the Rift

[OPEN] Skinny Dipping

Morana Posts: 37
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15 :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
Candy

Even within the chill of winters clutches, the sun still had its tendency to shine through gray skies, its rays beam and dance upon the earth’s glittering surface. Both treacherous and beautiful, winter would soon enough come to an end, and the blooming spring would be upon us with its blistering heat waves. It was something to be respected; nature was responsible for the ways of life, molding and shaping our species into industrial machines ticking to the beat of her time clock. There of course was the myth and legend of the Gods, those who have created the green earth and those who control the waters of the ocean, the wind upon the mountains. But nay, she did not believe in such a thing. The elements of nature were just that, Nature. But the discussion between the almighty and the damned was another topic, of course there had to be some form of evil in this world. Some dark deity that commanded us to do what we do; but where there is darkness the light always manages to creep in. It was perhaps, another balance of nature, no one really understood the meaning of life, or where all creation came from.

At least you know there is life after death. Of course, mother would chime in upon my thoughts of the way of life. I chose to ignore her statement, though I did linger on the fact she might have a point. Even in her death, laced within my mind she managed to speak to me, to guide me with advice needed to find direction, to ease my choices into the code she had created me. Sometimes she would show herself to me, standing there in all her hybrid beauty. She was the angel of a tragic night; easily she could have brought forth the shadows of death and cast me into oblivion. But I didn’t. I know. Of course, I have never mentioned that night to anyone, the slaughter of my parents, and the question to why was I spared? I was wanted, a Hybrid born of purity and yet adorn no wings, yield no horn. I was a sought out item for that band of outcasts; they knew what I was and how powerful I would become.

I was stripped of my family, my magic and my pride. I got to watch it all fall to glass shards, to black winged devils that came on a stormy night. And she, the white Pegasus had pulled me from the blood, and taken me as her own, sheltering me in her way of life. I couldn’t leave you among the dark-ones, pooled in blood Morana. And what do I say to you now? Some days, I wish you would have let them take me. I couldn’t help but feel a tinge of regret for the loss of my family, even my siblings taken into the darkness to my knowledge. It was because I was special that they wanted to bring me to deaths door step at such a young age. A hybrid daughter, purity in blood and yet… so ill equipped.

Cream hooves planted upon different soil, it wasn’t hard like the cave floors, nor was it cold and sloshed like the snow I had just been wandering in. It moved, and shifted under my weight. The distinct hissing sound it made, grains grinding against one another. It was different, new. I had seen sand before, but it was dry and powdery; this was thick and heavy, molding to the steps as if it were almost a dry clay. Warmth radiated off my skin, it wasn’t extremely warm, but warmer than before. The breeze combing across my smooth fibers were rich with salt. Impulse and curiosity filled me, as I turned my weight and forced into the direction of the wind rolling over the hill, long reeds of foliage waved within the flow of the breeze. It was captivating, as if I couldn’t get enough of it. With elegance and well placed strides upon the moist sands, my slender physique moved upon the speckled dome, my contrasting pelt contrasting against the horizon.

Oculars peaked over, tiara following suit as I gazed upon the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. For as far as the eye could see, an endless blue body of liquid rippled and roared as it massaged the sands gently back and forth. In awe, I walk forth slowly nearing the lap of the water upon the rippled yet smooth sands. Lobes pricked forth, listening to the sound of the ocean, as the sun beamed just above; ”Why have I never seen this.” I questioned myself, a whisper upon the breeze, as the sound of strange creatures echoed beautifully in the distance. Their fins slicing through the water, mists rolling from their heads in what seemed to be like breaths; craving more of this delicious landscape, I stepped forth into the water’s edge, letting it caress my hooves, rinsing my ivory dipped legs as the cool, and strangely warm waters rinsed the dirt from them, returning their elegance.

And in this moment, I was happy. I felt revived, walking further into the depths of this ocean and gazing down upon my hooves through the sparkling waters. Something so powerful, made me feel so insignificant, so small compared to its greatness. Now shoulders deep, I dare not go further, but lowered my lips to the surface of the water. Tongue tingling to the waters rather foul taste of salt. Shaking my head my lips receded from the waters kiss, as the waves crashed against my chest. It wasn’t the warmest of things, but it was warmer than the place she had come from. Pulling from the grip of the water’s edge, its liquid rushing down my sleek wet darkened sides; coat glittering under the sunlight as I am freshly revived, and no longer coated in mud and dirt from the snowy travels. Hooves still submerged, I turned to gaze upon the white caps of the water, still an astonished look glinting in the depths of my silver pools. The ocean. My mother’s voice caused a perk in my head as I watched the waves ripple on the horizon. So powerful. Indeed, I was pleased

Tags: @[Hector] (if you would like to join)
Words: 1,056
oOc: Open to everyone. Tagged Hector because they never really finished their last talk. <3
Normal Speech
Mother's Voice.
Response to mother.
Table coded by Abba

Note Posts: 183
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.3hh :: 6 years Buff: NOVICE
Sabel :: Iberian Lynx :: Stormcall bry
[Image: 50ceb46754fc8]

'Today I'm teaching you how be to nice!' Sabel mused atop her bonded's withers, claws entangled in his dark tendrils of mane. The cat kept her forelegs like this when they flew, her hind feet resting just in front of his wings. She flattened and adjusted to the change in altitude fairly well these days, her body becoming used to the feeling.
Note rolled his eyes at her words, a snort coming from his ashen muzzle. 'I'm nice,' he retorted, giving his large, hawk-like wings a few flaps to propel the pair forward. Freedom was beckoning his name and he was not about to ignore that call, so he had took to the ocean. It was near his new herd, his favorite friend. Nothing wrong with escaping reality every now and then.
'You guilt yourself to being kind, I teach you to be actual nice,' Sabel stated firmly, claws digging into his skin. Note gave the cat another snort, giving her a sharp green glare. He should be happy to have Sabel, and he was secretly grateful for the lanky lynx, but she could be immensely annoying. Not to mention disrespectful. The thing was - without Note, Sabel would be dead. He had saved her life, didn't he deserve more than a sharp-tongued, foolish cat with the mind of a foal?
Then again, Sabel had saved his own life when he was unwell. That put them on somewhat even ground as far as life-saving went. Just because Sabel had saved his life didn't mean he was going to give her full control on how they went about their day. Sabel had saved his life once, but she depended on him for survival each and every day. That kind of stuff gets tiring.
Note turned, about to leave the ocean when he saw an equine, shoulder deep in the ocean. Why in the world would she be in the water? It was freezing during Frostfall. He certainly did not wish to be in the liquid today, or any day during this season, no matter how much he loved it.
The stallion curved in his course, allowing his left wingtips to graze the surface of the water, sending up small splashes and droplets of the liquid. He simply had to confront the horse.
As he got closer, Note was able to see that the horse was a mare, lacking wings or a horn of any sort. Like Cheveyo. But definitely not Cheveyo. The stallion came to stop before the mare, a great deal of feet in between them so he could keep flying, hovering above the ocean's waves. His wings were very large, twice, maybe three times his own size, making it pretty difficult to stay in a close proximity to the mare without getting in the water. Like he was getting in the ocean. Not at this time of year. He was grateful the mare didn't have a horn, for his stomach was clearly exposed to her. For a moment, Note was silent, simply gazing at the mare, taking in every detail of her body not submerged underwater.
'Step One: say hello and your name,' Sabel began, crawling up the joint connecting Note's shoulder to his wings. Her sightless eyes found the mare's body in the midst of the ocean's serene chaos. She offered a friendly meow as if to say hello as she was perched upon her bonded. Note almost turned around to nip the lynx in warning and to scold her, but doing so in front of others was not so cool.
The internal struggle between Sabel's will and his own was far too conflicting for him to handle, so Note decided to try the nice thing. Well, Sabel forced him to with her own emotions. Plus, he could already see the storm gathering due to her overwhelming senses. Sabel was very good at overreacting to things and causing a storm. Literally. To keep her at bay, the stallion only had to listen to her.
"Uh, hey, I - uh, I'm Note," The stallion practically had to choke out the words, face turned down in distaste. He hated naturally being kind to others, it was weird. "That's Sabel," Note stated, nodding his head at the cat perched upon his wing. It was strenuous to keep her up there, but it was nice to have somewhat of a work out, for the stallion rarely got one anymore.
"Why are you in the water?" Note asked, sharp green gaze flicking to her own orbs. This question was the only reason he had stopped by the mare. Who was insane enough to take a dip in such freezing temperatures?

[Image: 52f3087fe3a26]
"The thought made Note's heart ache, but that's what love is. You don't care if the other person hates you or rejects you or anything of the sort because you just want to see them be happy."
pixel by tamme

tag me in all threads & replies!

Hidden Account
Candy

Perhaps it was because my legs were already numb to the winter’s cold grip, that I remained standing- wading into this endless blue ocean. Having been over excited, I didn’t notice the winged shadow upon the horizon as I gazed into the glittering waters, their waves dancing below a painted sky, pastel smears of magenta and gold. It was a true sight to be seen, and the sound of the waves crashing against the shore was as if the earth was breathing- it’s beating heart pounding against the shore.

Listen. I am, isn’t it beautiful? Listen, someone’s coming Lobes of rustic autumn pivoted upon my dual toned visage, iced pools searching for the source of what sounded like drums in the distance. Wings made to slice through the air, and then like magic a shadow formed before me, blocking out the sunlight and cascading a shadow over my face.

Before me, with all his mightiness; hovered the Pegasus stallion, shadowed to his features, I couldn’t make much detail to his appearance other than his massive wings, and a prowling creature upon his shoulders. I wasn’t startled, per say- but I didn’t want to be caught so vulnerable, and standing in this numbing water wasn’t the best of places to be caught standing, then again unless he wanted to be cold, he wouldn’t dare touch the water as well, and get those precious wings wet.

A muffled meow echoed in my lobes as I lifted my head, slowly backing up out of the ocean. Eyes narrowed gazing into the sunlight trying to get a better glimpse of who was addressing me. Note His voice staggered, almost as if he was unsure of how to say hello. Sable, his motions pointed to the feline upon his shoulders, decent sized lynx- I have seen them before. And normally, they were not tolerated, a dangerous creature.

I could feel the cold water running down my legs now, even colder as the winter breeze wrapped around me like a frost bitten towel. It was much warmer in the water, it was numbing, where you couldn’t feel the cold. Slightly irritated and the coldness creeping over my legs as they started to shake, I forced a confused smile upon my lips. ”He-h-Hello.” I sounded like a jumbling idiot, lips quivering as I reversed more upon the slushy sands. How is it just a moment ago, I felt fine? Frozen and numb, but my body didn’t quiver, nor shake. And now, I was trembling like a newborn filly standing for the first time. I wanted nothing more than to lay down, to warm my legs, but that wasn’t happening. Not with a stranger around.

”I um.” Fuck it all I can’t even say an entire sentence. I didn’t even know what to say to his question. Never seen it. I cringed, doing the best to get my trembling legs in order. Before, the ocean? Finished, stepping back once more and shaking myself free of moisture. Refreshed, and my coat pristine, soaked and shining against the sun. What little warmth from the sun was such a comfort to my cold skin. Forgetting Something? Fuck. My attention snaps back to the Pegasus and his feline companion as I shiver and give a friendly smile, no matter how hard it was. ”I’m Morana.” My voice soft, as I hoped he would land soon. The cold air bursting from his wings wasn’t very pleasant.

My eyes of silver resting upon his emerald gaze, perhaps she did look a little crazy standing in the ocean in the dead of winter. But its beauty was captivating. ”I needed a bath.” I motioned to the sunset, the light rippling over the ocean. I was filthy, coated in mud and dust before stepping into the oceans roar. Now, I was frozen- but spotless! Nape arched as I moved, turning slightly to the right as my blood-tear pendant bounced upon my breast. I couldn’t help, but wonder what he wanted with me, was he being friendly? Or was this leading somewhere else?

Tags: @[Note]
Words: 686
oOc: I love Note. <3
Normal Speech
Mother's Voice.
Response to mother.
Table coded by Abba

Hidden Account

”He-h-Hello.” The strange mare was just as flustered as he was. Two socially awkward beings don't cancel each other out, they just make the situation worse. Unless they're awkward in the same ways, that's a different story. Then they go on to parade in their acceptance of their existence. Happy endings for everyone.
But it didn't look like Note and this mare were the same awkward. They were uncertain, wary of each other, but maybe not because of the same reasons. The mare backed up, away from him. He wasn't trying to scare her away...or maybe she was just getting out of the water. He would too. Actually, he wouldn't have gotten in the water in the first place.
The mare continued to back up until she was out of the water, stringing along a jumble of words that were barely coherent to the stallion.
”I um. Never seen it. Before, the ocean?" Was what Note could tell she had said. The dusty bay laughed softly at the mare's stuttering, long dark gray tail dipping in the water. The mare shook her coat, glistening droplets of water falling from her coat. She was a spectacular sight when wet at least. All horses were; weren't they?
"Cold got your tongue?" Note teased, smirking playfully. "Ocean's better in the summer."
It was then Note noticed the mare's legs shaking, from the cold no doubt. Poor girl. Shouldn't have gotten in the water.
”I’m Morana."
Pretty. She was being friendly enough. His flapping was probably not helping her situation. Note raised himself farther into the air until he could dive towards the sand, Sabel rushing to grab his mane. He landed with a soft thud before Morana, lips barely upturned in a smile. The bay was good at many things, but displaying emotion did happen to be one.
”I needed a bath.” the mare explained, motioning towards the sunset. Note lifted his head, giving her a slow nod.
"I'm pretty sure there are warmer places to bathe, Morana," Note smiled, Sabel pulling her claws from her bonded's mane to stand upon his back, sightless eyes finding the mare. 'Show her to me,' the cat demanded, claws slowly digging into his think skin. The stallion obliged, showing the lynx what she desired.
'Help her, she cold,' Sabel gasped through the bond, concern filling every syllable. 'How? With lightning? Fake fire?' Note snapped, emotionless on the outside. 'Figure it out - not my problem,' Sabel stuck her head up, sitting down just behind Note's withers.
Note sighed, sharp green gaze flickering up to Morana's silver one. He extended his wings towards her, the lengthy appendages not fully pulled out. They were large enough to easily cover the mare.
"C'mere, you're going to freeze," Note said, trying to sound borderline concerned. He couldn't believe he was even offering to do this. It wasn't something he did a whole lot. Hell, he couldn't even remember offering Soh such a thing, or his daughter in the unfortunately brief time they had spent together.
But he was offering a bit of warmth, his own embrace, to this stranger. Perhaps it would be a new attribute of his. Pity on the needy. Caring. Something like that. He just prayed he wouldn't be taken advantage of for being...dare he say it: nice.

--

ooc; @[Morana] ehehe thank you, I'm glad! I love Morana - and the fact her mom is in her head, it's really cool :D

"The thought made Note's heart ache, but that's what love is. You don't care if the other person hates you or rejects you or anything of the sort because you just want to see them be happy."
pixel by tamme

Hidden Account
Candy

Such a lovely situation I have backed myself into, on a feral beach with a huge body of water that I’ve never seen before. And now, a stranger hovers before me with some strange feline griping his withers. Lobes of rose-rock hue lazed back to the sides as I trembled almost uncontrollably. Unable to speaking smoothly due to chattering teeth, velvet lips curved into a trembling smile. Such a fool, what was I thinking walking into this ocean of blue in the dead of winter? You’ve survived worse, not your first time jumping into ice water. Ah yes, of course you would mention the fact of my child hood, jumping into a puddle- or what I thought was a puddle, that turned out to be a random mini-lake in the middle of our meadow, yeah it ended with me nose deep in ice water; Brilliant.

As the stallion that calls himself Note, laughs at my shivering my smile fades into a frown, as sheer embarrassment, or rather what I would consider them to take such emotions, is this what it felt like to be humiliated? Cold got your tongue? Why you don’t say, pretty boy. I avoid rolling my eyes to his statement of the obvious, as lobes prick forth in a friendlier manner. As he spoke of the ocean, I couldn’t resist gazing back to all its massive glory. The thought of summer, and the heat against my skin made me shudder, how I missed it already. The summer that is; bathing in the warmth of the suns radiation, makes the skin sleek, smooth- no more thick un-even winter coat.

Pools never left the winged stallion as he moved to the beach, landing with talent, softly upon the tan sand. I couldn’t help but utter a laugh to the expression on his face, what was that curled up lip thing? I had seen others do it before, and it just makes them look rather ridiculous. Though his following statement was probably true, finding those places was rather hard. I had yet to find any hot springs; any place with warm liquids, though it would be nice right about now.

I let my gaze slip down his neck and to the pretty companion that sat upon his shoulders, normally creatures and I didn’t get along to well, but felines never seemed to be bothered by my company. I offered a gentle wicker, perhaps in a small hello to his bonded feline Sabel. Another chill creeps upon my spine, as I collect my legs under me, standing stiff as if frozen upon the beach, and what the stallion was doing now, was a shock- even to me of all emotionless things to walk the earth.

I could only imagine what my facial expression appeared to be, as his wings outstretched I refrained from rearing up upon my trembling legs. I hesitated and remained frozen as his voice lured me to remain motionless, though my mind was screaming for me to move, to lunge out of his reach, to kick or strike out with open jaws to taste his chocolate flesh. But no, I simply curved my nape and moved closer to the stag as he pulled his wing around me and my bodice pressed against his. He felt.. dry, warm. As awkward as this is- was this normal? Was this, how they showed… affection? It must be so, for the last time anyone alive that managed to wrap me with their wings embrace was my blood mother, and even my guardian mother.

Honestly, I was confused on what to say, or how to act. So I just leaned into him, the wetness of my coat mingling with his dry dusty one. Rather confused on this whole situation, I savored the warmth radiating from his chest; my shivers fading away and was not as violent as before. This was true kindness, to reach out and touch someone you hardly know, while we shuddering in the dark, wet and alone. ”Thank you.”I managed to say finally, two words I haven’t spoken in.. I can’t remember when the last time I used them. And for a moment, I wondered about this new found emotion I was trying my best to adjust too. I wondered, if this stallion would change his mind about my lovely image, should he know my dark history of blood and murder. I was not shameful, but being the captor of the biggest secret in history can weigh on your shoulders a bit.

Don’t get lost in the boys touch. Lobes fell back against my painted crown as the words of my mother ring forth. I’m just standing here. I taunted her within my mind, pressing my shoulder closer to the stallion, icy pools turning to gaze into his with a gentle smile. Little does he know, what serpent he wrapped his wings around. As the sun began to sink into the ocean, the sky turned a glittering purple, alight with stars and huffs of scattered clouds. ”You have nice wings” I said almost quietly, doing best to keep close to his warmth, savoring the touch of another that I have not yet felt in so very long. I was envious of the Pegasus and Unicorn, why couldn’t I have been so lucky to be blemished with such appendages?

Words: 894
oOc: Shes never been hugged on before. XD Epic.
Normal Speech
Mother's Voice.
Response to mother.
Table coded by Abba

Hidden Account

So far, their increasingly awkward meeting had just consisted of her shivering and them just blatantly, uncomfortably laughing at each other. It certainly wasn't the most desirable situation he was involved in, but it was better than a fair bit of his recent encounters with a few particular horses.
Note's brow raised at the mare's soft, terse laugh. He didn't think he was being that funny. The stallion supposed that some horses just had an odd sense of humor. With this in mind, he gave the mare a smirk before softly tossing his head to get his forelock off his eyes. It had grown a ridiculous amount in the past few months, the dark gray tendrils constantly fell over his eyes and rested upon his muzzle. It was quite bothersome at times, but it wasn't irritating enough to actually do something about it.
The stallion's gaze returned to Morana when she started to pay a bit of attention to Sabel. The lynx seemed to like it. She meowed softly, giving the mare the best toothy grin a cat could offer. They both noticed how stiff the mare looked. He could only imagine how cold she must have been. Note enjoyed the cold, it was rejuvenating and Frostfall was even his favorite season. But he did not enjoy getting wet during the winter for more reasons he could even name.
Morana's face when he offered her a bit of warmth was priceless. Hell, if it wasn't for his forelock falling in front of his features again, his would have been slightly twisted in pain. He was fairly torn at offering to hold the mare. He hadn't done a thing like this with but two other mares. Then again, they weren't about to freeze their asses off.
'Just protecting, that's all I'm doing,' Note assured himself as the wet fem moved into his touch. She really was freezing. As long as no one found them, this encounter would be no problem at all. So the stallion pulled his wings out a bit more, the thicker part of the appendages crossing upon the mare's back. The rest of his feathers had no problem covering the rest of the mare, who was just about the same size as himself. This was just one of the perks of having wings three times your size; embraces are easy.
”Thank you.” Morana said. It was strange. He could almost feel how hesitant she was about his touch. It wasn't as if he was out for her blood. Then again they had known each other for like ten minutes...she didn't know a thing about him, and vice versa.
"Don't mention it," Note gave the mare a lopsided grin, a bit of sympathy gleaming in his sharp green gaze. His dusty coat was slowly starting to get soaked, knowing that eventually the liquid would seep through his pelt and freeze his skin.
The mare smiled in an incredibly charming way, moving just a bit closer into his touch. Note retained his aslant smile, eyes flickering to where their skin touched, then back up at the mare's features. Was she just that eager for a bit of warmth or was their something more brewing in her mind?
”You have nice wings,” the mare complimented, silver orbs seeming to glow in under the shroud of night. Note himself looked a bit different under the darker sky, the shadows of his dusty bay pelt took on a dark blue glimmer, sharp green eyes fading to look darker. Almost black. He blended well with the night, the only thing looking a bit outstanding were his silver hooves. They shone in the moonlight.
"Thank you," Note said with a bit of genuine gratefulness as an idea began to form in his mind. A terrible, awful idea that he was sure he would regret later on. The stallion flicked his ears backwards, hesitating for a moment, but deciding it was the best thing to do under the circumstances. The mare was about to freeze..
Note moved his head to rest upon Morana's withers, neck crossing with hers if she didn't move away. "You're really cold," the stallion murmured, fighting the urge to shiver himself. The fact that the temperature dropped in the night was not helping at all.
Perhaps more conversation would help get his mind off the cold. "Where are you from?" he questioned, trying to sound sincere and interested. Which he was. Sort of. He just didn't want to be standing there awkwardly anymore.

--

@[Morana] this scene is perfect xD

pixel by tamme

Hidden Account
Candy

The entire wound up emotions I had of harming the individual had cascaded away fading into the sound of the roaring ocean as its waves hissed against the white grain that dotted the beach. What was this, strange feeling that was washing over my physique, pushing my skin against that of the other? They would call it; comfort the act of feeling safe, wanted and unafraid. At least, that’s what I took it as, my trembling muscles damning me for setting foot in the ocean; that I could only swear was warmer before I walked out of it, maybe it was just the numbness of the cold.

Lobes perked to the sound of his companion’s meow, pools of silver lining turn to reflect upon the beautiful creature. I pondered for a moment, wondering what mastery this stallion would have to acquire to tame such an animal. It was very strange the way nature worked sometimes, carnivores hooking up and bonding with herbivores, then again I constantly have to remember and remind myself this is a world where equine have horns protruding from their skull, and wings of all shapes and sizes that lay upon their shoulders. And here I was nothing special, just a pretty face with a wicked smile.

Don’t mention it. His response to my gratitude and his genuine look that lay deep within emerald chambers would have probably caused any other mare to blush, and break under pressure. I was close, I will never admit I was, but the blush lay dormant behind painted skin quivering under the moon light. I was fortunate, that he wasn’t some rebel out to attack me, or had a thirst for blood. I wouldn’t be able to defend myself without a rush of adrenaline; the bitter cold would toss me off guard, chattering teeth being my only defense.

My eyes casted down upon the dimming sands, the moonlight the only guide in the dark as I gaze upon his glinting hooves, his legs painted in the deepest of blacks standing out against our grain platform. Thank you. I said nothing, I didn’t have too. This stranger’s embrace was more… welcoming now. Pools closed for a moment, as a deep chill caused me to cringe as I tried to force it at bay; suddenly I feel warmth upon the back of my neck. Hooves bared into the sands, legs stiffen in place as my head was level with the horizon. I’m fairly sure my eyes had become the size of the moon when I felt his warm breath upon my wingless painted shoulders.

Oh my gods, what is he doing?! I’m not sure Morana. What help are you? My mind was racing, almost as if I was arguing with myself, but it was mothers voice. What do I do!? I tensed my muscles, feeling them pull and flex under the skin. Marbled pendulum swishing against my hocks, flinging water droplets from its tips as it lashed upon my sides. Kind as it may be, had gone from comfortable to very alarming. Maybe he wants to cover you. Well that narrows it down, what exactly do you mean by cover? Lobes quietly dropped to my skull, a deep breath rising and falling within my lungs as I remained placed, and completely vulnerable.

You’re really cold. A soft snort vibrated through plush velvet nostrils as my nape arched with shivering elegance, muscles still tight, as I’m doing my best to force myself to relax. His inquiry about where I was from, caused me to raise a brow. I paused -mid breath, almost perplexed in what to say. Did I mention my birth home, or the fact that Hector was the only one that ever mentioned a herd land to me? Tongue lapped through rose lips, as I thought for a moment on what to say, allowing him to hold his rather, alarming but... charming embrace. What was the name of that herd he talked about? I mused for a moment, and flicked sorrel lobes forth as it came to me. ”Dragons Throat.” I think I blurted out, almost joyful that I remembered the damn name, almost completely for a moment, forgetting the cold grasp of winter. It was rather crazy, that I had been here for weeks, but only knew a couple of horses.

Fondly, my mind lures on the mysterious flame-kissed stallion of the desert, was it warm there now? Maybe this stallion, Note, did he come from the throat? ”I’m fairly new here; don’t know much about the wonders Helovia holds.” I gave a half smile, obviously not so sure about its inhabitants either. ”And what of you and your Companion? Do you hail from the throat as well?” My pools, hopeful wondering if this land was filled with Pegasus and Hybrids, as that is all I have seen thus far, save for the rebel equine family I have acquired.. but that is another story.

Words: 831
oOc: (sorry so long, muse burst0 Who knows where it might lead. xD
Normal Speech
Mother's Voice.
Response to mother.
Table coded by Abba

Hidden Account

It was strange for Note to have someone so wound around his hooves. He was the puppet-master in this charade, free to do whatever he wanted to with the mare. Perhaps even more strange was that he only wanted to keep her warm, make sure she was safe. The vulnerability of her situation was purely amusing, though. Maybe he just had a thing for pretty girls and he just never noticed it before.
Morana was alarmed by his touch, causing a soft smile to dance upon his lips. It was as if she had never known the touch of another being. He supposed there was a first time for everything, including a simple, non-romantic hug.
Non-romantic.
An embrace, even the most elementary ones, had affection behind them, didn't they? Theirs was brought out of a dire situation, a share of warmth at the least. Or so he thought. It was a confusing idea to ponder, so he left it alone, reveling in the touch itself instead of the feelings behind it.
Note, practically drowning in his own confusion, shifted his muzzle up to the mare's nape, watching her reaction with wide, amused, sharp green orbs. He couldn't help but utter a soft laugh at her, the girl was way out of her element.
Her nape was tense, every other muscle in her body was as well. He was trying to push the mare close to the edge without sending her tumbling over it. A tense, uncomfortable, awestruck reaction was exactly what he had been looking for. At least he knew the boundaries that came with her ordinary standards.
”Dragons Throat.”
Note's brow raised slightly at the answer. It certainly wasn't what he was expecting. To his recollection, there was an entire oasis in the Throat, complete with a large pond he had bathed in many times, especially during Frostfall when most springs were freezing, while the desert supplied a bit more warmth than that.
She had to be lying. Why lie about your allegiance? It was strange, perplexing to the stallion, but he didn't question her. Not yet, anyways.
”I’m fairly new here; don’t know much about the wonders Helovia holds.” Had she never set foot in her own herd? There was a fairly warm pond there...
”And what of you and your Companion? Do you hail from the throat as well?”
She was probably lying. Should he? No, of course not. He wasn't a liar.
"I was born to rogues outside of Helovia, came here a couple years ago, joined the Throat, yes, it was there I met Sabel," Note pondered for a moment before deciding that was correct. "I left, now I'm a part of the World's Edge," The stallion finished, giving her a lopsided grin. Little did she know the suspicions Note had conjured about the girl.
"I know my memory isn't the sharpest, but isn't there a pond of sorts in the Throat?" Note inquired, the devious grin still plastered upon his lips, "I'd think it'd be a warmer place to bathe, Morana."
He tried his best not to sound accusing, more curious than anything. It would be a shame to run off the mare this early in their encounter. They were just getting started.

--

@[Morana]

pixel by tamme

Hidden Account
Candy

Cold and shivering I stood there like a long lost helpless filly. The heartbeat of the stallion echoed in my mind as I remained helpless to my own demise. I couldn’t help but wonder what was going through his mind as I thought of my history with stallions; Most of the time their mind was set on one thing and that one thing alone right? They were typical, disgusting yet powerful beings that needed what little respect they could muster. So I allowed him to touch me, to feel my skin against his own.

As Note told his story of birth, and that he did indeed come from the throat I let a smile curve upon my pale lips. Tingling spine rippled through my thick muscle tone as I kindly sidestepped from his embrace with a blush. I don’t believe you. Just a little flirtation goes a long way mother, isn’t that what you taught me? Crystal eyes glanced upon his feline companion, tiara tilting in wonder as I have never really understood companionship between equines and animals.

I snapped back to reality, as he talked about a pond in the dragon’s throat. I turned to glance upon his eyes, my questioning look would probably appear puzzling to him. ”I have yet to find my way to the Throat since the Caves.” My voice a little sharper, but still kind as I turned and gazed upon the ocean, once again embracing its enticing beauty. It called to me, maybe it was my unicorn side kicking in. ”I’m sure you’re right though, I’ll be sure to think of you when I find it.” I finished with a rather seductive grin.

My shivering coat, glinting against the moonlight made me look like a dual toned gem. I would have to return here during the summer months, to bathe in the oceans glory and to feel its power pulsing against my skin. Lobes fell back, the curvature of my neck arched delicately as damp silks rippled with the chilling sea breeze. Charming fellow, what was it you were speaking of a moment ago, Worlds Edge? A single hoof melted into the sands as I leaned closer once again.

”I thought the heat of the Desert would suit me, rather excited to venture there. But the Worlds Edge? Why ever did you leave your home?” I questioned, perhaps it was being too personal; I wouldn’t shun him should he decide not to answer me. Instead, I gave him a quivering grin and awaited his answer.

Words: 426
oOc: Sorry for the wait. <3
Normal Speech
Mother's Voice.
Response to mother.
Table coded by Abba

Hidden Account

It was strange having the mare so close, despite their being strangers. Maybe acquaintance was a better term. He knew her name, that she wasn't talented at choosing places to bathe, and that she was all right with being touched. To an extent. If you were to just walk by and see them embraced ever so uncomfortably, then it would be perplexing unless you knew the whole story. 'Just trying to keep her warm,' Note reminded himself as his dark lips slid down the mare's neck so he could press his own nape against her. So very, very cold.
A smug smile slipped onto his muzzle as the mare slipped through his wingtips, taken aback by his comment about the Throat's pond. In the dark, Note's faded coat blended well, leaving his bright green eyes to pierce the mare's features with an eerie coldness.
”I have yet to find my way to the Throat since the Caves.” Her voice was sharp, but the explanation was enough for Note. In a twisted way, he liked Morana. She reminded him of, well, himself.
”I’m sure you’re right though, I’ll be sure to think of you when I find it.”
Note's eyes widened in the dull light, lips mirroring her seductive grin. In one swift motion, he stepped forward and put his muzzle up to the mare's sorrel ear. "Why imagine me then when I'm here now?" The stallion asked in an alluring whisper, pulling away as soon as the words were out of his mouth. He let his eyes remain on Morana, lopsided, complacent grin aimed at the two-toned mare.
Note was strangely satisfied when she stepped closer. He slid a wing over her back once more, the single appendage just large enough to cover her. Hooray for unnecessarily large wings.
”I thought the heat of the Desert would suit me, rather excited to venture there. But the Worlds Edge? Why ever did you leave your home?”
Note's grin faltered, despite the innocence of the question paired with the sheepish smile Morana offered. He turned his head towards the ocean, eyes becoming uncharacteristically dull, features overall lifeless. He didn't want to leave the Throat, but had little choice.
"I loved the Throat, the God of the Sun. I was happy there. But I made a mistake. I had a mate, she was unable to love me for long, then her new fuckdoll kicked me out," Note began, rage leaking into his words. They were not loud, they were soft, but brimmed with a yearn for vengeance. Another outlandish aspect of the night.
His wing slid from the mare's back, his body turning to walk away. But then he turned around. Note took lengthy strides as he paced, fire licking off his wings. First the flames came slowly at his wingtips, but in barely any time at all, they engulfed the appendages.
'Note, please, calm down,' Sabel begged as she felt the mix of emotions within her bonded. She had never seen fire, Note's was fake, so it didn't bother her. It felt tingly to the touch, but didn't burn. Her claws dug into the stallion's thick skin, shaking as much of it as she could, drawing blood, even. Anything to snap him out of this state. She had been through it before, and it was anything but pleasurable. 'Please...'
But the stallion disregarded her pleas.
He paused, turning to Morana, body looking more orange than bay in the light of his flames.. "He gave me a chance, you know. He offered to fight me for her. Fight me for her. As if she was some kind of property!" Note's words escalated in volume, now filled with disgust as lightning began to crack in the sky, even though no clouds were in sight. "Everything about that challenge was despicable. I don't fight for women that way. They should choose their own path in love, yes?" Note asked expectantly, but didn't wait for any answer.
"I just - I wasn't about to fight for someone who didn't love me anymore. We would end up in a monotonous relationship full of false emotion," the bay shook his head, ruffling his flaming feathers.
Lightning pierced the ground by his hooves, almost striking himself. It was then that Note realized the only enemy in this scenario was himself. Not Gaucho, Sohalia, nor their vile, scandalous spawn. He was the only one still holding onto the events.
Note truly was more complex than he thought he was. He locked up his emotions deep inside until they spilled. This was their spilling. Poor, poor Morana had to witness it.
He barely flinched when the lightning struck, burning the sand and sending Sabel to launch herself into his dark mane for cover. He closed his eyes, regret about the last few moments washing over him. Drowning him, even. The fire died, the lightning stopped, and Note opened his eyes. The only way to describe him in that moment was pitiful, eyes wide and sorrowful as they looked back to Morana.
"I'm sorry," was all he said, the words barely a whisper as he looked down at his sparkling silver hooves that liked to catch the moonlight. He looked like the kid who had gotten caught stealing the last cookie from the cookie jar.

--

@[Morana]

pixel by tamme

Hidden Account
Candy

I couldn’t help but stand shivering in the moon light, I’m sure I looked like a cold wet mess to this stallion and I’d never admit how embarrassed I felt, then again I’m sure my mingling eyes that glittered with the satisfaction of strange company would tell that for me. We had only been standing near one another for moments, and time was ticking slowly. This smooth liquid motion of glancing over the others body that stood before me was nice to say the least. But our distance was broken with one rapid motion of the bay, his lips to my delicate lobes. His voice like wine, and my body trembled but not from the cold this time. His voice caused my body to tremble and melt into butter. It was sweet, in a morbid way and I wanting nothing more. He made a fair point, no need to imagine a stud when one is whispering sweet nothings into your ear.

Crystal pools shimmered with delight as his wings brushed across my spine, I should be so off put by this but something has me so shaken up I can’t even move away from his butter seeping lips. My question though, seemed to bring another emotion to his chiseled face, once charming eyes turned away and gazed dully into the ocean. Did I say something wrong? Be careful Morana, you don’t know the history of this being. To be fair mother, I don’t think he knows mine either. And it was true, I highly doubted this stallion would assume I had killed before. I was too young, to beautiful to have a dark side, right?

I loved the Throat, the God of the Sun. I was happy there. I had a mate, she was unable to love me for long then her new fuckdoll kicked me out. His words stung as his voice began to deepen and sharpen like a blade to the heart. For a moment I didn’t dwell on the fact of his love life- but this is the second time I’ve heard someone speak of these “Gods” and I just couldn’t bring myself to think they do walk these lands among us. Rather silly, and ignorant. There are Gods sure- but I don’t find any reason to praise and bow down to them.

I remained still as lobes of auburn twisted back against my silken wet strands that fell over my face and down my neck. His wing sliding away from me as I gazed at him, his motions angry and agitated as moved away from me. Muzzle lifted as a muffled sound escaped my lips softly in question, but I dare not speak as the events before me unfold so quickly I’m stricken with confusion. His wings quickly caught flame as from tip to joint as he paced before me. The magnificent glow flickering within my eyes as lobes lifted and fixed upon him. The sands at his feet, his legs and body all aglow with the fire light, his pausing motion causing me to snap out of my fixation with his burning wings and snap back to his enraged pools.

His words, spoke of his opportunity of battle for his love, I have heard of this before and found no surprise within it. All the while the stallion spoke, I couldn’t help but feel for the feline upon his back, her claws lodged into his skin in terror. His following question was one I could not answer as I have never loved, nor do I know what love really is. I did feel for this stallion though- through all the excitement dare I say I was starting to grow rather uneasy. Thunder and shocks of electricity shattered across the sky with the sound of his angry voice. Blinding bolts kissing the sands with deadly precision, my lips parted with the shivering mention of his name. I was drowned out by thunder as he continued before I could answer. His relationship had failed him, and his heart wounded by its false cause. I breathed deep, snorting the crisp air from my lungs and upon my iced lips. Tiara jerked toward the heavens as lightning struck before me and upon the sands at his feet. He held a dangerous magic, and it was raging out of control. My heart raced, as I stepped to the side the loud crack of thunder ringing within my ears, head lowering to the sands in mercy of its wrath.

And Just as quickly as it came, the inferno subsided and the flashes of lightning vanished. But my ears throbbed, as I cringed and gazed upon him with pity. Poor thing, I would have never known he loved someone else by the way he was brushing against me moments ago. I’m Sorry His voice I could hardly make out through the church bells going off within my lobes- I breathed a deep sigh, hooves digging into the earth to ease the pain within my ears.

”It’s a noble thing you did.” I breathed, softly shaking my head as my hearing returned to its normal state. Pink tongue lapped against my lips as I slowly advanced closer to him. I will never understand feelings of others, but I do know how they work at least. ”You shouldn’t have to fight for love.” I whispered, stepping closer to the bay stallion. Plush muzzle extending to his nape as I gently applied pressure, letting my warm breath brush against his skin. I did my best not to mention his freak out moment, the fire and the flames, or the freak lightning that appeared from oblivion. ”I’m sorry, I .. I didn’t mean to bring up such harsh memories..” Liquid words poured from my lips as they retracted away. For some reason, at this moment I wished I felt like melted butter again instead of an insulting wench.

”You could come back you know.” I offered a faint smile, tilting my head to gaze around to his handsome face. ”To the Throat- pay not heed to those who inflicted your past.. because it's your future.” I let my words fade to the night as I turned and gazed upon the sea, a shiver crawling down my spine as I turned and rested my eyes upon him once more. After the darkness, it was under new order was it not? Perhaps he could accompany me to this.. oasis.

Words: 1000
oOc: --
Normal Speech
Mother's Voice.
Response to mother.
Table coded by Abba