the Rift

[OPEN] Things Change [Hatching]

Merida Posts: 49
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3 :: Three Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Miles :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Emily

Merida
Chase the Wind and Touch the Sky

I had left the Threshold to explore, seeing as the paint mare who found me had suddenly dissapeared. No matter. I have been on my own with little help from the Old Mare since I was born. It would not matter now if I was alone. For two weeks I have watched after this strange little orb that met me upon entering Helovia. I long to know what it is, but as long as I keep it close I know it will be safe. After all, what harm could come out of it?

Today was like any other cold FrostFall day. I wished for trees, to keep the blanket of snow off my back. This meadow however had running water in some places, other were totally frozen over. Could BirdSong get here any sooner? Anyway, back to my point. It was a normal day. I lay curled up in the dried thistles, trying to keep both myself and the orb cold when it started to tremble. I just stared at first. Then the more it shook I started to get frightened. Had I been wrong? Was this thing dangerous after all? I stood up and continued to watch until there was a burst of bright light. I closed my eyes tightly, even turning my face away.

When I looked back I was surprised to see a furry brown creature staring up at me with eyes that mirrored my own. His body was marked in mostly brown with a little bit of white under his chin and belly, and the green also marked his ears and tails. He had many tails, six to be exact. I'm not sure what he is, but he moves towards me quickly. I just stand there, something feeling different. I feel hunger, but I can tell it is not my own hunger. "Is it you? You hungry?" The creature made an excited noise. Well... it looked like what the Old Mare called a fox so made it would eat the same things. Quickly I dug into the snow, and down into the dirt. We were in luck! Many bugs and worms squirmed around trying to get back into the warm ground.

"What am I going to call you?" I thought for a moment. What was the name of that Old Mare's son.... Oh yea! "What about Miles?" At the sound of the name the fox creature looked up at me. "Miles it it... Guess we need to find somewhere warmer...." But where would we go from here?

"blah blah blah."

(Open to all, tagging Tyradon incase Snowwy wants to post. This is open to all)
@[Tyradon]

Tyradon Posts: 106
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2 :: 14 Buff: NOVICE
Cynder :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath Snow

TYRADON && CYNDER
"He needs proper meat, not insects."

The beast's voice is a stacatto rumble, accompanied by the thud of his massive hooves as he approaches the filly and her new hatchling. His curiosity had been piqued when Cynder had informed him that there was an egg close by, almost ready to hatch; hoping it would be a dragon, the warlord had approached. Looking down, though, the creature bore a far greater resemblance to Confutatis' kitsune than any kind of draconic being, although it appeared to have more tails than Mongrel - how queer.

He looks at the filly - she is equine, as she should be, devoid of any hideous protuberances. She is large, draft-looking, but still young - she has the potential to grow into something fine, especially now she has a companion. But he fears that her youth will make caring for her new bonded difficult; Tyradon remembers well how hard it had been hunting for Cynder when he was but a couple of months old himself. Obligingly the green war-dragon takes to the skies, returning a few moments later with a fat, dead rat clutched in her talons. She swoops down to the newborn kitsune, chattering happily as she drops the rodent at his paws and nudges it closer with her muzzle, intelligent yellow eyes locked on the fox's face.

[ we are made of greed ]
[ the regime ]

Merida

"He needs proper meat, not insects." The deeper voice startled me, even though it really shouldn't of. I quickly turned to face the larger stallion. My emerald eyes try to take him all in. He was huge! I seem so tiny compared to him. His advice rings true as Miles looks up at me. I can still feel his hunger, but I do not understand how.... After all, I knew nothing about being bonded. My mother had barely had time to tell me of my Uncle Aaron and Helovia.... Her last breath was that she loved me and passed on her amulet. In the light, it shined slightly on its silver chain.

After a few moments of silence, I speak to him. "How do you know, what he needs to eat? Why can I feel hunger but it's not mine?" I needed someone to explain it all to me. This was a new world, and I knew nothing about any of it. I didn't even know what this amulet around my neck meant.

That was when the green dragon arrived. She had been here before, but I really had not noticed at first. She dropped a big dead rat in front of Miles, and he eagerly jumped at it. It was messy but it was not long before the baby had finished eating and procceded to climb up my leg onto my back where he fell asleep soon after. What a strange creature, but I had high hopes that this stallino could tell me more.

"blah blah blah."

@[Tyradon]

Hidden Account

TYRADON && CYNDER
His stern features crease into the smallest of smiles at her questions - oh, he remembers asking similar things during his own youth. "I know because he is a carnivore, like my own companion here, Cynder." The dragon coos her greeting, beating her wings to flutter back to Tyradon's thick shoulder after imparting her meaty gift to the kitsune. He had hunted for her during her time in her egg, as instructed by his father, who had also found a dragon egg during his days as a colt. The beast well remembers how it had felt to end the lives of rats and birds to prepare a feast for his soon-to-be companion, and remembers watching in awe as the hatchling gobbled up every morsel he had painstakingly caught for her.

Her second question is one that it took him a while to get used to when he first bonded with Cynder - the mental connection is both daunting and thrilling. He had initially rejected the notion of having such close mental contact with another living being, but had quickly embraced it and now could not imagine living without it. "You feel his hunger because you are mentally bonded now. You will be able to communicate between your minds, and feel each other's thoughts and emotions." He doesn't mention that she will be able to feel the pain every time her bonded takes a hit in battle - he doesn't mention the terror she will feel at the idea of her soul-partner getting harmed in any way. Cynder rests her handsome head on his shoulder, exhaling in a puff of smoke as she continues to peek curiously at the kitsune, twitching as she fights the urge to initiate play.

The stallion looks back to the filly with a small frown. "Where is your mother, girl?" he asks her. She does not even look like a yearling - she should have a dam nearby, eager to protect her from the advances of strange men with seemingly innocent intentions.

[ we are made of greed ]
[ the regime ]

Merida

She relaxed a bit as he slightly smiled. "I know because he is a carnivore, like my own companion here, Cynder." Her curiousity peaked of course as she watched the green. Her emerald eyes seemed to match the color of the lizard like companion. "What is Cynder? She looked so different from Miles..." At the sound of his name the baby kitsune perked up, waking from his short nap. Curiously he moved up to the filly's withers, interested in the goings on around him.

It wasn't long after that the steed answered her other question. "You feel his hunger because you are mentally bonded now. You will be able to communicate between your minds, and feel each other's thoughts and emotions." Thier minds were connected? Well that was interesting... As if to answer the kitsune pressed images into her mind of inside the orb. Images of meeting her in the Threshold. It startled the filly, but she held still. "Now I get it..."

When the stallion next spoke, it made the filly frown. "Where is your mother, girl?" She sighed. "She's dead, not long after my birth... All I have of her is this amulet." She dipped her muzzle towards her chest where an emerald amulet hung from the silver chain. "I do not know much, only that her name was Sakura.... She was born here in Helovia... " She decided not to give up that she knew of her uncle's name... That would wait.

Meanwhile Miles crawled up her neck to rest his little head on top of her's, his eyes staring at the older bonded pair. He was curious, and wanted to know more about them. He could already see into his bonded's mind. Within minutes of his birth he knew all there was to know of her short life. He also knew that as he got older, he would need to protect her.

"blah blah blah."

@[Tyradon]

Hidden Account

TYRADON && CYNDER
He flashes a quick, toothy grin. "Cynder is a dragon. Where I come from, they were the only creature you could bond to - and only equines like us were priveleged enough to be able to do so." Ah, a simpler time, a time before the lesser species could break the minds of other lesser animals and bend them to their will - those poor beasts. It makes him ill. But his furious musings are cut off when the filly speaks of her mother, and his blood runs cold - he knows that name, and he remembers that amulet. He puts a face to it, and is treated to a series of flashbacks - lust and passion, writhing bodies and the creation of something inside her waiting, ripe body.

Well, damn.

His expression freezes, silver gaze looking between the filly and her companion, then twisting to eye Cynder, who is chuckling smugly to herself from her perch on his back. Although she doesn't form the exact words, he gets the distinct impression that she's thinking something along the lines of this is what happens when you don't keep it in your pants. "How old are you, girl?" he asks, voice sharp. Numbers aren't his strong point, but for her to be his she would have to be around five or six months old - any older or younger and his own seed isn't the reason for this child's existence.

[ we are made of greed ]
[ the regime ]

Merida

"Cynder is a dragon. Where I come from, they were the only creature you could bond to - and only equines like us were priveleged enough to be able to do so." A dragon? The girl looked more curiously at the green lizard that was bonded to the stallion. She totally missed the freezing of his face at her words about her mother. Miles however did not miss a beat. He infact crawled farther up the young filly's neck to stand between her ears. There was a couple times he almost lost his balance, until he finally backed up down her neck to rest. "Can others bond with dragon? Or just other creatures? How come I didn't get a dragon?" So many questions, from a filly full of curiousity.

"How old are you, girl?" At this Merida perked up. "About six months..." Her eyes looked to the stallion again, curious. What was he thinking... Was he going to try and hurt her? Nervously the filly backed up, her nervousness manifesting in the emotions of the baby kitsune. He fussed and backed down the girl's neck, his tails swishing back and forth. He was suddenly becoming very protective, something the filly did not understand. No one had ever been protective of her before. "Why do you want to know my age?" Her voice trembled. She knew full well he could kill her in an instant if he wanted to. He could do anything really, to hurt her. Miles was only a baby, and he was trying to protect her.... Not like he could... In fact she should be protecting him... Not the other way around.

"blah blah blah."

Hidden Account

TYRADON && CYNDER
He shakes his massive head. "No, mercifully only equines can bond to dragons - they would not sully their minds by bonding to the lesser species. As for why you do not have a dragon...it is entirely down to chance." He is sure kitsunes have their own plus points, but he would not exchange his jade war-dragon for the world. She is his, beholden to him for eight years and loved more than his own limbs.

The talk of dragons comes to an abrupt end when the girl reveals her age - it all adds up. His blood runs cold, and Cynder continues to chuckle smugly on his back, forcing him to resist the urge to give her an admonishing nip as he would a misbehaving filly. Of course, it isn't necessarily a bad thing that there is a child of his loins in Helovia - she is young, bonded to a companion and easily malleable to the whims of the Regime with the correct tuition. It is simply a shock, but not an entirely adverse one. "I met your mother a while back - she may have mentioned me. My name is Tyradon." He falls silent, scanning her face to judge for a reaction. If her mother had told her of her sperm donor rather than leaving him as a nameless, faceless beast, then she would likely show some reaction to him appearing in front of her. If not...then he would have the enjoyable job of dropping that particular bombshell.

[ we are made of greed ]
[ the regime ]

Merida

"No, mercifully only equines can bond to dragons - they would not sully their minds by bonding to the lesser species. As for why you do not have a dragon...it is entirely down to chance." Her head turns curiously. Lesser species? "What is a lesser species?" Miles's feelings seemed sad about her second question however. Mentally she thought to him, testing out the newly formed bond Not that I don't love you, I just wanted to know why I am different. He seemed soothed by this, and contently moved back down the girl's neck to sleep a bit more. After all, she was relaxing in the big stallion's presence. Surely he couldn't be that bad? Right?

However his next words surprised her. It seemed like he paused for a long moment after she spoke her age. Had she said something wrong? Her frame tensed, ready to flee should the stallion attack. Miles woke back up feeling the emotions of his bonded and curled up into her mane. It would be easier to hold on to to say the least. His next words however surprised Merida. "I met your mother a while back - she may have mentioned me. My name is Tyradon." Her eyes lit up. "You knew my mother?! What was she like? Was she bonded too?" Quickly she stopped herself before speaking again. "No... She didn't have time to mention much.... Before she died... Just that she was from Helovia, and that I may have family here.." She looked to her chest, the amulet. "She gave me this, hoping it would keep me safe till I find family.... Or a place to call home..."

"blah blah blah."

Hidden Account

TYRADON && CYNDER
Any chance to preach his racist views is one he seizes on gratefully - any opportunity to indoctrinate the naiive minds of youth. "Unicorns and pegasi. Their minds are stunted, inferior." He says it matter-of-factly, as though commenting on the weather rather than condemning two entire races to death simply because of what they look like. Because, to him, it is gospel; there can be no other point of view other than the one he has had drilled into him from an early age, shallow and biased as it may be.

She speaks of her mother, and it transpires that she did not mention Tyradon before her untimely death - the girl asks for a description, and the beast shifts uncomfortably. How can he say he paid little attention to the mare save for what it took to bed her and sate his carnal lusts? Instead he says what he can remember, which is largely her appearance. "To my knowledge no, she wasn't bonded. She was...smaller than myself, cream in colour. Very attractive." He didn't know her for long enough to gain a knowledge of her personality, but from what he had gathered, she seemed like a perfectly good-natured young mare. He wonders if this youngling will take after her mother, or whether the greedy mind of her sire can bend her to his whims and mould her into his vision of perfection. "I'm not the best at situations like this - however from what you've said, and going by the time I, ahem, knew your mother, I have reason to believe I may be your father." He falls silent, waiting for her to digest that little pearl of information.

[ we are made of greed ]
[ the regime ]

Merida

I listen as he speaks, taking in every bit he says. "Unicorns and pegasi. Their minds are stunted, inferior." He puts an emphasis on inferior that made me want to know even more. "Why are they inferior to us?" Miles moved about on my back, almost as if he was pacing. How little I knew about taking care of myself, and now I had two of us to look out for. Well, if I made it this far, I'm sure I can handle feeding two.... Especially now that I knew what he liked to eat.

He was quiet for a time, and in that time I watched the jade dragoness that all this time had looked as if she was laughing. Did she know something I did not? Miles noticed the shift in the stallion's stance, before he fixed his gaze back on the newly bonded pair. He spoke, answering the question I had asked. "To my knowledge no, she wasn't bonded. She was...smaller than myself, cream in color. Very attractive." So I was already ahead of what my mother had. I am bonded, and maybe even going to be taller. I guess that depends on my father's genes...

What he had to say next well, changed everything completely. "I'm not the best at situations like this - however from what you've said, and going by the time I, ahem, knew your mother, I have reason to believe I may be your father." Wait.... WHAT?! My eyes must of gone wide, as I feel Miles tense on my back. No no, it's okay. I quickly sooth him in my mind, hoping he understands. He seems to, as I feel him relax some. I stood in shock for a while, not saying a word. I suddenly go from having no family, other than a name of an Uncle.... To having a Dad.... Whoa. "You're, my Dad?" My eyes stare into his silver gaze, wondering what to do now. I have so many questions, and I don't even know where to begin. Finally the one that bugged me the most burst from my mouth before I could stop it. "Why didn't you stay to see me born? Why did you leave us?" Did my mother mean nothing to him? Did I mean nothing?

"blah blah blah."

ooc: @[Tyradon] tagging because I haven't replied in a while, but wanted to wrap this up soon

Hidden Account
I know we said we'd let this go dead but wanted to add another post for closure <3

TYRADON && CYNDER
Silver eyes narrow, one refined brow lifting. "They just are," he says, because he can think of no other explanation - it is simply fact, gospel, and any daughter of his must learn as such. Cynder continues to nestle into his back, svelte frame coiled with flame-tipped tail dangling dangerously across the beast's side, occasionally scorching the top layer of his fur.

The warrior watches as Merida's eyes grow wide, a wry smile appearing at the corner of his muzzle. "I think I am," he says. Of course, there's the chance her mother bedded somebody else soon before or after Tyradon, yet he somehow doubts that - plus there's something in the filly that reminds him of himself, which makes it clear to him at least that she is of his loins. Her question causes the hellion to look away, almost shamefaced - he always made an effort to raise his children, but Merida's dam had been different. He had lost his home, he had a newborn dragon again...fatherhood had been the last thing on his mind. "I was in a bad place when I met your mother - perhaps I should have stayed. I will make it up to you now, though." He looks at her, gaze intense as Cynder shifts on his back, detecting his thoughts even before he says them aloud. "I must leave now, but we will meet again and I will raise you to be what you should be." A soldier - he merely needs to speak with the Regime and ensure there's a space for a young filly.

[ we are made of greed ]
[ the regime ]