the Rift

Where is she [rehovah, open]

Quiach Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The slender, long-legged stallion was motionless against the trees, a dark smudge between the thick tree trunks. He was at home here, with the drone of the buzzing bees, quieter without Tallsun, but still in here- the birds chirping in the rustling branches, the trickle of water from a tiny creek. Quiach was a very thin, Thoroughbred-type unicorn. He moved through the trees with lethal grace, a dark liver chestnut shadow against the rippling golden shafts of light. Golden dapples splashed his lower flanks, and a white sock broke the unmarred near-black on his right fore. Unseen, hidden by his long dark forelock, a gleaming star was nestled between his eyes, but most of the star, except for a ring, was hidden by the horn. A black, ribbed, thin, spiraling unicorn's horn. The handsome stag paused, nostrils flaring delicately to test the air.

He was from a land just past Anarore, and he had travelled quietly through dark forests and open plains. He was not a horse most remembered, and few felt any like for his strange, erratic ways. Quiach snorted, flicking his long tail. It was something similar to a lion's tail, except instead of a thick tuft on the end, long shimmering waves of hair fell from beneath the corded muscle. It helped the graceful stallion balance easily, and also gave him a very mystical air.

A bluejay scolded from a tree, chirping insistently as it stared upon the unicorn. Quiach eyed it uneasily, taking a couple of steps away. Where was the one he was looking for, his lover? Rehovah, the white mare of the skies. How strange that he, one who often looked down upon the winged horses, had fallen in love with one. And how strange that she had let herself to be fallen with one with no wings and only strange charm.

[ooc: so I was thinking maybe we could start off they already love each other, but they haven't seen each other in a long time?]

Rehovah Posts: N/A
Unregistered

REHOVAH
"Learn from yesterday,enjoy today,and imagine tomorrow."

piZap.com free online photo editor, fun photo effects
piZap.com fun and easy photo editing">

[ooc:I'll try]Rehovah daintily picked her way through the leaf-covered threshold.Up ahead she saw thick bushes.She knew she couldn't easily pick her way through those.She backed up,trying to get a head start.She lifted up her wings,ran,and she was in the sky.The wind blew through her mane and her coat,and not hot wind from the Tallsun,cold wind from the Orangemoon.It was the start of fall,Rehovah's favorite season besides winter.Rehovah saw a V of geese migrating.Their loud honks echoed across the sky as if Rehovah was in a cave.
Up ahead she saw Quiach."Hello,"she said."You must be Quiach."He was dark brown.Lithe,handsome,charming and graceful,he was the perfect mate.He was quiet and random,like Rehovah.
"Manipulative"

Unregistered
"Rehovah," Quiach sighed in pleasure, taking a step forward. The pegasus was a pure, pure white, bright and clean and smelling like a breath of fresh air with a touch of mint. Her wings were huge, grafted smoothly to her Arabian-like, delicate body. She spoke softly with a warm greeting. How he had missed her, so so much. So much.

"I've missed you more than I would miss my horn. When was it when we last saw each other?" He reached forward, muzzle extending to brush her delicately sculpted face.

Unregistered
"Quiach."Rehovah looked into his eyes."It has been unbearable not being able to see you for so long.Where have you been?It was 3 years since I last saw you."Rehovah knew that he would sometimes stay alone for long periods of time.But she didn't think it would be 3 years before she finally got to see him.She was so glad to see him.She thought he had abandoned her.Maybe he had gotten banned or driven away.Maybe he was beaten in a fight and had to leave....But he was back now.Quiach,Rehovah's faithful,long-lost lover was back.Rehovah was once again safely in his arms.

Now on this perfect day Rehovah had the liberty,the freedom to see him once again.She relished in his attention.She couldn't wait until they could go home.But what if he had been outlawed?If he was an outlaw they both would have to leave Helovia.That was probably why he had chose Helovia's Threshold to meet.Rehovah really didn't want to leave Helovia.....But she would leave Helovia if it was for Quiach.She had finally found Quiach.She would never allow herself to lose him again.She would never let him leave her sight for as long.

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
Official Warning

Quiach, your word count is below the 100 word minimum requirement. This is your first official warning.

Unregistered
Quiach reached forward, grooming her gently at her withers. He paused, looking at her. "Experiments. Searching. Still trying to understand the language of birds, unfortunately. But I've discovered so much- like why leaves fall, and howl of the wolves, and the reason water is clear or dark. I've learned about why moss only grows where the sun doesn't normally shine, why unicorns have horns, and, well... a lot. I've done quite a bit of exploring too. You know me and my 'insatiable' curiousity," Quiach smiled, carefully tilting his head so as not to scrape her beautiful wings with his slender, skeletal-looking black horn. Sunshine glowed softly down on them, sparkling on Quiach's quarters. It seemed to ripple over his dapples like waves.

"What have you been doing? I thought I might at least see you around here. I don't suppose you've joined a herd, have you?"

Unregistered
Yes,Rehovah knew Quiach.Her curious,scientific,extraordinary lover seemed to be quite lonely,actually.She had missed his ravings about his new discoveries,his queer way of just describing everything.Rehovah knew his strange ways.She still yet had hope to take him out of his shell full of wisdom.Was he afraid to mess up?Is that why he was so solitary?Rehovah scratched his withers just as he scratched hers.So cute.

Rehovah sighed at the word "herd".She was still skeptical,not wanting to join a herd quite yet.Just something about it....She thought that if she joined a herd she would have to give up exploring with her mate.She loved adventure and she loved getting into trouble,just to get out of it without a scratch.Trouble was her middle name,besides adventure."No.I haven't joined a herd.I have just been.....exploring and well,....learning I guess.It's hard to explain.If I join a herd,won't I be seperated from you?Because if I joined a herd,I would join the Throat.I just don't know."

And Rehovah really didn't know.She liked learning things.Queer things,like Quiach's studies.Why did leaves turn red,gold,and brown and fall from their trees?Why did hummingbirds have such queer,yet beautiful features?Why did snow fall?Why did rain drop?Rehovah had had so many questions about so many things ever since she had met Quiach.

Unregistered
"Hm." Quiach sighed softly, and plucked a stray twig out of the mare's feathers. He allowed his mind to wander, trying to collect all the information he had heard about Dragon's Throat. Pegasus-oriented. Strong leader. Respectful but not particularly caring of other species, most likely. Did they accept unicorns? They might. "Well, I'm not sure either. I wouldn't want to join any herd at the time, but protection is a useful ally. And unfortunately, the World's Edge is not willing to accommodate pegasi. As for the wind-tossed foothills, we would both be out of place, no matter how kind horses may be to us." Quiach fell silent again. Maybe, just maybe, if they travelled to the Dragon's Throat they may accept me. Rehovah is almost garunteed, I'm sure. "But I'm not sure... really. Maybe... I don't even know. I feel like our travelling is so limited without being part of a herd. Unless we want to be outcasts, but I'm not certain about that. It's just like the dilemma of a bird trying to seek protection. Nest in the trees or take flight? And I'm still don't get along very well with most others. Distasteful beings they are that think science is a waste of time. Or that I'm too quiet," Quiach snorted, tossing his head. It was true, he supposed- this was the first time he had spoken since he and Rehovah had split apart. He wasn't much of a speaker, more of a listener. But if you were also speaking, you forgot to listen to the whisper of the trees, the trill of the songbird, the howl of the wolf. You forgot to see the hungry wolf, the delicate fawn, the rolling hills.

Unregistered
Rehovah knew what Quiach said was true.They would have tough going if they became outcasts,but if only the worlds edge accepted peggihs."Quiach,would you be willing to join the Dragon's Throat herd?I would,but what about you?I here they accept unicorns if you have good potential,"Rehovah said.But she knew Quiach had a slim chance of joining any herd.Ecspecially the throat herd.They would say he was to quiet or ask him if the gods had taken his wings away.Maybe,but what if they didn't?She and Quiach could live happily together in the throat,and maybe....have a foal?Maybe.But was Rehovah rushing it?

"Do we really even want to join a herd?I'm so confused.Should we ask the gods?"Rehovah really didn't know.She was so uncertain.Would she ever be able to live a happy life with her mate?Would they be able to join a herd?Would the herd accept them,take them in?Rehovah had made her decision.She would do anything as long as she could be with Quiach.She had missed him so duing those long months.She just wanted to be with him.So much.She wanted to run with him,to have an amazing time.To have a foal.To find a home.

But it just wasn't that easy.So many doubts,so many questions.Yet so many answers and so many decisions.Rehovah wondered if this would ever work out.

Unregistered
"Well..." Quiach hesitated, flicking his long tail uncertainly. He looked into Rehovah's big, beautiful warm eyes, looking for what she wanted. It was unfair to hold her back- if she wanted to join a herd, he would happily go with her. They could try, at the very least. Hopefully, he might just be accepted. Maybe. There was nothing wrong with trying. And just because they joined a herd, or if they were accepted, doesn't mean they have to stay constantly at the Dragon's Throat. They could still travel to the unknown wilds together. They could be safe with the herd, sheltered from harm. Even if he was always stuck on the ground, he would be with Rehovah. "We can try," Quiach decided, curling up his long lion-like tail. "No harm in trying, Ree." Quiach nuzzled her gently. If they were lucky. He would go to the ends of the world to be with her. If she wanted to settle down, he wouldn't complain. He would be happy in a hostile herd as long as Rehovah was there. Quiach's cloven hooves crinkled the soft beds of moss beneath them. "I suppose we should get moving then." Quiach looked at her wings. "Do you mind walking with me for a while before flying?"

((ooc: do you want to create a thread in the dragon's throat? you can say Quiach is with rehovah, and then I'll join. and quiach has left the thread o.o))

Unregistered
OOC:I'll make a new thread in the throat and by the way I love the nickname "Ree"^^