the Rift

[PRIVATE] creation of beauty is art (finished/closed)

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare

Elsa
My head's underwater, but i'm breathing fine.
Her new king, the one called Midas, wished to see her after the meeting. A small amount had time to pass, but she figured it was adequate enough. Crafting was a somewhat new, yet old power of hers. She was used to working with ice and snow, but rocks? Would that be any different? How hard would it be to mold geodes into fantastic sculptures? How hard would it be to lead a band of aspiring crafters, like herself, to please the Gods and their leaders? So many questions tumbled about in her head, nearly overwhelming the new crafter. Yet, she needed to keep her head, it was time that her, Midas, and possibly from the background, Seele, get in order what was to be done in the new territory. Everything had changed since the darkness, and apparently these lands within the falls, never used to be falls. Thus, she figured, any withstanding structure before the darkness was probably obliterated.

"Midas!" Elsa called out, standing near a crystal lake. It was one of the many that were scattered across this land. She wondered what mysteries were held at their depths, beautiful stones and crystal like structures lined the bottom. Maybe, just maybe, she could think of something creative to do with them when not following orders. Maybe she could build a colorful statue of the Earth God himself, and place it near one of the mighty falls. So many possibilities awaited her. Elsa stood patiently, awaiting the arrival of the painted king. It would be nice to be working for a change, it would take the pressure off of thinking of home.

"their speech goes here
@[Midas]
[Sorry for the terrible start D;]

code © tamme, picture © chan
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

I left the gathering, their talking and prying eyes, curious, bitter, angry, happy, and distant. There were a thousand words to match those expressions, yet few to meet the spoken tones which my new kin did use. Unspoken words would soon come to light when either a new family learned to trust or to cast me aside. The one called Elsa left during the questions that lapsed after formalities had passed.

My name left her lips, exiting without bite or sticky sweet tongue that so many of this family seemed eager to grapple. I smiled just a little and whinnied back to let her know that all was well; all the while walking toward the voice without much rush. She’d wait and I’d get the chance to breathe a moment.

The drifting sound of water faded into the roar of thunder as a distant fall cascaded over rocks hidden beyond timbers. She stood against the backdrop of a lake, pretty and pristine in all aspects. The gentle smile I wore widened into a full beam. Fina hissed, eyeing ice girl with narrowed brim and clicking beak—she wasn’t fond of strangers, alas my phoenix wasn’t fond of really…anything. Her talons nicked my flesh as she scampered down across spine to rear.

“Well met Elsa,” chin tucked to throat and I tapped twice against the gem that lay embedded within plates of steel. I paused when distance between us had closed ample enough to converse and still give space, “Ye has a desire to craft? Tell me of your talents.”
Our colours come alive when I collide with you
with you, with you
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Elsa
His call returned to her ears, and she smiled, content. She knew he was coming, and it didn't matter how quickly. Elsa couldn't even begin to imagine what it was like being a lead, she remembered what it was like for her, but her approach had been more... hands off. Here, everything was so proactive, so organized. Her head would've been spinning it was him.

His form them approached her, and he was with his companion. A Phoenix she guessed, for it seemed to be a flaming bird. It scampered to his backside, seemingly wanting to get away from Elsa. She frowned a little, but ignored the actions, for there were bigger things to worry about. He greeted her, and nodded at her with respect. Elsa did the same. Her wings extended from her side, as she pulled her right leg under, and touched her muzzle to her left knee in an elegant bow, before pulling herself up. He was quickly then to the point, about crafting. He wanted to hear of her talents, it was hard to describe, she she decided to show.

From the ground rose a clear, beautiful, what looked to be a stick. It grew in between herself and Midas. She imagined the leaves, and frosted, detailed leaves sprouted from the stem. Thorns followed, just as beautiful, no matter how terrifying or painful they could be. At the top, a beautiful rose shape bloomed. The edges of the petals frosted with delicate fractals of ice. She smiled, happy with her work and looked to Midas. "I can do that.. or..." She focused for a moment, and then created, quickly, a crude box of ice, that sat next to the flower. "That." She shrugged, she had heard of the powers a mason posessed but had yet to try them out. Elsa hoped that he would give her a little time to elaborate upon those powers, for she was much more talented with ice. "I can assure you that ice is a specialty. I've heard of what the mason is supposed to do, but in order to get my finesse to that..." She nodded to the frosted, icy rose. "I'll need a little time. The more crude, and geometrically shaped, the easier it'll be for me... for now." She added sheepishly. She didn't want to lie to Midas though. The worst thing she could have him do was overestimate her abilities.

"their speech goes here
@[Midas]

Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

She dipped into a graceful bow that suited a woman who posed an innocent appearance of perfect poetry. I smiled, grateful for her reverence and polite nature—she considered my words and did exactly as I hoped. The soil before our feet changed, cooled and stemmed out; each second it grew larger, more radiant. Leaves, unnaturally beautiful formed in the place of actually flora. Thorns and a brilliant rose slipped from the sloping crystal in a mimic of the actual plant it was replicated from.

“Beautiful,” I breathed, with hushed manner. Still smiling, my ears caught each word with understanding in the pains it took to make even the most simplest of objects, “Aye, all power must be nourished.” Crafting was an art of wonder and pure delight; a tool to be used for evil and good. Fina cooed softly, her eyes flickering curiously from the box and rose, back to our talented company. “Does it melt easily?” A shine of wonder lingered like a dull flame in the windows to my soul, earnestly I reached out, breathing warmth across the shimmering surface. The tips of whiskers brushed by.

A gift such as this was proof that our little lady would suit the position of Mason—she had already had the inborn ability to craft and another power would likely come easier. Though, I hadn’t forgotten the lad who stepped forward during the meeting. According to his word the meadow stallion had stood as the previous owner of such title. “Would ye be satisfied to serve as our Mason? Master Crafter in the art of earth and ice?

with you, with you

Elsa
Elsa was beyond pleased with her work at Midas' appreciation. Never before had she been... accepted for her ice. No one had ever appreciated it, they had always been so afraid of her. A smile could not be contained as she bashfully dipped her head in appreciation. He asked about it melting, and she pondered for a moment. She thought of back in the pit, where those ice spikes had not melted in days, and in fact, she believed them to still be existing somewhere in the dark space. "I don't believe that it does, from what I've seen, it has thus far lasted quite a long time." She said, with a smile.

Then Midas had asked her to do something she thought would never be asked of her, her asked her to stand in the Falls as the mason. Elsa's smile grew from a bashful grin to a full, happy smile and she couldn't help but laugh in excitement. "I would love to! Quite a pairing of "powers" if you ask me. Although, I know there must be some ideas for works for the herd, shall we speak of that now? Or at another time?" She questioned. Elsa was actually quite eager to get started, wondering what ideas were bouncing around in her leaders head. They had accepted her for who she was, and she was truly in their debt. Not to mention, she needed a little more spice in her life. Whether that was through sparring, crafting, or sneaking, she needed something to keep her busy.

"their speech goes here
@[Midas]

Ascended Helovian

Deceased

She answered my question, and I nodded, still smiling and gazing upon the sculpture of something fragile in appearance--yet strong enough to stand the test of sun and time. When Elsa accepted my offer and started gently prying for work I replied, “Aye, there is much to be done.” First chore could be managed in a matter of heartbeats, for I knew that our lord was listening, “By the power of Earth, our patron God. I name thee Mason.” Words had power. Despite what others would believe. The pale woman would have received his touch the instant I’d spoken; if the stories proved true and eye witness accounts weren’t false. Though I’d been told that each encounter was uniquely different.

Once the ceremony was complete, I moved to make a request. One that would be born from a selfish desire and not for the immediate benefit of the herd, “Before we start a palaver over projects for this clan… If ye are willing, I’d ask for aid in a personal quest I’ve been sent on.” My right forehoof rose then clipped the ground gently, gold pooled from the center and spread many inches from where I’d just stamped. I summoned this pure honey from earth—urging each slender thread to spread up before our eyes. Gently and with careful practice, I fashioned a golden ball about the size of an orange. It spun round, smoothing out with each new thread that was added. Finally, I’d finished. With a contented sigh I carried my gaze to Elsa, “Would ye cover this in your ice?”

with you, with you

Elsa
The whole formalness of the induction embarrassed her. Cheeks became tinted in a rosy red, and she fluttered her wings nervously. Such an official title, with such an official introduction made her feel suddenly inferior, like she did not belong crafting with the others. Once his formal words had come to an end, the pink then began to fade back to the usual, pale white. Such embarrassment rarely took over, but now that she was in the presence of other "royalty", she found herself easily ashamed of her actions.

He then suddenly asked for a personal crafted object. Quite odd, she didn't expect something so soon! But alas, she should help him. Then, a most surprising thing had happened! Elsa watched in wonder as gold poured forth from the ground like water, slowly take the shape of a small, golden sphere. Elsa smiled, looking to Midas with reverence. "Midas! Why didn't you tell me you possessed such magic?" She responded to his own question, and suddenly becoming nervous again began to stutter a little. "Of-of course." Her own magic manifested this self as the air suddenly cooled for a moment, and then suddenly, ice began to crystalize. It attempted, and struggled to cling to the smooth golden surface, but eventually encased the golden sphere in a case of ice. Elsa smiled. "Is that all? Or shall we discuss what is to be done now? Or would you rather me meet with all the other crafters first?" Question after question poured from her mouth and Elsa just shook her head. "Sorry for all the talking." She mumbled sheepishly.

"their speech goes here
@[Midas]

Ascended Helovian

Deceased

My smile was gentle when she admired a crafters work and exclaimed that I should’ve shared the talent sooner. Breath heaved and shoulders shifted into what could only be called a shrug, sheepishly I replied, “A little surprise is good for the heart. Besides, there are other talents I possess, this being one of my favorites.” It wasn’t meant to be a boast, merely the truth. When she agreed to cover my globe in her element I grinned wider and watched with eager eyes as the folds of ice slipped with clumsy grace that soon turned into a beautiful sheen of white gold. The ease of which she maneuvered this gift was astounding, my gaze rose from the icy sphere to meet her smiling face. “Tis well. Skillfully crafted.”

Sand pooled from beneath the ground, it twisted into golden granules as I summoned the gems of rocks that had been broken into near nothing. They spilled from below, sliding into a thick cradle like container. Once in place it shifted and held position, just a few inches from the rocky soil. “I’d break words on a project for this family.”

Some of that golden sand slipped apart from the main hoard, it trailed off to dance before our hooves. After a moment the grit took shape, forming the side of a mountain and within the mountain I crafted a mini version of what Seele and myself had envisioned. Three rooms, hollowed out from the face of a cliff—the entrance barred by great steel doors with heavy bars. “We need to create holding chambers for our enemies, should such arise.”

Motioning toward the sand with a flick of my muzzle I slide one of the living doors aside and added, “The rooms themselves can be carved using the mountain, they must be large enough to hold a steed comfortably; three of such rooms should suffice.”
with you, with you

Elsa
Elsa was glad he was happy, and still dumbfounded at the power. How could she not know? He possessed such a rare, special ability that she wondered why he didn't let her know in the first place. He had the power to craft things for himself and Seele that Elsa wished she could give as gifts. She just shook her head in amazement and continued to listen to his old-time words, explaining what they wished to see.

From the sand, a golden mountain appeared, much like the ones far to the east. In them, were cut square-like cells. Elsa was about to ask for an elaboration before he began to explain. They were holding cells, for prisoners, should they need to take any. It was a crude, and large job, but a job that shall no doubt be done when they could get all the crafters together. Elsa nodded, understanding the situation, for this was something that needed to be done as fast, and as best as possible. "Let us not wait then, I shall call the crafters together, and we shall converse and work out how we wish to do this and meet each other. Then, we shall commence immediately on the cells. I know how dire diplomatic problems can be." She said with a graceful bow, and before pulling up, reassured Midas once again. "I will fulfill this job to the best of my abilities." She finished, and then began to walk off, pleased with her new position in life.

"their speech goes here
@[Midas] I assumed this was at an end, but if you still need her, just stop her again in the next post. :D

Ascended Helovian

Deceased

Elsa seemed eager to get started, she nodded attentively and understood the direction of my words without asking further questions or prying for a repeat. Once the demonstration was complete I allowed the slithering mountain to collapse upon itself, my power slowly released its hold and gold was quickly turned back into the dull lifeless brown it had been transformed from. Elsa vowed to complete the task as efficiently as possible and bowed, I returned the gesture without extra embellishment, still smiling tenderly at the young magical soul that had already been burdened with a tremendous weight. The strain of invisible chains had already begun to slide in tighter, proof of trials to come even though I’d been home less than a month. “Long days and nights to ye.” I whispered as she parted ways, a frown replacing the smile I’d previous worn as I watched as Elsa’s pale frame slip back off into the woods.

Fina clicked her beak together when our company was out of sight, rubbing her head against my nape and picking at a few hairs. A rare show of affection. I sighed and lowered my crown, “I’m afraid Fina.” Voice was barely audible, she didn’t need to hear the words aloud. My child could feel what echoed in throughout each corner of my throbbing heart. I’d stepped from one cave only to enter a new one, but somehow this cave was darker and more deadly. I could feel it in the air, their eyes on me. Cold and calculating.

OOC: Sounds like a wrap up to me ^^; !
with you, with you