the Rift

[OPEN] The Stone Between

Dragomir Posts: 275
World's Edge Glazier atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17" :: 7 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Bunnie

DRAGOMIR
hoping for the best, just hoping nothing happens

He stood just outside the rotunda, the light flickering from the candles above drifting across his chocolate and ivory pelt in dreamy ripples as he observes a set of markings before him. The stallion himself is still as stone, lingering while he ponders on the shape of the moon that stands at the top of the ceiling, and all the markings that come below it.

It seems like a story in some way, and he tries reading it although he doesn’t know any of the words, as if by studying the artisan’s lines he can simply see the film of the past played out before him. He knows it isn’t so, but the symbols themselves, while crude, are incredibly interesting and beautiful in their own way.

After all, there wasn’t much to do around here besides wait around for something to happen.

He held an ear on the entrance to the cavern, waiting for the sounds of any warriors or potential saviors dragging in another one of the infected for a quick bath. He’d seen it happen once or twice, hanging around in this room; after all, many of the kingdoms inhabitants had fallen to the disease, and from his experience with the blue mare and the hybrid foal and their friends, there were many who sought to rescue them from their fate.

He was not one of these. The only mission he had taken had been taken for Kahlua (perhaps the Edge, as well) and a twisted sense of redemption through valorous action; it had not been worth what he had thought it would be.

The aftermath of it all has left him feeling much more inclined to discuss the situation with anyone in the world who seemed they would listen and offer good advice on how to simply feel better about what he had done. He hadn’t seen Mirage, which was perhaps a good thing; he is of the opinion that her knowing gaze would see the guilt on him if she was presented his face in a one on one situation.

There was something about the dragon within her, the undying soul of the great golden creature; she knew more than she should, or at least seemed to. It was part of the woman’s character that had quickly endeared him to the Dragonheart, and won her his loyalty despised the hard truths she had presented him with about life and this land.

For some reason, it seems the story he is staring at should have something to do with Mirage, or at least the forest in which she had made her home. The mare was obviously in great favor of the Goddess, even tinted a shade of the evening; he had seen the gift that had been given her, the band that brought the stars and darkness in her wake. Mirage was Queen of the Dragons, keeper of the misty wood; she was as much the Edge as the sea or the ancient trees that housed her children, and it inspired him to become a child of the Moon as she had.

The only problem was that he didn’t know much about the night bringer, or her gifts; his people had been of the Earth, wielders of stone and nature, not the cold wind of the lonesome eve.

But he could understand it, at least after all he’d been through so far, and the story made it all that much easier to slip into the dream that one day he might belong among them, rather than linger along the outside.

[ Set before the Edge has gone back up to the surface for the sake of my sanity. <3 ]

@[Oberon], @[Voodoo]

a thousand clever lines unread on clever napkins
(I won't ever ask if you don't ever tell me)

image by ali<3
Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Any violence/magic is allowed to be used upon Dragomir at anytime, permitting it doesn't kill or seriously maim him without my permission <3

Voodoo Posts: 231
Outcast atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Eight :: Birdsong HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ouija :: Arctic Fox :: None Nevada
Voodoo
tear me open pour me out,
inside there's things that scream and shout

Jagged hooves clack across stone floor quickly, small spurts of pain shooting in your knees due to the amount of time on this rock. Silently Ouija springs along beside you, holding a steady pace to keep up with you right foreleg as you meander through the winding, never ending tunnels and outlet caves. All this time stuck below the earth and you still have not searched the entire system, though it would not be something to normally strike your fancy, Ouija is ever so curious about her surrounding world. So here you are, on an adventure just as she wanted. Verbally she cannot tell you, but it's no big secret that she hates sitting around.

The tunnel begins to open back into a large room, the very room that you had found your little darling in a a matter of fact! Oh glorious day, thankfully we can revisit this place! Why can't we ever visit where you picked us up at boy? A hard attempt to shove images of your bloodied mother into your head is only able to flash over your memory for a second before you're able to push it back; but it was just enough to alarm you. Your skin crawls uncomfortably and a shakey exhale escapes tight lungs as you enter the room.

A silent statue of a man stands all by his lonesome, the light that flickers off of the ceiling providing enough for me to make out that the stranger is painted with a bay hide, dark strings of hair hanging from his backside. How many times you have walks in on strangers that often would shoot you a glare for apparently being in the wrong spot at the wrong time? Too many times. Sliding to a halt, your empty, glazed eyes stare at the body, your long kinky tail wrapping around both legs and tangling together before you can pull it back away. You consider an apology, but silently nod your head, not even sure if the stallion can see you in the horrid lighting. You stand a good three body lengths away from him, staying dead quiet, watching Ouija round back behind your body to only slip between back legs and come to a standstill at your front hooves.

Text here "Chat here." Voices here
Tagged: Dragimore
Ooc: Edited to fix my table

i run but it stays right by my side
Table by Frostie
EVERYTHING YOU'RE RUNNING AWAY FROM
IS IN YOUR HEAD
[Image: 5389e9aca8b63]
Please tag him in every post!

Bunnie

DRAGOMIR

The boy tilts an ear towards the subtle sound of hooves that near him, not quite ready to look away from the etchings in the stone but also not willing to be caught off guard. Waiting a polite amount of time for the other horse to speak, his mind gently gropes at the symbols for a while longer until he realizes that whoever has approached him is only standing to observe him as he stands still as death in this dimly lit hole in the ground. Most days, it would cause discomfort to rise to the front of the young stallion’s pool of responses, but there was no uneasy prick of his flesh from the on looker’s eyes and so he felt no immediate thread to himself or his well being – only a tinge of curiosity, a wonderment as to why it was someone had arrived to stare as if a mute at his silent studies.

He turns his simple features to look at whomever it is, finding a black unicorn that seemingly melds into the shadow of the cavern, a deep red set of eyes watching him from beneath his equally gruesomely toned horn. Dragomir takes a moment to stare silently at the stranger himself, noting the white dog (young, so very full of new life) behind the stallion and most notably the horn spiraling upwards from between his eyes.

Of all the breeds he had been forced to deal with, the only species more nerve shattering than a unicorn had been Semira and Amaris – and he had never heard of dragon hybrids before as he had the wearers of the sword. Perhaps his eyes linger too long on the vicious point of the man’s head spike, broaden in wonder at the sort of damage such a wicked device could cause, or perhaps it is too dark at all to notice such things. Either way, the silence has stretched long and uncomfortable as the boy observes the strange stag, his pale blue gaze searching the features of the black and red man for any signs of hostility, his own heart pounding like the beat of a thousand drums inside his chest.

He hears the cry of Ricochet, through the rain. He sees the bloody streaks along a pitch black pelt, a macabre memory that flashes like a streak of lightning through his thoughts. He can smell the stench of the fire as it consumes everything in its path… and then, as quickly as it arrived, the memories fade away, leaving him with an acute sense that the staring has gone on quite long enough.

He stills the trembling of his flesh, steels his will to obey his desires to appease the Queen of Dragons and his beautiful Glazier. This man is only a unicorn, after all – a good kick to the head would remove him of all marks that deemed him as a lesser creature.

"Are you in need of something?" he asks, not really sure why else someone would stand so quietly and so unobtrusively from the sidelines until finally fed a scrap of attention, but after the words hit the air the stag knows this is not the case. There is a lack of anything in the red eyes that watch him from a respectful distance, they do not flicker or burn as the spirits of his brethren’s within the Edge seem to, and he senses, though he is not sure how or why, that this is a lonely soul, one who wanders from one empty place to another.

His head shakes no in answer to his own inquiry, a smile alighting on his face in the revelation of what he believes to be part of this one’s character, for they share a similar fate among the myriad faces of Helovia. Dragomir is often alone as well, and it is rare that he has found another not surrounded by friends and loved ones, drawing from him a sense of connection between the two even as he rebukes the unicorn’s presence for being what he is.

The son of Adalwulf will never grow talented at these awkward, life lesson mauling moments. He is a mind of two paths, and stubbornly he tries to make either one bend into the other. "Dragomir, of the Edge," he says, though he dallies on the title of his home – is it even still there? Not to mention, he hadn’t seen Mirage or Kahlua or Destrier or any of the other familiar and staple faces of the land down here, and never was the pain he felt when wondering if they were alright as intense as it was whenever he thought of potentially losing the only friends and family he had this far west.

[ OOC: Sorry it took so long! I was waiting to see if Tailor would be able to make it. <3]
@[Voodoo]

image by ali<3
Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Any violence/magic is allowed to be used upon Dragomir at anytime, permitting it doesn't kill or seriously maim him without my permission <3

Voodoo
tear me open pour me out,
inside there's things that scream and shout

The eerie silence hangs like a thick fog in the room, the stranger now had swing his face around to stare back at you. Sky blue eyes watch back at your horrendous gaze, nothing being said, no agitated flick of ears or breif exhales to create some sort of sound... Just quiet. This is what it's like talking to you.. You realize that, right? and it is, it really is exactly what you are doing right back to the bay across the room. Finally, the nameless face questions your presence -more likely if you're even here or not.. Fucking weirdo. "Are you in need of something?" We can feel your skin prickle beneath thick fur and your ears swivel outward from each other, dull ruby eyes stuck on the gaze of the stud.

A heavy couple of seconds tick by until you shake your rummy snout back and forth, ears flicking forward along with the motion. Your crowned skull submissively drops to a comortable shoulder height, rough vocals nearly being put to use before the bay smiles, either mimicking you or agreeing; either way, the smile for some reason nearly knocks your self esteem down a few bars. "Dragomir," the voice notes into the still thick air, adding that he was from a place you had never heard of.. That you remember? Ouija looks up at you, pitch black eyes full of curiosity. This is the only time she has stayed below you and silent when meeting another being.

You have to clear your throat before speaking, scared that it will crack midsentence if you don't do so. "Voodoo, and this is Oujia." Your eyes finally drop from the pale stare of Dragomir, finding Ouija's oil drop gaze. Her bushy tail wags back and forth twice as your worrisome heart flutters at the sight of her. The look is very breif though, as it is brought back up to your cave dwelling acquaintance. "I'm not sure where I'm from." you pause for a long second, considering your options once everyone is back above ground. "The Dragon's Throat or the Aurora Basin."

You belong to neither momentarily, due to the fact that the world up above you all could be destroyed, wiped into a clean slate of rock and clay. For all you know, everyone you know might be dead.. Scortched by endless fires, swept up by black twisting air that tore through the Throat, or eaten by lingering mountain lions and cannobalistic zombies. You shift uncomfortably on your feet, dragging rough hooves back and forth just to stay in the same place. "What are those?" you ask under a light breath, your glossy eyes finally able to lift of of the stranger and attempt to decipher the drawings etched into the walls. How had you muses that before?

Tagged: @[Dragomir]
Ooc: No big deal! If you want he can just walk away and be like "No, you're weird." Lol.

i run but it stays right by my side
Table by Frostie
IS IN YOUR HEAD

Bunnie

DRAGOMIR

Voodoo, says the stranger after a long and strange silence, continuing to introduce his companion who wags her tail sweetly in response to the notice given her. His own head nods in time with each name, trying to be good company with a sense for timing and wit.

Perhaps wit was asking too much of reclusive Dragomir; that he knew he was supposed to nod at all is quite impressive. He usually gets so caught up in his own panicked thoughts while dealing with others that he forgets to show the usual signs that he is still listening, increasing his sense of panic, looping the tail end of the problem right back into the mouth. People, to say the least, were not his specialty.

This other stallion, judging from his revelation of having two homes and belonging to neither, was paddling down a similar stream he was. It wasn’t to say that Dragomir did not love the Edge and the friends he had found within, but he knows he was not made from the same cloth as the rest of them; he’s already done things too dark to mention to a one of them, things that surely would make them shun him from their numbers or at least their hearts.

They were good people, his herd. He did not see them leaving any to die on their own, no matter how horrid their crimes. And he hadn’t killed anyone, at least he didn’t think so…

"I’ve heard nothing good about the Basin and no ill of the Throat, if that helps you to more firmly allocate yourself for the duration of this conversation, at least," he says a bit late to really be polite, deep voice friendly in the face of his natural aversion to horned and winged things and perhaps a bit rushed in his hurry to get it out before the other man assumed he was going to be ignored.

His next words are a question, and the painted stallion lights up at the mention and turns back to the wall of symbols, looking at them with a wide expression that tells all one needs to know about how much he loves a good mental challenge, especially ones that hinted of magical origins. "I think…they’re silent words," he states, slowly, still staring at the section that he had been trying to convince to read its tale aloud to him in whatever fashion it would do so, "but I don’t really know. They haven't done anything for as long as I've stood here."

@[Voodoo]

image by ali<3
Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Voodoo
and it comes to be like the soothing light
at the end of your tunnel

The stagnant, recycled air filters through one more pair of lungs as you breath silently, your heart rate keeping a steady rhythm for the time being. The pause had kept you on edge, but now that this Dragomir has spoken of the Basin just as many others have, you can feel your heart sink. Really, you never met any of the lunatics that have given the frozen valley it's horrifying background.. but then again, you had only held an actual conversation with a few of your herd members when you were there.. Mauja had been the one that you could actually remember by both face and name. How pathetic we moan, rolling our dry eyes at your sad social standing.

"It's not what everyone thinks.. I think. But the Throat is.." Your voice trails off after the first brief pause in words, ears flickering forward, the bay keeps soft features on his face. "The Throat is great." You're not sure how to respond to that, as you hadn't ever really had any one-on-one time with anyone from the Throat. Africa was the only soul that you truly even knew the name of.. besides Midas, but you had met him once, and briefly. You don't belong in either. No one really wants you no matter what we hiss, trailing our hot, broken finger nails across the bed of your skull.

At last, you feel some form of relief when Dragomir turns the conversation from your whereabouts to the faintly glowing walls before the two of us. He had been watching them, reading them when you had stumbled in here, and you had interrupted him. "I think they're silent words." He begins to explain, and your never-ending gaze rises to the art. Fingers like ours' had to have created these animated words, as there is no way that ancient equines could have worked them into the walls. "Silent words?" You repeat, suddenly awestruck by the graffiti.

Curiously, you take slow steps toward the wall, pulling up to what would be Dragomir's left side -unless he had moved- quietly, red ears perched forward as your glossy eyes search the stone.

Tagged: @[Dragomir]
Ooc: I'm sorry about the long waits for these replies. :(

like a freight train coming your way
Table by Frostie
IS IN YOUR HEAD

Bunnie

DRAGOMIR

The stallion seems indecisive when confronted with the knowledge that the painted equine knows no good tales of the mountain unicorns, something Dragomir quickly brushes off as another anomaly, a member of a society with a heart less rimmed in razors than those he walks alongside. His mother was one of these black sheep, a woman come from a land of no magic and only equines, no racism running deep in her heart as it did in those who were forced to watch the numbers of their great species dwindle as it was bred away and laid to waste by less worthy creatures.

It’s an interesting notion though, one he stores away for later reference, that not all who came from the Aurora Basin were wicked. Some were misguided, or oblivious to the dark deeds their brothers committed. Still, the dark nature of this one would have led him to believe he was the latter had he not so openly approached a horse with kindness rather than violence; it left Dragomir with many thoughts on how far he had to go before he could count himself adept at judging others for who they were beyond surface value.

"You don’t sound entirely convinced," he says, thinking on how he himself would reply if asked about the World’s Edge. He doubted it would hold as much hesitation as what lied in the tones of the bloody mouthed unicorn, so much sadness tangled in the tones, but it would hint at loneliness, a common belonging without any of his edges truly fitting against any of the others.

He kept pressing the piece into the picture hoping to warp the edges of himself enough to truly belong there.

As the two stand side by side investigating the markings in the wall, Dragomir nods in reply to the repetition of his words. "Hmm, yes. Like a story," he says slowly, "though I haven’t the slightest clue how I have come to such conclusions or how to go about hearing the story it has to share."

@[Voodoo]

image by ali<3
Wishlist | Table Tracker