the Rift

[OPEN] To Learn From Others [Healers]

Kiara Posts: 171
Deceased atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 13.2hh :: 5 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Keiran :: Black Panther :: Stormcall Emily

To become an earth medic, the roan girl knew she would need to know more about herbs than she already did.... Oh why did she have to go and hide when they were trying to teach her as a nurse about them? Oh, that's right.... She had been heavy with Malachi at the time. Keiran yowled at her side as her hooves carried her from the Falls back to the Edge.

It was a hard sight to take in, the broken wall. The wall Kahlua had worked so hard to make to protect them. Even the wall of strong glass could not withstand the darkness. That was it then. She gave up on Breeze being okay... He would be dead, or worse.... With a sigh she moved to just inside the glass wall, after all this was her old home. No one could tell in by her scent anymore... The caves and the Falls were clear on her coat.

Keiran yowled loudly, calling out to any other bonded creatures near by, while Kiara stood shaking. Had it been stupid to return here? Wasn't that why she had gone to the Falls instead of the Edge when they left the caves? Yes, that was all true.... But she needed knowledge.. Who better to teach her then those who already knew.... "Hello? Anyone here? I'd like to speak with the Moon Doctors and other healers of the Edge..." Her voice was timid, but clear. Now all they had to do was wait....

"Typi non habent claritatem insitam; est usus legentis in iis qui facit eorum claritatem."

@[Alysanne]
@[Resplendence]
(Open to any in the mend rank from the Edge or leaders)

Kiara

The Heart is Wiser than the Mind

Please Tag Kiara in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kiara at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

Alysanne was just making the walk back to the Edge when she heard the call ahead of her, just on the other side of the shattered glass wall. A strange sort of yowl, not a noise she imaged a horse could make, followed by a voice asking for healers. Though there was no hesitation in her movements, she couldn’t help but wondering whether she was even qualified to answer this call. What if she was unable to help? Hopefully Resplendence would hear it too and come.

Healing was such a natural thing for the white and black Pegasus but she had never been in a position quite like this – and she was so afraid of letting everyone down.

Carefully navigating the glass wall – and wondering if they were not going to repair it, perhaps there would be a way to take it all away – she entered the Edge and spotted the mare that must have been the one to speak. She had a black panther by her side and they were both greeted with a happy whicker as Alysanne trotted around to face them.

Later on she’d wonder if she should have been more cautious, but her first instinct was always to greet strangers as though they were friends. So this mare was addressed in just that way – green eyes bright with a smile that dominated her features. “Hello there you two! Welcome to the Edge. I’m Alysanne, one of the Moon Doctors. Are you hurt?” Her cheery voice faded into concern as she looked over the mare and her companion – searching for any obvious signs of injury. Though the call had not sounded as urgent as she might have expected with an injury. Her mind was already racing ahead of her, panicking that she would be unable to help because she was still unsure about so much, but better to just focus on what was actually happening rather than what might. She hadn’t even heard the answer to her question yet!

Alysanne</style>
I lit a flame in my heart to guide you home.</style>

image credits
table by boom <3
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

It was not long before the call was answered. It was answered by a paint mare with wings. Kiara vaguely remembered the mare from the last herd meeting she had attended in the Edge. “Hello there you two! Welcome to the Edge. I’m Alysanne, one of the Moon Doctors. Are you hurt?” Are we hurt? Mentally maybe, but physically no we were okay. "No no. We are alright. I am Kiara, currently of the Hidden Falls, formerly of World's Edge. I was a nurse before, and I barely remember some of the herb lessons. I was wondering if I could learn a bit more from one of the Moon Doctors to take back to the Falls." Here she stopped, Keiran rubbed gently against her legs to try and give her the confidence to go on. What could she offer in return for such knowledge? "The only thing I can really offer is to bring some of the plants and herbs from the Falls for the garden." At least she hoped they were still making a garden.... If not, well that was all she could offer.

Keiran eyed the pegasus mare carefully, but knew that she was no threat to his bonded. In fact, he hoped she would be able to help her in some way.... Even if it did not mean she gained her own personal healing magic. He knew how badly she wanted that as well. One day, he would help her have it. One day, she would get what she wanted. Till then, he would be at her side from now until they both died. He was her's, and she was his.

"Typi non habent claritatem insitam; est usus legentis in iis qui facit eorum claritatem."

@[Alysanne]

Kiara

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kiara at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
come and watch over me like the pale moonlight

There had been a call for the Moon Doctor's, that much Res was sure of. Her limbs sped up into a graceful trot as Valiance took a running leap into the sky off of Res's back. Slowly, she had been getting used to his claws scrambling against her back, and at this point the sound of his wings flapping didn't bother her - especially when she saw the weak mental flashes of his wings before he dared to move them. Res would admit that she was grateful for this in times of need - for it was one less thing she had to worry about jumping with.

So, Valiance flew ahead, circling around the pair and letting out quiet hisses in uncertainty. Already, he was beginning to be protective in nature - and he knew the painted one with wing's was Res's companion. But he didn't know this other one and its feline friend. Swooping down he flew right in front of the other's face, attempting to brush his right wing across her forehead and give her a shock before floating back above the painted friend until Res appeared. A warning that was well deserved (or so he believed), to the newcomer. They would not hurt Res or her companions, that he would make sure of.

As Res trotted in she gave a tiny snort and called for Valiance to come rest upon her shoulders again. "Resplendence. Pleasure to see you again Kiara - are you faring well as of late?" she called, allowing a gentle smile to pull up on her lips. "This is Valiance. He's a little... protective - so I apologize if he was being unruly..." She explained, pinning her ear a little as he crawled up to her poll and tugged on her forelock (in no way helping his case).

There was a gentle pause as Res looked down to the panther, her bodice moving in a little closer to Alysanne in the process (forever the flighty mare she was). "More herbs would be lovely. Unfortunately, at the moment we are low on herbs. The garden was destroyed with this darkness, and my case was empty. I can show you what we have on hand if you'd like? Aly can assist as well." One small pause as the smile widens, "But first, tell me what brought you to the Falls instead of back to us?"

When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

It was with delight that Alysanne learned that neither of them were injured and that they had lived here in the Edge! Too bad that wasn’t a present state but still - her smile was brighter at the news. “Of course! Well it’s a pleasure to meet you, Kiara. I’m sad that we did not have the chance when you were here, but glad that we finally have it now!” The mare went on to explain why she was here and it was a lovely reason. The offering she gave in exchange for the knowledge was one that Alysanne quite warmed up to – but before she could say so, a red shape flew above their heads before swooping down and giving a warning to Kiara.

Oh dear! Hopefully she was alright! She cast a look up at Res’ dragon - recognizing him now that she got a good look - and shook her head at him. Her friend and his bonded came soon after, apologizing for the dragon's actions and explaining that he was protective which was just a bit of an understatement. Aly could not blame him for that, especially after everything they had gone through, but the warning was a little over-the-top she thought. Especially for a visitor that was simply looking to share in some herb knowledge, though she supposed he could not have known that. He wasn’t the only one that felt protective about the doctor, however, and Aly did not miss the way she moved a little closer at the sight of the panther. Quickly and gently, her wing extended just enough to touch the pale mare on her side for a comforting gesture.

But she was not nervous enough that they could not continue with the topic at hand, Alysanne was so happy that Resplendence was here. The other mare knew so much more, had a great deal more experience, and Alysanne suspected that Kiara would not be the only one learning something today. She had already learned a fair but but she did not doubt there was much more! For now the painted mare remained in silence, her attention returning to Kiara when a very curious question was brought up. Why indeed did she not decide to return to the Edge?

Alysanne</style>

image credits
table by boom <3
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

“Of course! Well it’s a pleasure to meet you, Kiara. I’m sad that we did not have the chance when you were here, but glad that we finally have it now!” But before the roan girl could answer, a young red dragon swooped in and brushed the girl's forehead. With a startled look Kiara jumped backward, Keiran growling in her defense. I'm ok, just a warning. I'm ok. She was instantly trying to sooth her protective bonded.

An apology followed shortly after by the one eared mare that Kiara knew as the Moon Doctor from before the darkness. "Resplendence. Pleasure to see you again Kiara - are you faring well as of late?" Kiara smiled slightly. "I am actually. Adjusting to the Falls." Then of course she introduced the young dragon. Kiara merely nodded to the dragon, understanding how protective Keiran had been of her right after he hatched out of is egg. She had been heavy with Malachi at the time, and felt very vulnerable. "More herbs would be lovely. Unfortunately, at the moment we are low on herbs. The garden was destroyed with this darkness, and my case was empty. I can show you what we have on hand if you'd like? Aly can assist as well." "I would like that very much."

Kiara smiled. Her smile however faded a slight bit as Res asked the question she did not want to answer. Why had she not returned? Why had she decided on a different path that lead away from the Edge? "I needed a fresh start.. So many memories within the Edge, both good and bad...." Thoughts of birthing Malachi, her short reunion with Breeze and fighting for the Edge flashed in her mind. But right behind those followed the good times with the many herd mates who also had not returned. Madryn, Maskan, Mirage, just to name a few. She would miss those times, but if she could learn from these two ladies, she hoped she could be half as decent of a Earth Medic as they were Moon Doctors.

@[Alysanne]
@[Resplendence]

Kiara

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel

Many things had changed since their return to the lands, much of it being rather destructive. It made her wonder what had really happened in such a time of darkness, the wraiths had been one thing but somehow it didn't seem like they could cause all of what was seen. Could there be other things that the gods were hiding from them? The thought was rather nerve racking to think about as she hated to imagine anything worse on this planet than what she had already come across. Some may thrive in the light of new adventures and mass chaos but she tended to be a being of habit preferring to keep herself away from danger if she could help it.

Wandering along as was common to her, she caught sight of the magnificent wall they had built laying in ruin. How could something destroy a wall like this yet somehow go unnoticed up until now? Thinking back to how much work had been put together to create their masterpiece it was such a shame to leave it in such horrible condition, maybe she could gather enough volunteers to help fix it. Surely Kahlua would want to help as it was her idea to begin with, but with leading their herd now would she had the time for such things. Many ambitions and projects had been planned with much excitement but much of the talk had died down ever since they were forced underground. Resplendence had spoke of building a beautiful greenhouse at one point where things could be grown year round, that would benefit everyone especially in the healing department. She must go find Resplendence and talk to her about rekindling the project as it may prove a key in their survival if something ever happened again.

Trotting off with a purpose it didn't take long for the white fae to spot Res and a few others that composed the healers of the edge. Perfect, with everyone together maybe this could be decided upon sooner rather than later. Blue eyes fell slightly as they picked up an unfamiliar face within the small group, what was someone from another herd doing here on their land? Without saying too much she carried herself up to stand by Alysanne reaching her head out to nudge her friend in greeting. Turning her gaze back to the stranger she tried to figure out what was going on. "Hello, I'm Brisa one of the nurses. Who are you if you don't mind me asking you seem familiar somehow?" She asked curiously. The mare did seem to trigger some recognition but not enough that she could place a name to her face. Maybe she was just imagining someone who looked similar perhaps? With how scattered her mind was lately it would not be surprising.

TAGS: Alysanne, Resplendence, Kiara
WORDS: 468
NOTES: none

Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

RES && VAL
It was nice to know that Kiara was faring well, adjusting to her new life - and just those words made her smile after the sadness of how Valiance had made the poor mare jump. Resplendence offered a view of the herb garden in what was left of it, and Kiara smiled, seeming to be pleased with that as she said she would like it. Good, at least she would be able to offer something today.

But, as Res asked why she didn't come back to the Edge it was words of sorrow - words she could understand. A gentle bob of her head and a sad smile graced Res's face as she blinked but once. "It must be time for new memories now, then. I don't doubt that you will have many great ones," she offered, before turning her head at the sound of new hooves approaching. "Brisa" she smiled before nodding her head.

A gentle twist of her hip before she was turning back towards the remnants of their garden. "This way - we can exchange more pleasantries on the way." She kicked her heels into a delicate trot before looking over to Valiance in the tree above. Valiance, go ahead, start pulling out any fresh herbs we can use to explain. Res instructed, and with an audible puff of annoyance at having to leave his bonded's side he heaved himself out of the tree and moved on ahead to the garden to pull out what he could find. "Anything specific you'd like to focus on? If I see something that can help with it I'll make sure to point it out," Res offered, glancing over her shoulder back to Kiara.

For some reason Res was more at ease now then she was in general - surrounded by her fellow healers, knowing that they accepted her modes of anxiety for the most part. She wasn't worried about falling apart - about looking incompetent. That was what mattered for the moment.

--- OOC
any specific herbs you want Res to go over? i didn't make the herbs Val pulled specific yet so that it could be anything you'd like ;3
@[Alysanne] && @[Kiara] && @[Brisa] || only tagging since it took me so long to respond again, and want everyone to know i posted
HealeR
world's edge
Image Credit
When I'm ready to fall
With love

(ooc: posting order is a lie. would like to wrap this up here soon)

Another came, making the small group even larger. The roan laid her ears back slightly, unsure if she liked all the attention so suddenly. Her bonded soothed the nervous fem in her mind, trying to get her to relax. After all if she was going to be the Earth Medic, then she would have to face others all the time. "Hello, I'm Brisa one of the nurses. Who are you if you don't mind me asking you seem familiar somehow?" The roan girl nodded. "I am Kiara, and this is Keiran. We used to live here in the Edge before the darkness. We now live in the Hidden Falls." Her voice was stronger than the girl felt.

Quickly attention was turned back to Res as she was speaking once again. "This way - we can exchange more pleasantries on the way." Kiara fell in behind the Moon Doctor, Keiran gently jumping onto her back to ride along. "Anything specific you'd like to focus on? If I see something that can help with it I'll make sure to point it out, What did she want to know more about? Healing, pain, good for burns? Good for new mothers? Keiran's voice rang in her mind, reminding the girl. Thank you Keiran. "Anything that will heal a wound, or take away pain. Especially good for burns. Also anything for expecting mothers." After all it is almost spring. Surely after the darkness there will be tons of new mothers. But then again her mind flashed to Seele.... If she had more knowledge, maybe she could of helped more than just keep her stable till the girl who sang colors arrived.....

@[Alysanne]
@[Resplendence]

Kiara

RES & VAL
As the girl spoke Res continued to move, nodding her head in recognition of each of the things she spoke of. Valiance gave out a short chirp-like noise to let Res know that the herbs were out of the ground and laid out in piles against the side of the garden. "We'll see what we have then," Res said, a gentle smile upon her maw though she stayed quiet the rest of the walk there.

She was never the one to be strong, or to know how to really act in large groups. If the other mares wished to converse more then she wouldn't stop them - she just wasn't comfortable herself. And, upon arriving at the garden she began to nose the five piles of plants. A few of them served a couple different purposes, but all seemed to actually be what the younger one had asked for help with.

Res headed over to the pile of Elm bark, picking it up with her teeth before Valiance attached himself to it with his talons and flew a few paces from her cranium, holding onto the bark as his height in the air bobbled between two feet and three feet. "This is Elm. It grows on a shorter tree, with oval shaped, saw-edged leaves. This bark is especially good for pregnant mothers, but it can also treat burns, cuts, and sore throats." There was a gentle nod and a tired Valiance released his claws as the bark clattered back into its pile. "It should be simple enough to find as it is pretty widespread."

Next, she picked up the Shepherd's Purse and Valiance took it as well, repeating the process but without as much change in height. "Sheperd's Purse,", she said pointing to the rosette leaves and small white flowers with heart shaped pods upon it. "This is for wounds that are bleeding and it acts as a pain reliever by constricting some muscles. However, this isn't recommended when your patient is pregnant. Not quite sure what it does, but it's not good..." she explained before nodding her head and having Valiance drop it again. "You'll find it on the sides of paths where many have traveled and in fields - so it might be abundant in the Falls?"

She lowered her head again, but this time before she could grab the dried, aromatic flowers from an Evergreen tree Valiance had already snagged them and was in his position once more. "Cloves help deal with the infections and serve as a pain reliever - a good tool to keep in your arsenal as you'll need these to make sure that open wounds don't grow worse." A gentle pause and a nod and it was dropped once more. "Found in more humid, tropical areas that have water all year long. It must be used as a salve and be massaged into the are around the skin. If there is no wound it can also help with sore muscles, so elderly patients might find it useful." She finished before moving to the next pile.

Valiance once again lifted it up before Res could grab it, a proud smile on his face before he did anything. The blue-tinted herb with some purple and yellow-green flowers were clutched in his talons as Res began to speak. "Blue Cohesh. This aids in childbirth, another good one to keep on hand when you start to see those mares beginning to carry the weight." Another nod, another drop, "And you'll tend to find these in moist woodlands, so the Threshold is a great place to look if you have the time," she finished.

One more time over and Valiance had the oval leaves and the fringy yellow flowers in his claws. "This is Witch Hazel. It grows on a tall shrub whose leaves look like this and have these yellow flowers in the fall. It can be used on rashes, abrasions, and other inflammatory conditions of the skin. It has to be used as a salve though, to be of use." Another nod and it falls. "Generally, you'll find it in more temperate climates."

There was a pause and she began to put each of the herbs she spoke about on a very curved piece of Elm bark. "Here. Take some of these back with you to help start your collection. We can always find more." Carefully, Valiance pulled up the Elm bark and placed it at Kiara's feet for her to take it back. A gentle smile laced Res's face before she spoke back up again. "And if you ever want assistance in finding some herbs, let me know. We can send you out with one of our nurses if you'd like." She offered, still feeling for the mare who she had worked with for some time in the Edge as Valiance curled up in his nest in Res's mane.

All she could hope was that it would be of some assistance for Kiara as she went on her venture to be a healer in the Falls, and she hoped that Kiara had found a home she felt safe in.

@[Kiara]
HealeR
world's edge
Image Credit
When I'm ready to fall
With love

It was a little embarrassing that Alysanne had not recognized Kiara as a former member of the Edge but there seemed to be no hard feelings – nor did the roan seem put out by the movements of Resplendence’s protective dragon. Certainly an even-tempered mare, which really meant she fit in well with the group that was gathering. Alysanne whickered happily to Brisa and returned the warm touch when the beautiful mare joined them – it was always so wonderful to see her!

They move on at the suggestion of Resplendence, the group trotting easily towards the herb garden. Alysanne fills the silence with a few bright comments, enjoying the company she had found herself in on this day.

Still learning about the herbs herself, she stood with the others and listened to Resplendence as she shared her wisdom. It was so wonderful to see the other Moon Doctor in her element, where she was comfortable (or, at least, more comfortable). The world of herbs was one she knew so well, and Alysanne was excited to get to work her closely. Though she doubted that there was anything in herbology that she could teach the other mare, perhaps they would still find a way to learn from each other.

A small laugh, bright and good-natured, escaped the two-toned pegasus as she watched Valiance help out his bonded by showing off the herbs from the piles, holding them up to enable a better vantage for the audience.

He was wickedly protective, but such a good helper!

Five herbs they learned about, though Alysanne recognized most of them, and she looked now to Kiara – wondering if that was an adequate start for the once-Edge-now-Falls mare. For her part, shockingly enough, Alysanne found herself without anything to add and was so happy to stand there in content silence – flashing a proud smile to Resplendence and her dragon. She had done well, speaking to the group!

[so this is basically the worst post ever and I'm half-asleep while writing it but I didn't want you guys to be held up by me!]
Alysanne</style>

image credits
table by boom <3
made by the lovely tamme

The bonded pair followed the Moon Doctor and her bonded dragon carefully. She did not want to seem to eager, but not disinterested either. Keiran also seemed alert to everything happening. He would not allow anyone or anything to harm his bonded. Soon it seem they arrived at the herb garden, or what was left of it. Kiara took in the sight, a bit sad to see all the work prior to the darkness had been messed up. Still, somehow some herbs survived.

Her ears pricked forward as Res began to speak. She listened and took in every herb that the mare would tell her. After all, these would be the most helpful. Anymore help and she might as well return to the Edge as a nurse. No, the Falls was now her home. Her home away from all the memories both good and bad. Her heart ached for the first days of the Qian, the company of Mirage, Madryn, Maskan, and even Vikram. Her mind even trailed to Breeze. What would he think of her now? He had returned and gone away again. The darknes must of driven him off....

Thankfully while the roan fem spaced out and stared as the herbs were talked about, Keiran paid close attention. It was not until she was being addressed that Kiara snapped out of it. It was Keiran who reached out carefully to take the elm bark with all the herbs that had been talked about on it. "Thank you very much for everything, especially for the knowledge and the herbs." Then as almost an after thought the young roan spoke again. "Call for me, if you ever wish to look for herbs in the Falls. I will bring some to you as soon as my own herb garden gets under way. I feel I must get back now, in case I am needed. Thank you again, for everything." The bonded pair turned and started for the wall, heading for home.

ooc: figured this needed to be wrapped up, no need to reply unless you want to

Kiara