the Rift

surely as the sun will rise

Saphiron Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

In a rapid blood-curdling descent, a blanket of pristine ivory races up to greet the pegasi mare with all the enthusiasm of a friend once astray. There is a fresh layer of snow sprawled about, slowly swelling as a flurry of soft cottony tufts twirl lazily to the pale earth supporting it. She finds herself landing gracefully with a tight swoop, contrasting the gunshot hellfire freefall; dark hooves save a mismatched cream-colored one dig into the shimmering powder now surrounding her, marring its perfection with malformation and a smear of dirt. After shaking out those large wings of hers with their clean-cut lines and rich darkly shaded peacock blue feathers, forcing a few loose, she surveys the area just outside a mammoth wall of trees, the mountain looming high above in the scrim like some great and sleeping stone giant. Vivid harvest moon eyes, framed by sweeping lashes, peer out from a cimmerian face of aristocratic angles and precise contours; their fever-bright gaze soaks in everything with a wild energy.

Soon she moves on after a derisive snort. A bird delicacy to her figure threatens to overwhelm the lean muscle that shifts and strains against a velveteen coat of cinnamon and cocoa. Devilishly long, limber legs that take up a good portion of her petite height carry her with a smooth gait as the icy breeze runs its ghostly fingers through the thick silk of tender white-rose that makes for her cascaded waterfall of a mane and tail. She can't help but shiver, the tremor racing its way down her back before spreading as a cold slush through her limbs. It was uncomfortable, although this light storm was far from dangerous. For now.

Breaching the prominent forest line quickly sends her into another world. Here the wind has difficulty following her and a grave hush settles in with a sense of timelessness. She absently notes its cruel, misleading beauty, as gnarled and spindly branches seem to reach out toward her with desperation and malignant greed, casting bold shadows that seem too broad and deep for their source. This place was simply part of an itinerary; she had no designs to stay, but fatigue turned her bones into lead. Despite the malevolent isolation and uncanny demeanor of this place, she ceases her stroll and takes the moment to brood in front of a trench like an inverse butte while ignoring her unease; its stream has been frosted glass for quite awhile.

Feature textures by fandy

Ciceron Posts: 315
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 6 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kiara :: White Tiger :: Poison nickel

Time passes by so fast many forget to enjoy the simple things that most take for granted. It had only been a matter of days since Kiara had hatched and yet so far she had been nothing but an absolute joy to have around. He had never believed that a companion could fill such a huge portion of his life with happiness, was this what it was like to be a father? Maybe in some sense it could be similar but there had to be more to it than this. Walking along in silence he could feel his little black and white furball curled up sleeping within her little pouch atop his shoulders. Flicking his ears back he could hear her soft breaths against his hide and the occasional stretching which seemed to always involve claws.

Here within the confines of the forest things are calmer despite the swirls of snow cascading down around them. A storm was in the area but hopefully things would settle down soon enough. Bowing his head to a gust of wind he closed his eyes withstanding the burst of snow in his face with a rather unpleased snort. This weather was his most dreaded of the season, snow was one thing but when you got the wind blowing it around it was ten times worse. As he went to raise his head his silver eyes caught the sight of footprints within the snow, and fairly recent ones at that. Lowering his head to investigate he picked up the scent of a mare, maybe she was lost and looking for someone to help her.

Following the trail along with some difficulty thanks to the wind obscuring half the prints in snow. Up ahead something moves drawing his eyes to the figure of the pegasus not all too far from where he was. Turning his head back to check on Kiara momentarily to see that she was still fast asleep and completely unaware of the stranger he refocused on the mare. Shaking his head to dislodge the snow he nickered softly hoping to let the mare notice his presence before he just randomly walked up to her. Lifting his feet with practiced ease he made his way towards the mare slowly. "Hello there miss, welcome to Helovia. Is there anything I might help you find? A warm place perhaps?" He asked kindly as he stopped a couple meters from where she stood not wanting to crowd her and make her feel uncomfortable.

ciceron talks
kiara talks
••MUSE: Good •• TAGS: @[Saphiron] •• NOTES: Hope you don't mind ••

Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

Abishia Posts: 225
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16 HH :: 5 years ~ Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Wild.

Abishia makes her way through the Threshold, missing the joy of meeting all the new comers t has are Just lucky enough to make the great lands of Helices their home. A place to make life long friends and build relationships, the girl holds the Thresh near and dear to her heart, appreciative of the vast woodland with the lost souls hoping to find somewhere to settle. With a shrug of her lean muscled shoulders, she quickens her pace to that of a trot, her long mane and tail threatening to trip her, but even now she moves with grace. The plain child pricks her delicate lobes, letting the sounds flow into them and be analyzed. She detects a voice, one she thinks she may know, but is not sure. Letting out a loud whinny, she quickens her pace yet again to that of a gallop. Mane and tail flowing behind her, she barges into the scene not as easily as she had hoped, making the tips of her harks burn. 

Regaining her regal posture, she bends one knee and lowers her head, a move she had Just decided to do as a way of showing respect. A warm and kind smile danced over her lips as her green and brown gaze took in the girl before her, beautifully etched with wings rimmed with a lightish brown that reminded her of something like Elsa. Also, her stunningly beautiful long lines and way she carried herself on pillars that looked rather lengthy despite her size. And the one who spoke - now very familiar. It was Ciceron, a beautifully dappled Stallion that she has met about two times, she supposes. She nods to the newcomer, then flashed a smile at the Stallion. "Greetings Ciceron.  It is quite a pleasure to be in your aqquintance yet again. Glad to see you Well. " Her orbs lingered over the companion by his side, making her cock her head in confusion, for last time the one that accompanied him was a spirit bear. She looked at Ciceron questionably before turning to the mare she had never met. 

"Welcome to Helovia, winged one. This is a great region, filled with vast lands. There are many herds to chose from, or may you decide to bear these paths alone and become an outcast, that is fine too." She smiled wide, nodding to Ciceron. 

---------------

@[Saphiron]

Credits

lines
please tag me in any and all posts

Unregistered

Fat flakes swirl past her forehead, planting themselves on her already luminous mane while spidery strands of pearl cream whip about her high cheeks; the wind, if not shattering, is incessant and tireless. Hearing heavy but restrained footfalls muffled by snow and the low groan of the weather, she cranes her sleek narrow neck to the side ever so slightly. A twitch, really, with her aloe-leaf shaped ears straining in the direction of the stallion. Peering at him from a slight angle, she allows him that nicker before further acknowledging him, feeling coy and kittenish today.

But when she lands that savage molten gaze of hers, framed by thick lashes with the sky's crystal shards as white stars upon a sooty canvas, on him she inhales sharply. Her heart, her stupid heart, skips, conjuring a nauseating fluttering sensation in her abdomen. He is in turn greeted by a grimace, albeit one directed more at herself than him, but the sharp way she looks at him doesn't abate. Shifting her weight back and forth between, feigning indifference, she huffs; smoky steam billows forth from her cracked maw, churning as it snakes heavenward. "It's cold, is it?" She offers him a wide, toothy grin after that, dissonant with a voice that is deadpan and flat, even with its vague hint of amusement. As if to emphasize, the soft downy feathers of her wings lift in a display of royal indigo and sepia as another chill attacks her.

Before she can respond to his offer, a sweet little whinny chimes in the air, tinkling like sleigh bells. She chirps curiously as she watches and waits for the other mare to appear, only to end up cocking her head to the left, rather owlishly, during the bow. The faintly quizzical expression she sports melts away at the sight of the paint's warm pageant-winning smile. She can't help but return it, hers much more subdued and shy, but no less genuine.

"Helloooo. Thanks for the greeting. Both of you," she nods toward Ciceron after breaking eye contact with the shapely, swan-lithe, Arabesque angel. She can't help but feel a pang of jealousy rip through her chest, hot blood rushing to her face, suddenly feeling stout and odd compared to their heights. Fighting through it, she continues onward, in that same easy-going laze of a timbre. "I have a choice of herds?" How many are there? She wondered, but kept it to herself. "Okay, what herd do you guys suggest?" Again, there is that muted trace of humor, surmising their respective answers.

On a day such as this you would imagine that not too many souls would be out and about if they had a choice in the matter. Then again some may strangely like stormy cold snowstorms, who was he to judge. His silver eyes glance over the small mare with curiosity taking in her markings and her colour in his attempt to put a face to a name, well when he found that much out. Her features are feminine and beautiful and well suited for her entire being. As his eyes fell back to hers something seems to pass over her changing her expression multiple times in a fraction of a couple seconds. Nerves perhaps? Or was it something else entirely, maybe the mare has had bad experiences with stallions. The thought passes silently over his unchanged facial features that show nothing but kindness as per normal for his practiced mask.

Pricking his ears forward to catch her delicate voice over the wind he listens to the words spoken finding it a rather interesting response given his prior question. Not thinking anything more than that he passes it off as just one of those random conversation pieces that can not exactly be explained, yet accepted. Returning her friendly smile he tried to think of a response for her answer. Resting his hind foot he lowered his crown hoping to make himself seem smaller than he actually was. In a way he always felt like a giant when talking to others and the last thing he wanted was to appear intimidating. Before he could respond again another familiar nicker carries along the breeze drawing his attention. Lifting his head and turning it to his left a painted mare came into view.

Nodding to her in recognition and to be polite he offered a warm smile chuckling softly at her friendly greeting. "Hello miss Abisha, glad to see you again." He commented lightly feeling Kiara stir finally from where she was perched upon his back curled up inside the pouch.

Turning his head to see what the young cub was up to now he watched as the black and white striped fuzzy head poke out from beneath his mane to see what was going on. Her ice blue eyes were full of curiosity and mischievousness yet she still managed to pull off being incredibly adorable. As the pegasus spoke again it drew his gaze back to her as she questioned were all she could possibly call home. " Well there are four main herds that you may choose from here in Helovia but there are also other options within some of the smaller bands scattered throughout. My home is within the Hidden Falls which I would highly recommend as everyone is very welcoming and kind but thats just my view. There is at least shelter from the wind within the hills and rocks making the colder days bearable. You are more than welcome to accompany me if you wish to." He explained allowing the opportunity for her to make her own decision.

Turning himself in a way so that majority of the wind was being blocked by his body he settled himself not really minding the cold weather. Kiara was appreciative of the relief and expressed it through kneading her claws upon his back making him jump slightly at the sensation. Geeze he really needed to figure out something else to use so that Kiara could sleep upon his back securely. The willow branches did not exactly provide any protection from her razor sharp claws, hopefully as they grew to knew each other better there would be less clawing of his hide. There really had to be other ways for her to express her affection.

ciceron talk
kiara talk

••MUSE: Good •• TAGS: @[Saphiron], Abisha •• NOTES: None ••

[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

Note Posts: 183
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.3hh :: 6 years Buff: NOVICE
Sabel :: Iberian Lynx :: Stormcall bry
[Image: 50f4feb8c0907]

N o t e

Gods, it was cold. Cold as hell. Because he liked oxymorons and contradicting existences. Not because he found it fun, just that if one word meant something else, then it wouldn't be the same sentence at all. It wouldn't contradict itself, it might even make sense. Which wasn't the original intent of sentence. It was the exact opposite. How frustrating that would be. But that's not how it is.
Besides, Note enjoyed the cold. It was the whole reason he moved up north to reside somewhere cooler. It certainly was cooler. The cold filled Note with a strange sense of being. He felt more alive, even though the world around him was borderline dead, he felt more alive than ever. It was magnificent to say the least.
So, the bay took to the skies. His coat was much cleaner since he had joined the Edge, less dusty. The flying helped. He didn't have a particular direction, but was just simply flying with Sabel. The cat was firmly secured within his mane, eyes closed. She was an adult now, which was strange to the stallion. He was used to her being a small, rambunctious, annoying, kitten. Now she was just rambunctious and annoying. Strangely enough, he loved her with all of his broken heart.
'Where should we go today?' Note inquired, wind whistling through his feathers. The cat sat up when she heard him, blinking her sightless eyes. 'Threshold? Haven't been there in while,' Sabel suggested, flattening her head against her bonded's way-too-long mane.
Note didn't say a thing in respond, only shifted his course towards the Threshold. The land of newbies. Always a great way to spend his day.
He landed with a soft thud amongst the trees and snow, staying silent until the sound of horses conversing met his ears. Perfect. He crept upon them, staying hidden in the shadows and snow.
Note took his cue as when the gray would stop talking. The bay strode forward, casting a smile at the new mare as he walked up beside her. If she didn't move away, their wings would touch and his ridiculously long mane might blow into her face or mix with her own tendrils of hair.
"But you're always welcome to come with me to the World's Edge. We could take the fun way," Note grinned mischievously at the mare, shifting his wings suggestively. Then he realized he hadn't cared to catch the mare's name. What a shame. Her wingtips were blue, body dark. He'd just call her Zaps until he could figure out her name. There were others there, equines, not in his herd, not a threat, and not in trouble, therefor their names were unimportant to him.
Sabel stood upon her bonded's withers, reflecting Note's mischievous features with every flick of her bobbed tail.
"I'm Note, that's Sabel," Note nodded back at the lynx who purred at the sound of her name, "But really, would you like to come home with us? I promise I'm using the most innocent sense of the phrase. And everyone there is nice."
So suggestive. So eager. But was he eager to please his herd or actually spend time with Zaps?
Even he couldn't answer that question.

[Image: 52f3087fe3a26]
"The thought made Note's heart ache, but that's what love is. You don't care if the other person hates you or rejects you or anything of the sort because you just want to see them be happy."
pixel by tamme

tag me in all threads & replies!

Abishia Posts: 225
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16 HH :: 5 years ~ Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Wild.
my stories are very somber..

Satisfied, the child took a few steps backwards, watching as the handsome Stallion answered the mare's questions intelligently. Still a light smile on her lips, she spoke softly to the mare. "I am an outcast, but I am soon joining the Hidden Falls, or so I hope. I highly recommend that heard, they seem very gracious and kind." She nodded lightly then continued, "But I must warn you, don't go near the Aurora Basin. They are a herd of superiorities, or so they think. Not to strike fear into your heart, I cannot stress enough that they will destroy you. All of them horned, they think that those without horns are lesser." She glanced at Ciceron, knowing he was crowned but didn't think the same. Her orbs darkening for a split moment, daring to portray the envy she had for the horned. Cocking her head, her forelock slid to one side as another sound caught her intention. Feathers rustling. And before she could react, another broke into the scene, barely visible in the snowfall. A small shiver engulfed Abishia, chills running from ears to tail tip. A winged Stallion of a darker hue, not as attractive as Ciceron, but still good looking. Silently, she dipped her head in greeting to him, noticing how quickly he jumped on the newcomer, thrusting his home in her face.

Abishia flicked her ears backward, offended by how he had not even considered the other two involved with this short winged mare. Holding back a snide response, she stamped a foot. "I'm Abishia, that's Ciceron. Nice to meet you Note." Why not take matters into her own hooves? She smirked at the winged brute, content with her quick response. Staring at the Stallion now, how he so quickly came up so close to the smaller girl. How rude. "There is also the Dragons Throat, not represented here by anyone..." She glanced around the area, "But I have heard good things. I suggest you make the choice for yourself, and don't let force," she cleared her throat and let her gaze rest on Note, "or similarities affect your decision. " She stepped back so she stood next to Ciceron, and dropped her voice to a tone that hopefully only he could hear. "Mind showing me your home, Ciceron?"

ABISHIA

Image Credits

lines
please tag me in any and all posts

Unregistered

In a matter of moments, she manages to school her features, a Herculean feat for one so expressive and open as herself.

Then it instantly shatters upon seeing Kiara. "Hi," she coos in a high clarion pitch. She is about to pour on the fawning for small animals, but he is moving on, answering her question, as any proper gentleman would. She owed him the same courtesy of acute attention. Steadily working her jaw, she mulls over his words as come.

Then it's Abishia's turn to offer her opinion; it's granted the same honest audience. The warning of Aurora Basin ensnares her, though, as it would any vivacious little detective.

Evil always finds you.

At that, she looks around fearfully. When she realizes no one else was reacting to the disembodied voice howling over the wind, she internalizes her reaction, taking a moment to process it. Interim, it appears she has shut down and out of the trio's conversation as the other two turn to one another. Worry twists the architecture of her countenance. That sounded like one of the vestals that took her mother in when she was noticably pregnant and subsequently exiled from her position as an oracle elsewhere. The broad was a hateful hag that sought to scare Saphiron into obedience. The memory drops a sour egg in her stomach.

It's in her little trace that Note happens to arrive, boldly placing himself within an intimate proximity to her. It brings her out of her fit of contemplation in a slow, sticky pull, which prevents her from being startled.

"Duly noted, Abishia," she drawls, finding her words again. Of course, it's said in such a way that she intends to ignore the cautioning and go find out for herself what these folk were about.

An upward puff of smokey vapor lifts a few of Note's mingling strands, up and away from her lean face. She doesn't even attempt to obscure the baleful glare that tries to pin him in place, as hard and deathly cold as the serpent of river ice that lays beyond them. But his suggestion as to how she would leave with him smooths her minor irritation over. The fun way? Pavlov would have had a field day with her, for she perks right up at the mention of the sacred f-word. "Huh.... You don't say?" He gets a heavy once-over, where she takes her precious time in scrutinizing him. The heat of her gaze traces each cliff and valley carved out of a mountain of a stallion to create the fine beast that stands so close to her. She can feel his warmth. It's unnerving. She breathes out shakily. What the hell was this place? First an ashen dappled stallion with the body of a war god and thick somber hair so much as noticed her, then a dazzling muse masquerading around as willowy mare dropped by. Now this other pegasus, as dark as the first stranger to greet her.

Feathers pushed against feathers, the nerves in the base of hers suddenly going haywire at the contact, makes her suffer another quake for an entirely different reason than the first two that shook her like a ragdoll. It wasn't exactly a pleasant sensation- really, more odd, as they're almost too sensitive. With a habitual shake of her head, lamplight eyes with their soft hearth glow momentarily barred from the world. It grants her clarity.

"Hello, Note," she murmurs quietly, but loud enough for the others to easily pick up, her mouth forming the words with precise deliberation. "And oh, my. How very pretty! It's nice to meet you, Sabel." She noses at the lynx very tenderly, the fine black skin of her muzzle only an inch or two away from the wildcat, radiating a sense of pure joy that was absent before the knowledge of these two companions' existence entered into her life.

Thawed by his interest and the presence of an adorable feline, she slides him a mischvious little smile that only tugs on one corner of her lips. It's to everyone she addresses when she finally gives up her name: "Saphiron, or Saph. Whatever works. ... I have to thank you all, you've been too kind. I'm happy to say I've made some friends today. I think I'd like to go find out what this fun is that Note speaks of, however, but this certainly isn't the end."

She should pick what seemed like the safer option. Namely the other female whose pleasant disposition plucked at Saphiron's prickly little heart, or the stately unicorn whose radial calm promised tranquility. She was being honest when she admitted, so many words, that she followed her relentless desire to pick the bumpier road.

But it also had a little bit to do with an affinity she felt for Note, as a fellow winged equine. In a foreign land, it reminded her of home, far away and high above mountain tops.

Speaking lightly his explanation of the the herds made sense in his mind before he translated it into words which seemed to come out logical but in the same way not logical. Thankfully Abisha chimed in to supplement his rather poor explanation to bring things together nicely. So far he had managed to run into the mare on multiple occasions and he did rather enjoy her company. Her question to him rather pleased him but before he could respond another pegasus came striding up pushing his way in. Pinning his ears back in distaste he bit back the first response that came to mind instead choosing to say nothing to see what reaction the new mare would have for his rather rude arrival.

Lifting an eyebrow in confusion at the stallion's rather hasty words he already wasn't sure if he could ever like the stud. Drawing himself up to his full height he was easily a hand taller than him, if needed he would gladly make him mind his manners if the mare should say so. Instead he stood rooted to the spot glaring at the stallion more formally know as Note based on his introduction. Who was he to think he could just barge in here and butt himself up close and more or less demand that the fae accompany him instead. Shaking his head in slight disgust he turned his head over to Abisha who was standing by his side, thankfully away from sir Lancelot over there. "I would be more than happy to show you your new home." He commented softly to her before the other mare introduced herself as Saphiron.

Purposefully acting as if Note was not there at all he listened to what she had to say forcing a neutral expression to his features. Inside he was completely dumbfounded how anyone would accept the pegasus's offer with how rude he had been. There was just somethings that he would never understand about the female mind. " If you should ever change your mind the offer will stand. I wish you well on your journey and meet many other friends just know that not everyone is who they make themselves out to be." He replied with a friendly smile and a nod of his head. As he watched them both turn in the opposite direction he half snorted under his breath not understanding them at all. "Well shall we?" He asked turning his attention back to Abisha.

••MUSE: Good •• TAGS: Abisha, Note, Saphiron •• NOTES: No worries :) ••

Pixel Base- BronzeHalo

Note Posts: 183
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.3hh :: 6 years Buff: NOVICE
Sabel :: Iberian Lynx :: Stormcall bry
[Image: 50f4feb8c0907]

N o t e

A very surprised Note cast a smile down at the little mare he had dubbed Zaps. He hadn't expected her to even come to return his mischievous glance, but she had given him a lopsided grin right back. After looking a bit startled, but that a detail to be left from this particular experience within the bay's mind.
"And oh, my. How very pretty! It's nice to meet you, Sabel." The lynx purred at the mare's words, tilting her head to the side innocently as a smile fell upon her rosy lips. She enjoyed having attention casted upon her.
The painted equine introduced herself as Abishia, the unicorn Ciceron. They both seemed very kind, even though Note wasn't a huge fan of the horned. He stepped toward the duo, giving them his kindest smile. It felt unnatural upon his lips, but he was not about to give the Edge a reputation due to how he treated a couple Hidden Falls junkies.
"It is a pleasure to be acquainted with you both. I do hope the next time we meet will be less rushed. It's freezing and I don't particularly enjoy chatting in these conditions," Note laughed a bit, returning to his place beside Zaps. 'Don't particularly enjoy chatting in these conditions' he mused upon his words. He didn't particularly enjoy chatting at all.
"Saphiron, or Saph. Whatever works. ... I have to thank you all, you've been too kind. I'm happy to say I've made some friends today. I think I'd like to go find out what this fun is that Note speaks of, however, but this certainly isn't the end."
..what? He actually recruited someone? How strange. Note didn't think he had been nice at all, but apparently, whatever he did worked. Zaps wanted to come with him.
Well, Saphiron. Saph sounded close to Zaps, so he mentally decided to call the mare Saph from now on.
"You'll love the Edge," Note spoke cheerily as the others began to head towards the Hidden Falls. Their journey would be north as well, farther west than Ciceron and Abishia would, though.
"C'mon," Note's mischievous grin was in full forced as he frolicked between the trees, gaining speed until he was able to lift himself from the ground and take to the sky. It seemed their day certainly wouldn't be wasted, they had Saph to accompany them home.

--

once saph's rank is changed, I'll post a thread for them in the Edge :D

[Image: 52f3087fe3a26]
"The thought made Note's heart ache, but that's what love is. You don't care if the other person hates you or rejects you or anything of the sort because you just want to see them be happy."
pixel by tamme

tag me in all threads & replies!