the Rift

[OPEN] lipstick stamps on my passport

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
ELSA
I can fake a smile, I can force a laugh. I can hold the weight of worlds.

Elsa had a knack at being incredibly weird, and ironic. Not necessarily because she tried, but just because she liked hanging around things that other horses would normally reject. She had found herself in an incredibly cold area. It was flat like tundra biome, and the snow here was extremely deep; deeper than a normal horse would expect. It was heavy but not completely packed down, and came nearly to her chest. Elsa would be lying if she said moving through this was comfortable, for the first time in her exploration of these areas, she was uncomfortable with the snow. It scratched awkwardly against her stomach, causing irritation to form along in awkward red splotches. She frowned; she didn’t want to look like an oddly bruised tomato.

Her legs reached high, and long as she swam through the snow. Her legs unfurling like agitated flags in a rough storm. Was there any reprise from such a place? Her blue eyes scanned the horizon, a blue structure of ice catching her eye. A smart horse would never approach such an unstable structure made of frozen water, but Elsa saw something else, she saw a reprise. Maybe there was a little frozen outlet for her to crawl into, and curl up in. For the first time in a long time, she could enjoy complete and utter silence. It seemed that at nearly every turn she had run into someone, so it was nice to be alone. Elsa trudged on, the snow trying to tear at her white skin.

As the structure loomed above her, Elsa paused to look up. Her eyes drank in the glory of such a powerful structure. It glittered dimly against the pink and purple, fading sky. The sunset refracted off the smooth surface, sending dazzling colors into all directions. Never before had she been able to take in a breathtaking sight, without anyone else around. She reveled in the silence, thanking the Gods, which she now knew existed, for providing such a beautiful night; especially when Elsa knew that no one in Helovia deserved it, not even herself. She moved towards the left side of the large structure, making out a simple little outcropping. Her body fit inside comfortably.

The space was large enough for one other horse to fit comfortably; anything else and they might as well be trying to make some babies. Elsa giggled at such a preposterous thought. Surely no one in his or her right mind would be out here at such a cold point in the day, and in the snowiest possible area. Who knew though, Helovia was a surprising place.

Elsa closed her eyes, drifting softly asleep to the soft hum of the wind outside. It whistled it’s ethereal pitches, a soft lullaby just for her. Elsa smiled, content with her current situation. Even if it was just for a few hours, this peace was needed. She hadn’t realized how displaced from nature she had become.

"Talketh."

[ooc;// open to anyone! preferably only one, but feel free to join if you have the muse!]

I can dance and play the part if that's what you ask.. give you all I am.
but i'm only human. and I bleed when I fall down.

• Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Déodat Posts: 174
Absent Abyss atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hands :: 12 HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Odette :: White German Shepherd :: None Minx
déodat,

The unicorns of the north were finally home. There was nothing that compared to the cold crisp air of winter. As soon as they had returned home he had immersed himself back into the duties of a soldier, patrolling, practicing, and simply protecting. Of course, there was a new P on that list, parenting. Odette, the peculiar little dog that hatched from an egg, Déodat found caring for her a bit more difficult than expected. Nonetheless he was managing. Her eyes were still sealed shut, and she could barely do more than shriek and eat. Everywhere he went the little white pup came, always nestled in between his shoulders underneath a thick blanket of his mane. He hoped it would keep the small thing warm, at least until she grew a thicker coat. Once the pup was grown she would have to learn to tough out the cold of the Basin, otherwise she would have a very cold death. Even the thought of Odette’s death left him feeling slightly unsettled. Nuisance or not, she was a part of his very soul and really he had grown quite fond of the mutt over the days they had been together.
Déodat moved with a careful step as he patrolled the grounds of the Basin. Just on the slight chance a wraith lurked nearby, he moved outside of the border and continued onward. With each step he inhaled deeply, checking for the scents of death or decay. Anxiety hung in his chest and he heard Odette start to whimper and whine. Really he would have to remember how affected by his thoughts the white dog was.
He turned his neck and looked at the tiny thing and touched her lightly with the edge of his nose. “Hush now,” he cooed. As soon as those words passed from his lips he looked left and right to ensure no one lurked nearby. Really he could only imagine the sort of reaction he would get out of the other soldiers. The last thing he needed was to be a joke, especially so short after his promotion. There was even more pressure upon his shoulders to uphold the honor of the Basin and the foot soldiers beneath him.

Once his companion had been settled, he continued on his way. The Blood Prince shortly found himself near the Frozen Arch. Immediately his mind floated back to the night spent with Confutatis. His lip curled back in disgust at the thought of the whore queen and the fight that had occurred back in the caves. No one needed to know about that night or that fight, all those were, were memories meant to be buried away.
Déodat approached the snow, partially expecting the harlot to be there. Much to his surprise though, there was the scent of another, and this one was foreign. Part of him was tempted to put Odette aside on the slight chance that an aggressive individual lurked, but he decided against it on the chance she would die of the cold.

Once he could see the stranger, the Blood Prince rolled his eyes at the sight of the rat, and he wondered if the creature was brave or just stupid to be close to the Basin. “Didn’t anyone ever tell you of the unicorns of the north?” He said as he stepped into the cave, his voice mocking and condescending. "They are racists." The way he said racist made it seem as though a bitter taste hung on his tongue. The rats of this earth coined all kinds of terms for it, but of course they could never accept their inferiority.

"Speech speech speech"
[ @[Elsa] ]

image credits
[Image: QV8O7HU.gif]
Cut from the cloth, of a flag that
Bears the name of "Battle Born"
con by aihnna@dA

ELSA

After a few moments, she was indeed asleep. Her mind had began to wander and dream. Most of them about petty things, such as getting lost in the woods, or of her homeland, but as quickly as they had come they passed. Her stomach rose and fell gently with each quiet, innocent breath. She was the picture of pure innocence in her position. Her head was tucked gently against her side, and her wings were pressed against her stomach for warmth. Her eyes fluttered, deep in dreams, the only signal that she was still alive.

She would've never even seen or heard the stallion approaching, for her dreams were too engulfing. However, he wasn't about to let her sleep. His voice crackled into her dreams, and her eyes fluttered open. From the ground, her blue eyes looked up to hear him speaking. He smelled a little bit of the place she had gotten her armor from, but she wasn't about to bring that up. She grunted, and shifted, before hoisting herself to her feet. The painted stallion was a tad taller, and not physically intimidating. However, the voice and the way he presented himself, held what sounded like a passive aggressive tone. Whether he was one of the racists he spoke of or not, she did not care. What was the worst he could do? He could kill her, but she would die with the memory of blissful sleep and beautiful sunsets. By now, darkness had taken over and skies rose high above in the sky, the stars like lanterns guiding in the night.

Elsa nodded in recognition of his words, not because she knew about the unicorns, but because she understood what he was saying. She extended her wings a little, stretching them out before they settled calmly against her sides once again. "I did not know unicorns resided north, but here is a neutral herdland, unclaimed the last time I checked." She stated simply, gazing one quick moment to the creature, it looked like a dog, that was curled near his shoulders. By now she was for sure, those things were bondeds. They were creatures that had a mental, and loving (well in not all cases loving), connection to their host. She secretly longed for one, but would worry about obtaining one later. "Racist or not, I do not care. If they wish to not associate, or wish to beat me, so be it. The worst that can come from a situation is death, and death is inevitable anyways." She shrugged, maybe she should be more fearful of the stallion before her, but she just wasn't. It actually gave her a sickening feeling to not feel fear. "Elsa." She finished, looking to him to gauge his reaction. Maybe he wouldn't even give his name, she honestly did not care. Nothing could really kill her mood at this point, she was too damn calm.

"Talketh."

[@Déodat]

déodat,

Déodat listened to the mare’s ignorance and he was slowly finding this winged thing to be stupider and stupider. Really he should learn to expect such an intelligence level from the skyrats, after all, they literally had bird brains in their genetics. “You’re right, it is a neutral herdland, but that doesn’t mean they’ll simply let you draw so close to their home.” Peculiar the way he spoke of his own home and family. Every word that passed from his mouth was a mockery of those that lay in the southern portions of the land, the ones that label them ‘racists’. A petty term formed by radical hippies. As she continued on he rolled his eyes at her ‘brave’ statements. There was a large difference between boldness and stupidity, this mare was crossing into stupidity.

“You’re a fool then.” Déodat said harshly. “If an individual lusts for your death than you shouldn’t go out of your way to approach them. Death may be inevitable, but life is a precious thing that goes just as swiftly as it comes.” His teeth were gritted and that familiar temper of his churned in his stomach, his indigo eyes glowing a certain level of hatred for this girl just as it did for the rest of her kind. This particular rat he wouldn’t exert the energy of killing, not if it wasn’t in a fair fight and she wasn’t wronging him.

Then the mare was so bold as to her offer her name. Elsa, a lovely name really, not suited for such a beast like herself. For a moment he contemplated whether he should offer up his own name, after tossing it around in his mind he decided there would be no harm in it. “Déodat,” he said, “This is Odette.” He gestured with his head to the small pup upon his shoulder blades. As if she knew that she was being introduced the babe gave out a soft cry.

“Where do you hail from? Obviously you’re not from up here, otherwise you wouldn’t last very long.” Déodat said matter-of-factly. Maybe a bit of a harsh comment, but tact had never been his specialty.

"Speech speech speech"
@[Elsa]

image credits
con by aihnna@dA

ELSA

By the way he was talking, she found it hard to distinguish what he was trying to get across. Was he trying to force her away through a fight? Or was he warning her from a more imminent danger looking? Maybe he was just trying to be friendly. Either way, she wasn't about to give up her little piece of solitude among the ice that easy. He talked of a unicorn home, but they way the words were crafted made her think he only lived nearby, not with them. It as such a peculiar circumstance, really. Why would one live nearby to a herd that would so readily accept his kind?

Then as quickly as his warning had gone, he began to chastise her for her thinking. Yet, all she could do was listen in brooding silence. But he was right, life was fleeting, but was it wrong to not fear death? Death should not be feared, for you cannot live your life without the possibility of death. If one was to live that way, one could never truly reach their full potential. She gritted her teeth a moment, holding back the words.

Though finally, and to her relief, he at least offered his name. Déodat, and the little companion, Odette. She liked the companions name, it was strong name, with a tinge of superiority in its undertone. Its small, innocent cry relieved her heart a little, and a small smile crossed her face. The pup was obviously a young one, recently born. "Congratulations, Déodat. She's beautiful." She remarked, a tinge of jealousy coloring her voice.

Then he asked of more background type of information, about her home, and where she hailed from. Elsa laughed aloud for a moment then, thinking of how ridiculous she would sound introducing herself as a mare from the Asylum. It was bound to give ammunition to him, but she would not lie. It was stupid to lie really, life was to short to do so. "I help with the Asylum, but currently reside in the Falls as a Mason." She said, flicking her tail a little aimlessly. She was hoping at that moment that he was not some sort of spy sent to track down all the falls members, but she felt he would be more forward with everything if he was. "Where do you and Odette reside? I'm assuming with this unicorn clan you are talking about?" She questioned, looking around as if hoping she might see another unicorn.

"Talketh."

[@Déodat] so I couldn't remember timeline wise where everything was so I just introduced her as her current member/title.. :3

Code:
déodat,

The girl offered no response to his scoldings, a sign of petty weakness in his angry eyes. The Blood Prince at least expected a petty argument, the lesser folk tended to challenge his harsh words. At least the girl seemed to have a thick skin, that was enough for him. As much as he loathed and distrusted her, her company wasn't too poor, well, for a skyrat at least.

It didn't take long for the conversation to shift towards Odette, the skyrat offered her congrats. Dèodat didn't need her petty words, but he gave her a slight nod of his head. One day his hound would be tearing out throats of creatures like her. Odette would be the hornless slayer, killer of skyrats, the Blood Prince's warhound. They would be like that out of an old legend. It was an ambitious desire, but Dèodat thought himself worthy of such a thing, or at least the white bitch upon his shoulder did.

After he asked of her home the mare laughed. A frown developed in his face. Last he checked, nothing about that had been a joke. No, really he'd been quite serious. With a sigh he shook his head at her before she mentioned her herd. A brow lifted at the name of her herd. "You serve amongst a prison for madmen?" What sort of ridiculous oaf created a place called Asylum. Her rank though he committed to memory, a crafter most definitely had uses.

"You're not stupid at least," Dèodat said in response to her question. "I indeed live in the Basin, I serve as a soldier there." There was no need for the girl of his true rank. It had been foolish of her to expose her rank in the first place. It was an incredibly stupid mistake that Dèodat wouldn't follow. Her kind did nothing but lie, cheat, steal, and slaughter. At the end of the day the skyrats were the monsters, not he and his crowned brethren. They were the victims of a world blinded by the lies of equality.
"Speech speech speech"

image credits

@[Elsa]
con by aihnna@dA

ELSA

Elsa was oblivious to his hatred of her. Oblivious to his inner scoldings about her stupidity. All Elsa could gauge was that he was very closed off to her, only offering simple, quick responses to her questions. It was a one-sided conversation really, and Elsa was quickly tiring of the one-sidedness. Finally though, he asked his own question. Maybe it was rhetorical, or condescending, but Elsa was going to answer it. Even if it came back to bite her in the ass. "They need help, and who am I to deny them?" She countered, adding quickly on the end, "And in essence, aren't we all mad?" She smiled crookedly. Technically speaking, racism could be considered some sort of mental block, a form of narcissism, right?

He finally admitted she wasn't stupid. Elsa rolled her eyes, and offered a dry chuckle. "Well, at least you aren't as pig-headed as I thought." She offered as a counter compliment, maybe it was more of an insult, but either way, it was an attempt. Elsa knew she probably could never form any sort of purely acquaintance relationship with him, so she might as well make herself memorable right? "You don't act like just a solider. You act with an air of rank. I acted the same way when I was queen." She laughed again, still dry and low. It was purely an observation. He wasn't acting like an idiot, which, generally, most lower-ranks acted like. He had a decent head on his shoulders. She looked up at him, expecting some snarky comment, or a quick absence, whichever it was, she was fine. Elsa had nothing better to do than sulk around in the snow.

"Talketh."

[@Déodat] MY TAGGING FAILS. -flails-

déodat,

Déodat wasn’t sure how to respond to the mare’s answer. Help madmen? The drooling idiots that skulked in the darkness waiting for their prey? Of course, said madmen prowled about in his own home, but their darkness was channeled properly towards the scum of the earth. Her final statement of the topic made his brow quirk upwards. “No, in essence we are not all mad,” Déodat said, tempted to roll his eyes. “I’m sane as they come. The head upon my shoulders is clear as crystal. I know nothing of your mad brothers and sisters, so I don’t know of the clarity of their minds.” He pitied the valuable crowned wasted upon their kind. Bloodthirsty brutes could be placed in the military and polished to be the attack dogs of the Basin.

Elsa’s next statement brought laughter to his lips. He had heard more times than not how pig headed he was. Countless times his from his own father of his will of steel and many a time he hadn’t been wavered from his desires. “I can’t say anyone has ever told me I lacked pig headedness. It’s one of many traits my own sire both despised and admired.” The General was a topic he didn’t wish to push further, and luckily the mare’s new comment brought his attention elsewhere. “Is that so?” He said unsure of how to respond, though he knew full well where his air came about it. Not from the fact he did hold a title, but his own heritage.

The Blood Prince shrugged and gaze over his shoulder at the cold outside. His mind wandering back to the days of his clan. “I come from a noble line of soldiers, so I suppose that’s where the air comes from. I also held title of captain.” He wasn’t sure why he was revealing so much to this over glorified turkey. He flicked his tail and decided it was time to pry into her life rather than let her dig deeper into his. “You were a queen huh? Why leave a throne for an Asylum? There are very few that would give up their power for a rank like Mason.”

He himself was destined to inherit the title of general and lead his clan. The only thing that had driven him from home was the annihilation of his family. But Déodat was slowly rising up in the ranks and titles within the world of Helovia. In due time he intended to be a name as feared and respected as his father’s had been. Déodat, The Blood Prince, Timelord, Lion of the North. Perhaps one day he would form a line of his own that would outshine any offspring his father sired.

"Speech speech speech"
@[Elsa]

image credits
con by aihnna@dA

ELSA

He tried to prove he wasn't mad, but how could he stand here, talking with a pegasus whom he not more than a few moments ago mentioned were not supposed to be here? Was it not mad for him to be holding a conversation with her? "If you wish to fight it, then I cannot stop you. However, I would like to inform you, that wouldn't the Basin think you mad for not killing me for talking to you, and not addressing you in a submissive way?" She questioned, it was meant to be rhetorical, but he could easily respond. Maybe he would kill her, maybe he wouldn't, it depended on the day and probably how he was feeling. Although, she would admit she'd rather not ruffle her feathers at the moment.

At the conversation, Elsa felt oddly calm, almost at home. She smirked a little at his laughter and his comment. She would laugh if she didn't feel like a gangster leaning against a brick wall with shades. Elsa felt that there was something beautiful and dangerous about conversing with this man. He then seemed to become hooked by her comment, maybe because he never expected her to have been a ruler. Sure she wasn't the best, but she ruled long enough to call herself a champ, in the odd sort of my-kingdom-went-batshit-crazy kinda way. He had been a the blood son of a long line of soldiers, that made sense, he was very protective. Check, at least she kinda of was able to read horses. But that was all, his history was brief. She knew not to pry into brief histories. Elsa herself generally kept hers down to the facts, and nothing more.

He then began to ask his own questions. Asking why she left her title, Elsa only offered an angry smirk and lowered her head a little before she lifted it again to look at him. "I make people go crazy." She said with a shrug. "They don't like this." She motioned to herself, and finally, from the ground, pulled one, small, thin spindle and only gave him a cold, far off look. "They never like that. I couldn't stay, but it pained me to go. I wanted to help them but I can't. I help, that's the only thing I know." She finished ashamed turning her head away. "Mason is the only thing that has ever put it to good use." She said, sighing in odd relief. She had basically just told a man with the means to kill her about her one, secret trump card. She looked to the sky, and noticed that a decent amount of time had passed, and looked back to the stallion. "Although you may not like this, I will say it. It was a pleasure to meet you Déodat, and maybe, should you want to on a time preferably when you're not up for killing me, I would love to talk to you again." She admitted shamelessly. "Should you ever need help from a pegasus you know where to find me." She winked and turned to head for home, smiling, and hoping all would end well between them.

"Talketh."
[ooc:// thought this might be a good place to end but ;_; I love deo.]