the Rift

Get Smashed.Gatecrash.

Arlo Posts: 60
Hidden Account atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16hh :: 6 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Stephy
Arlo

It was cold. Very cold. I awoke, shivering and wondering where the hell I was. The last thing I remembered was leaving my blackened dove looking out upon the white crested chariots of Poseidon. My gut was telling me that now was a very long time ahead of that one. Somehow time had escaped me, rollicking ahead gaily with no thought to how I would catch up with it. Yet again, I had been broken down and tormented by my very own psyche. Tortured soul that I was, it seemed that this was only par for the course. Nothing looked set to change or improve.

I dug my front pillars into the earth’s crust and attempted to drag myself up and onto my hooves. Every inch of me ached, so that even this simple move was agonising. The ache was well within my bones, along with the cold. It made me pray for death, if only fleetingly. My joints creaked as if I was far older than my few summers spent upon earth. My pools looked out fuzzily from my dial. Everything was slightly blurred, as if there was fog upon the hills. I shook my cranium in frustration, as if to shake the webs from my altered brain, and in turn from my sight. Alas, it failed, and everything remained indistinct.

I tried to place one foot in front of the other to move forward, if only in direction, rather than life. But again, like every other fibre of my being, my pillars didn’t want to co-operate. I tripped and stumbled onto my knees, scraping them on the hard dirt surface. I winced as the soil scraped against my raw skin, causing a few drops of my life force to spill.

Enough was enough right? I grunted as I pushed on past the pain and forced myself to move forward, towards home. Where was home, or more importantly, where was I? I couldn’t remember a thing. All I knew was that I was in some serious pain, and severely dehydrated, my mouth was rough and thick with the lack of water. I bellowed out in frustration, a deep, guttural sound that shook the birds from the trees with an almighty clatter.

Slowly, as I stood there contemplating my next move, my instinct kicked in. It pulled me due north stumbling and tripping through the undergrowth blindly for my eyesight still refused to clear and my joints were as stiff as a corpse. It seemed an age before I started to recognise anything remotely familiar, but finally my nostrils picked up the familiar desperate scent of the threshold and safety.

My bones were screaming at me stop, my eyes were longing to drift closed and my brain was so tired that I occasionally didn’t pick up my hooves and nosedived into the earth. But eventually I made it, knees bloodied, banner tangled, pelt dulled and pools leaden. Virtually unrecognizable to all bar the few who hopefully knew me well enough. My commander, perhaps. My dove, oh I could only hope!

I wanted to continue, forth to the marsh, to where I could find my fellow brethren. But for now the threshold would have to do as my body had revolted and refused to do anything I asked of it..

admin edit; imi fixed your table :P

Oxy the Addict Posts: 322
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2hh :: 9 [Tallsun] HP: 73.5 | Buff: DANCE
Unnamed :: Common Boggart :: Mayhem Sevin

OXY.
I never said that I want this
You're pissed. Raging, irate, wild with anger and you've kicked far too many trees to be healthy. Slam- birds fly from the trees as your shod hoof beats against the bark. Thud- your bones reverberate with the force that you strike the elm. Crash- no amount of beating up inanimate objects seems to be helping. Your ears are pinned back and your eyes are wild. Eris? ERIS!? The image of Rose Red in your mind is enough to throw you into a new frenzy, a new wild fit of screaming and lashing out. You spilled blood, tore your body to pieces, sweated and toiled, practiced and were victorious. You have played general without compensation for so very long and when your time to shine finally comes... you are forgotten. You, who clearly deserves this, are left to the sidelines while Eris, who has done nothing except hide and be entirely useless, is named general. You had to leave the Falls to clear your head. But you'll be back. Rose Red won't hide long. You'll have her skin.

Amidst all your thrashing and raging, it is interesting then that you hear another noise- a bellow that reaches into your very soul. You know that sounds- you've imagined that sound at night and dreamt of all the ways you'd thrash the owner of the sound. Yes- unless this is one very odd case of A sounding like B, you know exactly who you're going to be approaching.

You alter your coarse, heading towards it, head bobbing with the effects of your drugs. It takes you a while, but eventually you hear sounds of crashing through the underbrush that do not belong to you. Again you alter your coarse, making up for the difference in trajectory, and you find him- but it is not him, or it is some whisper of a memory of him, and instead of raging at the sight of him, you almost feel pity. He looks sick, terribly sick, injured perhaps, and it reminds you of a time he could have killed you but instead forced you into the water, to clean your wounds in the stinging salt water. You could kill him right here and right now, but even you are not that heartless.

“Pretty boy,” you spit out, anger laced in the words, but not directed towards him. The hatred you feel for Rose Red is hard to let go of, hard to forget in this moment. You try to tone it down, try to start anew. You are still jealous of him, of how deeply he knew the Phantom Seeker, but you have followed her and have been her pet and he has been gone. Perhaps you will remain in her good graces. And it is, just as you start to speak, that you have an idea. “You're late. Rose Red has stolen what is rightfully ours. We have to get it back.” Your brown eyes stare him down then, waiting, your body shifting. You're impatient and excited about this new opportunity. The fates have a funny way of showing themselves.

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Oxy at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Please do not tag Oxy unless it is in an opening post

Stephy
Arlo

Standing there. Cranium held low. Exhausted. Broken. Tormented. How much longer could I keep fighting this? Each time left a little bit more of me behind. I was a puzzle with several missing pieces. A novel with the final chapter missing. A priceless vase with a chip in it. Compare me to what you like, but at the end of the day, it didn’t change the fact I was no longer whole. I was so terribly and irretrievably flawed. Some part of my soul was twisted beyond repair.

Could anything or anyone ever really dare to put me back together again? Was it even possible? Perhaps I should have just asked for death there and then. It would have been the simplest answer for everyone. Something within me however, told me to keep on fighting. Much like the instinct that pulled me home, it was strong, primal almost. It overrode my being, taking over, forcing me to choose life.

Peace and quiet. That was what I needed right now, to salve not only my wounds but my mind. The endless blue was what I needed. The sounds of the waves crashing to shore would be the balm to ease the pain, and the salt water would aid my joints. But, for right now, here would have to do, my lack energy preventing me from getting the help I needed. My eyelids drooping, my consciousness becoming a glorious haze as I slowly started to doze off.

My pools flew open, still hideously blurred, as my ears detected something crashing through the undergrowth towards me. Something within my subconscious stirred, as if to remind me of something. The noise was familiar, but I couldn’t quite place it. I primed myself as far as I could, as prepared as I could be to flee. But in all honesty, I knew I didn’t stand a chance. I was the most vulnerable I had ever been. At least I wouldn’t see what was coming at me, death would be an unexpected release. As the noise grew closer, a recognizable scent filled my nostrils, pungent and musky, though I still couldn’t place who or what it belonged to. My heart started to race. Perhaps death wouldn’t be such a release after all.

A harsh voice entered my ears, again one I was desperate to place, but without being able to see properly it was proving rather difficult. Whoever it was in front of me was a sizeable threat, as they had blocked out the light beaming through the trees in front of me. I could only hope they took pity on the sorry state I was in. My brain wouldn’t work as fast as I wanted it to, he spoke as if he knew me, and yet he wasn’t one I remembered. I snorted, impatient at myself, as the pieces started to slot slowly into place. I could remember a fight, I had torn him asunder. He hated me for sure, and yet what was his name?

I listened as his rough tones rang through the air again. His odd way of speaking finally jolted into place. Oxy. Of course.

“Hold on there. Slow down a little. Rose Red? I’m afraid you’ll have to explain. I’m not quite following..” I rumbled gruffly. This was starting to hurt my head. Him talking in code was not helping my brain make sense of it all. As far as I knew Oxy hated me, and now he was talking as if we were comrades. Perhaps I had forgotten more than I had thought..

OXY.
Are you oblivious to the fact that he's damaged, broken, exhausted, destroyed or are you just uncaring, unfeeling and self-serving. Mostly the second one. You are high, true, but not that high, and a couple months of detox did nothing to decrease your tolerance. It is simply that you are on a mission and that mission will not be changed. Besides, it is not a warrior's creed to fight past injuries, to stand strong even when you are weak? You do not think that Pretty Boy would appreciate coddling, would accept a well placed hand of condolence and you would not respect him if he did. So perhaps he is broken, but perhaps it is better that you choose to ignore it.

Slow down a little. Rose Red? His speech, at least, is somewhat familiar, if the broken way he holds his his body is not. But you are both in the same boat- confused by Oxy. Because if he has no idea what the hell your talking about, you're not sure you can give him a name. Rose Red, Rose Red, the Lesbians.... you snort, and just start at the beginning, trying to figure out where you can start to make the story make sense, looking around you suspiciously to make sure nobody else is listening. It is not a secret yet and yet... you feel as though you mustn't share too much. They cannot know.

“Darkness drove the Asylum from the swamp, we moved a few times before ending up underground,” you try to talk slower, try not to patronize him, but perhaps you are still a little disgusted at his inability to remain with the group that he was supposed to be general of. Or perhaps you are still too erratically angry to maintain one solid emotional state. Your words betray some of your anger, but again not for Pretty Boy. Perhaps he will understand, as your story goes on. “Rose Red... I don't know where the hell she went, but I did her damn job, herding all the crazies around.” You never did really count yourself as one of them. You get high, but you're not really crazy...

Anyways, Rose Red. Who the hell is she? You don't know her name. Eris. It's probably been said twenty times in your presence and you couldn't repeat it if somebody threatened to spear your heart. “Rose Red, the leader... not the Glass Horn.” Not the Glass Horn Seele. Gods you're eloquent. It's the best you can do. Perhaps he will figure it out. “I was General,” kind of a lie- but nobody had ever bothered to refute your claim. Not the Lesbians, not the Phantom Seeker, not the other crazies. You were General but all in official title, there had just been a little too much going on to make it official.

“We were granted a herd, led by the Glass Horn and some Golden Asshole of a pegasus.” Good name. You're sure he probably told you his real one, but obviously you had better things to do than pay attention. “Anyways, who do they name General? Rose Red. Who hasn't fought more than one or twice in her whole damn life. I bleed, I sweat, I toil, and for what? To be put under her command and made to follow her around like a puppy? I don't think so. She's going down, Pretty Boy. And you and I deserve what she has.” Maybe you shouldn't have spilled so much of your plans so quickly. You're usually smart enough to contain these types of things, to wait, to be patient and yet... Anger seems to override any decision making capabilities you have. He has to know, because he has to help you, because even you cannot do this on your own.

You are stronger since you and him last met, you no longer fear you will lose to him in battle.

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Oxy at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Stephy
Arlo

The brute standing in front of me was clearly not all there. Not that I could hold that against him of course. In fact it made me warm to him a little. He showed no compassion for the state I was in, standing there broken, basically snapped in half. Again, that should have pissed me off but it made me respect him. I couldn’t say that I would have shown him any sympathy if I needed something from him. I thought back to our battle. It had been an epic fight, one that could have quite easily have gone the other way. I could have been the one who walked away bitter and defeated, rather than victorious. I remember the feeling that we could have been friends if we didn’t have such pride. Perhaps camaraderie could finally be an option now, perhaps we could work together. He clearly had a bone to pick with the crazies, and I wanted out. I couldn't face them any more, I couldn’t fight for the insane any longer. It would kill me to leave my dove behind, but I was sure she was doing fine without me. She had most likely even forgotten my existence, or more probable she hated me for leaving her side.

His attitude towards me made me stand a little taller, prouder. Even at my lowest point, he still saw me as someone to ask for help. It didnt matter that I was most likely a pawn, someone of little consequence, but still, it meant something, and it gave me something else to focus on. I watched as he struggled to explain himself. He seemed confused by himself. It seemed that we had more in common than either of us realised, and were too stubborn to admit, even to ourselves.

I listened as he started to explain himself, and what had been happening to my clan whilst I had been away. He struggled to keep the disdain from his voice, which I was assumed was for the fact that I had absconded. It was more than fair really, I was a deserter after all. Which was supposedly punishable by death.

As he spoke, it slowly started to click that he was talking about Eris. Eris had taken his, well really my position within the Asylum. But I couldn’t care a less that he had jumped in my grave quicker than a cat on hot coals. But it gave me an excuse to fight them, to jump ship. It meant risking the wrath of the rabid bitch, but hell, I didn’t have much to live for any more.

I just had one question before I joined forces with my supposed nemesis. “Okay Oxy. I'll help you, on one condition.” I rumbled. “Can you tell me how the blackend dove, the seeker is doing?” It made me look weak, sure, but he couldn’t afford to be picky right now and I just had to know, so I could let her go. She had to be okay. “Whatever you have planned, I need to know she won't be harmed.”

I might be a broken shell of myself, but it didnt mean that I had forgotten just how deeply I cared for her. There was no way I would let her fall into harms way. I would kill the brute before it came to that, even if it meant I fell to my death. At the least it would be an honourable way to die. I wondered what exactly he had planned for the ones who went bump in the night...

OXY.
“The Phantom Seeker leads the sleuths. She's done well for herself.” Your voice betrays nothing. Not your lust, not your desires, not your tottering after her like a child. As far as you know she is fine, healthy, leading a wonderful fucking life as the princess to the Lesbians, loved by all. Even you, cold hearted and too involved with your Locoweed to have time for love lust after her. Her sugar lips, her saccharine words that drape over you, draw you to her. She is something special and you know now why pretty boy tottered after her like a child- you do the same thing. And now you would be jealous, be angry that he inquired after her, but your hatred of Eris is far greater than your lust for the Phantom Seeker. If you must pick and choose in this situation, then you pick revenge.

“She will not be harmed,” you add afterwords, looking over him and eyes widening as you finally come to some realization that he will need healing. Clearly he is damaged beyond his body's capability to heal on its own. But you feel no pity for his injuries- hurt makes the body grow. Your creed? What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Still... At least he has agreed to help you. For once you feel like you're getting somewhere. You're not fumbling around in the dark on your own, hoping and waiting for a chance to prove that you're more useful than they seem to think you are.

“We take them down from the inside out,” you say finally, lowering your voice and making sure nobody is around to hear you. You see none, you hear none. You are safe. “I won't run. I won't give them the pleasure.” That's about as far as your plan has gotten so far. Destroy what they love from within. And so you watch him, wondering what he thinks of it, wondering if he will recognize the invitation when you throw it at him. From within. You never even consider that he doesn't want to rejoin the Asylum. Not that he has to, there are plenty in the Falls that do not seem loyal to the Lesbians' cause.

“The healer lives,” you add onto the end. You do not tell him she will fix him, you do not demand that he fix himself. You won't make him be victim to such pity. You know a warriors heart. And while you do not know Pretty Boy, you think his heart rings the same. On the end, you add quietly, “Think of us...” Still, even in your mind, you're not sure if by us you mean you and him or you and yourself. For now, it must be both. This has gotten bigger than something you can handle on your own. You may be rash, but you're not entirely stupid.

Stephy
Arlo

His words were like a calming salve to my soul. The warm balm of the sun after a long night waging war on myself. She was okay, better, she was doing well for herself in my absence. I couldn’t deny it didn’t sting a little that my disappearance had barely entered her radar. But her well being was the reason I left in the first place, when I noticed that I was slowly losing my mind. I couldn’t bare the idea of placing her at risk, in harms way of the abhorrents that lurked within my very core. She had been the reason that I had managed to keep them dormant for so long. They would know of her meaning to me, they would have torn her apart. Her last breath would have been taken from her, with her thinking her undoing was down to me, when the truth was is that I would die before harming a hair on that pretty dial of hers.

A slight flash of the green eyes surged through my veins as it registered with me the look on the brutes face when he spoke of her. It was the way I looked when I thought of her. This stag, the one who had caused me trouble from day one, the one that I had just agreed to enter into collusion with had the very same feelings for my dove that I did. Would this be a problem? I mused over it briefly. I decided not. If he had gotten close to her, I was pleased. I was glad that she had someone else to look out for her. Not that she needed it of course. She could more than look after herself, for she had proved it time and time again to me. But still, it never hurt to have someone on your side. It wasn’t a feeling I had all too often these days.

I returned my attention to him as his guttural lyrics started again. I blanched a little as he spoke of taking them down from the inside. It meant returning to the clutch of the crazy. Something I hadn’t planned on, at least not yet. Not until they sent the rabid bitch snaking after me at least. But plans and intentions changed on a dime in times of war. I, of all beings knew that, being a warrior from birth. This was to be my next move, I knew this now. I had returned at this very point to ensure that this were to happen. Oxy and I finally had a common goal, a reason to work together, rather than against.

I was grateful to him. He didn’t treat me with pity, or barely alluded to my poor state of health. He clearly knew well enough that I was perfectly aware I wasn’t currently the best sparring partner. My ego wouldn’t cope with having it thrown in my face right now. I would get myself fixed, it was well within my best interests as well as his. “Very well, I'm with you, for as long as our interests meet. I will enter the fray again, with you as my equal. The question now is, is when?” I wanted to know if he had anything in mind, or if this would be a meeting of the minds, and we would come up with something together..