the Rift

[PRIVATE] The Weavers (Crafter)

Cashmere Posts: 115
Up For Adoption atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 5 (Orangemoon) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
My heart is filled with joy and hopefulness, even the dreariness of Frostfall cannot dampen my spirits. The Earth God has blessed me, and chosen myself and one other from among many who sought him. He has tasked me with a quest. A quest to learn of the different crafters within Helovia, of the different herds, so that I may be able to better understand what it is they do. When I have completed my task, he will grant me my own desire to craft. As I told him... I know there is some sort of darkness within me. A darkness that destroys. I don't know what it is, and I don't know how or why it does what it does. But I desire to create, to somehow repair the balance and do something to create where I have somehow destroyed.

The third and final place I have journeyed to... the Aurora Basin. A hidden valley, one that I never ventured to. I wonder if I was ever meant to find it, as a stranger from another land. But I come in peace, and want only to learn from those that craft here. What is it that those of the Basin create? In the Falls, we create from stone, as granted by the Earth God. The rocks rise around me as I step carefully into the valley.

I want to lower my head to the ground submissively, to let watchful eyes know that I mean no harm. But my survival instinct prevails and I lift my head up, keeping watch for any predators that might be lurking. I stop shortly not too long after crossing into their land - I do not want anyone to think I am a threatening trespasser. Gently I call out, but I project so that my voice carries. "I am Cashmere of the Hidden Falls. I am on a quest, given to me by the God of the Earth. I seek to meet any crafters that live here." A little name-dropping never hurt, right?

OOC: To meet the crafter(s) of the Basin, in pursuit of fulfilling the quest given to her by the God of the Earth.
Tag: @[Ulrik] , @[Farenjer]

how I walk
"how I talk"
how I think
-how She talks to me-

Table by Lauren || IMAGE CREDITS
[Image: cashmere_by_lainey_lou-d73bbjq.png]
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Silk excluding dismemberment and death.

Ulrik the Engineer Posts: 235
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 hh :: 11 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kirchoff :: Common Hellhound :: Superspeed Tamme
ULRIK
"I hate the cold."

Ulrik should not be allowed to answer the front door. Unfortunately, his current work station more or less demanded that he be right at the narrow entrance between two mountains that lead straight into the heart of the Aurora Basin. As he worked on the first of the two sentinels which would guard the entrance to their land, he hummed thoughtfully, using what metal he had to build further upon the first, rigid frame. The machine would be his first project of such a grand scale, and as such, he was taking his time and being incredibly careful, double and triple checking his calculations for errors.

A machine this large with a malfunction could prove fatal, and he would not be responsible for such a poor design. Ulrik's eyes narrowed, however, as he turned, pulled from his thoughts as a stranger walked up to their gates again. Why did everyone only come and bother them in the north? When was the last time he, Deimos, Illynx and others went traipsing south to the Dragon's Throat for tea time and a visit? Never. If they came up on your gates, they would be tearing them down with the intent of eradicating all inside. None of this... visiting... nonsense.

The Engineer scowled, ears tilted back as she said that she was from another herd. At least she was a unicorn, otherwise his thin civility would be almost non-existent. Ulrik could not give less of a shit that the Earth God sent her or that she was from the Hidden Falls, whatever that was. Also, why was she looking for him as a crafter? The black, beastly stallion towered over her, bronze eyes absolutely mad and glinting with wickedness. He remained silent for long after she had finished speaking, observing her silver and purple form.

"I am a crafter," he said finally, guttural tones uninviting and dark. "What do you want?" He was not going to beat around the bush. Either she would be straightforward and they would get this over with, or he would chase her out with his white, hard teeth snapping at her hocks. He didn't mind either option.

Credits: Image by Flowering Fatality @ DA

(Please tag me in every post)

Farenjer Posts: 68
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16 hands :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
Loulou

farenjer
A phantom of the ice and snow

As the day withered on Farenjer had begun progressing with the project. He came to appear by the metallic statues in the narrow passage and looked up to them. They were proud pieces to behold, crafted mostly by the man who knew his metals. As the artisan observed the progress, a feminine voice breezed through the stiff air. He turned, locks of ebony hair brushing along his face, his icy orbs raking over the site of a smaller mare who stood in the gateway of their home. As the towering ebony unicorn approached her, Farenjer swept his tail and gazed with an observant, parted expression upon his face.

She appeared to be of all beautiful natural greys, with black tipping at her feet and lips, gentle chocolate orbs reflected the snow, and a silver horn stood upon her cranium. His eyes fell upon what appeared to be of pinks and purples under her belly. Farenjer recalled as she had inquired she was from the Hidden Falls, and her reasons for approaching such an icy lair was because she had a quest from a God.

Curiosity gleamed off his blue eyes and he approached Cashmere, his ears rotating forward with a meeting gaze. Ulrik gave a less unfriendly vibe, meeting up to her call and questioning her. Farenjer just settled by the other weaver and paused briefly. Words never said, for Ulrik had stated everything now. But Farenjer gave a silent more greeting approach as he watched her in his silence, thinking. What would this girl want? What could this Earth God give to her, for her to come all this way to the icy North? Would she know of their unfriendly ways? And why would she need the crafters? Icy orbs flickered to the ebony stallion who's ears melted away at his head and his passive aggressiveness drowning the already tense ambience. Farenjer hoped that Ulrik would go a little easy on her. She seemed to come alone, was a unicorn, and most importantly in peace. His eyes settled now upon the stranger once more. She seemed friendly enough. Finally, he tips his head in passive wariness. But words never touch his lips.

text text text

"Thinking. Speaking. Acting."

Table Credits to Baylee (cammyandbaylee.deaviantart.com)
[Image: farenjer_by_foxyfirewings-d6t57ac.png]

Adoptable
Approaching me, one after the other, are two beasts. Both male, both taller and more well-built than I. I shrink away slightly, but the extravert in me pushes forward. The first beast to approach is a dark unicorn, with goldish colors up his leg and in his mane and tail. A leonine tail - different from my normal, equine tail. I swish my own plume back and forth. He is aggressive in his greeting, waiting at first before speaking, but then his voice comes out gruff, and seemingly resentful for being called out. I stand my ground. You won't frighten me away! -Atta girl.- She doesn't pester me, because she approves of my behavior -- for once. A smile spreads across my face.

Before I can reply, the second beast has appeared. Another dark unicorn, his tail resembling mine. The white markings upon his cheek stem from his eyes, and they remind me of lightning. Curious marking. I notice when I glance again that the same markings are on his cannon in the back. Curious indeed. He does not say anything, but I feel less tension coming from him, and I feel my gaze lingering on him longer, appreciating his more open, if silent, welcome.

When I'm ready to speak, I glance between both of them, giving them my equal attention. Of course, I am grateful both of them have appeared to greet me and hopefully help with my quest. -Then ask, slut.- My lobes twitch back and my eyes flash, not pleased with the Voice. Irritation at the interruption, so poorly timed. My loves swivel forward again, and I pull my happy disposition back together. "I would like to know what you craft here, and what things you craft. What magic has been granted to you allowing you to bend materials to your will?" I am as straightforward as the first brute is, and as I finish speaking my attention refocuses on him.

how I walk
"how I talk"
how I think
-how She talks to me-

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

ULRIK
"I hate the cold."

Ulrik felt the presence of his knitting brother approach his side. The word still left a bad taste in his mouth, and he was half-convinced that d'Artagnan still deserved that woven noose. Farenjer wasn't as insulted by d'Art's words, he hoped, as the silent stallion could use a little self-confidence. At least, that was what Ulrik thought. He watched as his equal tilted his ears forward at the mare and the Engineer calmed from his guard dog mentality.

The question the mare asked was straight forward enough, and at the very least, they could show her a good time. Right? Maybe that could gain an ally on the outside, or even a convert? Ulrik's expression twisted up into a smile, which was probably the most creepy expression he could possibly make. Ulrik didn't wear smiles very well. He looked insane. Certifiable. Lock him up, please.

Fortunately, the smile faded, and he stepped back, leaving a path open into the Basin a little more. "Well, we do have a few projects in the works, perhaps my comrade, Farenjer, and I could demonstrate?" he suggested, his voice turning from harsh gravel to semi-fine rock. Ulrik walked slightly more toward the unfreezing lack, turning to Farenjer. The snow crunched under his cloven hooves, hoping that his equal and the foreign mare would follow.

"A tent, perhaps? For our meetings?" he suggested. The tent would be able to house all of them, hopefully, and protect them from the elements during important discussions. Could he quest for a god to have it sound proofed? Now that would be a good idea...

Hidden Account
Loulou

farenjer

Farenjer listened in collected coolness as the breezes gently tugged at his drawn darkly form, within the narrow passage. He couldn't help but admit he was rather curious to find this mare among the Basin from the Hidden Falls, and now she had clearly stated why she was here. The stallion was surprised of how someone could be as bold as a to walk up to the doors of an unfriendly lair, and just be so honest. The soft words gently spilled from her mouth. She told of how she wished to know their general ways of crafting, how the crafting tier's culture was within the North. Farenjer's ears flickered as he watched her intently. He seemed to become more familiar and liking her presence quickly. For no one seemed to care in this icy valley of Ulrik and his works. No matter how hard they labored, most citizens only cared if it benefited themselves. Ah, what a selfish world it was out there.

Farenjer looks to his partner with a held blue gaze. His eyes widened a bit at the expression held on the tall stallion's face. Teeth exposed and lips curved, it seemed the cold man was smiling. Farenjer had never seen him smile before, and quietly inside he thought he preferred him with his usual gruff look. Soon as the smile was put on, it rapidly faded away from the ebony man's face and Ulrik spoke with a less raking tone "Well, we do have a few projects in the works, perhaps my comrade, Farenjer, and I could demonstrate?" The black stallion turns to Farenjer and he looks at Ulrik with a small casual frown.

He inquired "A tent, perhaps? For our meetings?" Farenjer slowly nodded while speaking in his usual cool, collective vocals "Sounds good. We should be off to a pitched tent then." Farenjer turns slowly to the guest. His icy blue stare raking over her once more and he watches her intently. "Come. We do have much to discuss in shelter." Farenjer turned once more, ready to head towards a pitched tent, waiting for both's unspoken words as the frozen breeze nipped at his ears. He was eager to show what he could do, to discuss such traditions of the North with their artisans. Like he thought before, no one ever cared much for a crafter. As he recalled by D'artgnan's standards, he was only but a mere "knitting buddy"

(So sorry I took long! It won't happen again! D:)

Adoptable
One of you I know now, the other is still a mystery. The dark, grumpier stallion manages to paste a poorly constructed smile upon his face. It makes my heart skip a couple beats. -Now if that's not a beast to destroy, I don't know what is.- Of course the Voice is the more violent between us, but I feel my hairs stand on edge. That face. Oh my goodness. I don't feel so safe standing here anymore. But his words are not aggressive or even rude. How can I be so uneasy when there appears to be no threat toward me? -Because he gave you a demon smile.- Yes, perhaps that's it. But I'm determined to see the good in everyone, including this beast.

A tent? The one called Farenjer joins in finally, agreeing with the dark grumpy one. His blue eyes are kinder, gentler, and much more welcoming than the eyes of his bronze-marked fellow. I nod in agreement. "Of course, let's go. I don't mean to be rude.. but, what is your name, Sir?" I ask politely and wonder if he will respond in kind, or with his initial gruffness upon my arrival.

This visit for my quest is definitely taking the cake for the visit that is the most difficult, just based on the mysterious attitudes of these fellow crafters. But I am brave and determined, and I will fight through the barrier to find the good on the other side. One of them, Farenjer, seems to see that in me, and see that my intentions are good and wholesome. But I can't get a read upon the other, except that there's something dark going on inside that horned skull. I'm not sure I even want to know...

TAG: @[Ulrik] & @[Farenjer]

--PS-- Really need to finish this! Once I finish this thread I can turn in my quest!

how I walk
"how I talk"
how I think
-how She talks to me-

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

ULRIK
"I hate the cold."

Ulrik was flattered by this unicorn mare's interest. She was not interested in his creations. Did she even know of the metal beasts he contrived? Rather, she was interested in the power of the God of Time had given to him and his brother in craft, Farenjer. The Engineer had no concept of social normalcy, but to say that his mind was a pleasant place would also be a lie. However, most of his awkwardness was born of genius. Common conversation was so dull, so useless, that he did not bother to understand or mimic the cues.

The stallion's eyes were not on the gray mare, so when she spoke, he did not know whom she was speaking to. He glanced back over his shoulder briefly, raising a brow as if asking if she wanted to know his name. Did she? She would be one of the first. For having been around Helovia for a very long time, very few actually knew the name or intentions of the dark, bronze-marked beast.

Ulrik walked toward the tent site that was cleared, and he summoned the magic the time god had provided. Carefully, he constructed the tent, a large area for many to fit comfortably inside. He needed Farenjer's help to complete it, but he would not force the stallion to participate. [OOC: Farenjer help make tent, yah? :D ]

Once constructed, Ulrik walked inside, the thick, tapestry walls keeping the cold at bay. He looked at the unicorn mare and his...friend... "What did you want to discuss?"

Adoptable
I look between the two stallions. Both are rather quiet and somewhat awkward in their social interactions. I find it annoying, because it puts more pressure on me to uphold the 'conversation' that needs to take place. -Kick them in the balls, maybe that will motivate them.- She adds an evil cackle to complete the thought. I harumph, but maybe she has a point. The dark, grumpy one doesn't answer me - does he even realize I'm talking to him? Instead he faces away from me and constructs a tent out of midair. I stare in wonder. Is that the crafting magic they are gifted with in the Basin? I follow him inside. Farenjer remains quiet and passive in his interactions, so I focus my attention on the bronze-marked man. "What did you want to discuss?" Well! Let me tell you something.

"Well, what is your name? I know Farenjer's name but I think it would be very poor reporting to come back to the Earth God without all the crafters' names." She has started to insert herself in my speech, but I don't try to stop her. Maybe she will help me get things done here. I throw more questions his way. "Besides that, I want to know what materials you use? What sorts of things do you make?" Pretty simple questions really. -Of course they are, you just have to be more fucking assertive and demand some answers.- I nod to myself and look around at the large tent that I'm standing in.

"You used your crafting magic from a God to make this tent, yes?" It is nice, to have shelter from the wind and snow and frost. Though these stallions are a little odd, I can see how this magic could prove very useful.

@[Ulrik] @[Farenjer]

how I walk
"how I talk"
how I think
-how She talks to me-

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Hidden Account
Loulou

farenjer

Farenjer observes the unicorn mare as she seems to try hard to seek more information. Some pity seems to wash up in his mind as he sees her trying to get his partner's name, and wonders if Ulrik would be giving it so quickly. Farenjer silently walks beside Ulrik as they make their way to an area within Basin grounds. He remained silent, but the stallion could feel the presence of Cashmere close to him. He wondered if she was rather on her second thoughts now to be entering such an unknown territory to her. Especially with him and the black stallion as her hosts.

Walking along the narrow passage, Farenjer followed close to the other crafter towards the tent grounds. He folded his ears back to listen to the guest if she were to murmur questions while Ulrik began the summoning magic. He took a step forward and assisted the ebony stallion with the tent, before nodding his head in approval of the nice, spacious structure. Walking within the confinements of the protective fabrications, he turned around and allowed the mare to find her place within the space. He watched her curiously as she turns to Ulrik when he inquires "What did you want to discuss?"

Farenjer watches her intently as she speaks. The mare simply does not want to let down the god, she seems determined to get it right. The lightning stallion found her intriguing for not only being another crafter, and a brave one at that, but for having a quest. He had never met someone on a quest before, why did this god need her to travel about the Helovian realm seeking others of her same tier from foreign soils? Farenjer was very puzzled on why in the name of the gods would the immortal being gift her only by doing this... quest. But he brushes away his own confusions to hear more of the mare's words. After requesting the ebony stallion's name, she then continues with her questions. The lightning stallion blinked before saying with collected words "We use varieties of fabrics for things depending on how capable they are. Our material comes from anywhere, but a lot of the time for weaving we use plant based sources." Thinking of ropes, blankets, and even the tent they stood within. Though he had to admit, it would be good fun to attempt to manipulate and weave leather into a nice, sturdy bag. He wondered as he stated the answer out loud, if Ulrik would be let down that his partner had given away it so easily. But Farenjer couldn't help it, no one ever wanted to talk about things such as these. The ebony stallion and him were the only unicorns within the Basin who understood art like they did, and how to make it.

Adoptable
The stallion known as Farenjer speaks up first, answering one of the questions that I've posed to the beasts. I hope that the dark one will soon speak up, but in the mean time I'm happy to get any answers. "We use varieties of fabrics for things depending on how capable they are. Our material comes from anywhere, but a lot of the time for weaving we use plant based sources." Okay, so they weave and they mostly weave with plants. That's good to know, and I realize that part of my quest here is answered. I look around at the tent and move to press my nose against the fabric. It's sturdy enough, and I wonder what else they can create. "So you can make things like tents, but what else can you make?" Of course, I haven't given the dark one much of a chance to reply, but I'm sure he'll speak up. He seems like the kind of guy that will assert himself when it's time to speak up. I look back to him, my soft brown eyes strangely piercing.

@[Farenjer] @[Ulrik]
just.. don't mind me. I'm going to keep throwing posts up.

how I walk
"how I talk"
how I think
-how She talks to me-

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Ulrik
the engineer
Ulrik paused and looked at her, wondering if he should give this girl his name. Very few people knew him by name if they knew him at all. He rarely ventured out of the Basin, and before that, he rarely ventured out of the World's Edge. What was a name anyway? "Ulrik," he said simply, leading the way through the Basin and into a snowwy reception where he and Farenjer worked together to build the large tent.

Once inside, he listened to her incessant questions, pleased that Farenjer fielded one of them. As far as he was told, what they made was not a secret, and he was glad that the stallion had replied - especially in a way that was very "organic" and "green" (wasn't that trendy now anyway?). The Engineer nodded to Farenjer, deciding that they made a good team. The tent was ample evidence of this fact, and he looked forward to creating more things with this blue...ish... friend.

When she turned to look at him, Ulrik blinked once, his stony expression unreadable. He nodded slowly. "The patron god of this land, the God of Time, is the one who gives us this magic," he explained. Then he gave her a wan, irritated look, raising a brow as if to ask 'really' to her question about what they could make. "We weave. What do you think we can make?" he asked.

Maybe that wasn't very nice. "Flags, blankets, bags, rope..." he trailed, his voice indicating that the possibilities were fairly endless.

"Talking"
Image Credit to Imi

Hidden Account
Loulou

farenjer

The lightning stallion watches the foreigner intently as she motions to look around the large tent and presses her nose against the mended side. Testing its capabilities and how the bonded fabrics reach and hold together. "So you can make things like tents, but what else can you make?" The unicorn mare questions, and a list of objects comes to mind as Farenjer remains quiet. Allowing for his partner to speak within the conversation, to introduce to her several other items that they make within the Basin. Farenjer observed, as the ebony unicorn nodded slowly and spoke. First of the god who watches over this herd land, and how they had bestowed magic upon him and the lightning stallion to become known as weavers.

He watched without an expression upon his face, except for the small frown curving upon his lips as Ulrik raised an eyebrow in question. "We weave. What do you think we can make?" Farenjer looks over to Cashmere who he wonders if she would perhaps flinch at his words. But then the dark stallion lists several of the things they could mend. The lightning stallion decides to state how important they really are to the Basiners. "Being an Aurora Basin crafter is a role that is very honorable. We craft and mend the textiles and fabrics that hold our herd's future together. We are... the ones who put a desire into reality." Farenjer added in quietly. He gestured towards the sturdy tent that confined them and how it held the weather and other unicorns from seeing their discussion. How it created their own little world where they may speak without interruption.

He blinked wordlessly, and watched thinking of the information the mare had so far given out to the weavers of her quest. He now seemed to somewhat understand what this god was thinking. How this quest would end with more wisdom within her as she would return to her herd. He nodded to himself silently thinking of how, if the unicorn mare put her mind to it, would become quite the crafter among her ranks. Or whatever they called their create tier within the hidden falls. She would now have the knowledge of foreign worlds where the artisans are different in appearance and mending. What a clever way to create a sharp, knowledgeable individual, he noted.

@[Cashmere]

Adoptable

I am pleased, to say the least, that the ebony stallion finally gives me his name. Ulrik. Not a bad name for the gruff, stalwart man. I nod my head politely, giving him credit for being willing to give up this small piece of personal information. It seemed that for him, names were something he did not often exchange, and rather rejoiced in anonymity. For him to be willing to part with this nugget of information must have been different. Though he speaks it simply, that he took so long to give it to me speaks volumes. I gather that my persistence is starting to annoy him, and I notice the irritation that grows on his countenance. -If he doesn't want you to ask over and over again, then he should be more forthcoming.- The Voice snarls. But She is right, and I can't help but agree with her. This would be much less painless if the dark one was less reluctant.

On the other hand, Farenjer, though quiet, has seemed more eager to be of service. Though I gather I may start getting on his nerves soon, too, he seems to have more patience for my nagging. That's good, because I am certainly not leaving without the all the threads of this tale. What surprises me is that Ulrik does supply some information for me, though he is surprised that he has to give it. I don't read minds, you know. But he does tell me who the patron God is of the Basin (the God of Time), and that they weave. Items like this tent, rope, blankets, are all fairly commonplace. Farenjer jumps in, emphasizing the importance of their role within the herd. I nod, agreeing that a crafter's role is very important. Though previously, I did not necessarily understand how weavers were helpful to equines. Now, however, I can see how they might be handy. Ropes and bags especially sounded useful to me.

I bow my head and the warmth returns to my eyes and voice. "Thank you for assisting me, Farenjer and Ulrik. I appreciate your time and kindness. I will remember this, and may we meet again under such benevolent circumstances." I wait a moment for goodbyes, if they are given, before leaving the tent and making my way out of the Basin.

I have collected all the information that I need, and I shall now make my way to the Veins of the Gods, where I will meet again with the Earth God and present him with all that I have learned.

@[Farenjer], @[Ulrik]
Thanks guys!! <333

how I walk
        "how I talk"
        how I think
        -how She talks to me-

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread