the Rift

[OPEN] [Group 3] Murky water

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

The waters around the recently discovered Rotunda had turned murky since the darkness. Little, black fish creatures with hands and feet were the culprits with their oily eyes and small, white teeth. They bathed in the water and fed off of the natural life, slowly poisoning the once crisp and clean water. The murks had to be stopped.

{group 3} for the companion drop! First come first serve! (this group will have 4)

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie
- Arah -
Traveling to The Rotunda was easy enough, curing the murk that infected it's waters? The Sliver Doe wasn't even sure where she should begin. Her golden orbs traveled over the water, looking into it's depths. Within it only the dead and cursed lived, apparently the water's were to sick for the living to remain in. Her heat filled with dread, heavy with the knowledge that so many innocent creatures had died when the darkness consumed Helovia. "Oh...weaps mo chroí." Whispered to the dead spirits that lurked though out the land. Hooves came to a stop just before the water's edge, and Arah wondered how she would be able to help the brook's water's clear. Was it even possible? Sadly her eyes moved up and down the stream, studying the creatures that did live in the waters. What she saw made her chops turn down. Smallish, oily black fish creatures with what appeared to be unnatural limbs were clearly the culprits with their oily eyes and small, white teeth. They bathed in the water and fed off of the natural life, slowly poisoning the once crisp and clean water. Luckily they were bigger than your average fish, and it seemed like there was only a few hundred lurking in the river bank. They could do this. "It's the...fish like creatures." Her eyes watched one bathing in the light. They had to remove these creatures to heal the water and begin healing Helovia.

Sucking in a deep breath, Arah entered the water. Slowly, first the cool water barely kissed the edge of her hooves, the further the entered the more confident she become. For a fear had entered her mind, what if the creatures were innocents that had entered the water? What if the water had transformed them into these hideous and terrible creatures? There was no use dwelling on such wicked thoughts though, stopping at her knees, the mare continued to watch the creatures. They were rather fast, darting through the water, However when ever they came to stop in the sunlight, their guard seemed to drop. They would have to wait until each creature came to a stop in a natural patch of sunlight so they could...what? Remove them from the water only so they could return? Ask them to leave? No, their death's meant health returning to Helovia. Arah waited, positing herself so her shadow was mixed with those of the tress, Arah waited. One creature came to stop in the sunlight, it's digesting oils washing away into the running water. A slightest apology to the gods, Arah pounced. Moving quickly, she tried to pin the creature between her hooves, it saw her coming and hastened to get out of death's grip. It managed to slip away, the doe watched it go sadly. It would take more than one slipping away to make Arah give up however.

"We can't kill them individually." Arah said out loud to whomever might be listening. Still she waited for her next target. "We need a plan...a net or a box...A barrier even." Would the gods grace their luck by providing their group with a crafter? Another creature came to her spot of sunlight and as quick as a snake poised to bite, Arah crushed the creature between her hooves. Kicking it out from the water to rest on the bank, Arah sighed and waited for the next unfortunate soul. "Is anyone here a crafter?" Wondering into the sunlight, yet another target presented itself for Arah's hooves, for a while she watched as still at the sunlight that coloured and brightened the water, then yet again she pounced. Lucky seemed to favour her today, another creature was crushed beneath her hooves. Kicking this one to land next to the other dead creature Arah followed. Next she began collecting rocks, rolling them towards the stream pushing them with her nose. "Perhaps," she panted with the effort, "a barrier of sorts to slow them or stop them completely?" After all, she had no idea how to make a net. Perhaps moss tied together with some vines...held in place by rocks and bark alike.

Pausing from rolling her rocks, the doe looked around at the moss. "A net is might be more efficient." So back to square one Arah began to collect the moss. She stripped it from the surrounding trees, rocks and other plant life alike. Once she had enough to spread from one shore of the brook to the other, Arah collected vines only to come to a blank stop. How one earth could she tie the vines into the moss? Wondering into the forest with her vines, Arah finally found what she was looking for. Pine tar. It was sticky enough to hold the moss onto the vines, but hopefully wouldn't wash away in the current. So she got to work collecting the tar onto the vines and then sticking and attaching the moss until finally she had a net. Then for good measure Arah smeared the tar all over the moss, until finally her trap was complete. Dragging to back to the brook Arah glanced around. "We can use this? Someone will need to take it to the other side of the brook though." Arah hoped that not only would it stop the creatures from heading further down the stream, but that the creatures would also get stuck in the tar smeared onto the moss. "I'm of course open to other ideas..." Her eyes moved to the collected rocks to form a barrier. A back up plan.

I wasn't sure how many/large/quick these creatures are, so I kinda just went with the flow...If anything needs changing let me know.
Kissing The Frozen Flowers.
And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
The sassy, grumpy look the turtle gave only invigorated Elsa. She had to help this poor egg, and the grumpy turtle. It seemed that neither wanted to be in the situation they were in at the moment. Elsa took off towards one of the places that needed the “cleaning” done. She didn’t really know what to expect, other than that it was dealing with the darkness that still lurked about in the secret corners of the Helovian world.

The flight was quick, following behind a horned, deer-like unicorn mare. She had stopped, it sounded as if she was talking. That was when, from aerial view, she noticed the little oily creatures that were lurking about in the water. As Elsa swooped closer, the rotunda was nearby, and she caught the sounds of the unicorn mentioning a “crafter”. Elsa thought for a moment, and dove closer towards the earth, landing with a thud nearby. One of the fish darted near her, and Elsa reared, moving away from the dark water. The mare had brought back a trap-like contraption, but Elsa wasn’t going to wait.

Near the vicinity of the creatures, Elsa pulled three ice-walls from the ground. It formed a cold, freezing box for which she had hoped she trapped the creatures. She forced another slab over the ice, hoping to keep them locked in. Elsa shivered, these things were creepy, and that was for sure. She looked to the unicorn mare, and shrugged. "I could push a solid block of ice through the middle of the structure, to try and crush them." She said, looking again to the box. "If I captured any. We should try yours too." She nodded to the contraption.

"Talking"
Elsa
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie

& not to pull your halo down
around your neck and tug you to the ground, but...
Illynx followed after Arah, the only face she recognized aside from Destry’s, and far more suitable for companionship than the latter. Perhaps she should have walked ahead, but the woman didn’t feel particularly herself yet, still lingering in the memories of being ill with the disease that the turtle had sent them out to finish cleaning up after. More and more came to her every day, but she found that she still could not recall all the events that had transgressed while her mind had been feeding the darkness that had grown within her, and it left her rather stuck in her thoughts and less worried about making appearances.

Besides, Arah had always been faithful and of much use to the herd, no matter the differences in who the two women were or what ranks either of them held. Illynx could respect her for the antlers rising from her brow and the heart that beat within her chest, and that was suitable enough for her to follow behind the pretty white mare towards whatever task they would discover. Either way, we all know that the Gilded Blade has much face to recover in light of her past indiscretions – Arah being one of those who had spoken against her vehement refusal to accept that Psyche was to be replaced by Deimos.

She doesn’t resent the Impersonator for it. Illynx may just be growing up.

They arrive to a splendidly beautiful and mysterious structure in the middle of a dreamy wood, the trees barren and covered in a fine layer of frost and snow to befit the season. Her breath comes out in heavy plumes from dark rimmed nostrils as she gazes upon the sight of the prismatic colors dancing along the floor of the building, the stately rise of the pillars which give it height.

The only flaw in the glorious scene was that over the rippling of the fabric lined pillars, there was a babble of water, and within the water, many small black devils.

She eyes them with disgust writ across her features, peering into the water at the little things as Arah inquires if any are crafters and then builds a net while the pegasus offers ice magic and builds a small frozen box. She looks deeply into the water and ponders until their chatter is faded and then rises her eyes to look at them both, a twinkling light growing in their depths.

"The box is a good plan, as is the net. Guide as many as you can towards the box, Arah," she says, swallowing her agitation at having to work with a winged creature for the sake of her gluttonous desire for more power, "I can electrify the water that they are in and, with any luck, it’ll fry the little fiends."

I'm more than a little curious how
you are planning to go about making your amends to the dead
with your halo slipping down, your halo slipping, your halo slipping down
slipping down to choke you now.

image by candy<3
Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Irrydae Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: Seven
paddeh
Before I had time to wrap my mind around the task the Turtle gave all of us, Hotaru was already within a group and I had to pick a different one. I had met Arah a few other times, so I decided to follow her and two others towards a place I had yet to see. My golden orbs glittered curiously when we reached the pool and Rotunda. The small smile on my face turned to a frown when I saw the infected waters and oily black creatures lurking within them. I listen to Arah's plan, and watch her make her net. "I'm not a crafter, but I might be able to make a wall of sorts with my magic, in the water? Do you need any help with that, Arah?" I offer quietly.

I turn to watch the other pegasus make an ice box, hoping that she successfully caught some of those creatures. "Maybe we can trap the rest by using Arah's net and we can build a barrier with your ice, or rocks, or something of the sorts? Maybe if possible, a barrier where we can push it in and confine them to one space so it's easier?" I say, voicing the thoughts running through my head. "I can also help electrify the water with my magic to kill them." I answer after the gold and bay unicorn, nodding.

I play with my northern lights, testing it out as a wall. Anything that touches it will regret coming close, so possibly if I tried it out in the water. I move over to the edge of the waters and the northern lights drift along before slithering into the water and forming a barrier of sorts. "I can push this forward and see if the fish shy away from it," I say to the others, but wait to see if they have any other ideas. "We are also going to need to figure out a way to purify the water after the.. fish are dead. Maybe through electrifying it, or using moss, or even possibly replacing it with some of your ice?" I ask them, turning my eyes between each as I try and brainstorm ways to fix my home.

[ ooc ; I'm so so sorry for the wait! Vacation makes me busy busy. I understand if I'm not allowed to participate further, but I hope so~ ]

venomxbaby | solarka-stock | featherstockimages@ da
[Image: wu5k41.png]
please tag irry in every post! magic & aggression allowed w/o death

Helovian Ancient

The murks angrily watched the four who showed up, but only one started to do anything. Murk was not a single creature, but a conglomeration of fish like beings with loose matter like liquid. It was similar to the scum on the top of a dirty pond, but it moved like a fish would through the water, poisoning both surface and deep.

At the mention of electricity and ice, the murk growled, if top-scum could growl. The sound was like a low, irritated hum, and it started, very slowly, to harden.

72 hours to respond!

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
Two other eventually showed up, a golden unicorn, and a starry pegasus. All were mares, and Elsa was glad. Honestly, she wasn't sure that she could work with any stallions in a high pressure situation, they always seemed to be over possessive. Especially back home, nothing could ever get done when guys were around. They spoke of electrification, and trapping the animals, and then replenishing the water when they were done. That was a good point, Elsa would've never thought to replenish it, but her Ice could do the trick, so long as someone had quick means of melting it, such as the lightening. "I could replace the water, as long as someone has means of melting it." She nodded towards the golden unicorn who had mentioned electricity. "We should keep the contraption towards the side of the water, incase one of these murky things tries to escape." She finished, the words aimed at the white unicorn.

At the mention of such magics, the sludge seemed to become... uncomfortable. It growled, and started to hardened. Elsa didn't give a seconds moments notice to what the others were doing at that point, it had to be contained. She summoned as much as she could, trying to encase the outer "shell" of the darkness. The tried to freeze the entire thing, as as soon as she hoped it was covered, she began thinking, and trying to, push ice from her ice shell inwards. This was meant to crush the creatures, much like how a compressor works. She looked quickly, keeping most of her focus on the ice still, to the shiny unicorn. "Try electrifying it! If they break the ice, we can at least try to stun or kill them!" She half-heartedly screamed. She had to admit, the way these things moved made her extremely uncomfortable. The sheet of ice that covered the water, she hope, was crushing them. She needed them gone, it was for the turtle, and for the egg. Although honestly, she would be fine if grumpy mister turtle froze out there. "Hey Star and Deer," She called to the white unicorn and the purple pegasus, "Make sure everything is contained, if not, try and crush them with your hooves or trap them with the thing you made! If the ice and the electricity don't work, we all need to go hog wild with kicking." She felt bad she didn't know there names, but she could learn afterwards. Right now, they had bigger problems than social ones.

[ooc:// I didn't want to break post order, but I dont know how much i'll be able to post this weekend. :3 Basically Elsa is trying to crush them by trapping and squeezing.]
"Talking"
Elsa
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie
A final woman arrives, wings adorning her body along with an entire array of the evening sky. Illynx looks upon her purple and rather pretty exterior with the same loathing she always feels for the winged creatures, but another sensation of writhing envy burns in her heart and leaves her feeling rather sour towards the newest addition. Taking a breath, she glances over to Arah for but a moment before returning her focus to the other mare, as it seemed she had much to offer to the situation.

It is all the Lady has to maintain an appearance of nonchalance, but she somehow attains it; this is not the place or time for the rancorous sounds of her racist desires, or the childish ego that accompanies it, and even foolish Illynx knows this. Either way, it seems that they have a fine set of workers, the pretty pegasus sending a shimmering, elegant wall that is seemingly the same light show that flickers above the Basin; more jealousy broils in her belly.

Who the fuck is this woman, she thinks as the action begins to unfold, and why is she not already in the prison upon the mountain?

She then remembers the absence of Psyche, her ill suited replacement – and sighs softly, stepping towards the waters and gathering her mental will to herself as she had been practicing ever since discovering that the disease had left her warped in some way. The sparks rise along the length of her horn, golden and white as the platinum band wrapped about her leg and the amulets dangling from her neck.

The cries of the white pegasus mare are barely heard, the further explanations given by the starry mare a whisper over her focus. She can sense that whatever these things are in the water, they know the end is coming for them – and there is little time to act. She does not need the weak winged creature’s shrill cries to know this.

The bolt strikes where she wants it to, as it always does now that she has worked on it some, though at first she had met disastrous ends – her forelock is singed as is her muzzle and parts of her face, and there are many more black marks down in the caverns they’d hidden in then there once had been.

Again and again, she sends the volatile electricity into the water, hoping to watch the little devils die with more vengeance than even they perhaps deserve.

She’s off putting a lot of aggression on the whelps, after all, for the sake of the ladies helping her.

Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie
- Arah -
"Illynx." Arah dipped her antlered head in respect, she may not see eye to eye with the golden tinted lady, but Illynx was still her Queen. "My Lady." The antlered mare did not argue with the winged one who had appeared and began to form an ice box. It was an interesting contraption, peering closer at the ice and being mildly impressed by the girl's magic, the silver doe remained quiet. Irrydae's arrival caused Arah to pause in her activity, it had been a while since she'd seen the winged mare. Offering a small smile and a nod Arah responded to the winged one's enquiry. "Please Irrydae." Arah continued to work while listening to the rest of Irrydae's thoughts. This was for sure a group task, and it might be tricky for this group of four to manage it. Still the silver doe did not doubt the groups creative ideas. Building and adding to her own suggestions, or brand new ones that were sure to work just as well, they could do this as a team. Illynx instructed her to guide as many as she could towards the box. "Aye, My Lady." Nodding once Arah began to work as a herding creature, attempting to force the creatures towards the box.

Suddenly the murky creature began to harden. Arah backed off a few steps and paused to watch. Disgust swirled in her stomach, as her golden eyes studied the new movement. The game was changing and it was changing quickly, they had to react now. When winged girl began to scream at the Queen of The Basin, Arah watched nervously. This could turn nasty very quickly, she was going to have to mediate this rather bizarre situation it seemed. "There is no need to scream." Gently Arah tired to calm the girl down with her soothing tones. Normally the doe would have schooled the girl on who the golden lady was. There wasn't much time now however, so Arah let it slide for now. Something irked Arah about the winged girl, it wasn't her screaming or her rudeness...it was a smell mingled with her scent. The smell was something familiar...something that reminded her of home? Pushing it to the back of her mind for now, Arah returned to the situation.

Exiting the water so her Lady did not shock her along with the murk creature, Arah came to a stop next to Illynx's side and watched her bolts hit the water. "Amazing." Whispered Arah was a soft sigh. As each bolt hit the target, the silver doe waited. The creature was sitting in water, with electricity hitting it. Surely it wouldn't be able to survive electrocution. Deer. Arah's eyes snapped over the winged girl who was still yelling her head off. In the past that would have annoyed her, raising two children proved that one must learn to be endlessly patient. "Arah." Elegantly, the mare turned back to the water.

Her eyes traveled over the bolts that were sent into the water. "Do not go into the water Irrydae, you'll be electrocuted." Assuming the purple mare already knew this much was not good enough for Arah. She had to be sure that everyone was remaining safe. Walking away from Illynx, Arah bent down to pick up the net, they would have to throw it over the top of the creature and trap it underneath. Speaking through a mouthful of net, Arah called her friend over. "Help me with this Irrydae, please." Then Arah waited a moment studying where she wanted the net to land. Without paying attention to wether or not Irrydae was on the other end of the net, Arah tossed it.
Kissing The Frozen Flowers.
And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Irrydae Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: Seven
paddeh
I glance at the others, listening to the other pegasus as she inquires about replenishing the water if we were to remove it. Golden eyes watch the waters carefully and slowly the murk starts to harden, 'Try electrifying it! If they break the ice, we can at least try to stun or kill them!' I flinch slightly at the girl's screech, my eyes flicking to her quickly. I am pleased that Arah says something as well about it to the girl, but my own words slip out "We must act quickly, and calmly." I stare at the hardening surface of the water for a second as the one Arah called Illynx sends electricity towards it. I snap back my wings before quickly snapping them forward, stardust hurling towards the water and crackling. 'Hey Star and Deer.' Golden eyes peer at the white pegasus, and as Arah introduces herself, I do after "Irrydae." I turn away from her to send more of my stardust into the waters and I hear Arah's voice again, 'Do not go into the water Irrydae, you'll be electrocuted.' I nod, even though I already knew that. It probably would have been better to tell me that as a kid, though.

I am happy to help Arah, at her request. I trod over to her net, admiring it silently as I pick up one end with it in my mouth while more of my northern lights drifts over to the water and spills into it, trying to penetrate and stop the hardening. I heft the net over with Arah and toss it as she does and quietly murmur "Let me know if you need any more help." I work quickly on scattering my stardust all over the water, hoping that with it's ability to drain energy, it will do so to the fish and whatever was causing it to harden. I work swiftly with both of my magics, trying to spread it out evenly before I turn to Illynx, though it could be a question for all: "Do you think we should try and attack it evenly or concentrate on one spot?"

I shift over to Arah, standing closely to her before I say more that has come to my head. "Should we try and trick it to stop, or believe that we left?" I whisper to her, and not to keep my plan secret from the other two, but from the waters that seemed to have a mind of it's own. "Or do you think it'll be able to see past that?" I finish while eyeing the waters suspiciously.

[ ooc ; GAH I think I actually got it in on time? If not, I'm terrible :x.. I just got back from vacation late last night so I swear it won't be a problem anymore~ ]

venomxbaby | solarka-stock | featherstockimages@ da
[Image: wu5k41.png]
please tag irry in every post! magic & aggression allowed w/o death

Helovian Ancient
Two will continue from this group. In order of post:

Even: Elsa
Odd: Illynx
Even: Arah
Odd: Irrydae

1d6 rolled for a total of: 6 (6)

Helovian Ancient
6 = even, so Elsa and Arah continue!
Please standby - a thread will be posted for you and the winners of the other two groups shortly. You will be tagged!

Elsa's water replacement and Illynx's shocking magic did the trick, but in her frustration Illynx's magic may have done too much good! The slime on top of the lake, hissing, fizzing and shriveling from the killing blows, popped out of the water, covering Illynx's body as they died, yuck! What remained of the green scum was captured in the net by Arah and Irrydae, but unfortunately, some of the dying slime managed to get Irrydae as well as she looked at the waters.

However, the small pond was now clean and fresh with the living creatures gratefully waving. Though two would be going home a little dirtier than before!