the Rift

Everything Burns [d'Art&Kou?/open]

Cineviam Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
((Back-dated to take place after This Thread))

It's best to have failure happen early in life.
It wakes up the Phoenix bird in you so you rise from the ashes.
– Anne Baxter

Burns were the worst.

Once you got past the revolting smell of singed hair and roasted flesh, you were still left with the searing hurt that refused to take a break. At least with gashes and bruises, if you moved gingerly enough, perhaps found a certain way to stand, you were afforded some relief. Heat radiated in waves from the blisters on his neck and shoulder and delved deep into his muscles. The Sun God had attacked them beside the river at Thistle Meadow at sunset and after shepherding the pregnant mare who had gone into labor – probably from shock – out of the open into the shelter of Dark Forest; it had taken him the entire night to stumble home.

In the grey of predawn, the soot-smeared stallion shuffled silently across the World’s Edge border. His neck was stiff, his left shoulder protesting further movement. He peered into the shadows, searching for the outline of the Doctor or his nurse. The oozing burns would heal – eventually, and because his life wasn’t in danger, his pride wouldn’t let him call out for aid. Yet he remembered that whatever magic d’Artagan had from the Moon Goddess, seemed to do a world of good for Korra after the Sun God’s visit, and that seed of thought continued to grow and pester at him. Heaving a sigh, he propped his right side against a tree and rested.

If they should find him and offer their services, Cineviam wasn’t about to argue.

i.cineviam
ii.unicorn
iii.6 years
iv.edge stallion
v.created by blu
vi.adopted by taurus

((just wanted to get something up. Also made the thistle meadow thread take place after Zar'roc's in his history since they were saying how they didn't know each other well etc.. Maybe they could speed up the healing process or offer a salve or something since I haven't been rping him hurt recently since we just tied up the thread. <3))

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi

---

Dawn was rubbing her sleepy eyes sending hues of reds and oranges across the glass of the Doctor's horn, who was wandering through the awakening forest. Mice crawled out from holes, finally free from their nocturnal predators, deer flittered and danced flicking up the morning dew. His cloven hooves were soft against the ground and his mind was already planning out things he could do for the day. d'Artagnan decided he hadn't left the Edge for sometime and it was probably a good idea to go out and explore again. But where would he go? The Foothills? The Throat? Or maybe one of the wilds? The wilds seemed more appealing at this moment as d'Artagnan couldn't really be bothered to argue with idiot herd lands on this day. d'Artagnan had always wondered if there were more unicorns out there, living in the wilds. His thoughts of going on a small adventure were cut short as the familiar sooty scent of Cineviam entered the nostrils of the Doctor. Having not much else better to do at and admittedly curious, the steed decided to go find out what the ashen stallion was up to.

Whilst following the dusty ones trail, d'Art took the time to think about Cineviam. He was rather large and often didn't speak much but all in all the Doctor rather liked him. Apart from the smell. I wonder if he's ever tried to sneak up on someone... You'd smell him from a mile off?! The red let the thought entertain him whilst he meandered in and out of the trees, the odd gold/green leaf laying to rest on his blood red fur.

His pace was gentle and calm until he finally reached the resting place of Cineviam, however what d'Artagnan was not expecting was the condition he'd find the brute in. Concern sweeped over his face and quickly he hurried forward to inspect him, "how on earth?! Cineviam what have you been doing?!"

The Doctor busied himself looking over each burn wound and assessing the severity of it, not even bothering to ask if Cineviam wanted the help. Is it the Sun God again? The thought troubled him as images of charred wood and smoke entered his mind, but he'd have to wait till later to question him fully. A thought that did trouble him more was the whereabouts of his Nurse. If she's still asleep... grumbling away to himself whilst he sent his magic to work on the burns. d'Artagnan hadn't had the chance to track down Kou recently and he was silently worried that she may of disappeared somewhere. The mare had been out of sorts lately and d'Artagnan had hoped she would be fine with a little time. The Doctor's gifted ability went first to the areas which possessed heat and cooled them, allowing him to turn his attention to healing the wounds themselves.

The keen wind of Orangemoon gusted and captured his dark tail, flicking the strands in mid air which caught the colours of dawn. The Doctor paid no heed and continued to work. His eyes and mind completely drawn and focused on his task.

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

Cineviam Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

It's best to have failure happen early in life.
It wakes up the Phoenix bird in you so you rise from the ashes.
– Anne Baxter

The burning.

Burning.

Burn.

It was aggravating to him, this feeling of fire. It felt as though all the blood in his veins had been replaced with molten copper. His neck, chest and shoulder turned slick and dark with sweat and the tree he leaned against felt cool in comparison to the rest of him. He shut his eyes against the world and wished he could stopper his ears against the sounds. Squirrels chattered cheerfully as they stock-piled their nuts, and the birds had begun their songs to usher in the day. Usually they didn’t bother him but he found himself wishing for the day they were all south for the winter. The morning would be far quieter and snow would feel blessedly cool against the scorched marks.

There were footsteps, a slow steady pace of one who was enjoying the morning, turned into a hurried pounding of concern. His expression soured as if he took a bite of a lemon. He was in no mood for company, and had little use for the sad, apologetic worry of others. An ear flicked lazily in the direction of the intruder but surprisingly the voice belonged to the doctor. His eyelids parted slightly, a crimson eye peered through the fan of lashes at the cherry mahogany stallion. It would seem that the magic that granted the doctor to heal, also gave him a sixth sense – a knowing for when he was needed, or maybe the cinderbeast was just hard to miss. A muscle jumped in his cheek as he ground his teeth for a moment. “I was in Thistle Meadow at dusk, trying to mind my own business when the Sun God decided to pay a visit” he answered gruffly.

Cineviam was sure that would be all the information the Doctor needed, d’Artagan had been there the day the Sun God had stopped in at the World’s Edge. The soot-stained stallion knew why he purposefully left Daenerys out of the conversation, but it wasn’t like he lied to the Moon Doctor, Cineviam had tried to ignore the silver hornless – had tried to mind his own business, until the deity gave him little choice in the matter.

The muscles under the storm-painted coat grew a little tense. Red eyes are fully open now, keeping a careful watch as the d’Artagan examined his wounds. Doctors had the knowledge to save lives, it was only logical to suspect that they also knew how to kill someone and make it look like the patient succumbed to their injuries. As far as he knew, there was no bad blood between them, but he wasn’t about to stake his life on it. All dark, skeptical thoughts are immediately flushed from his mind the moment the Moon Doctor’s magic cooled and soothed the burns. His eyes fluttered close for a moment and he let out the breath he hadn’t known he had been holding. “That… is…. Marvelous!”

i.cineviam
ii.unicorn
iii.6 years
iv.edge stallion
v.created by blu
vi.adopted by taurus

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi

---

d'Artagnan felt his power shift and increase as it healed away the more troublesome burns from the poor brute's marred skin, grunting in satisfaction as the heat slowly drained away from them. His magic ebbed as he neared completion of his task, allowing him to focus on Cineviam's words and free his thoughts. The sooty steed spoke of the Sun God and the Doctor snorted in anger, have the Earth and Moon not put him in his place yet?! d'Artagnan had been hoping that the wrath had come to an end now but it seemed the arrogant bastard was still hanging about. "I didn't think it would be like you to harm yourself foolishly..."

The burns were turning into smooth scars and d'Artagnan grimaced in weariness, stumbling back and focusing hard to hold his balance. He was happy to save the lives of those worthy but... It wasn't invigorating that was for sure. Puffing through lead coloured nostrils, d'Artagnan let a husky laugh escape his maw at Cineviam's last comment. "Marvelous maybe, but boy! I wish I could cure my own exhaustion!" He let the laugh turn into a groan and turned slightly towards the woods.

"I'm sorry Cineviam, but you'll have those burn scars a while... Your body should be able to recover by itself now however." The Doctor smiled a wan smile and looked back to where he had first come from. He was going to go out and explore other lands today but now... All d'Artagnan could think about was going back to sleep. It wouldn't take too long to regain the strength he had just used up, but sleeping would help the cause greatly. The Doctor was happy though, all in all he had now healed two of his herd mates. That was two enemies he could poison without himself being killed. d'Artagnan remembered the pact he'd made with the Earth God, although seemingly gentle the merlot steed knew by now that picking a fight with a God was not the wisest thing to do.

Wearily sighing, d'Artagnan moved off towards the woods.

"So long Cineviam, if those burns start bothering you again do come find me" and with that, the Doctor disappeared into the forest.

[sorry for having him wonder off, but I need to cut back on the number of threads he's in atm D:]

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!