the Rift

[OPEN] Fireside

Adele Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Boredom was not something Adele was heavily experienced with. She didn't desire to ponder upon her family anymore, she had Tyradon. The rest of her family, she guessed, hadn't made it out of Isilme. Adele tried her best to remember Isilme's downfall, but the only thing she saw was a dark, dark land. No corpses or anything of the like, just darkness. It sent chills up her spine, she really did not want to remember that again, even though she knew there had to be more to the memory.
Even Biru was difficult to ponder upon. The colt had to be long dead by now, unless a kind soul took him in. Adele had met very few of those in these lands, so he was most likely dead. But the mare was incapable of being a mother at the point of his birth. He was horned anyways, plus no one Adele was close to had known about him. It didn't stop her from loving him, but it stopped her from looking for him.
So Adele continued to wander Helovia, finding herself back in the cursed caves. Perhaps there were caverns she had yet to explore. How right she was.
The fire-lit mare took one step into the Crystal Cavern and gasped. The structures before her were amazing, large, causing the ground to look like glass. It was beautiful.
With such beauty from natural structures, the desire to know more about them overtook Adele immediately. Her diamond-like hooves moved towards the nearest, towering structure. Her blue, flecked with orange eyes gazed at the crystal, illuminated by ever changing, pulsing light.
Vera touched the surface, shying away from the cool stone. 'It's really pretty,' the dragon commented, an odd thing for her to say considering her usual words were borderline spiteful, sassy.
But Adele could definitely get used to a nicer side of her companion.

--

@[Beowulf]

blah blah blah

Beowulf Posts: 48
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18Hh :: 8 winters HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Mykah :: Canadian Lynx :: None Eaglecry
BEOWULF
"Lonely? I don't know. They tell me this is cold. I don't know what cold is, because I don't freeze"
</style>

The beast had been in these caves for far to long, his temper; if he even had such a thing, was high, easily annoyed from being cooped up in such small confines. Not being able to see the sun, moon and snow he so desperately craved the cool feeling against his furry pelt. Upon a good side of this place, He had met many, some even being of those he'd only ever dreamed of before coming to Helovia.
The Hairy man found himself back in the crystal caverns, a place he always seemed to head towards. Maybe it was because of the higher ceilings and wider walk ways. It helped him to relax, even more so when the walls created an infinite reflection.
He ran the tips of the trio across the wall, the vibrations sent a wave through him, soon finding himself pressed up against the cool walls, just trying to remember the times he would just roll in the snow. Or when he'd wake to having had a snow storm come over during the night, covering the herd with a thick layer of snow. This was starting to get under his skin. The caves had a sickening smell, the air was thick and poisonous. It was time he left, whether or not others agreed it was safe.
Just as he was making his turn out from the caves, having left scratches upon the softer rocks;from other visits, he knew his way around this place now, just following the trail he'd left. But something different was a midst here. There was not the same glow there had been before. But something that was orange, blue and yellow. The smell was like nothing he'd come across before. The Beasts ears pricked with curiosity, hairs almost stood upon end as a sensation ran through him. Fear? Nerves? or Joy.
The large man walked forwards, silent, even in all his bulk. Cloven dishes barely seemed to touch the ground, feathers acting like a cushion, or a brush to cover his tracks. He froze in place, was he just imagining things or was there... Was there a horse, On fire? Why were they not doing anything to diminish the flames. Why were they acting so calm about it?
"Erm, excuse me. But I do believe you're on fire" He spoke so calmly, but his large cardiovascular muscle was over reacting.

@[Adele]
"Speech"

Sheba Posts: 114
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 hh :: 13 :: Frostfall HP: 61 | Buff: NOVICE
Minou :: Ocelot :: Sing Shady
You had been loitering about the caves again, when you saw a familiar figure disappear into the mouth of the entry. Adele. Ears pricked, you set off behind her, intending to greet the girl. However, you underestimated just how far back these caves went. A few wrong turns, and you pass through a glowing room—interesting, but to your disappointment, the mushrooms stopped glowing once plucked—and a waterfall room, both empty, before finding the girl again.

Adele, though, has become an afterthought, for she stands in the most beautiful of rooms. Your eyes light up greedily at the sight of the crystal. So many beautiful glittering colors surround you, and you want them all. A trinket cut from this rock would be flawless indeed. A low rumble interrupts your thoughts, however, and you look up, startled. A stranger has entered the cavern…and surprise, surprise, he’s telling Adele that she’s on fire. “She does that,” you reply, making your way over to Adele. “I hope you don’t mind my interrupting,” you whisper to her. “I saw you come in to the caves and wanted to say hello.”

Your chocolate eyes turn to the stranger. He is big—sizably big, with a shaggy lion’s mane, and three sharp horns. Handsome, you suppose, even if he is a bit hairy. “And who might you be, sir?” you inquire, tilting your dainty head at him. You want to make nice, especially since an idea has just occurred to you: this brute must be strong enough to dislodge some of the crystal, and he can help you. “To what do we owe the pleasure of your company?”

OOC: hope you don’t mind me dropping in!
@[Adele]
@[Beowulf]

Please tag Sheba in all posts!

Adele Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Adele considered touching the stone as well, seeing as how Vera had reacted to it. She was incredibly curious about it. Vera hadn't been harmed, why would she? Then again, she did not have hard, thick scales as Vera did. Perhaps if she touched it with her hooves first...
The mare's thoughts were cut short as an unfamiliar voice rang throughout the crystal ridden cave. She froze, turning her head to the side to peer at the stranger as he continued to speak. She was awestruck by how big he was. She knew large stallions, like Tyradon, but none could compare to this behemoth. "Erm, excuse me. But I do believe you're on fire," he stated, obviously a bit concerned. She stifled a laugh, turning around to face the very intimidating stallion. Horned stallion.
'The unicorn and pegasus filth.'
Sheba had been nice. Midas was nice. Alysanne was nice. None were filthy, all were respectful, and deserved respect. This stallion, as large and scary as he seemed at the moment, needed to be treated with respect as well. Her hesitation was obvious, but due to it, didn't get a chance to speak, for a familiar face had arrived.
“She does that,” The newcomer spoke, her arrival certainly being grand.
"Sheba!" Adele stepped towards the mare, reaching her muzzle out to give the unicorn a light, affectionate touch upon her cheek. She was coming to favor the mare, despite the horn clear upon her head. Filth. Filth. Filth.
Sheba was not filth. But it certainly would take much longer for Adele to be able to call the mare her friend after Tyradon. She was free to be her own person, but the stallion had a heavy influence upon her. He was her brother. Her only family besides Biru. She wanted nothing more than to make him proud. How could she do such a thing when she had a friend he so clearly hated?
"I hope you don’t mind my interrupting, saw you come in to the caves and wanted to say hello.” Sheba whispered, Adele let out her suppressed giggle at that point. "I couldn't be more relieved that you did," Adele whispered back, casting a nervous glance at the incredibly hairy stallion before them.
“And who might you be, sir? To what do we owe the pleasure of your company?”
Oh, Sheba. Forever polite.
Adele kept her mouth shut, her sheepish gaze fixated upon the stallion. Vera crawled up her bonded's hind leg, continuing to scale the mare until she stood at her poll. The little white dragon sat upon her hind legs to get the best possible view of the stallion, chirping happily at the stranger. Adele flicked her ears back as if embarrassed by the dragon, casting her gaze downwards.
What would she ever do with her mess of a companion?

--

@[Beowulf]

blah blah blah