the Rift

[OPEN] arbeit macht frei [captive thread]

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie

& not to pull your halo down
around your neck and tug you to the ground, but...
A stiff and cold wind juts its savage maw through the still mountain valley, the Lady of the unicorns arriving through the threshold into its safe countenance alongside a spray of white snow cast adrift. Her dark hair ripples about her fine features, the smile that lingers on her pretty lips dark and amused, a devious glow to her golden eyes, and any who watched her approach knows why.

Ahead of her splendid appearance, her victim walks against her will towards a fate that Illynx can only imagine is far more wicked than even she could design. The mare is pretty, she has decided during the brief physical engagement that has left her with little will to run (at least Illynx hopes, though she keeps an eye locked upon her pale frame and a steely focus bound to her will in case she needs to send her a shock or two), and had she worn a horn she would be a focus of much jealousy and ill will.

The truth is, she is only hated because she is bare faced, and only bound for being born in the body she wanders the earth in. Her captor does not understand the lunacy of this concept or that she herself is deranged for believing it is a solid way of life – but there is no accounting for a well planned mind or even a sound one, even among the rulers of the world.

"Left," she commands the earthly woman ahead of her, golden horn lingering in case she dawdled to long in the command. The bitch is guiding her northwest, towards the prison cave that has sat empty and gathering dust for far too long, not only for the means of again giving it a purpose but also to keep her prize safe.

The pretty damsel is hers to play with; all her family could keep their grimy hooves away from her.

She instructs her prisoner to enter the cave through the open bars when they arrive, clanging the iron gate shut and secured behind her as soon as Luneia’s ass is out of the way enough for it to seal. It is from a striped window of vision that she pauses to truly inspect her treasure, her first lofty trinket stowed away in what she hoped would soon be a treasury full of souls that belonged to her, and her alone.

She does not know this woman from Eve, but hates her all the same. Even more cruel is the universe that has allowed such a terrible mistake to have occurred, such a fine woman betrayed by her parents and the parents of they themselves who forced her into a life as a peasant. Illynx pities her, wrongly perhaps, but it is woe for her predicament all the same…

And it makes her wish she had killed her, rather than brought her here. It is too painful to look upon the Gods’ mistakes.

"You will be freed when you have served your purpose," she says, her voice cold as ice encasing steel, horn gesturing to the stone walls that stood as the pale mare’s keeper, "and the stone is your purpose. You will dig it out, separating the earth from the metal. When you have gathered your weight in the gleaming veins of the earth you may leave, or if you are lucky enough to be saved." She pauses as if to leave, her frame turning away from the mutant and her eyes looking out on the beauty that is her home. A soft laughter fills the air after her first few steps, however, and she halts her escape to turn her head back to gaze almost playfully at the weak creature she has attained.

"Of course, you could always die. There is freedom in that, after all."

@[Luneia]

I'm more than a little curious how
you are planning to go about making your amends to the dead
with your halo slipping down, your halo slipping, your halo slipping down
slipping down to choke you now.

image by candy<3
Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Luneia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

L u n e i a
COME, TAKE A WALK IN MY SHOES...

The painted mare was just minding her own business, going about her daily doings, when yet again she was pounced upon. Tethering her to some unknown being, that clearly underestimated her. why they captured her was beyond her knowing. What was it she had they all seemed to want? Was it her unique pattering perhaps. or were they just greedy beings. perhaps the latter most likely. No one ever just want her for her looks. She didn't deem herself pretty or exactly girly at all. In fact she thought of it as a curse, tossed out of her own home, just because of some white stains that lingered upon her tapestry.
Now all she did was hide herself away from society, that and the fact she hated others, without even getting to know them, she hated all.

The dark mare pulled her along, jealousy coursed it's way through her veins. Such a dark beauty had fallen upon her, if only. The palour mare would have given her life to be that dark mistress. Liquid gold shimmered upon her coat. Even with such poor sight, the mare was utterly Jealous. What would this mare look like if she could only see so much clearer. Her skin tingled as heat rushed to the surface, anger boiling from deep within. Now she was pissed.

The pale mare snorted in derision a few times, just showing her frustration out loud. Slowly cooking in a boiling pot of hatred, soon she would lash out and either no good would come of it, or the dark mare would be taken by surprise.

The air became bitterly cold at some point, causing her skin to crawl. The short Iberian coat of her ancestors really did not do her any good right now. She was not one of the cold temperatures at all. She shivered once, almost like something had made the pale mares coat crawl. Stopping it before it got out of hand, or her dark captor saw her shaking. She was not weak, nor was she a push over. But they did not know this and better it was that way. All her childhood she had been pushes around, trodden on and dispelled from herds. No one simply wanted her.

A command to turn left, in other cases she would have put up a fight and ignored everything they asked of her. But here in this situation, in lands she clearly knew nothing about. She listened, turning left without so much of a pause and carried on her way, to where ever she was being taken. Not matter how much her conscious was screaming at her to lash out, to fight back and not surrender. However sometimes it is best to sit in the darkness and wait for the right moment to take charge and fight back.

They guided her headlong into a cave, a door way covered the entrance, with the ability to see in and out. This she guessed would be her residing for the time she was spending here. At least it was sheltered and wouldn't be as cold. But why.
The pale mare headed into the cave at a slow pace, eye's having to adjust being one main reason behind it, the other was in hopes to just piss of the dark mistress somewhat. Kicking out with hind legs as she went in, mostly due to her nervous disposition, her heart was racing wildly inside the bone cage.

Turning round to face her captor, a sly grin grew upon pink lips. "If you think I'm doing your dirty work, think again. I don't work for you, nor do I have too. For all I care, I'd rather die inside your shitty cave" She spat towards the dark mare, words formed like venom upon her lips. "You should have just killed me, Would have saved you from the pain that is to come" The pale mare laughed so piercing and wicked, hell itself would have frozen over.

"blah blah blah."

TASTEMYWORLD

The calmness of the journey north was broken as she moved to swing the gateway shut, her captives pale hooves flashing in the mountain light out towards the frame of the Gilded Blade, the unicorn’s lips rising into a rancorous expression that resembled a snarl as she recoiled from the oncoming blow while swinging the metal trap closed. In retrospect, the height of the buck had not been of much use as a combative method, but none the less, her imaginary hackles were raised as she glared hatefully through the iron bars at her captive, disliking the strangeness that the pale wench had displayed already.

It was bad enough that the bitch was of a bald face, no crown upon her head; that she was also seemingly broken in some ways before the insidious mare had ever laid a golden eye upon her roused devils within her heart that she chides subconsciously, stroking their snapping jaws with figurative fingers in hopes to ease their distress. The woman was not truly hers, before now; she cannot undo what has already been done.

But she can certainly ensure that it becomes worse.

Her snarl grows into an equally distasteful smirk in the face of the insolent grin on the face of her pet, the bitch letting a growl of sorts escape her lips in light of the words that fall from the smug earth wretch’s mouth. Her ears pin atop her delicately crafted skull, her elegant neck arching low and snaking her dark features nearer the bars, close enough to smell the stench of her victim as she cackles like a deranged animal caught in the throes of an iron trap. "What pain, unless you can cast your own onto me?" she sneers, her voice dark and dancing in the cold air with a dark twist of laughter to its notes, velveteen coat catching the white flakes of snow that drift lazily down to the blanket below, "You have nothing, and no one. It is why you are here."

Her will gathers, a vicious gleam gathering in the heart of her irises as she bores her gaze into the supple white features of Luneia, the doomed; arcs race along the length of her golden spire, white and bright blue and hot as flames as they build their electrical currents along her most favored feature. She is giggling to herself, though she does not know it, and her hoofs mindlessly prance beneath her as she sways to the silent song of the power that thrusts through her veins like undulating currents of the magic she is about to unleash on the fool has refused her initial, most kind offer.

"The stone will have you, one way or the other," she croons, lashes fluttering atop explosively golden eyes, whether it drinks your blood or your sweat, it will be fed; what will you chose? The bolt she unleashes from her gathered energy launches itself against the stone in a hopes to startle the wench, exploding in a million sparks that shower outwards from the blast, her laughter openly bleeding its sinful song into the air as she drifts out towards the vale, her lips parting in a whiny that reaches its feminine notes out across the mountains.

She has had a tremendously delightful idea, one which will make her tormenting of the hornless mare all the more fun and agonizing for the victim in question. The sparks that race along her horn fizzle away, her brilliantly illuminated eyes broad and full of a sinister joy, so devious her idea that she has been torn away from one her most favorite past times in order to better the game as a whole.

"Sir Ulrik, my most darling Engineer," she summons, "I have need of you!"

@[Ulrik]

image by candy<3
Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Ulrik the Engineer Posts: 235
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 hh :: 11 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kirchoff :: Common Hellhound :: Superspeed Tamme
Ulrik the Engineer

The Engineer had vaguely been aware of Illynx toting someone into the Basin at her tail, as his current location had been at the narrow entrance. He had been diligently working on the sentinels, but curiosity called him away, if only briefly. The goat-toed stallion easily wound his way to the barred cave he had made for Mauja long ago, the ice and snow crunching between his hooves. Birdsong was arriving quickly, he assumed, as mud cluttered his fetlocks and lower legs - or it could be from the fact that he had almost destroyed the ground beneath the sentinels with his movement.

"Fat."

Ulrik raised a brow and turned his head around at the hellhound who trotted at his heels, amused at the accusation. The stallion snorted. "Tell me what you really think," he added sarcastically before making his way over to where Illynx stood. Ironically, she had been calling for him, as the words from her lips called him darling and Sir, two words that had never been applied to him before. The effect was shocking, and he halted next to her, a little dumbfounded. Was she being sarcastic?

As he looked inside the prison, he saw a very irate looking equine mare, and he immediately furrowed his brows. What did she know? Would his identity be protected? The stallion's expression darkened, and his mad, glinting bronze eyes shifted from his Queen to the plain-faced thing inside of the cage. The last time he had attempted anything devious, d'Artagnan had been there to do whatever it was that asshole did. God hope that he was a better doctor than a fighter or everyone would die of papercuts.

"What can I do for you?" he asked, unable to take his eyes off of the abomination in the cell, though his posture was relaxed and his expression rather unreadable. None in this land knew of his penchant for the blood of the impure, at least that he knew of...

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Image by Nikkayla

(Please tag me in every post)

Her engineer came swiftly, dark and handsome as he always was, and she greets him with a gleaming smile that belies her roiling agitation with the hornless wench she has brought home. She takes note of the way he stares at the object she has confined in the prison, her smile gaining breadth as she observes the hidden nature of her mountain kin; while Ulrik had never openly shown or stated that he was of a volatile disposition as she was, she could only suspect it was so with his dark nature and how swiftly and with great exuberance he had accepted the task of forming the sentinels and that he had been present at the secret meetings once held under Psyche and Mauja.

Dutiful as usual, he offers her services to her, which grants a swift glance to the rat she holds in the prison before her golden eyes fall back onto the black and bronze stallion. "Would your metal magic allow you to, oh, implant something on her face to make her more attractive?" her grin is toothy and cruel, her giggles following the words less than cheerful and light hearted, "Not to mention far more submissive."

Allowing the sparks to accumulate along her horn, she grins all the more deviously as her point gleams blue and white in the valley along her features and golden sword. "I’ll let you keep her," she offers, most kindly; after all, she’d acquired the mare to help Ulrik in his projects, and she explains as much, "she’s here to mine her weight in iron and copper, as far as I’m concerned. Beyond that she has no uses to me."

[ OOC: Transferring possession of Luneia to Ulrik. Sorry for skipping ahead Eagle, but there are plans in motion that mean Illynx can't have a prisoner atm. :P ]
@[Luneia], @[Ulrik]

image by candy<3