the Rift

[OPEN] slow and steady

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
<style type="text/css">::-webkit-scrollbar { width: 5px; } ::-webkit-scrollbar-track { border-radius: 5px;background: transparent; } ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { border-radius: 5px;background: transparent;}</style>
From the beach, Alysanne was slowly making her way back to the Edge. She wanted to get home, wanted somewhere safe where the little owlet currently nestled safe on her back amongst the feathers of her wings as they lay folded. He was asleep, or so she thought – a bundle of down feathers and closed eyes, it was hard really to tell. But he would make soft peeps every now and then, whether it was to reassure her of his health or not she took it as such. She was used to walking rather than flying and took extra care for this trip. Alysanne sang a soft song, of the trees and the clouds, to him as she travelled.

But before long, she had the distinct impression that little Hemlock was tiring. Though the journey required little from him, perhaps clinging on and making a nest out of her feathers had taken a lot out of him. He was so young, after all!

So she followed a familiar path and found herself near the lake where she had first seen Miykael in Helovia. The memory was a fond one, though unfortunately mudded by rather unpleasant memories, and she was glad that she had something to focus on while she was here so she might not again let herself sink into the past. Winter was loosening its grip all across Helovia, but here in this protected space there was only a pleasantly cool breeze filtering through the trees.

The clouds were starting to break apart in the sky ahead, so she found a spot where she could be in the sunlight when it did appear intermittently. Keeping Hemlock in the shade with her wings, her singing continued for a couple more moments before she lapsed into silence – enjoying the peace of the moment, watching as the lazy lapse of the waves brought small pieces of ice to shore and then back out again.

for @[Windwalker]
image by ali <3
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Windwalker Posts: 133
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3hh :: 8 Buff: NOVICE
Nanna

I am not gracious like a swan when I run and neither am I like a swan when I stand. I am more like a bison. A heavy creature which fears nothing. Not even death.

So I keep on running, aimlessly, as tufts of earth and snow betray where I was a second ago. I let them have wings, let them see beyond their normal view before they crash down into oblivion. I can see my goal now, just there, behind the trees. Like a mirror of the sky it lays, calling for me, ready to embrace my warm body in it's cold grasp.

I reach the end where the land gives away to water - and I jump - while some ancient memory commands me to spread my wings. But I have made my choice. It was a painful one, but I do not look back as I am welcomed into the cold liquid. A splash and it get's dark. But I am not afraid. Instead of letting the panic take control, I relax and soon enough, I can breathe air again.

Something rides on the wind. It's not the usual smell of the forest, but something more alive. I need to get my whole head above the water before I can find the source. A horse. A winged horse and a mare by the smell of it. I must have scared the crap out of her, by coming out of the forest like this before I suddenly jumped in the water.

I should get up. The cold helps me think, but I know far too well that it works like a double edge sword. With my feet firmly on the bottom, I push my way to the shore. The winter is loosing it's grip on the world, but damn, it's still cold!

"I am sorry if I startled you." My dark voice carries the apology to her, as I find firm ground under my hooves. "Sometimes I forget I am not the only one living here."

@[Alysanne]

[Image: NannaTable.png]
[Image: 53837ef3a55e5]

I hate and I love. Why, you may ask?
I don’t know, but it’s happening, and I burn.
Please Tag Windwalker In Replies

<style type="text/css">::-webkit-scrollbar { width: 5px; } ::-webkit-scrollbar-track { border-radius: 5px;background: transparent; } ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { border-radius: 5px;background: transparent;}</style>
Although they were nearing the end of winter, the weather was not what Alysanne would have considered swimming weather – even if she was not carrying a newborn companion on her back. But just as she was beginning to drift off into a daydream, a dark form launched out of the trees and into the lake in no graceful of a manner. She wasn’t the only one that jumped and snapped to alertness by the sudden appearance – Hemlock emitting an indignant peep as he jostled slightly on her back. She settled back into her spot, rearranging her wings to shelter the owlet, and being back in an alert state she watched with no shortage of curiosity as he lingered in the lake for a moment before emerging onto the shore and coming over to apologize. “We were startled, but I’m more concerned for your health. Wasn’t the water dreadfully cold? Surely a bath could not have been needed that badly.” Though her concern was genuine, the last part was said with a light laugh - contrasting the dark voice of this stranger.

Maybe that had been his motivation, maybe it wasn’t! Either way, she hoped he was not too chilled from the venture.

The second part of what he said was rather curious – Alysanne never forgot that she wasn’t alone. She always had the hope that she would come across someone else, even if it was just for a short, polite chat. And right now those hopes had certainly “In all of Helovia? That is a very strange thing to forget.” She commented, emerald eyes bright with a kind smile. Perhaps he had merely meant here, in the grove with the lake, which probably did not see as much traffic as some of the other areas. There were just so many horses, in all their strange and wonderful forms, wandering around these lands – everyone seemed so happy to be able to stretch their limbs out of the caves.

@[Windwalker]
image by ali <3
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Hidden Account
Nanna

I may have traded my crown for a jesters hat, but as soon as I aised my head to draw in the image of this horse, I regained my royal stance. White steam slowly battled against the cold air and drops of water ran rapidly down. I have never seen her before, so my eyes may have lingered on her a bit too long.

She was a fine one though, slender, dual-colored and with eyes that looked like emeralds. Others envy her beauty, I though, whenever she walkes or laughs. It lifted my heart a little, but only enought for a faint smile to reach my lips. "The water is not too bad" I say with grin. "I would jump in even colder waters if it meant that such a beautiful mare as yourself would notice me."

I have never been good at flirting or giving compliments, but it doesn't stop me from trying. In my recent years of meeting mares, I have found out that it's best if I talk straight from the shoulder. And I never lie.

"I don't get to meet too many horses here." The honesty in my voice could not be overlooked, even by a complete stranger like her, but as soon as I open my mouth to speak my next words, a laughter rode along. "I think it's because I like to scare strangers with my belly-flopping skills. What do you think?"

@[Alysanne]
OOC: I never thought Windy could make a joke XD lol

Well, his compliment was certainly appreciated – how long had it been since someone had called her beautiful? Sasha, maybe, back when he thought she was dying with their child in her belly. But she wasn’t going to get sucked into memories – not when she was in the company of a stranger that was proving to be rather delightful, with his jokes and his easy air. Hemlock seemed to have fallen back asleep, no more reactions coming from him, but Alysanne’s smile only continued to brighten as this dark stranger spoke. “You are very kind, but I wouldn’t recommend jumping into freezing lakes just to impress mares. Anyone that might make a request like that is not worth the effort.” She could not even make the request of her own mate to spend a little more time with her – only ask instead that he try to come back to her during his wanderings. “Besides, with all the racket you were making, the water could have been warm and lovely and I still would have noticed you.” She returned with an easy, friendly air.

She laughed along with him at his joke, not realizing how long it had been since she had really laughed, not just a light chuckle, until the action was quite upon her. It felt good! She shook her head to get rid of the last bit of the laughter, though it did not fully leave her eyes when they refocused back on him. “I do think that might have something to do with it. Most don’t take kindly to being splashed, especially in the winter.” It was better to go along with the joke than to pity him for the lack of company that he had been receiving. Although, perhaps he liked it that way – not everyone enjoyed the safety that came with a herd, with knowing there was always someone close by, within sight or within calling distance. Alysanne might wander on her own once in a while but she felt a great deal better when she was around others.

Even strangers! “Oh! Maybe you could continue practicing, I’m sure you’ll attract plenty of horses when you’re the Belly-flop Champion of Helovia.”

@[Windwalker]
hehe I love jokey-Windy xD]

image by ali <3
made by the lovely tamme

Hidden Account
Nanna

What is it with me and winged mares? Do I feel like they are family because I once shared the prospect of flying or is it something as simple as reproduction? I cock my head as she talk, still with a faint smile on my face and take a few steps closer to hear her properly.

"SO what you are saying is that I should rather just be myself and make a lot of noise, than to try to drown myself or freeze to death?" It is so unlike me to make jokes to someone I do not know, but somehow she is able to make me relax by just being..her.

My thoughts wander off to my Queen, the one who makes it all better and worse at the same time, and who I may never get. When she is not around, I feel on edge and restless, wondering what she's doing and if that leather-bag of a horse is back. Even when thinking about him, my muscles tense and I breathe heavier. Time to get back to reality.

And to lighten up my mood. "Maybe you can be the judge of my attempt? What would you give me as a score? A seven?" I smile again in an attempt to shake off the thoughts that haunt me. I can not dwell on things that may never happen or what is to come. I live today, now and what I do in this second, counts more than the plans I have for the future.

@[Alysanne]
OOC - So sorry for the late reply! I've been kind of busy with work and birthdays, but I'm back now :D

“That’s exactly what I’m saying!” She liked this easy conversation and his joking manner – there had been too many serious conversations as of late. Maybe things really were getting back to normal, maybe even improving just a little bit. She had found new purpose in caring for the little life that was clinging to the feathers along her back right now, and in the new responsibilities that she had found in the Edge.

And new friends!

He asked her to judge his attempt and her sunshine-warm laugh sounded again. She thought back to the last time she was here, when Mikey had gone barreling into the water before her. He had been significantly less graceful than this most recent attempt, which was saying something - as grace had nothing to do with it. “Well aren’t you optimistic! A seven, huh?” She pretended to think it over – remembering what she had seen of the blur the dark stallion had been before he had launched himself into the lake. Of course, even in pretend Alysanne did not feel comfortable being the slightest bit rude. He might get the wrong idea! “Alright, maybe a 8, you were a little clumsy but there’s no denying that you have style. And you get an extra point for actually jumping into cold water in the first place.” She grinned brightly, hoping that this was a satisfactory answer. It felt so good to joke around, even if she couldn’t bring herself to be as witty as some others might be.

Maybe she wasn't the best at joking around, but her heart felt lighter for it. “I’m Aly, by the way, from the Edge. And this,” she lowered her wing and twisted a little to give a better view of the sleeping creature on her back “is Hemlock.” Her voice showed how immensely proud she was of the little owlet. She was still so fascinated by the simple fact that he existed - none of her experience might lead her to think that anyone else would not be fascinated as well. Hemlock did not do much more than make a little peep before re-burrowing himself into the little nest of feathers and mane.

@[Windwalker]
image by ali <3
made by the lovely tamme

Hidden Account
Nanna

I could do worse, I thought, standing in front of this bubbly mare as I listen to her advice. Maybe I try to hard and that's te reason why me and my Queen is so far away? No, I can't live without her, so she will just have to live with it.

"A nine? Someone is in a good mood!" I laugh when the verdict of my jump and almost a suicide is done. "I need to train more then, as I would like to get a ten from you the next time." It's funny how easy some souls are, while others are too difficult to understand. I still stand and smile, while my eyes rest easily on her apperance. I wonder if she know who I am or what I used to be. Would our talk be that effortless and easy then?

She gives me her name and surprisingly, she offer me a glimpse of an owl nested between her wings. I walk closer to her, so close that I stand on her side as I take in a closer look at this Hemlock. "Hello Hemlock. I am Windwalker. It looks like you got a really nice place there. Is it room for me if you move a little?" I whisper it to the owl, but Alysanne should have no problem hearing my every word. "You see, I am quite cold and it looks like you are warm and safe there. What do you say? Huh? You don't think I would fit in there? Am I that big?"

With a puzzled look, I raise my head and take a few steps back so that I can look at my new found friend. "He think's I'm fat and smelly. He's not right, is he?"

@[Alysanne]
OOC- I have no idea what's going on with Windy, but he's killing me XD I have never experienced him in this mood before lol

She remains still as he moved closer to see the little owlet, standing right at her side, her ears flicking backwards as she turns her head to listen as he conversed with the half-sleeping Hemlock. She wondered how much of this he would remember when he was older, the early days when he had already met so many others before his eyes had even opened! There is no shortage of laughter, soft chuckles that she tries to stifle – if only so she does not jostle the poor owl too much.

For all that talking though, Hemlock does little more than give a tiny squawk before turning around and falling back into slumber. The life of a newborn was hard. But at least now she has a name to put to the face she has so enjoyed talking to here by the lake. When he finally turns his attention back to her, Alysanne can do nothing but shake her head for a moment – he certainly was quite the joker. “You ask some tough questions, Windwalker.” She turned her head around and sniffed at the air as close to him as he could get. Feeling playful today, feeding off of the energy of her new friend and the high she felt whenever she was in a mothering mood – Hemlock might not be the same species, but she was caring for him and it was not a task she was undertaking lightly. It is at this proximity that she can see the feathers on his sides, where wings might have attached, and though she is curious she does not want to break the mood by asking after such things. There is too much happiness! And in the patch of sunlight they were standing in, to squander such joy would be a terrible, terrible sin.

The judgement on his scent is passed after a quick nod. “Winter and… something else I can’t quite put my hoof on. Not entirely unpleasant though. Unfortunately, I think Hemlock is right about the second part. At least in regards to the two of you sharing a spot in those feathers.” ‘Fat’ was hardly the right term, but certainly far too big! “And it’s your own fault that you are cold, if I remember correctly. But hopefully it is nothing a little sunshine won’t hurt.” She lifted her head then for a moment, closing her eyes and enjoying the warmth of the sun that reached this spot – proving the point.

Again though, she must not get lost in her thoughts! In a flash, summer-green eyes were open again and locking on the face of her new friend. “Your name is a curious one, if you don't mind me saying. Not in a bad way just... it is rather like something you mind hear in a legend. The Tale of Windwalker, knight of the storm.” Well, he definitely was not the only one being silly now!

@[Windwalker]
ooc: I didn't know he had this side to him! Aly likes it. Who knew Helovia had a jester in Windwalker ;)

image by ali <3
made by the lovely tamme