the Rift

[OPEN] Crack That Whip, Baby

Agrona Posts: 115
Hidden Falls Tiro atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Seven HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
Agrona | Carnage

Never ending flats and hills full of lush grass and more than plentiful crystal clear waters cascading left and right surrounds me, my family happily scattered about the God given and plauge-born land, filling their hungry bellies and sun-bathing in the breaks of snow clouds. A fresh, soft powder taints the green earth, small shoots still poking out from the snowy blanket. All around us the waters gently roll, plummeting down from falls both tall and short alike, white clouds of stirring water easing out into lazy streams. A broad smile sits comfortably on my dark face, I know that this is what Seele and Eris wanted for us all along. How happy our crazy sisters must be.

Though.. How is dear Eris taking all of this? She had not looked particularly thrilled at the meeting.. But all I really remember clearly from that was leaning on my Oxy, and seeing familiar faces. I will never eat that shit again.. How does he do that all day? Fucking beats me. Back to my appreciating all of this bountiful land. My still less than healthy body moves toward a pool of slow water, my weary eyes almost not wanting to look into the water to see my reflection. Perhaps my face isn't horrid looking, but I know that my body is not what it was before the darkness; sleek, shiny, -mostly- flawless hide.. the small scars are hard to even see because my winter coats have taken a great deal on helping hide those.

The water ripples away from the gradually sloping bank, a cold lump in my throat forming just before I swing my body sideways. My heart almost drops from it's own cavity in my chest, and my throat tightens. My rib cage is clearly visible, my hip bones sticking out like a massive coat hanger holding up drying hide. Not to mention my shoulders and spine looking rather boney as well. "Oh my god." I whisper, both violet eyes staring madly into the water that is throwing back my disgusting reflection. I swallow hard and refuse to let tears slip over my eyes. There have been too many tears shed this past week, even though most of them were out of happiness. I am all dried out of tears.

Still flowing like soft silk, my mane and tail are as clean as ever, long and whispy as they should be. My antlered skull jerks away from the reflection quickly, back right hoof stamping down into the snow hard. I will not let this define me, I will rise from this too. Just as I have. I will make dad proud and show everyone I am here for a reason! My proud conscience yells in my head, telling no one else will be the most effective, otherwise they may try to stop me. Long flaxen tail snaps three times, whipping the air with a small spurt of violence. My mocha snout lifts from it's tucked away position, glancing around our herdland again. We have made this possible.. We are strong, together.

Tagged: Come one, come all!
Ooc: Feel free to tell me to shove it if I've posted this too soon! I wasn't sure if I should wait until after the meeting or not!
Walking "Talking" Thinking

Credits: code by Tamme | Image by Sarah | Stock Credits in the Link

Let me tell you something baby
You love me for everything you hate me for
[Image: 542f83afbdf08]
  • Please tag me in every post!

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare

Elsa
My head's underwater, but i'm breathing fine.
Her flying still wasn't perfect. After the day on the beach, she'd had a raging headache. Any type of movement or activity had spurred an uncomfortable pressure in her head, and made her feel as if she would explode from the inside out. More than once she'd already almost fallen clear out of the sky, which is why she was grounded like a groundhog. She didn't completely hate the inability to fly, but she much preferred it, especially in the midst of a long and cold winter. Elsa shivered, the snow still sticking to the ground in their new homeland. During the meeting, she had seen familiar faces, that of Amani, who clung to her side most of the time, Oxy, "Lace Face" and that was about it. She shrugged, might as well go looking for a friend right?

Her hooves crossed over the barren landscape to a cool pool, near it Lace Face was standing. She seemed to be looking at herself, and whatever she saw, she did not like it. Lace Face said something aghast, but Elsa was too far away to hear. Elsa still wasn't sure if she should approach, so she stuck back a ways, watching her movements. Lace Face suddenly pulled her head away, and stamped her foot down. Elsa cringed in a knee-jerk reaction, but stayed ever so quiet. What was she doing? Lace Face flipped her tail a few times, and glanced around. Elsa figured she had been caught, so meandered over to her.

As she approached, she gave the mare a nod. Elsa was quite hoping that she wouldn't jump all over her like she did last time, but if Lace Face did, it wouldn't kill Elsa. "So what is your name exactly? I never did catch it back at the beach... She muttered, slightly embarrassed that she didn't know such a thing. Honestly, most of the beach was a blur except Lace Face's over friendliness. "Sorry I was kind of stalking you, I just didn't want to interrupt... you seemed like you were not enjoying what ever it was, and I didn't want to intrude. Elsa explained, Elsa really didn't even know if Lace Face had even seen her.

"their speech goes here and this is the color"
@[Agrona]

code © tamme, picture © chan
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Adoptable
Agrona | Carnage

As my angered eyes fell back from my dairy reflection to the surrounding land, I see that pegasus that had gotten stoned with Oxy and I; an image of her unsure, almost reluctant face diving into the plants flashes through my brain. Will she come see me? my conscience begs, but I stay silent and watch Snowflake with bright eyes. Sue enough, she saunters my way, and I greet her with the slightest nod of my cranium, dual horns pointing toward the cloudy sky. As lilac irises lift back up to see the female up close, it finally registers that I cannot remember anything about her besides bawling on her shoulder and that confused, curious glance I had shot her before taking my share of locoweed.

Not a "hello," but instead a question of who I am. I am not Lace Face... As I suppose she is not Snowflake. Before I answer, I remember a clip of the frosty mare trying to shove her snout into the sand bar; a chuckle stays sealed behind rough lips. "Agrona." Snowflake goes on and apologizes for doing something that she was not doing, and my skull tilts to the left, ears canting in opposite directions of each other. "You're fine." is all I offer, tongue clicking against the roof of my mouth. I pull both ears forward, my skull still titled at an angle at Snowflake. "Elsie, right?"

Damn it, that's not it, I know it as soon as I say it, "Elsa?" The correction is followed by a slightly higher pitched end, indicating that I am still not quite sure. Well fuck. I'm pretty sure that's it, but I've been wrong before. A deep sigh exits my lungs through flared nostrils and my head straightens out to sit in the right position. I blink my violet eyes as I try to keep focus on my new herdmate rather than let my attention drift off behind her and to any other surrounding. Here I am, back to my normal self, not taking others into consideration as I should.

It feels good to be back.

Tagged: @[Elsa]

Elsa
Agrona! Of course! The memories came flooding back, the one, not so pleasant. The taste of sand and a headache came rushing into her memory. Elsa could see herself attempting to bang her head into the ground. A groan almost emerged from her lips, but was quickly stashed. Elsie? Elsa then exploded into laughter, even after she had fixed her mistake. To Elsa, Elsie seemed like such a... weak name. Yet, it was oddly hilarious at the same time. Elsa never knew why mistakes of names and other such things made her laugh, but it did. She remembered then when she met the feisty little pony, Moniz. She had just farted and Elsa remembered laughing so hard she thought she could laugh herself to death.

Elsa quickly calmed down, and nodded her head at Agrona. She did feel bad about laughing, but it was funny. Elsa offered no apologies, and just continued on like normal. "It is Elsa. So Agrona..." she said the name to get a feel for it on her tongue. It rolled off somewhat normally, but it had a ring like it belonged to an Asylum member. "Are you from the Asylum? Back.... there, it sounded like you knew Oxy?" She asked, referring to the unspeakable day of which she was admittedly ashamed of. She looked back, noticing the pool, and still wondering what Agrona was thinking while looking into the pool. "Also, I hate to ask again, but, what were you doing looking into the water? I don't think the fish are too active in the winter." She added, trying not to sound pushy. Lets face it though, Elsa was pushy, and she was nosey. She liked to know everything about anything.

@[Agrona]

Adoptable
Agrona | Carnage

A wild laugh shakes the white-coated Elsa, my ears flicking forward quickly and violet eyes popping wide open, skull raising slightly all at one time. It must have been what I had said, "Elsie?" I take it, because this pegasus is completely consumed in laughter. The giggling calms, and almost as if nothing had just struck her funny bone, she helps me by agreeing with my correction: "It is Elsa-" I nod silently, her words continuing to fill the fresh, crisp air. My ears move away from each other again, the left turning backward while the right stays forward. Sinultaniously, an uncontrollable twitch causes the leg I had struck the groud with to tense up and once more relax.

Elsie questioned whether I belong in the Asylun or not, and I blink my deep eyes at her, remembering how unbelievably excited I was to not only see living creatures, but more importantly than that.. Oxy. And if I remember correctly, miss Sbowflake had not been too happy about that. A smirk pulls at the soft corners of my lips, "I've been a part of the Asylum since we were rather small. I was the one that found Oxy and invited him into our band. We ruled the Swamps then." Images of bloated, mummified bodies half sunk into the sticky mud below made my skin crawl with goose bumps and my jaws to clamp shut tightly.

The bright color of my eyes reached up to the slightly taller mare, the smirk had fallen once I had mentioned the Swamps. "Seele and Eris wanted nothing more for us than an actual home. And with patience, it was received." Dual horns ducked as my cranium lowered to my chest again, Elsa's next question pulling at my heart: "-what were you doing looking in the water?" A stiff snort of air enters my lungs an is held before I speak, my tongue not satisfied with the numerous replies that fill my head. Instead of something witty and rude, I decide to just let it out.. This mare may not care, but at the same time.., who else has asked? No one. She'll listen. She seems too nice to just veer away from my newly developed self-loathing.

"I used to be beautiful. Warriors fought for my body.. Literally. I was basically a princess who would have ruled an entire band of warriors and fine foals if I would not have left. But look at me now!" I pause, the words all coming out like a rush of water exploding from behind a dam. "Now I'm hideous. I am scrawny and filthy and so useless. What can I do for my herd? I came here to continue my father's need to expand our bloodline, but who would want me in this condition?! I can't even stand looking at myself. What does everyone else think I look like?" It was all back and forth babbling, as I want to let so much out, but my brain can't focus on just one situation.

I could go on and on: the fact that I hate everything about myself now, that I have disappointed my father and my original family is broken and scattered, I am lonely and my heart longs for a family.... The fact that I have lost a child who I never.... Who I never even named. I clamp my jaws tight and swallow hard, both ears laying back on my smooth mane. "I am useless now. That is all." My voice is barely a whisper that falls below my always raspy voice.

Tagged: Elsa
Ooc: Edited to fix font colors while speaking

Elsa
Her ears flickered intently towards Agrona as she spoke of the Asylum. She had been there from the beginning, and she had brought Oxy. Elsa's face twitched slightly in annoyance, but muscled through it. No one will ever know she even had an inkling of liking or kinship with Oxy. Plus, he never wanted to bring up their talk again, so why pretend? They had apparently lived in the swamps before, not the forest like Elsa had been taken too. What if they had always lived there, and Oxy never meant to bring her into the Asylum? Her mind shuddered at the thought, but remained somewhat cool and calm. Only an uncomfortable look crossed her face. "Well it sounds like they all really like you." She muttered. The girl had also met and knew Seele and Eris well, and Elsa felt even more inferior.

However, she had no room to talk as the mare began to go on her own self-hating rant. She spoke of how she used to be what sounded like an amazon warrior queen. She was supposed to be raising strapping foals and raise an army who would listen to her every whim. Her voice quickly drops off, and suddenly its nothing more than a whisper as she falls completely silent. Elsa frowns, and reaches her muzzle out to the mare, aiming to just gently nudge her shoulder in a friendly manner. "I am sure you'll bounce back quickly. Bad things happen to good horses, and we can only move on from it. Believe me, i've been there." A sympathetic smile replaced her uncomfortable and jealous one. Although, the jealous thought still lingered, but it was strongly overcome by her sense of kinship and the need to help.

@[Agrona]

Adoptable
Agrona | Carnage

"Well it sounds like they all really like you." Snowflake responds first off, my glossy violet eyes finding the shocking blue ones, a small fire of happiness flickering between the crashing walls of sudden depression; if I could sum up what my guts feel like right now, it would just be dusty, dry, and gray. That's what they feel like.. But instead of being able to focus for much longer on my innards, I wonder what it is that Elsa may have heard that would make her think that I am liked? Perhaps it's just the way I get looked at, or maybe just that I've been accepted into the herd for so long? Whatever it is, I now need to know, before my curiosity boils my brain.

"What makes you say that?" I mutter before continuing on with my now very long and very scattered rant. I hope for this mare's sake that she is able to catch and understand most of what I am saying, or even is able to just focus on one part of the story; which I obviously myself can't do. As I whine, I almost let the unborn slip into the conversation, but bite my tongue just a quarter of a second before, the tears threatening over and over again to well in my deep purple eyes.

"I am sure you'll bounce back quickly. Bad things happen to good horses, and we can only move on from it. Believe me, I've been there." The softest velvet touches my shoulder, my hide twitching in response before a weak smile can manage to spread across my own soft lips. Ears raise off of flaxen hair, the left twitching before coming back forward. The "-you'll bounce back quickly." ricochets through my skull a few times, images of crashing hooves and antlered skulls just like my own piercing the air cascade through my memories; they too will "bounce back." I'm sure of it.

"Thank you." I whisper, swinging my skull toward the gray mare's brightly decorated shoulder. Before I am able to touch it in the same way she had mine, I pause, gathering the actual snowflake, a giggle spilling into the air. "Now I see." I mumble, the still upset tone of my voice softening the words.

Elsa
She asked about why Elsa said that, and honestly, Elsa wasn't going to tell. From the beginning Elsa had always, always, always been jealous of relationships. From romantic, to friend, to just acquaintances. Since she had been little Elsa had always struggled with just making an acquaintance, and when she had finally had someone that gave her more than just a grumble, she wished them to be just hers. She would never admit that to anyone, so she just let the question pass. Time dissipated all things right? Not quite, but at least when it came to conversations, it was worth a try. It seemed that Agrona wanted an answer.. so Elsa had to think off the top of her head. "They just seem to know you, at least Oxy did. In my book, that is quite an accomplishment." She said simply with a smile.

Elsa reached out, and her whiskers gently crossed the dark girls shoulders. Agrona offered a weak smile, and Elsa could tell whatever it was, her problem had not yet been solved. It seemed she was one who would rather not talk about her feelings. Agrona offered a thank you, and Elsa only nodded. "It's honestly the least I could do." Elsa smiled, stepping back from Agrona to give her some space. Suddenly Agrona's own head swung towards her snowflake. Elsa tensed, her muscles bunching in ripples beneath her now, tone, strong body. Training had gotten her far. "Now I see" she said, and Elsa didn't quite know what to say. "Erm okay... do you want me to stay here or leave?" Elsa always felt like she was intruding, even when Lacey was staring at her blue marking.

@[Agrona] it's your choice if you want to stay and chat with Elsa. xD Right now Elsa is confused. xD

Adoptable
Agrona | Carnage

Judging by the reaction that I got out of her Elsa wasn't very impressed with my comment. My right ear twitched, turning backward after the fact; why was she getting so worked up over nothing? I picked my snout up again, whisking it away just after the actual snowflake flinched at my -nearly- touch. Suddenly, she's asking whether she should stay or not. I watch her intently for a moment, my brain trying to wrap around everything that had just happened in the past few minutes; I had spilled my fucking heart out to this mare who I had only met once before where we had gotten completely stoned out of our minds, she had calmed me down a little bit and reminded me that I do have a family that seems to care about me.. She even reassured me that I would be okay.

But could I actually believe that? It's not like she knows what I'm going through every day. Every.. god.. damn.. day.

"Uhm. Yeah. You can go." I watch her draw back from me, an unsure look shading her body, so I do the same and take two steps backward. "Sure." My words are -at first- soft and confused, but I leave the last word at another near silent whisper. A deep breath sucks in through both large nostrils and I try to hold it in for a moment. It doesn't take long for the air to feel too tight and a torn sigh to roll from my chest, dark eyelids blinking hard against still wet eyes, the dots below my left eye crinkling with my skin.

Stupid, why would you tell her all of that? Even if she doesn't remember, you still TOLD her! My conscience yells at me, my stomach turning and beginning to grow upset. I tuck my laced maw into my breast, both ears now turned backward.

Ooc: Sorry for the shit response that took forever to get to. Feel free to leave if you'd like, Agrona's emotions are everywhere right now! Lol.

Elsa
Elsa wished she could understand the mare. But honestly, getting stoned is probably not the best way to meet a friend, and Elsa put a strong mental note in her brain that she would never ever get stoned again in the presence of someone she had never met. She acted like an irrational idiot, and for that, she was over the top embarrassed at herself. The mare finally dismissed her and Elsa's head drooped a little at the rejection, but before turning away, offered a weak smile and some words. "Well if you ever want to talk again, come find me. I promise i'll be less socially awkward. I also am willing to listen, since i'm better at that than talking." She chuckled weakly, before turning and moving away.

The stab she felt in her heart was a selfish one. Elsa had never been turned away before, and it felt like an off rejection. She felt that the mare had more to say, but just didn't want to, and Elsa would respect that privacy. One thing Elsa hated more than herself was stepping on others toes (or hooves in this case). She never wanted anyone to be mad or annoyed with her. She looked back one last time, offering a smile, just to make sure that Agrona was not mad or angry at her. Elsa was a peacekeeper, not a war-maker. With a few more steps, stumbles and the occasional stop, Elsa was out of view with in a few moments. Inside, she was still deeply torn on if she should've stayed or not. Another mental note was made to find her again sometime, when, they were both in a better state.

@[Agrona] Elsa's sad :'[ but they should meet again :D