the Rift

[PRIVATE] The Glassblowers

Cashmere Posts: 115
Up For Adoption atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 5 (Orangemoon) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
My heart is filled with joy and hopefulness, even the dreariness of Frostfall cannot dampen my spirits. The Earth God has blessed me, and chosen myself and one other from among many who sought him. He has tasked me with a quest. A quest to learn of the different crafters within Helovia, of the different herds, so that I may be able to better understand what it is they do. When I have completed my task, he will grant me my own desire to craft. As I told him... I know there is some sort of darkness within me. A darkness that destroys. I don't know what it is, and I don't know how or why it does what it does. But I desire to create, to somehow repair the balance and do something to create where I have somehow destroyed.

The first place I have journeyed to... the World's Edge. I've never been here before and I'm a little nervous. After all, it is called The World's Edge. For once The Voice is not so angry, and seems almost to be.. comforting me. It's strange and I'm not sure what to make of it, but it's better than having her berate me all the time. -I'll take care of us. If anything comes to get us I'll fend them off.- I think she's a little silly... She is only a voice inside my head - how can she fend anyone off? She chuckles. I toss my head - it's all ridiculous. At the same time, however, I find some comfort in her words. As I cross into their border, in my heart I know I am intruding, but I come with the best of intentions.

I want to lower my head to the ground submissively, to let watchful eyes know that I mean no harm. But my survival instinct prevails and I lift my head up, keeping watch for any predators that might be lurking. I stop shortly after crossing into their land - I do not want anyone to think I am a threatening trespasser. Gently I call out, but I project so that my voice carries. "I am Cashmere of the Hidden Falls. I am on a quest, given to me by the God of the Earth. I seek to meet any crafters that live here." A little name-dropping never hurt, right?

OOC: To meet the crafter(s) of the Edge, in pursuit of fulfilling the quest given to her by the God of the Earth.
Tag: @[Aaron]

how I walk
"how I talk"
how I think
-how She talks to me-

Table by Lauren || IMAGE CREDITS
[Image: cashmere_by_lainey_lou-d73bbjq.png]
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Silk excluding dismemberment and death.

Aaron Posts: 260
World's Edge Protector atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 6 Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alanna :: Common Hellhound :: Energy Drain Emily

Aaron</style>
 i lit a fire that wouldn't go out.</style>

FrostFall's days were numbered, and it was something the painted Glazier was greatful for. He was not a fan ofthe ice and snow. The cold that made the body feel numb. Alanna had a thick coat coat to keep her warm. About that time, the hellhound caught the scent of a stranger. Aaron's ears pricked forward as the call rang out from that same stranger "I am Cashmere of the Hidden Falls. I am on a quest, given to me by the God of the Earth. I seek to meet any crafters that live here." He knew at once that he must go. Aaron did not know where Dragomir was, if he was even close enough to hear the call.

Together, the draft mutt and his hellhound set off to greet the stranger. They weaved in and out of the trees, the light mist that is natural to the Edge playing among Aaron's mane and tail and Alanna's fur coat. For once, the crafter was having fun.. Oh it had been so long since he and Alanna had just been able to run. But wait, now was not the time. He glanced to Alanna and snorted. They had business to attend to before they could play.

It did not take long for the pair to arrive. Alanna bounded out into the open first, followed quickly by
Aaron. I am one of the Glaziers you seek. My name is Aaron, and this is my bonded Alanna. How many we help you? His brown eyes took her in, instantly becoming a bit more tense as he spotted the horn upon her brow. If what she said was true however, maybe she was not like those who hailed from the Basin... Maybe this one would be different. For now, he would wait for her to answer and see what she wanted before passing judgement. Alanna on the other hand, was ready to use her ability at a moments notice. She had seen the destruction a unicorn could cause. She would not allow her bonded to be harmed further than he already had.

talk

@[Cashmere]

image credits

In Nomine Patris Et Filii
Et Spiritus Sancti

Please Tag Aaron in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Aaron at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Adoptable
They are quick to respond, quicker than I was expecting. I take a step back, nervous about who might greet me here. The Voice gives me a kick inside my head, getting after me for my anxiety. She definitely has an opinion and thinks my attitude is inappropriate for the moment. I huff at her, and step forward again. Soon, the two coming to greet me appear. Not two equines. Just one -- and .. a hellhound... I've heard of a hellhound but never seen one. She lopes along with her bonded, and they stop not too far from me. I take in his form, hers alongside. They are open and friendly, but I gather that they're a little bit wary. A smile spreads across my face, hoping to ease the tension that is felt between all of us.

"It is a pleasure to meet you Aaron, Alanna. I am here to learn about your craft. What do you craft, how, with what? I am here to learn from you."

I step closer and lower my head to the level of Alanna, trying to let her know that I am no threat to them. I raise my head against to Aaron's level... at least as much as I can. He is larger, bulkier than I. I am petite compared to him. Soft are my eyes, relaxed but eager is my body. Let the games begin!

how I walk
"how I talk"
how I think
-how She talks to me-

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Aaron</style>

Her body language spoke volumes about the mare. She did not seem to be like those of the Basin. Those tended to take what they did not deserve. If the God of the Earth felt she was worthy enough for a quest for whatever magic she sought, well who was he to stand in the way. "It is a pleasure to meet you Aaron, Alanna. I am here to learn about your craft. What do you craft, how, with what? I am here to learn from you." So she wanted to learn from him? That was a first, well not really as he should be taking the time to teach the crafters under him how to create with glass. It was work after all. As i'm sure you know, the Goddess of the Moon gives myself and the other Glazier the power to create. We simply call upon her to be able to help us bend whatever we need to make. As for what we craft, it's glass. With that said, he merely focused on a down tree branch that was close by.

Watch this branch closely. With that, he focused upon it. Should save magic for Greenhouse Alanna's voice warned softly. It will be alright. Not using much. Slowly, the branch became covered in glass. Inch by inch the dried wood took on a shiny and glazed look. He of course was not going to do the entire branch, just enough to show. When he felt a good amount covered the branch he stopped and looked back to the mare. There you go. Only part of the branch is covered, as we are limited to how much we can create in one season. There, now she knew.... Hopefully she did not need to know any more.

talk

@[Cashmere]

image credits

Et Spiritus Sancti

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Aaron at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Adoptable
The stallion - Aaron - seems to relax as I speak. His painted body releases the tension that it held into the shaded air, and I can almost feel it evaporate. Just as he relaxes, so does his companion. And whatever aggression she held seems to fade. I smile broadly at them, pleased that we can get along so well. I had been nervous coming here, and the Voice had been prepared to leap forward and defend us. Now it seems that won't be needed on either side. -Might be nice to let off some steam.- She chomps at the bit, and I can feel her urging me forward, wanting me to take a bite from the stallion's hide just for fun. My dark tail swishes back and forth and I shake my crown, letting my earring hit the top of my head as I do so. Though it takes a moment, the action calms me and reminds me to not lash out at the innocent stallion and hellhound -innocent, really?- before me.

Aaron draws me from my reverie as his lips part and he answers my question. I wish there was a way to take notes. I nudge the Voice. Maybe She will help. Can I give you a task? Help me remember everything he says. She huffs, but the idea of getting magic from the God of the Earth is appealing to her, and I can feel her coming around to the idea. Goddess of the Moon... I am unfamiliar with the Moon Goddess. I wonder if she's nice, like her brother. They call themselves Glaziers. That's an interesting name... And they craft glass... Oh that's what I want to be able to craft! Through her they draw upon that ability. I wonder, will the God of the Earth be able to give me magic to create glass without going through the Moon Goddess, and without drawing from her power?

The handsome painted brute directs my attention to a branch, and slowly covers part of it in glass. I gasp with amazement and awe. It's beautiful, and so magical. Well, it is magic after all. She is taking notes. He stops short of covering the whole branch, telling me that his magical abilities are limited by season. Presumably this is to not draw too much power from the Gods - or Goddess, in this case. When he finishes speaking, Aaron seems to clam up, almost reluctant to speak anymore. I wonder if he will consent to answering one more question. "That is amazing, Aaron." I bob my head with thanks. "I have only one more question. Are there any others like you, here in the Edge?"

TAG: @[Aaron]

how I walk
"how I talk"
how I think
-how She talks to me-

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Aaron</style>

As he finished the slight demonstation, Alanna seemed to beem at him approvingly. He was doing his part to help others. If only I could help my family.... Alanna shifted to sit next to his right front hoof, trying to be stuble in her comforting her bonded. We will find babies, if they arrive here. Can't imagine Azale or Sakura not speaking of home.... Aaron sighed. I need to let it go, don't I? I need to focus on the Qian and what we need. Alanna's ice blue eyes seemed to say it all. Not to let go, but not to make that the only reason you get up in the morning. Alright Alanna. First things first, we need to seek out Res and find out where the greenhouse needs to go. That will be my project for the next few months.

His attention switches back from Alanna and his thoughts to the mare before him. She had one more question to ask. What else does she want from me? Her question instead was simple, yet complicated at the same time. "I have only one more question. Are there any others like you, here in the Edge?" Should he give away Dragomir? Or allow him to remain nameless? Or even yet claim to be the only one incase of future danger. Aaron would not care if he was stolen away. He and Alanna could handle themselves. But at the same time, the girl was on a quest from a God.... Surely she would not use the information against the Edge.... One other, another stallion. He must be off making creations for the herd. That's it, lie. Well not really lie, but he realyl didn't know what Dragomir was up to. It had been a while since he had seem the other stallion.... They really needed to work together here soon, to get things done for the herd.

talk

@[Cashmere]

image credits

Et Spiritus Sancti

Adoptable
The hellhound named Alanna curled up by Aaron's hoof, and it seemed there was a silent conversation going on between them. I remained quiet while waiting for them to finish their conversation, smiling pleasantly at them. Eventually Aaron comes from his reverie and speaks to me again, answering my question. Though he answers my question, I sense there's something off. I shrug the notion off. Whatever is off, or whatever it is he's saying that is wrong, it is his own business. So there is another crafter here. Well, that makes sense. You would want more than one being to be helping craft things. It might be a lot of work for just one horse. -Seriously? You know he's omitting information. What if it is important? What if he is plotting something? You can be such a gullible ass sometimes.- I twitch my ears back, annoyed at the Voice for trying to turn me against this nice fellow. With effort, I keep my annoyance from my face. I bow my head to both him and the canine. "Thank you both for your time. Your help has been invaluable." I smile happily toward both of them. "If there's any way I can be of assistance to you, you can find me at the Hidden Falls." With that, I turn and depart at a gentle, happy trot. I'm pleased as pie that one leg of my quest has been completed, and that Aaron and his companion were so helpful. I will remember his helpfulness in the future.

OOC: thanks Em! <3

how I walk
"how I talk"
how I think
-how She talks to me-

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread