the Rift

[OPEN] Some sort of creature [Egg discovery]

Beowulf Posts: 48
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18Hh :: 8 winters HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Mykah :: Canadian Lynx :: None Eaglecry
BEOWULF
"Lonely? I don't know. They tell me this is cold. I don't know what cold is, because I don't freeze"
</style>

The beast may have only just returned home, but that did not mean he was entitled to stay in the boundary's. He had yet to see more of the snow capped mountains. And what not a good time to do so when everything was just getting back into par. He could also help protect from any unwanted intruders all the same.
He walked the mountain path, his sides sometimes brushed the hard rocks as the way became tight. But that didn't bother him here, it was open aired and he didn't feel so trapped anymore.
Walking the snow covered mountainous path only made him think of home again. Wondering what could possibly happening back there. How his family was doing. He hoped they were all well, beyond all recognition. For if anything was happening out there, there was no possible way for him to know, or even do anything about it. His birthplace was behind him now, all his focus should be upon the Basin, that was his newly formed family now.
The Beast thought back to all those times as a young Colt, playing care free in the depths of the snow, not even a worry of the cold killing him. He was very well suited for such dramatic temperatures. Even as a young he was overly fluffy, all where in his home. Its what had kept them alive for so long now. He remembered playing as his parents both watched over him with a certain gaze in each their eye's. They had always been there for him, watching over him until he became the man he is now. But he had to leave the herd, it was not right for him to stick by them forever. And they knew this would come around one day for him. But they half expected him to have found a lover and create a herd of his own. But to Beowulf that was not what he wanted. the Beast wanted adventure.

The pathway rose gradually the further he went, rising higher and higher above the valley in which the herd found safety. Now glancing out over them like a guardian, perhaps this was his 'family' now, he felt inclined in protecting everyone within the walls.
Ears twitched suddenly as a rumble sounded around him. He knew that sound all to well from living in such a dangerous area all his life. Snow usually made that sound before breaking away and falling from the mountain tops or perhaps the rock face itself was breaking away. Audits listened intently as he wondered the torturous path. If an avalanche happened right above him, there would not be a good outcome, for there was not a place he would be able to find shelter along here. So he kept moving, never once looking back.
The sounds of shifting snow and ice, echoed all around him, keeping the Beast on his toes. He was alone out here, no one to hear his cries for help, perhaps he'd made a wrong decision in venturing out alone. Something he knew was dreadfully risky upon the mountains, yet he still chose to do so. Perhaps, If his luck was with him, he'd find a lone straggler out here. Maybe even Arah.

Something moved swiftly in the distance, heading up the rocky cliff face, The man blinked, wondering what could be out there. A mountain lion perhaps? Had he been so stupid as to forget about such creatures. The Lion would surely attack if it was hungry enough. The Beasts heart began to race, a natural occurrence in a prey animal. But he didn't seem to show this fear on his outer casing, so long now, he had lived in harmony with predators.

The way seemed to widen, the incline slowed ever so slightly and the Beast found himself in a kind of open aired field atop the mountain side. The view was spectacular, he could see for miles upon miles to his east and down to the west he could still manage to make out the boundaries of home.
Snow caught in the wind drifted off this platform, creating a place where it appeared no snow had fallen. A gust rolled between the two mountain sides, almost like it was carving out the area from rock. Clearing the place of snow. The beast wondered about for a little while, just enjoying the feel of the chill in the air, nimble fingers caressing his luscious mane, eye's squinted closed in harmony as he rose three prongs to the sky. The Beast stayed this way for some time, just enjoying the fresh air until he felt something hard bump one large feather covered hoove. Slowly the beast glanced down, orange orbs fell upon a smooth oval shaped rock that had somehow; rolled? towards him. Reached down he touched his maw to the stone, only to be taken back as it somehow seemed to shimmer a white hue.
Inclined, The Beast touched it once again and alas the same thing happened once more. This time he didn't pulled back from it, only ran his lips across the rock, attempting to examine it more closely. Oddly enough the stone felt warm somehow and at that, he felt suddenly set on caring for this rock, as mad as that sounded.

[OOC: Using my Normal companion pass for Beo. It shall hatch into a female Canadian Lynx , Her name shall be Mykah]
anyone welcome
"Speech"

Agrona Posts: 115
Hidden Falls Tiro atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Seven HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
Agrona

My muscles scream at me, curiosity and excitement only fueling the once more lot fire in my belly that craves exploration of the mysterious Helovia. Bright and early this morning I had crawled back down the deadly rock path that protects those gorgeous fields above our home. I had deceived to bed down there and go explore further on the next day; hopefully not into anything dangerous. I could surely be pushed around pretty damn easy right about now. Good news though: I've gained a little weight I think! My ribs aren't showing as bad.. But my hips and spine are still pretty obvious.

From atop that glorious hill I could see nothing but snow covered mountains and dips across the water way, and I knew immediately that I would find something interesting in there. Caves and hills were of no interest, but there had to be some odd creatures living in the snow, right? Abominable Snowman perhaps. Yeah, I had to check it out. So with heavy legs I pursue the mountains, following the water line until it disappeared and I began to adventure into unfamiliar land. Hours passed slowly until I finally began weaseling my way through rocky paths; alert eyes and ears more constantly, waiting to hear the ice snap everywhere around me. But nothing happens.

The rocks begin to spread apart from one another before breaking away into a small clearing, bitter Frostfall wind howling through the crack and books in the mountains and sending my creamy hair across my neck, forelock spinning around in my vision and cloaking both violet eyes for a moment. My ears flick backward and I shake my head, forelock spreading around again. All alone stands a monstrously huge stallion, three twisted horns spiraling from his massive head, the last broken of into painful looking points. Silently -besides the crunch of snow beneath light hooves- I press forward to examine the fuzzy beast. His large nose is pressed against a rock, orange eyes peering out behind thick hair.

A high pitched giggle echoes between close walls, ears sitting upright on either side of my twisted antlers. "What's that you have there, Mammoth?" The raspy, deep tone of my voice is the complete opposite of the young, cute laughter. Wild lilac eyes watch the furry creature with caution.

"talk talk talk"
Tagged: @[Beowulf]

The nights were mainly made

for saying things that you

can't say tomorrow day
Credits: code by Tamme | Image by Sarah | Stock Credits in the Link

Let me tell you something baby
You love me for everything you hate me for
[Image: 542f83afbdf08]
  • Please tag me in every post!

BEOWULF
"Lonely? I don't know. They tell me this is cold. I don't know what cold is, because I don't freeze"
</style>

A part of the Beast felt a lure towards this rock like object, very much unlike an egg in shape. He had bumped into another before who seemed to have found something very similar to this. And they too had taken it under their wing, taught him how to braid and taken the object away with them. Now it was the beasts turn to do just that same thing.
He may have been a large boy, but the egg too was quite large, so when he attempted to pick it up with his mouth it didn't quite work to his advantage. It just flopped about like a wet fish. Now he wasn't sure how to get this thing back home.
The man turned to see a dark, gazelle like lady, standing in the clearing. He had not seen or heard them arrive, but the dark horned beauty was there. Eye's peered with curiosity, watching her as they seemed to giggle. Were they laughing at him? could they find him funny looking. He felt suddenly protective over his rock, his always kind gaze turned to something of a more warning, a look that stated 'I'm watching you' and 'Don't step any closer'. If possible a growl would have escaped his lips.

The new feelings running through the beast, were making the guy feel strange, like he wasn't being himself. But he simply could not control the fact he wanted to protect this thing he had found, to die if it meant for it to live. "it is mine!" his voice bellowed through the air, deep and almost loud enough to create a shifting in the snow. Nostrils flared towards the mare, eye's became wider as he took a protective stance around his new found joy. "I am not a Mammoth, but a Beowulf" the tone in his voice was not kind, but it wasn't harsh either, it was with a warning. One he hoped they would not abuse. "what cause have you here and why?" he knew they were not of the basin, his family was a close bunch and even if he didn't know everyone, this one's scent was very different to theirs. They may have been unicorn in race however he saw them simply as an outsider. Too close to home territory to be doing just nothing.

"Speech"

[Image: beoicon_by_eagle_cry_designs-da14rlt.png][Image: 53377b251b35e]
*Please tag me in all posts. *Permission granted to cause bodily harm, use magic ect upon me. With the exception of death

Adoptable
Agrona

The stallion turned his massive skull, watching me with cautious yellow eyes, a sudden shot of hostility bursting in to the air with what may as well have been a shotgun blast; "It is mine. I am not a Mammoth, but a Beowulf." My much smaller body -in both width and height- tensed up at the hard echo off of the frozen walls all around us, my ears slamming back against the silky drape of hair. Dark lips peeled back, the tapering lace that runs between both nostrils crinkling with my skin. "Chill the fuck out Shaggy!" I retort harshly, not dropping my antlered head.

"What cause have you here and why?" My right ear twitches, causing me to flick it forward to listen to the massive stallion's strange way of speaking. Why am I here? I allow a tight hold of air to rumble through rattling nostrils, clouds of steam billowing into the moving air. "Why does it matter? This isn't your land." I hiss, violet eyes now narrowing at the stud. Massive amounts of hair hang off of his -likely, though I can't really tell- thick neck, a thick feline-like tail also draped in huge amounts of hair hangs from his backside. Everything about this "Beowulf" -right?- is huge.

But what if this is his land? What if he inhabits this waste land just like we had controlled the swamp lands. My left ear now follows and I tilt my dual horned skull to the right, eyes still narrowed curiously "Or is this your land?" I question, sizing him up just incase he decides to throw his weight at me. Really, he could crush me just with one of those huge hooves; one knock in the head and I'd be out, but I refuse to show him that I am intimidated at all. The cold wind makes the next few breaths difficult and my hide to shiver against unusually chilly air. That rock that he'd tried to get a hold of, what is it, and why is it all the way up here?

"talk talk talk"

can't say tomorrow day

"Chill the fuck out Shaggy!""Chill out!" He retorted back. Chill out?! He mumbled again to himself, how dare she tell him to chill out, and Shaggy? Now that was just rude. "Speak for yourself, Bitch. At least I will not freeze if left outside in the rain" No one ever called him shaggy. Not anyone had called the Beast shaggy before, so now when this frail creature had done just that. The large man had found a anger deep inside of him boil up and raise suddenly. His nose dropped and three sharply tipped horns pointed in her direction, If she so chose to spear herself, then the Beast would not feel ashamed, he'd simply cease it to be an accident, A slip of her hoove.

He watched her with beady orange eye's, following her every move, down to the twitch of her ears. He was readying himself for when or if they so chose to attack. Though that seemed unlikely, he was much bigger than her, in every way, it's likely she'd hurt herself more running at him. But still the Beast kept up his gaurd. He may have treated everyone with the same level of respect, though that did not mean the Beast trusted all he came by, that was not something he just threw around with pride. Only those that deserved trust could claim his.

"It matters to me what business you have here" He hissed back at her and as if the rock could sense his unease, it bumped into his leg. As if it was warning him of the way he was being, or maybe the opposite. For a brief moment he looks away from his opponent, glancing down to the earth toned rock at his feet, watching it as it seemed to.. Wiggle?

"If i were to say that this is my land and you are trespassing, what would you do about that?" He asked carefully, the anger that was once there was now gone from his voice. Why should it matter to her if this was his place or not, One would only ask of that if they had dirty intentions. Right?

The Beast suddenly snorted, having felt something sharp jab him in his leg, caught him of guard. In the short time of not paying attention to the egg shaped rock, the thing had broken into many pieces and out from that object had hatched a tiny ball of fur and claws and because Beowulf was the first thing it had seen, a connection was instantly bonded between the two. The Beast could sense hunger, but his belly was full. Glancing down to his left leg he saw the tiny kitten hiding in all the feathers upon his leg. A gentle smile tugged at his lips and he reached down towards the tiny thing, only to have it's claws latch onto his face, and pulling away did no good for it hung onto him more, its almost white eyes staring right into his own. "Mykah" He whispered and the kitten seemed to wiggle with a playful joy at that sound.

So the rock had been an egg after all, and now Beowulf had someone else life to care for, forgetting all about the problem that was confronting him.

”Speech Speech.”

@[Agrona]
::OOC- Felt like it has been far to long for it not to hatch. sorry for the very long awaited reply ;_;

Love tames the benumbed beast.

*Please tag me in all posts. *Permission granted to cause bodily harm, use magic ect upon me. With the exception of death

Adoptable
Agrona

Whatever it was that got shoved -no, crammed- up this big motherfucker's ass must have been sharp and pointy, because he was acting like a complete prick. Whether he was mimicking me or just didn't have anything clever to say when he told me to "chill out" I'm not sure, but all I could do was raise both eyebrows in false surprise. "Speak for yourself bitch, at least I will not freeze out in the rain!" "Really?" I scoffed, a small giggle following close behind. "Would you like me to pull that stick from your ass?" A infectious laugh now erupted from my breast, and for some reason I really thought this was hysterical.

I was just about to respond to his next -now apparently soft-hearted- question, but that fucking thing next to him is wobbling! Shaggy didn't seem to take any real interest in it, again questioning my presence, but I could only watch as the shell of this egg began to splinter open and fall apart, eventually revealing a soft looking cub; she was tiny already, but in comparison to Shaggy's gigantic hoof, she looked even more so.

A warm smile spread across my dark lips, horned crown dropping closer to the lynx's level, but I did not dare move any closer; Mammoth here would likely have my throat. Maybe this is what was putting him in such a bad mood! His massive nose touched the sleepy looking little cat and my heart nearly exploded. Watching such a huge asshole suddenly turn into a mushy gelding nearly blew me over. "Mykah." He announced to the cat, her little paws reaching out and latching onto his snout. I giggled again, that girly sound now soft rather than creepy. "Well look at that." I murmured, taken back by the size difference.

"talk talk talk"

can't say tomorrow day

BEOWULF
</style>

What was once anger, now receeded into the friendly manour of which the beast had a bountiful. The tiny creature clung to his face, staring with that feline grin spread across such a delicate face. The smile spread like a virus to the trio; once a duo. the lady's laughered filled the air and Beo chuckled softly, his breath must have tickled the cub for she squirmed with a tiny sound, claws dug deeper into his face. The beast shook his head and snorted with the new feeling of the claws attached to him. if they were going to be bonded then he would have to teach her some manors first... thats if she even understood him. The cub seemed to understand something then for she made a sound, not quite a meow or bark yet, for she was far too young. Instead it was just a small squeak of a sounding, just making the furball seem even more cute.

The mare was closer to them both now, but there was no spitting of words between them anymore. It was all but forgotton on his part, if she had too he wouldn't really know, for he could not read her mind. But apparently he could Mykahs. The cub was still hungry and what they ate he did not know. Infact he barely knew how to care for anyone else but himself. hewould have to head back to the safety of the Basin and ask someone there if they knew anything. Unless she did.

Upon lowering his head to the ground so Mykah could find her feet, he rose his head to glance upon the mare. the first thing he noticed upon actually taking a look, were the violet she glance from within. "Perhaps you could help me ma'am" he asked with a slight bow. Just the complete opposite of what she had witnessed just moments before. This was the real Beowulf now, his polite ways shininy through all else, when they mattered.

Mykah lay upon the ground, at just moments old she was not walking, but her eyes were already open. Soon the cub would be running alongside him, wreaking havoc whereever she went. Just the purity of her eyes alone one could see that gleam, the one that held mischeivious behaviour and curiosity. This was the beginning of many adventures and life lessons for the two.

"Speech"
@[Agrona]

Adoptable
Agrona

The small feline clung onto Shaggy's face for dear life before she was finally okay with retracting her -surely- sharp little claws and being shaken off of his blue snout. Something about the tiny little life had made us both stop in our tracks and turn into putty; perhaps it was those bright eyes. Whatever it was, it even touched the Beast's voice when he spoke back up: "Perhaps you could help me ma'am." My ears cupped forward and my skull lifted back into the air. "'Ma'am'? Just a second ago I was a trespassing bitch." My eyebrows furrowed at him, but I couldn't allow myself to get worked up again in front of this little cat. Witnessing the death of someone by your gargantuan father probably isn't a healthy start.

Violet pools dropped back down to the squeaking lynx, her fuzzy little coat looking soft enough to sleep on. A sigh begins my sentence, "Fine. But only if I get to play with it." Even though I had no idea what a lynx of her age would prefer, I looked around, glancing over both shoulders to find something easy to kill. Who am I kidding though, we're in a mountain range with nothing but snow and ice. Without a word, I slipped from our tiny meeting and was off to attempt to kill a tiny creature. It wouldn't be as easy as another horse.. They're usually easier to watch than something thirty times smaller than myself. "Keep her warm!" I call over a shoulder before finding the remains of my tracks.

I wander off back toward where I came from, blinking hard against stray, wild flakes of snow, watching for anything live to cross my path. The walls begin to taper in once more and the wind is cut off by the massive mountains on either side of me. A decent ten minutes goes by before I spot an ugly bird taking shelter in a small crevice of the hill side. Without question, a small rear is needed to slam my hoof into it's sleepy skull, crushing it against the rock. Blood and brain matter squish out of it's destroyed head, oozing down the wall slowly. "Sorry." I giggle, releasing my weight and allowing the creature to fall to the ground with a heavy thud.

A few minutes later, I found my way back to Shaggy and the adorable little cat, the bird dangling from between velvet lips from a dry black leg, it's talons still wrapped together as if it was reaching out for a good grip. Thud, the bird's on the frozen ground before the surely hungry cup. "Ta da!" I want to spit and lick up a mouthful of snow to get the idea of the raptor out of my mouth, but instead I am now disappointed in how tiny the bird is now that I look at it next to these dish-plate feet. At least Myka is tiny and will be easily satisfied for a while.

"talk talk talk"

can't say tomorrow day