Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 7 Buff: NOVICE
Rhawon :: Siberian Tiger :: None aeolle
CIRCUTA

on we march
with a midnight song,
until we meet the dawn
with our lanterns on
Fatigued, enervated, drained— worn to the marrow and afflicted with worrisome thoughts, ideals, troublesome meanderings and querisome lyrics for she alone to hold and gain knowledge of. She is but a wayward, fretful child, upon the far reaching brine, both existing and not existing, born from trepidation and anarchy, a rose draped in prickling thorns and cast into the abyss— indeed, as all children who have strayed from the comforting wing of their sire and dam's embrace, she too, returns to their warmth, promises of sanctuary and healing, of adoration and longing to be sheltered as the mind of a young childe is, away from the harsh cruelties and benign lies of the realm to which they are borne. The woman had forgotten the intriguing and (most peculiar) embarkment given to her by the Lord of the Sun, his brilliance as sharp as his double-edged tongue, and in the midst of quarreling kin and the all seeing eyes of stygian umber, of the dead walking and the living succumbing into rotten flesh and canine headed beasts, it had slipped from her mind as fish in a stream (the rosy scar that scales down her starboard side is a nightmarish remembrance of a frost hearted King and a wolf faced monster that had chased them, slavering maw and glinting fangs into the salvation below).

It had only occurred to the Nightingale to seek the righteous and fiery Lord once more when she had found a gleaming fawn and flame kissed amulet resting upon the dilapidated corpse of a childe in the Labyrinth below what seemed to be sturdy earth and gently taken it from around its foul smelling neck, only when she had buried what remained of its malnourished frame (the stench remains in her minds eye, sickeningly sweet and bitter, pungent to the tongue, enough to cause her to want to vomit what little she had found to eat upon the mossy ground) that she may have found the very item most essential to her, the item the aureate God had demanded she find— but it had only been after salvation had drenched the gloom from the above world and the cerulean of the Veins had appeared once more to her, only after her people were lead to a new eden she had left their side to find the shrine of He whom had instructed her to only speak in his presence when a adornment of his make and kind hung (metaphorically) around her neck.
The Nightingale may have been mad and deranged, indeed, but she was no fool, and she was no disloyal swine to rot upon the earth's crust.

This is where she is found, then, delicate pillars traversing unto a ledge overlooking sapphire capillaries of Loorien itself, a melancholy sense of forlorn draping her as a cloud to hang above her gently swaying frame, the softest of coughs as she clears her throat— and then a pleasant, soothing song to rise as smoke into the early morn air, hushed, as she searches for the shrine in which she must partake prayer with. Silvery as the stars and lathered with honey, mimicry of birdsong, a poem in which she has drawn forth from her memory, a poem in which her mother had once sang.
"Great sire of life, and source of light, thou hast o'er all control; dispeller of the mystic night, of worlds the central soul.." The second shrine in which she finds is obsidian— ash and soot, embers of perhaps a flame, and she swallows down a trembling finger of fear (what if he does not accept her offering? what if he does not come?), but she does not cease in her song as she dances forth, harks raised and twitching to catch the most minuscule of noises.
"The sinless stars, so bright and fair, are offspring born of thee; daughters of heaven, with golden hair, that smile o'er land and sea. A life that never dies— a life that sleeps but to awake in life beyond the skies. And they who worship in thy name, and share thy gifts of fire, still in thy smiling face of flame behold creation's Sire—" as the Nightingale arrives at the stone, pausing before it, she carefully lowers her dome and allows the aureate amulet to slip from her slender neck, to rest in its front, a offering, a gift, if he shall accept a end to her endeavors. "The lofty One, whose outline dim pervades, unseen, the vast; the realm that's sanctified by Him, the mighty First and Last. The pinnacles that gleam on high in that unchanging clime where ne'er is heard an earthly sigh, nor lisp that breathes of time."

Please hear me, my Lord, for I have done what you have asked of me.
A hush settles upon the ledge, the heavy fragrance of morning and smoke entering her lungs and settling as led, a quavering breath released upon the silent hills. She bows her dome—
and she waits.
:: (Turning in the quest Circuta received from the Sun God in this thread. I received the Sun Amulet from the post count awards, and don't have a thread receiving it ICly, although I gave a IC reason as to how she came across the amulet in this thread. I was once told to tag Random Event, so! @[Random Event])

Cause she's a Cruel Mistress
And a bargain must be made

God of the Sun Posts: 198
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SUN

Burn the whole world down

The gentle rise and fall of the femme's voice carried over the desolate plains of the Veins. Her faith was strong, her hope stronger, and as she came to a halt before the shrine that had once belonged to the God of the Sun, one could almost see her desperate desire. There was something achingly beautiful about her poem. About to appear in a large, sudden, flaming ball, the God of the Sun took pause, mulling over her words. Instead, a small, flickering flame appeared among the ashes, growing slowly until his form could be seen engulfed inside. As he stepped out from the fire, the flames sank behind him, though they did not die. They awaited his return, his ascension back into his home in the sky.

The winter sun shimmered on his golden pelt, drawing a glare even in the coldest part of winter. A mortal would be covered in a thick, shaggy winter coat meant to keep in warmth and keep out wind; but the God of the Sun had no need for such silly things. He did not get cold. He did not suffer as the mortals did. His wings, stretched out to the side, flickered softly with a lingering flame, snuffed out as he folded them against his sides. Golden eyes slipped over the mortal before him, considering her for a moment. "Circuta," he rumbled, his tone unfathomable. "You have returned, with the trinket I asked of you in tow, I trust." It was a veiled threat, for he was not one to enjoy wasted time. "Tell me - how did you come across my amulet? From whom did you take it?"

"blah blah blah."

CREDITS

Circuta Posts: 100
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 7 Buff: NOVICE
Rhawon :: Siberian Tiger :: None aeolle
CIRCUTA

on we march
with a midnight song,
until we meet the dawn
with our lanterns on
Brume rises in the air, drawing into stretched nostrils and causing poisonous hued pearls to burn and sting— akin to salt rubbed within open wounds, firelight to flicker and turn onyx sinew into cardinal hues; giving her merely enough time to grasp the fawn and aureate amulet within her ivory teeth and pirouette away from the shrine before a steadily growing pyre, and as the first time she had seen the mighty Lord's sovereignty and carnal strength she gazed upon it with childlike splendor, glee, reverence (he is as alluring as the nighttide stars, as marvelous as the entrapment of a cerulean expanse, he is as elegant as the rain and as scalding as the Sun).

When the resplendent frame of the Lord steps forward, aureate and cream wings outstretched to mime their full glory (she refuses to tremor in his presence, he is the only God she has ever seen with her two eyes, and so he is primal as the hearth, as gleaming as a diamond within a limestone grotto, and she would worship him on a bowed knee, for he is the only Lord in which she has found and the only Lord to which has spoken to her), the devouring pyre behind him lowers into hungry embers and flickering at his heels as starved lions, she wonders if she should bow once more, if she should grovel upon her knees before a fiery King, if she should proclaim her allegiance, her ardor— and she wonders if the magic she bears demands she is a worshipper of Luna, if she is a moonlight Nightingale upon the tides of the brine, for it comes to her that though the abilities she calls forth are of crepuscule and the wind she does not bow to the ice laden Queen.
  If the Lord demanded it of her, she would devote her life to He whom gave the lands life, harsh, unyielding, and yet warm and welcoming as the entrance to the Labyrinth beneath their hooves.

And she wonders what his palace in the sky is like.

Depthless molten cores flash across her, considering her, judging her (and perhaps if she takes a placid step towards his sweltering frame, it is merely because she is clammy of sinew and frigid in the morn, for unlike the other breeds of equine and mythical beast she is bred from desert lineage and the sleek, waify, doe like bodice that she has inherited is almost lain bare, her kind never meant for the freezing glacial air of the arctic nor the goosebumps gathered in the winter), and when he speaks, it is with delicacy she sets the fawn amulet upon the snow ground betwixt them, nestled between drifts of snow and cradled within its icy fingers, safeguarded as a childe in a crib. Her attention is transfixed upon his, devotion and deference beating within the glass encased and vermilion artery that beats a drum's song within her bosom, silvery lyrics sliding forth from a upturned maw at his first lyrics. "Indeed, my Lord. I would not forsake you."

He queries her upon how she has come across the trinket, and as the tides to the sand covered beach she is overcome with melancholy, mournful for a babe she had not known (she swelled with the faith it would have grown into a fine young thing, mangled so she could not discern its gender), somber for the loss of life. She has turned over the idea that the little one may have a dam within the contours of the countryside, one whom missed it dearly, and entertained the idea it did not, and was merely reunited in the underworld, and yet if it was the first, she grieved for the mother's heart as well. It dances within her violently hued eyes, within the ever so slight dip of her dome, within the soft air her song takes next, the careful delicacy of each formed syllable before her King.
"A childe whom a Reaper took, my Lord. It.. was terribly mangled upon my arrival of it in the underground Labyrinth to which we held sanctuary in the days of the perpetual gloom and infected kin. I do not know how the young one died, merely that it smelt of disease and rot. The fawn and aureate trinket was looped around the child's neck, and I took it from it, cleansing it within the river. I—" alabaster lashes shiver down to cascade upon cheeks, to cover heavyhearted eyes. A amber feather from a old friend is blown tenderly by the wind in her mane. ".. I gave it a proper burial. Sir."

Cause she's a Cruel Mistress
And a bargain must be made

God of the Sun Posts: 198
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SUN

Burn the whole world down

The God of the Sun stood before the unicorn mare and smiled, for her worshipful gaze did much for his considerable ego. She was ever so lovely, though she lived in his brother's land and held his sister's touch on her soul; but it was he that elicited this reaction from her, it was he that she called for and gazed upon with such fiery passion. He didn't move, even as she crept closer still, instead merely watching her approach and enjoying the power he held over her. She placed the amulet careful on the ground between them and looked up at him, her words forming a prayerful promise that brings satisfaction to his gaze and a grin to his maw. Oh, how he loves holding mortals in such thrall.

But then sadness overcame her and he waited, curious, for her answer to his query. Slowly, as he listened to her tale, a frown slid into place on his maw. He was not a heartfelt, sentimental creature, but it could be said that he had a soft spot for children. His own daughter had so recently perished in a burst of flames to carry her on to her heavenly home, and so the burden that Circuta carried on her shoulders was equally borne by the god. Her gaze dropped, and he allowed himself a moment's pause, drinking in her sorrow and finding comfort in it. "You did well to do so," he told her, approval in his gaze, though he had not particularly liked the mare upon their last meeting. "One day you will have to tell me how you managed such a feat." But the day was ticking on, and he had other matters to attend to all across the lands. One would assume that gods held ample time in their hooves, but in the Sun God's case, it was not true.

The God of Time was the one that had that power.

"Well, keep the amulet. You might have need of it one day," he told her gruffly, his moment of tenderness past. An orange mist swirled around his hooves from the fire, forming into an orb in front of the unicorn mare's hooves. The orb condensed, growing steadily more solid until a dimly glowing orange egg sat in the snow. "There you are. I believe this is what you were after." He stomped his front left foot, just once; the snow surrounding the egg melted, leaving a patch of warm earth so that it might not freeze. "Until next time, Circuta," he said with a great nod, and then he was gone, a whisper on the wind.

"blah blah blah."

Congratulations! Circuta has received a Siberian Tiger companion.

Please note that due to recent changes in the Guidebook, there is no longer a two-week wait in which your character must protect the egg. The egg can hatch immediately. Yay!

CREDITS