the Rift

[OPEN] keep your word

Abishia Posts: 225
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16 HH :: 5 years ~ Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Wild.

The child still bears a confident demeanor, but she has changed much in the time of her disappearance. But some things have not changed, including her respect for certain beings she has met, and been quiet hunger for power, as Well as a feirce want for a place to call home. She still hasn't forgotten Illynx, and their odd meeting that ended in Illynx presenting a lock of her hair so Abishia could come to the Aura Basin to meet with Illynx once again. But the child's first attempt at this only ended in disaster, when the memory of the beautiful and mighty Illynx was erased and replaced by the ugly wraith. Shivers run up and down the girls spine, but she can't help but feel excitement knaw at her heart. 

Lengthy steps lead her over a small rise, then down into a snowy valley. The day isn't as windy as usual, quite calm and somewhat relaxing to the painted mare. She makes her way quietly to what she faintly remembers as the entrance to the Basin. With Illynx 's locks in her kissers, she belows a whinny, her dual colored orbs skimming the vast white tundra. Shuffling her front hooves, she lays the locks on the snowy ground, a beautiful contrast between ebony strands and thick white powder. Carefully, she steps down on the hair so it won't blow away, but only lightly so it is still visible.

" I come for Illynx, regarding one of our previous meetings, I hope to speak with her. Please let her grace me with her presence. "  

@[Illynx] 

"Abi Talk!"

Credits

lines
please tag me in any and all posts

Jorogumo Posts: 70
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 2 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Selkie

Her frozen hand takes your breath away
As she leads your soul through the dark

She came like a shadow, a mere whisper upon the cool crisp air. The spider smelled a familiar perfume. She was no warrior or guard of the mountain, but she wouldn’t let the butterfly escape from her web. The spotted girl called for the empress of the mountain, making wishes for the golden queen’s presence. Jorogumo wasn’t the child playing tag in the field any longer, she was an adolescent with a hunger to rip and tear.

Chou Jorogumo whispered as she came up to the filly, her ears pinned back against her skull. “You step into the den of lions little lamb, turn back before you are devoured.” The spider looked at the spotted creature with sheer loathing, ah but the dished faced butterfly wasn’t the only one who moved with beauty now. Jorogumo had noted the way her legs weren’t as gangly and awkward. How her body was gaining feminine curves. Puberty surely had some perks beyond all the hormones and emotions. Now was not the time to think of her new body, now was the time to annihilate and vanquish the rodent that was entering their den.

Jorogumo remained unmoving in the face of the little filly, it appeared as though she served as a finer patrol of the lands than any warrior that deemed themselves a soldier. Surely a disgusting attribute if a child could excel at their duties over them. The spider stared at the girl expectantly, an invitation for her to turn back down the mountain path and leave. “You’re very stupid Chou to come wandering to the Basin. Next time you come, poison will run through my veins and I’ll make sure you get a taste of it.” A giggle passed from her lips at the image of the girl curled up with flesh festering and wounds bleeding out. “I hope Kisaki lets the wolves take you, because you’re no better than a worthless servant.”

She waited patiently, hoping the mare would fall into tears. It was someone else’s turn to cry and be the weakling. It was time for someone else to be dominated. Jorogumo was a queen and she would dig her fangs into the filly and all that would remain was her dried carcass. Well, of course, she wouldn’t shred the girl to pieces until Kisaki gave her verdict on what to do with the hideous little hornless.

@[Abishia]

You know that she came to break your heart
But oh when she moves you fall in love again

Image Credit

Icon by Bronzehalo

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie

It all comes down to a single moment,

She is not far from the borders when the painted girl arrives to her glacial palace, the golden streaked wench observing the stillness of the herd land from between the sentinels and the glassy lake. Perhaps d’Artagnan had been right, somewhat. There was little activity where once there had been dozens of faces roaming about during the hours of the day, though she supposed it could also be simple fear that held them in the nooks and crannies of the Basin, afraid that another wraith would appear out of nowhere and attempt to kill them all again.

Since returning, she does not patrol as often as she used to; the ranks in place now are ones that she had nurtured herself, spoon fed tidbits of sugar and actually, for once, trusted to do most of the work involved around keeping the borders devoid of unwanted guests to those she’d assigned it to.

It was a nice feeling, this breath of release, a silver cloud rising from her nostrils as she happily looks out on the land she has come to know as her home. No longer does her heart ache for the Edge, the land in which she had been foaled and the place where her parent’s bones sunk deeper and deeper back into the earth. She also no longer fears mutiny, as strongly, at least; she will never put it past her associates to be malicious and self absorbed, especially the mare known as Zuriel (how she had ruffled so many hairs the wrong way on their last meeting and yet managed to endear herself to the golden bitch all the same) and the outspoken d’Artagnan.

It pains her to think of him as a threat, even briefly. Is he not true to the heart of the mountain and the God who rules over it? She was of the belief that she had done well by their deity – he had granted her a magical power and had given them a safe and joyful return home with his prowess over time. The mountain itself had not been touched by a single blow of darkness, it seemed, where as the wilds had been ravaged, at least where they had passed through, outside of their gleaming circle of vibrant life.

A call turns her head about, a memory flickering to mind of a chestnut youth who had attempted to talk an outsider to the land into wandering aimlessly with her among the wild lands of Helovia. What mare had that been? What names had they held?

For a hundredth time in a matter of a few days, she curses the fate that befell her and the mortals of her chosen home; she wonders why it is that others who suffered through the shadow so clearly remember what it is they have done before and during the infection and she is left with this crippling sense of being threadbare and without a distinct path to return her to where she had once been. Regardless, she thinks as she walks, then trots, her golden legs flashing in the sunlight of the vale and the refracting white gleam of the Sun’s gift across the veneer of snow, and names slip in eventually; Tangere, the grey mare who she has not seen since she had first brought her home, and Abishia, the silver tongued and emerald eyed outcast.

Why had they been parted, Tangere and she?

Jorogumo.

It is an answer and a thought, the dark filly standing there with all knives drawn and aimed towards the equine that Illynx herself had asked here, for some unremembered reason to her. Still, she needs to quickly intervene in this situation – it is quite obvious that blood will be shed quite quickly if she doesn’t subdue the over eager, moon eyed child, and her limbs are given extra speed by the sight of a girl she truly felt she had failed and was never to see again.

They had so much in common, they truly did; perhaps one day, she will pull her darling Jorogumo aside to tell her the story of her life, in more color and detail than even her Dark Empress could recount.

”I hope Kisaki lets the wolves take you, because you’re no better than a worthless servant,” she catches, her lips curving into a smile both sweet and dangerous at the same time. Her lessons have worked well, it would seem, perhaps overly so; the girl is only nearing her first year and is already lunging at the throats of the dogs that crawl along the underbelly of the kingdom, and her arrogance is not ill founded, either.

Her opponent might actually have had her hooves full if the Lady Illynx had not so quickly arrived on the scene, a quick glance shot to the dark locks laying across the white snow as her hooves stilled alongside the developing body of her somewhat adopted child. ”Easy now, dearest Jorogumo,” she says, ”I have invited this girl here, all is well. See the lock of my hair upon the snow?” She points lazily with her horn, metallic chains jangling against one another from her vast collection of amulets as she lowers her head and gathers the bundle into her mouth, tossing it across her shoulders before returning to face their visitor.

She is sure that this is not the first time she has greeted Abishia here, but she is not entirely sure why she knows these things or what precisely happened during their last meeting other than it had not been a sweet one. That the child was back to try again proved much of her spirit, and it made the smile on the twisted Lady’s face all the more brilliant.

”You’ve come to see the Aurora Basin, Abishia of no lands,” she says, sweetly as honey warmed by summer sun though the wolves growl and toss about in her belly, ”walk with me, as I promised.” It is an invitation, her delicate features turning on a gracefully arched neck back towards the opening from which she had come, the singular gate for those bred as Abishia was to come and go from the cold mountain home of the unicorns.

I L L Y N X               

the strong will fight and the weak will run.

image by bunnie.
Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Hidden Account
Wild.

The child glanced about, hoping that a horned one would soon find her. 

There is one thing odd about Abishia that you must know. Born of a hornless, fathered by a horned boy. The child had always had a fondness for the horns that bored from the great being's heads. A sudden envy was apparent in the child; a want that  could most likely never be put to rest. She has an amazing respect for the Unicorns, No matter how horribly they spoke to her. An odd child she was, but a true diamond in the ruff. 

Abishia's harks flew forward when the sound of hoof against powdered snow reached them. A light wind caused her mane to be flung every which way, the long highlighted locks dancing on the breeze. Straighting up, she looked around, and soon her hunger for knowing who it was, is fed. A taller, more lean and proportionate familiar figure appeared. The spider child. The two have met before, the younger of them nick naming the hornless Chou.  Abishia knew not what it meant, but when the word reached her harks again, she had to resist the urge to turn and flee. Despite the harsh words that flew from the dark maw, Abishia bowed her head respectively, then rose, still taller than the spider, but noticing how much the filly has matured. Green and brown orbs lingered over the girl's horn, jealousy threatening to darken her gaze. But she pushed away the feeling, opening her maw to speak to the child worthy of royal treatment. "Horned Princess, I wish not to intrude. I come with permissions from your Great Queen, Illy -" Her words were cut short when another entered the scene, causing Abishia's lips to curl into a menacing smile for a few moments, then fade as the Horned Queen began to speak. Bending one knee, she bowed her dome for several moments, then recovered her regal posture to listen to the Horned Beauty speak. ”I have invited this girl here, all is well. See the lock of my hair upon the snow?” The hornless girl bent to retrieve the lock of ebony, dropping it closer to Illynx, who soon bent to sling it over her shoulder.  

”You’ve come to see the Aurora Basin, Abishia of no lands,”

Abishia nodded respectively and waited until Illynx was done speaking for her to respond. When the Queen beckoned her to follow, she stopped herself, gesturing for Jorogumo to go before her. "Before me, Princess Jorogumo.  " She then turned to Illynx, quickly curling herself so she could grab the golden chain that beared a beautiful yellow gem. Swiftly, she dropped it in the snow before Illynx.  "Miss Illynx, I brought you this as one of the many ways I am thanking you. A great Queen you are, you deserve many more gifts, greater than any I could ever accompany. This is my best, for you. You letting me very and experience your home is something I could never repay you for. "

"Abi Talk!"

I apologize for any and all spelling and grammar errors. I made this post on my phone, and Well, spell check can be a butt.

Credits

lines

Selkie

Her frozen hand takes your breath away
As she leads your soul through the dark

Jorogumo eyed the butterfly as she refused to leave, instead she poured out words of what she assumed to be petty flattery. Her ears twitched back slightly princess!? She wasn’t a princess, she was queen, ruler, and someday the dominator of men and shatterer of hearts. She stepped forward, prepared to let the filly bleed out onto the snow, but another interrupted her moment. For a split second disappointment swelled in her chest, but when she turned her head and saw that it was Illynx, as her vocals broke through the air the spider held restraint, for now. She looked at the lock of hair and snorted.

“Yes, I see it,” She admitted reluctantly. What use would this child be? Devious ideas flashed through the spider’s mind. Truly such a delicate body could be broken into the hard labors of a slave, anyone was capable of such service. Or maybe she could be the token whore shared about the warrior’s beds. Vile thoughts for such a youth, but the darkness had done much more than twist and tear her flesh for it broke her mind just as it had her soul. All signs of her king had faded as well, but Jorogumo didn’t mind for the cold north would always be her home, regardless of what Stupid Boy thought.

As Kisaki invited the girl for a walk, she watched the painted butterfly gesture for her to go. She shook her head at the other filly before walking alongside the golden queen. “Why are we letting this ragged vagabond into our lands?” She asked in a hushed tone loud enough hopefully for Illynx’s ears only. Wasn’t this the woman that told her of the tainted blood of the equines? Confusion and disdain consumed her mind and all she wanted was for the little rodent to scurry back to her little hole.

Then the little butterfly went a step further and presented Illynx with a necklace. Jorogumo looked at the filly skeptically, her ears against her skull. Her pale eyes drifted between the necklace and the other girl. Her disgust with the girl simply grows deeper with each passing moment. “You’re right, nothing you could give would be worthy.” Jorogumo said flatly. “Because everything you touch gets tainted by your hornless filth.” Perhaps a bit out of place as the butterfly was the queen’s guest. The spider wasn’t a diplomat, she was a cruel predator ready to devour any who were so unfortunate as to pass through her web.

"but i also talk the talk."

You know that she came to break your heart
But oh when she moves you fall in love again

Image Credit

Icon by Bronzehalo

She watches the reactions of the moon-eyed girl in response to this unusual turn of events, curious herself as to how the child’s first interactions with a true game of wit rather than one of violence would play out. The Lady hears the hesitancy of the growing babe to accept that all is well in the eyes of the Gilded Blade, but the smile that Illynx wears on her lips should portray plenty enough for the dark damsel to glean that there was more at play than what lay upon the surface, broadened in its depths by the painted equine’s submissive nature towards even the young Jorogumo.

Princess, she mentally laughs, glancing at the filly as she turns to walk into the lands, is that what I have made her? Or is this young woman so strange that all who wear horns are truly above her status, a foe arrived pre-tempered for our games?

The question is whispered as the walk begins, sooner than she had expected of the girl; she overestimates the level of this child’s understanding, finding that she is quite pleased with her intelligence and slightly distraught by the fact that she cannot see what is happening before their very eyes. Her grin, however, never wavers, a golden eye turned to look with a twinkling light down on one of her chosen students. ”All will reveal itself,” she replies, her voice equally low and muted for the secrecy of their passing, though she is sure that Abishia will notice that they whisper between each other, ”be patient, and watch. There are lessons to be learned in this walk.”

Lessons, even, for the Lady Illynx, who pauses with a most curious expression upon her face as Abishia removes her amulet, a gleaming beacon of the Sun’s power, and offers it to her, the gold flashing against the pure canvass of the snow; the girl’s words press into Illynx’s ego and inflate it syllable by syllable, her wonder at who she has invited home with her growing with every passing moment. It is at points like these that she wonders if her impulsiveness should be more carefully controlled, a flash of worry that she has unleashed a strange sort of plague into her home to have found a girl so obviously deluded on the realities of her life and that around her. But she must know; even if it means she will have to fight to restore a broken peace in the wake of this, she cannot simply walk away from such an alluring contradiction as a lamb entering a den of lions to dote upon the gleam of their claws.

A frown lines her mouth at Jorogumo’s quick response to the seemingly harmless offering of a necklace, lowering her lips to the object and grasping the chain between white teeth. She listens to the poison slip out of her adopted child’s vocal box as she twists her head back around to loop the gold about her leg band’s upper point, returning her eyes to the girls at the final sounding of the word, “filth.” She clears her throat, looking sharply towards the dark filly before returning her eyes to the girl who had offered her such a prize. ”I am thankful; do not let Jorogumo’s sharp words sting too deeply. She only seeks to defend my honor.”

Continuing on her path into the mountain now that she assumes all has been settled between the savage, white eyed girl and her curious threshold discovery, dark tail streaming along behind her and dragging its dips through the powdery snow. Maintaining a slow pace to allow the still growing children to keep pace with her, her curiosity gnawing away at her belly, slowly becoming unbearable; she could find no reasons as to why this child was so odd and could take the mystery no longer. ”Tell me, Abishia – why is a hornless such as yourself so drawn to my people?” her features are alive with the amusement she feels when broaching the subject of their infamy, words she knew had stretched far and wide from the bellowing lips of the miniature bitch Kri and the Dragon Whore of the Edge while her sister had ruled on the mountain with good Lord Mauja, ”surely you have heard the stories of the crowned devils in the North; most avoid the kin of the mountain at all costs.”

She pauses, tilting an eye towards the painted filly. ”And yet you have come twice, baring the key I gave you. You are quite brave for a failed creation, or deranged. I cannot decide which.”

@[Abishia], @[Jorogumo]

I L L Y N X               

image by bunnie.
Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Hidden Account
Wild.

Yes, she did adore Illynx, the way she walked, her regal attitude, mostly everything about her. But the fear burrowed deep in the filly's chest was too strong to be irrelevant. Although there was no hints to it in how she acted, her thoughts still buzzed with doubt and worry. She had always wished to be horned - yes, but she has to face the fact that no, she isn't, and she will never be treated like the horned species either - because her lack of physical appearance. Sadness began to replace the fear, but Abishia struggled to shove both the feelings away, aware of her horned company.

Abi had to hold back the snide responses to Joro, she had too much power over the hornless girl's head. But that didn't stop her
from flashing a confused look Joro's way. The filly was so irritable, so odd and mean when she was treated superior. Hell, if I was called Princess, I'd smile politely and nod, even if I was horned and the one who uttered it was hornless. Joro was odd -
her pale gaze boring into the hornless's coat, watching her every move, making it apparent that Abishia had no right to be in these lands. But Abi didn't need living proof of that, she knew it all too well. But being the filly she is, nothing stopped her. Not even the rude,
dark hued, evil Princess.

But soon, a polite smile fluttered over her lips as Illynx bent to retrieve her gift. Abishia dipped her head once more, flicking her
lobes forward to take in the words she spoke. ”I am thankful; do not let Jorogumo’s sharp words sting too deeply. She only seeks to defend my honor.” Abishia nods, completely understanding the Queen, her look still glowing, but not cocky or misplaced either. The great Queen begins to walk, and Abishia follows, keeping a respectful distance from the spider girl, careful to not get to close, but staying close enough to hear all the words that pour from the Leader's maw, if she did speak that is. Silence greets the unlikely trio momentarily, but is soon recovered by the golden kissed Queen. ”Tell me, Abishia – why is a hornless such as yourself so drawn to my people?”

The light smile grows wider, showing no hesitation, she begins to speak. "Who would be such an idiot to not be drawn to the beautiful horned beings that grace these lands? " She smirks slightly, but lets it fade quickly. Consciously, she flicks her harks back and forth, the wintery breeze daring to encroach on her precious hearing ability. Then Illynx bellows more words, and Abi listens carefully, giving a quick and thoughtful answer yet again. "Miss Illynx, your kind is so mighty and pure that I couldn't help but be intrigued. I know the tales, and I respect them. I am not supposed to be here, and I know that well. " She nods slightly, having to pick up her feet higher to clear the snow, and keep her graceful look but somewhat fast pace.

”And yet you have come twice, baring the key I gave you. You are quite brave for a failed creation, or deranged. I cannot decide which.” She doesn't flinch at the harsh phrase, failed creation. Why should she be offended by something she believes is true? Abishia cocks her head, not entirely sure how to respond. Silently she glances at Joro before she begins to speak. "I respect your token, and the opportunity you have given me. It would be rude to not meet you here, despite the disastrous meeting before this one. "

@[Jorogumo]

Credits

lines

Selkie
Jorogumo glanced over at the golden empress as she answered her questions. Things would be revealed, an answer that left her unsatisfied, but her satisfaction would come in the end. She hoped the answer would be a bloodied head upon a spike. It could be a warning, an image, to all who stumble across their empire. None would threaten their borders and little butterflies wouldn't flutter in when they saw fit. All her dark thoughts circulated through her mind but not a one was revealed upon her face.

When Illynx looked at her sharply, the spider met her gaze, not a bit of remorse for her words. When she believed Kisaki wasn't looking she rolled her eyes and turned her head out at the snow. It was foolhardy to permit the rat here. She could study their hills and entrances and sell the information to rivals and enemies.

Illynx spoke again, this time a question. Jorogumo found it a suitable question, and she looked at the painted filly with an expectant gaze. As her answer poured from her lips she wished to laugh out loud. Only idiots wander into our lands, she thought to herself with amusement. Such a disgusting conundrum this girl was, she would be an outside amongst her own kind.

The spider glanced at Illynx, curious how the queen would answer the girl. For once she would hold her tongue, let the adult draw in the little fly to her web where the spider could devour her.

@[illynx] @[Abishia]

Icon by Bronzehalo

The complements pour over her, sugary sweet and pleasing to her ego, drawing a simpering smile to the surface. Beautiful horned beings, indeed; she arches her neck an added degree as if to agree with her own resplendence, though consciously she wonders if the girl has anything more than flattery to explain her presence here. A glance is given to Jorogumo, thankful for her silence; the barbs on her tongue do not heed the moment, anyway.

This child must feel safe, secure here. Only then could Illynx learn her secrets; mortals were simple creatures, ones that required love and respect, and once they believed they had earned it, all things under lock and key gleamed in the sunlight for her eyes to devour. It was a matter of time, of proper manipulation and verbal skill, a lesson so meaningful to any woman destined for darkness as she and the moon eyed child were to learn.

Illynx had been forced to teach herself. Jorogumo would suffer no such cruelty.

The dulcet wind of her winter haven embraces the trio as they walk, the sight of the lake broadening on the horizon as the valley spilt into the most splendorous sections of its rolling hills and evergreen dappled borders, the snow a blanket to unify it all. Should she be pointing out the names and meanings of these places they traipse past?

”Fair enough,” she concludes at the end of Abishia’s answers to her questions, though she still wonders to what true purpose she so desperately wants to walk among the blessed of the earth. She splits left, pulling them towards the very heart of the land, the highest hillock amidst the center of the valley, where they can view all of the splendor offered to her kin in one sweep of the eye and she can play tour guide without such long pauses between the introductions of her treasures.

Still, the probing of her thoughts nags upon the golden Lady, lures her into more questions to fill the gaps of silence.

”Are you completely impure?” she asks, glancing over at the painted child with a raised brow and a gleaming eye, ”More bluntly… were both of the deviants who produced you hornless?” If the child answers that she is of purely equine decent, the mare might allow her to remain for a while longer in the mountain before she casts her away, the other two options available to reply with holding entirely different results.

Should she be half bird, the Lady will have no choice but to force her into the iron prison or kill her. She can allow no such disgrace to her good name.

Yet, should she be half royal, her crown stolen by the impure actions of her family, the Gilded Blade may yet have use for Abishia of Golden Complements. Her mind trails off through her valley, into the dark woods bordering it all and the mountain passes guarding their privacy, to a dark stallion with gleaming bronze writ into his flesh. A master of metals, a creator of beauty from nothingness, and how many uses he holds for her dark mind; how very much like possession these feelings that wash over her as he crosses her thoughts.

He could save her, sweet Abishia. He could save them all, the lost ones, the children foresworn by the idiocy of their parenting, and together they could rid the earth of the blasphemers who condemned mere children to a life of no use beyond manual labor and the blood that might pour from their veins.

I L L Y N X               

image by bunnie.

Hidden Account
Wild.

Worry started to quicken her pulse, but the child so skilled at hiding her feelings resisted the feeling of freight to be shown on the outside, No change showing externally, but inside worries were brewing and doubts made her come close to the boiling point. She must remain calm, as she tells herself over and over. Her ears swivel back and forth, preparing for the ambush she was afraid that would come to be, the create coming to devour her. The little Chou as Joro called her, made her way silently through the snow, her footsteps muffled by the blanketed earth, looking out at the snow laden land that Illynx lead her through. Swift steps, delicate frame coming together as one, muscles contracting and reflexes quick, gracefully she followed behind, and when Illynx,  the great Czarina of these lands, spoke again, lobes flicked forward, erect and ready to take in her words. And her question, which was followed by a much more simple description (that the clever little girl didn't need, by the way), Abishia shook her dome from side to side, for No, she wasn't completely impure... Actually she was ruined by just one, one lady. Her mother, her tainted DNA poisioning the poor child's blood, somehow overtaking her otherwise, perfectly pure bloodlines.  "No, madame. My bloodlines are perfectly pure, all along the lines for as far back as I have come to know. But my mother, too arrogant to realize, tainted my blood and ruined my purity. " She tipped her head to the side slightly, a smirk on her ivory kissers, her true self beginning to blossom.  "Nor tainted by those birds either. " She shrugged slightly, the thought of if only she had a unicorn mother, she would be crowned. Her father should regret this, Castiel. That dumb son of a bitch had ruined her. It was his choice to become mates with the hornless, the uncrowned, the unworthy. 

It's crazy how this child can go from the sweet little lady to this menacing child that believes she shouldn't be what she should be. Hell,  she would give anything to be anything other but herself. She wasn't evil, simply wanting something she could never have. Insecure of her real self, just wanting to be anything but what she truly was. This is the reason for her confusion, her want to be someone else, her envy of the crowned... But the question is,  would being crowned satisfy her, or would she find something new to hate about herself, something new to be ashamed of, other than her race, her gene pool, her "tainted", "poisoned" blood. The reason for her mask, her skill to cover her true self, to switch from sweet to hateful and racist against her own kind, the kind of her sister, of been mother.  "You mus'nt care, but in the future, I aspire to become a crafter, to create my own horn. Then, I will be crowned. Not pure, but I will still get the one thing I have wished for my entire life."      

@[Illynx]
I've really got her mixed up here. At this moment in this thread, she is still thinking of joining the Falls, but since I moved on after this thread, she has already received a glass horn and joined the Falls. What is it that Illynx would do with her? Just so I can kind of shape her timeline. (:

Credits

lines

She walks between the two daughters of the earth, one born with the birthrights of a queen and the other a lost child, thankful for the silence of the young, white eyed princess and keenly listening to the words of the painted one she had invited here on a whim. The red and white butterfly is nervous, the Lady notes, watching the way her ears endlessly dance in search of swords and foes, and she wonders why it is that the girl is still so nervous after coming so deeply into the herd land; surely she has seen the way that the others they have passed glare upon her disfigurements, heard the sharp tongue that lashes at her heart from the young lips of Jorogumo, but surely she has also noticed that not a soul has moved to disturb them since the golden Lady arrived to take her on this walk.

They arrive to the knoll of queens and she pauses, glancing to the child just as she nods in accordance to Illynx’s assumptions that she is one of the lost ones. That the girl’s father is one she met once long ago on the Steppe is unknown to her, and perhaps would have led her to some insight as to this child’s nature. Castiel had been kind, overly so, the sort to rush headlong into love and never look back, not even when that which brought him such joy drove a spear through his heart.

She stands in the snow with the wind whispering through her dark hair, her face a soft frown as she looks down towards the moon eyed girl who called her Kisaki, empress, a single brow arched upwards as if to say there is a reason for all my madness, little sparrow, to rule out all the black damsel’s confusion as to what was coming to pass here. Little by little, the pieces fell into place. A pause of silence fills the air, one in which the mountain sings its snow song to them while thoughts trickle like half frozen water though their minds.

And then the girl speaks again, the Wanderer, and Illynx turns to look upon her with golden eyes that pity the girl that fate has ruined so completely. There is hope for her, still, and it is spoken aloud from those lips, the golden mare nodding subtly as she recalls a certain Engineer with power over metals. She must ask him sometime if it is possible to fix what the universe has left un-whole; surely it will be easier if the girl crafts herself a horn of glass as she says she will.

"I feel sorrow for you, our lost sister," she explains, voice sweet, flavored with her usual acidic sugar, "but I cannot help you, as you are now. Return here when you wear this horn of glass. I might have ways to bring to light the rights that fate stripped you of, but only then." A more serious gleam finds its hold on her face, ears erect and neck arched gracefully as she looks down on the Arabian filly. "I ask only for your loyalty, in exchange. Send me my brothers and sisters you find wandering, lost or new within Helovia, and bring me word of what transpires outside my wintry halls."

Her smile is delightful and worthy of trust, a disgusting mask that hides her selfishness behind glitter and prettiness.

"In exchange, I’ll give you a true horn."

@[Abishia]

There was a river once,
with many round stones
enchanted by shallow hopes
of embracing the ocean;
water is peculiar this way,
how its life is a line
that cannot bend or change
without the approval of its bed.

Hidden Account
Wild.

Her nerves still rise, finding it's way into her throat, clamping it shut, blocking it off. The silence is deafening, What if I said all the wrong things? Her gaze drops to the ground, hopes stomped upon and sadness inflicted by her own self. But when the silence is broken and Illynx's sweet voice slithers from her dark maw, Abishia 's harks become erect; and her words bring even more happiness. 

"I feel sorrow for you, our lost sister," What will would her herd think of her acknowledging a hornless in such a way? Abishia's smile growing, she eagerly waits for the Golden Queen's next words. Not a startling factor, but it does chip away at the sturdy rock building inside of her, made up of hope and determination.  Abishia nods, then flicks her harks (a bad habit she has come across) and waits patiently, glancing to Joro,  who thankfully stays quiet throughout her Queen's words. A deal, She thinks wonderingly, doubting if maybe this is the right thing for her to do. But as of now, she has No place to call home, so why shouldn't she recruit those that deserve to reign in these lands? Illynx's words echoed in her mind, "I ask only for your loyalty, in exchange. Send me my brothers and sisters you find wandering, lost or new within Helovia, and bring me word of what transpires outside my wintry halls." And just as she parts her maw to speak, startling words pour from her mouth. A HORN?! OH MY FUCKING... HOLY SHIT! ARE YOU SERIOUS, I'LL GET A HORN. OH MY GOODNESS. OH MY GODS! Excitement boils internally, the look of satisfaction easily displayed on her features. But her words are much softer than her thoughts. "Queen, your soft words and your offer of opportunity are of great measure. I will do this for you, I will serve you to my best ability. " With a swift gaze around her, she drops her vocals."I will return soon with a horn. Then, I will be able to among you, not fully pure, but I will have something I have always aspired for. My Queen, I will serve you and give you my loyalty until my last breath. I promise you this. If I ever will be able to call these beautiful lands my home, I will fight, mend, and craft. I will do all you please. I will do anything you say. And I never break a promise, Queen Illynx. But I must say, I cannot be a servant, my will is too strong, and if that is your wish for me, I will not be able to fulfill it. " She nodded slightly, then locked her gaze on the snow laden hills before her."You are a mighty Queen. You lead the pure and teach them to look down upon the lesser. " She giggled slightly, a smirk running across her kissers."You are what Helovia needs. You could get rid of the useless, put ones that aren't worth a blade of grass to work as servants. You could rule Helovia one day, Golden Queen. Rid of the lesser. " Her voice was a hiss. Turning to Illynx,  she met her golden gaze."Not one will ever dare to think I was ever an equine. "

@[Illynx]

"blah blah blah."

ABISHIA

Image Credits

lines

Selkie

Jorogumo
The sun is old on water, yearling flakes came whirling by.

Jorogumo tuned out their words, she found no purpose for the stupid girl’s presence. At the mention of the painted filly gaining a horn her brow quirked slightly. The spider rolled her eyes and shook her head in a subtle way. A masquerade was all this could ever gain, nothing more than that. Truly it was a pathetic and Jorogumo almost pitied the painted filly with her futile hopes and dreams. The spider’s eyes narrowed and she began to laugh as the painted equine prattled on about living amongst them.

“The day you become one of us will be the day I sprout wings and fly,” Jorogumo hissed, she had held her tongue long enough. She was the spider queen, not some compliant child. Illynx would most definitely be displeased with more harsh words pouring from her mouth, but she would smash the butterflies wings before it could fly. She would shred them and watch them float away upon the wind laughing as the chou screamed and pleaded. “You speak of strong will, but even the strongest of wills can be broken. You speak of useless ones, yet you are useless. You are a butterfly, a useless, little butterfly, only thing butterflies are good for is to be squished. Do you know what spiders do to butterflies Chou? We trap them in our webs and we devour them. If you live in the north you will find your bed infested with my little friends, and they will ever so slowly eat away at your dainty little flesh.” She giggled with glee at thoughts of such a sight.

For a moment she contemplated being on her way, to simply leave the two behind and deal with the consequences later, but she wasn’t quite done. “Others would most certainly dare the falsehood of your horn. If you ever get a crown, I will shatter it upon the rocks before I remove your head and mount it on a spike. You would be a warning to others on how the Spider deals with fools.”

Jorogumo stepped toward the painted filly and giggled before turning toward Illynx. “It was good to see you again Kisaki,” she said dipping her head, “I have learned much today.” Despite her outburst she saw the use the golden empress had made of the little painted one, she was obliviously becoming a slave to the north. “I will take my leave now, as I must begin a search for poison for the moon goddess.” With that she galloped off.

"blah blah blah."

@[Abishia] @[Illynx]
[So sorry for holding up the thread, Joro is toddling on out so you two won't have to wait for me anymore.]

Image Credit

Icon by Bronzehalo

As she has done for the duration of this conversation, she listens seemingly attentively while her mind wanders over each word and facet of their meaning. It is obvious that her offer has won over the heart of the painted child by the way she smiles, the quick banter of her voice and how quickly she pledges her soul before she can even fully comprehend what it is she dreams of. The Lady smiles her own smile, a pretty lace covering for the soiled rot within, all the more humorous and brilliant as the child makes known that she will not be a servant.

Though you already are, the woman thinks, though she lets none of her thoughts read in her disposition, the trustworthy light that shines from her harlequin’s mask. That the child thinks her fake horn will fool others is equally amusing, but the Lady’s offer will surely make her more believable should the first attempt to disprove its realism be a well aimed swipe at the false appendage. She knew how well glass survived hard falls – not at all.

For all her silence until now, Jorogumo is the first to meet the wandering equine with words in retort, and Illynx barely refrains from scowling in disdain, her golden eyes darkening a few shades as she hears the word that shatter the delusion she would like to have the girl believe. She cannot change that the idiot girl is shouting foul insults at a very deserving creature, merely hope that Abishia walks away from the moon-eyed girl’s harsh words with faith that she will be the only opposition to be found here, once she wears her fool’s cap.

Even as annoyed as the golden bitch is with the equally horrid ebonite youth, she must admit that there is a certain savant to the way that she tells off the inferior child. Illynx is proud of herself as she watches the fruit of her subtly planted thoughts come into play, the sharp barbs of the girl’s tongue accurate as they are wounding.

Sadly, almost, she witnesses the damaging barrage come to a close, her student turning to her with all the politeness in the world before she takes her leave. The Lady gives a miniature nod of her head, lilting tones following after the dark one. "As to you, my little spider!" There is a fondness in her words that is genuine in her heart for the mostly unlikable little bitch; after all, Illynx had been the one to find her, and it was to the Kisaki that it seemed the darling looked to for guidance and leadership if her blame that dark day of not so long ago was anything to go from. As it always was with the Queen of Snow, she could not dislike the young, especially those so destined for greatness as her little Jorogumo.

"She has had a life of much pain," she explains as soon as the child has faded out of hearing distance, turning her golden eyes to look upon her guest, "I discovered her abandoned in the Threshold, and she was later taken by the darkness, Time be blessed for returning her safely to us. She does not know that she is so cruel. Hurt is all she knows." Sighing as if sorrow consumes her for the plight of the spider child, she spends a moment behind shuttered lids before returning her eyes out into the valley she rules.

"Do not let pride reveal your guise, should these things come to fruition," she warns, eyes sliding back towards the filly, "it will be a crown, to be sure, but it will be only a mask. Your blood will remain what it is – your children can be born as ruined as you, no matter what I do to improve your face. Do not let it slip." Her pause says all it needs to of her people, her final words a seal on the dark envelope that the contract had been slipped into. "I cannot save you if you birth an unworthy child into this herd and the people desire your heart in exchange."

Looking back out into the vale, she gestures with her golden crown to the beauty that lay before them, letting the pause bring a close to her warnings and entry for a lighter topic, the reason Abishia had wanted to come to the palace of unicorns in the first place.

"From here, you can see all that is worth seeing but the far northern caves; night should be here soon. Perhaps the night will dance for us this eve." She of course means the lights for which the place was named, but they were too precious to truly be called the same thing that one called ordinary illumination; a rainbow that writhed and sang a silent, haunting song, beautiful and lurid all at once, a splendid array of the might of the universe for mortal eyes to spy upon during the high hours of the night.

There was a river once,
with many round stones
enchanted by shallow hopes
of embracing the ocean;
water is peculiar this way,
how its life is a line
that cannot bend or change
without the approval of its bed.