the Rift

[OPEN] Moving Forward

Hamaliel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Hamaliel
i'm finally broken, falling too far
burned up in pieces from chasing your stars
Whatever evil that had lurked appears to have been lifted. I left the caves several days ago. The memory of seeing that god is still well embedded into my mind. At least the gods of these lands don’t abandon their followers so easily. Even my father isn’t so compassionate as they. If shadows had entered the land, especially if the mortal caused it, he would’ve simply let it devour them. Or sent me and my brothers off to vanquish whoever shattered the normal order of things.

Over the past few weeks thoughts of the past have been fading. My heart has slowly begun to mend and I can feel myself rising out of my despair. For a moment I find myself thinking of those that had welcomed me to Helovia. Since I have been calling this place my residence, I haven’t seen them. Part of me feels concern, especially for the mare Megaera, but I know she’s a strong one, she probably survived. Then I begin to think of the Dragon’s Throat. Wasn’t that place supposed to become my home? Desert live doesn’t appeal to in particular. Living among the pegasi may drive me into sheer insanity, it would make me look upon what I have lost. But I’m something that is created to have a purpose, and wandering aimlessly will never be a suitable life for me. Maybe someday I can seek out a home, but for now I’ll be content with the life before me, it’s a new start.

My eyes take in the details of a strange structure before me. It is tall and round, really quite beautiful. I slowly walk towards it and inspect it closer. Who knows how long I spend just studying the architecture, I want to get as close of a look at the craftsmanship as possible. There is beauty in the things mortals create, none can even compare to the creations of gods, but they are nonetheless still admirable.

A sigh passes from my lips as I lean up against one of the pillars. Slowly I close my eyes and just let myself get lost in my thoughts. Of course Samael bounces about in the back of my head, but I swiftly push those memories aside. My heart is finally healing, I don’t need to dive into the heart wrenching bliss that comes with thoughts of my long lost lover. Dwelling on the past has done me no good before, it’s time to look towards the future.

[For @[Kahlua] to get Lee to the Edge]
"blah blah blah"
image credit

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
Life had been simple when she was Glazier, content with her position and happy to travel back to the Threshold on a regular basis. She had built when they had asked her to build, she had been a diplomatic when they had asked her to be a diplomat and she had been happy whether they had asked her to be happy or not. Then the darkness. Kahlua still lamented every moment of having been evil, even if it wasn't anything she could have avoided. After all, she hadn't asked Ranjiri to attack her. She hadn't asked the sickness to take her. She had only done what she knew how to do- scream when she had been bitten.

The memories still haunted her every night, and each morning she awoke with a start, but having gotten past that this morning, the girl had decided to explore. Where she wanted to explore was unknown to her, but she always seemed to head towards the beach when she was in that sort of mood. Having bid Kaj good day with a smile and a nod, a happy nudge, she had set off to take a break from the rigors of being the queen- not that there were many.

Kahlua saw everything through rose colored glasses and even the stresses of guiding her herd home and accounting for them all could not drag her down. She was happy to lead them and ecstatic to be able to finally put her plan in motion. If it killed the childish paint, she would see the whole world happy and living peaceful lives.

As she came upon the glorious structure- one she had never seen before but was quite certain she would have known about- Kahlua couldn't help but gasp aloud. “It's beautiful,” she murmured to nobody in particular before noticing the stallion leaning against one of the pillars. Nevermind that he looked like he was trying to concentrate, Kahlua hardly noticed anything of that magnitude, the paint bounced over to him and promptly did what she was good at- making friends. “Is this yours, my friend? It's amazing,” she said, somehow managing to bow her head to him while still chattering away. “I'm Kahlua, Queen of the Edge. And you?”

@[Hamaliel]- do you want to be tagged? Also, was this supposed to be at the beach or the 'ancient rotunda' board? I figured the second, but I wasn't sure, so I just went with that! If I'm wrong let me know and I'll edit.

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Unregistered
Hamaliel
There is another and my peace is broken. Slowly I open my eyes and turn my head at the sound of someone gasping. Before me is a painted mare, and she is admiring the structure above me. I turn my head away, assuming she means to simply adore the painted class and stone pillars. I am wrong though. The girl comes over to me and begins chattering away, and I’m a bit shocked by her friendliness. My last encounters with others had involved two mares throwing harsh accusations and cold statements, this mare is sheer warmth and sunshine.

“No, this isn’t mine,” I say, still feeling unsure of this individual as she continues to chatter on. Next comes her name and her title. A queen huh? I never would’ve guessed such a vibrant and bubbly creature wears a crown. Joy though can be a great motivator amongst people, and it wouldn’t surprise me if this little piece of sunshine can use her own enthusiasm to draw others in. “I’m Lee, of well… Of nowhere in particular.” A sigh passes from my lips at the thought of my homelessness. Yes, there are many places to explore within Helovia, and things to see, but I am still a creature that needs to belong somewhere.

I pull myself from my self-pity before I can drown in it. The time for grief is over. “Why does a queen leave her kingdom? Every experience I’ve had with royalty they were bound to their castles and land, only to leave if there is war or diplomatic purposes.”
"blah blah blah"
image credit

As the stallion denied ownership of the structure, Kahlua's mind should have been sent whirling- where did it come from? How did it get here? Why hadn't she seen it before even though she had wandered nearly every inch of Helovia? But she did not think such things, did not even have an inkling to think such things. The girl simply admired the handiwork, accepting its presence like she accepted that she needed to breath air to live. Besides, it was an amazing work of crafting ability and she certainly had a soft spot in her heart for those that made instead of destroyed.

“Lee,” she repeated aloud after he spoke his name, repeating it several more times in her head. “That sounds lonely,” she added on during his brief period of thought, in references to his being from nowhere. Of course, Kahlua's idea of lonely was far different from most. After all, hadn't she called Mauja lonely? And what had come of that. Her ear flicked slightly as she thought of the spotted king, the misunderstood beast she had been trying to save. And what had happened? She hadn't seen him, couldn't find him... How could she help him if he wouldn't come to her? She sighed as well, shaking her head softly, but her smile returning quickly enough as Lee began to speak again.

Why did she leave? Did she really need a reason? She giggled softly, coquettish without really meaning it. “I leave to travel and make friends,” she began, thinking over the question. “My diplomatic missions are easy- just spread the word of peace. I know what sorts of royalty you speak of though.” Her mind drifted back to the days of her youth, when her childish acts had been appropriate, thinking of the cathedral that had stood on the ground where her parents had ruled. She refused to be like them. “What sort of queen would I be if I stayed in my home and demanded others do as I say?” The question was not pointed or cruel, a simple smile still on her lips. It was something she truly believed- a bit of philosophy that the girl had picked up who knows where.

@[Hamaliel]

Unregistered
Hamaliel
I’m still not sure how to react to this strange mare, she most definitely isn’t malicious, a bit lost with her head in the clouds, but she is definitely harmless enough. In comparison to the previous company I kept in the caves, this mare is a lovely change. There is no condescension only a childlike joy that I’m almost envious of, for such joy can only come from innocence. She repeats my name to me and I nod my head, to assure her of her correctness. Then she proceeds to comment on my lifestyle, and I can’t help but agree with her. I wasn’t made to be alone, I was made to be with purpose and thrive amongst my celestial brothers and sisters. Yet here I am, alone and broken with nothing to look forward to than a simple day filled with solitary wandering.

“It is,” I say finally, my expression softened from it’s usual blank mask. “Since I’ve come to Helovia I’ve never been more alone in my entire life… But that’s a story far too long to tell and I wouldn’t wish to damper your mood with.” And one I didn’t wish to tell, no one needed to know the extensive tale of my life. Since my fall I’ve found many of my memories blurring and fading, so I’m not sure that I can even tell the tale anymore. Mortal minds have a limited capacity so I’m content with not remembering each detail any longer.

Kahlua answers my questions, and her answers simply leave me feeling all the more intrigued about her as a person. Her question is a simple one to answer in my mind, but I hold back my cynical answer and simply give her a shrug. “Your people must find you to be a good queen then. Few have such a good heart such as yours. Guard it well and never let it fall into darkness. If only the king I had served was kind like you, there wouldn’t be nearly as much blood upon my head if that were the case.”

I contemplate imposing myself upon this queen, but find the words stuck on my tongue. After several seconds I finally force them out. “Is there room for a weary soul like myself within your herd? I’m created for purpose and nomadic life gives me none.”

"blah blah blah"
image credit

For a moment the girl's blue eyes went wandering back to the structure, enjoying the way the vines played over its surface, fell and hung in gentle cascades. She noted the way metal and glass and earth blended into one to become something greater than any of the parts by themselves. The queen never imagined it was from a time when there had been peace and cooperation. Still, she felt drawn to it and could no longer contain herself. As the stallion began to speak she began to walk. Not too far, just into the Rotunda, hooves stepping on the stone floor as she wandered with its majesty instead of without. She was awed. Still, she was listening. “You'll have to tell me sometime, if you feel like it,” she responded.

Still, the awed queen found her attention drawn back to the stallion at his compliment. Her smile maintained, Kahlua took his advice and added it to her collection of ramblings that others had offered to her. But guard her heart? What did it really mean? Wasn't her very heart what she gave away on a daily basis? To friends, to strangers? Her heart was an open, forgiving book. But perhaps he was right, perhaps one day it would be broken and she would never come up from the blackness. For now, she gave it no thought. She preferred to live the way she lived now. Happy. Free.

“There's always room for one more,” she said with a decided nod of her head. “Do you want to walk with me?” Motioning her head in the direction of home, she awaited his response. It would be a shame to leave this beautiful place, but she was sure she would return to it soon.

@[Hamaliel]