the Rift

[OPEN] Is it time to leave?

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
When the day is blue, I'll sit around wondering about you

timeline: prior to herd meeting in Edge

Something felt different about the caves. As she left the sanctuary of the mosses and the hanging vines, Alysanne had the distinct impression that there was a smaller amount Helovia’s population gathered here. She had just woken up from a nap, yes, but she knew she could not have possibly slept so long as to have missed any major events occurring! Surely any mass exodus would have awakened her – she had always been a rather light sleeper. Though, so used to their life in the caves now, there was the possibility that she was just imagining things. The crowd was always shifting, there were always so many faces just hanging about. Plenty of space for them all in these caverns that went deep into the soil, but though the white and black Pegasus might have retreated into spending time with herself – she was never really alone.

Which was truly a comfort in these confusing times.

Though she had made a trip to the Threshold, in a small way the idea of returning to the surface frightened her. She was getting used to the constants that existed down here: the dim lights, the faint hunger. Every time she caught herself growing complacent, she couldn’t help but laugh. She was made for sunshine and the soft whispering of trees. Even though in the caves they were held close to the earth, protected by nature and all her wonder, there was something to be said for being free above ground.

She firmly believed that this plague or whatever it was would relinquish its hold on Helovia before too long, but little did she know that it already had.

So Alysanne was left with a rather puzzled look in those emerald eyes as she moved further into the cave and closer to the entranceway. No one appeared to be leaving in a hurry at this moment so maybe there was another reason for the crowd being thinner than she remembered from before her nap. Perhaps she could ask whoever came along next and see if they knew anything about it! It would be good to know whether or not she was in fact imagining things, and certainly a trip up to the surface was not worth the risk just to check without knowing more. She had seen far too many of her friends altered by the sickness so she would be more than happy to avoid it as long as possible.

@[Aaron]

Come back to me, my darling
original html by rottie
picture credit
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Aaron Posts: 260
World's Edge Protector atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 6 Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alanna :: Common Hellhound :: Energy Drain Emily

Aaron</style>
 i lit a fire that wouldn't go out.</style>

Kaj and many others had always left the caves by the time the duo had gotten themselves up and ready to move. Alanna had taken her sweet time stretching and yawning, almost as if she was preparing for something big. Aaron quickly hurried the hellhound towards the exit of the caves, not wanting to be late for a herd meeting or anything. He of course was returning to the Edge. Where else would he go? Best place to build memories was among old family and friends. Kaj and Kahlua were like family, they were part of the Qian.... They among a few others were all Aaron had left for family outside Alanna.

That is when he saw the pegasus mare. Something about her seemed familiar from the Edge, so he paused to speak. Excuse me Miss... But did you used to live in the Edge? It was the only thing he could think to say, but quickly he was speaking again. I am Aaron, former Glazier of the Edge and this is Alanna. He nodded to the hellhound. She would make ni- Not now Alanna! He growled at her inside his head. Why she was so set on finding him a mate he did not know. They had been through this a thousand times. His heart belonged to Kimber and Kimber only. If she not back soon, you move on No, I won't. Oh how he wished Alanna would stop with the urge to make him have kids. He couldn't even protect his sisters, how was he to keep a child and his or her mother safe?

@[Alysanne]

talk

image credits

In Nomine Patris Et Filii
Et Spiritus Sancti

Please Tag Aaron in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Aaron at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Snapping out of her daydreaming, she looked towards the voice addressing her and immediately smiled – and then even brighter because he mentioned the Edge! She had not run into many of those from home down here, oddly enough, but it was about time. “Oh yes! I remember seeing you at the last meeting. I’m Alysanne, I had just started working with Resplendence and the healers before all of this.” She gestured around her, though their current situation was certainly more than just a simple stay over in some caves. “It’s wonderful to officially meet you – and you too, Alanna.” She turned to the companion with that same warm grin, nodding to the beautiful wolf-life creature.

Still her conversation with Ampere rang about in her mind, but she could not spot anything in the pair before her that suggested anything like enslavement – nor could she recall a single instance of anything negative between anyone and their bonded. Voodoo and his sweet Ouija or Lena and curious Imogen – there had been nothing but happiness and love there.

Well, now that there was someone with her she didn’t see a reason why she couldn’t ask and see if they knew anything about what was going on in the caves. Maybe her hopeful heart was getting ahead of itself with the idea that there seemed to be fewer down here and therefore they must be on the surface. Better to find out for sure! “Do you two know anything about where everyone is going? Has something happened?” Although no one seemed particularly panicked, she couldn't help the little note of worry that wiggled its way into her voice. Surely everything was alright! They had all already been through so much.

original html by rottie
picture credit
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Aaron Posts: 260
World's Edge Protector atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 6 Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alanna :: Common Hellhound :: Energy Drain Emily

Aaron</style>
 i lit a fire that wouldn't go out.</style>

“Oh yes! I remember seeing you at the last meeting. I’m Alysanne, I had just started working with Resplendence and the healers before all of this.” Well that was good. At least of the two she remembered him. Pleasure to meet you offically as well. Good, strong bab-. NO ALANNA! Drop it. Why she had to always do this he did not understand. I want the best for you, if Kimber does not come back... Aaron couldn't help but smile. She always did look out for him.

“Do you two know anything about where everyone is going? Has something happened?” At those words Aaron's smile widened a bit. You haven't heard then? We are starting to return to the herdlands. The light is back. It's time to go home. Home. Both his heaven and his own personal hell. Either way, he would always return. It was where his heart lay, and would always lay no matter the change in leads. We were just starting to head back to the Edge, I believe Kaj and Kahlua are already heading there... He didn't ask her to join him, but the invitation was out there, sort of. Either that or she was free to make her own way back. Either way, it was time to return home.

@[Alysanne]

talk

image credits

In Nomine Patris Et Filii
Et Spiritus Sancti

Please Tag Aaron in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Aaron at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Alysanne had suspected that what Aaron described was what was happening, but to actually hear it was something else entirely. They were free! Oh, she wanted to go back to the Edge so badly - to replace that last memory with something much happier. She lit up at the news, at hearing that her friends (well some of them) were making their way there. “Really?”

But chasing the excitement was a heavy dose of fear. It had been so long since she had climbed up the hill to reach the surface, to breathe in the air the way it was before it was filtered through rock and the holes that let in light here and there. It wasn’t that she didn’t trust him – it was easy enough for her to do so, she was naturally trusting. And they did share a home, after all. Just hearing the words ‘it’s time to go home’ made her so ridiculously excited that she thought she might just forget to breathe.

She hated this new fear, this caution that stopped her from asking what he was waiting for and then race the pair of them out. She actually took a step backwards before realizing how silly she was being, her smile fading away and replaced by an overwhelming feeling of uncertainty. Use your voice, Alysanne. “Are you sure it’s safe?” She had been waiting for this, she had told all of her new friends that they wouldn’t be down here for much longer. Every day she felt like she told someone new that – and she believed it. She knew that they would not be trapped down here forever and now they weren’t. Freedom, home, it was all so close.

The pegasus just needed to make sure. She had taken too many risks lately, put too many of her friends in danger, and she wasn’t willing to make the same mistake again.

original html by rottie
picture credit
made by the lovely tamme