the Rift

[PRIVATE] Heart song (Wilibald and Cashmere)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

“Midas.” I heard his words and saw his face through the black abyss. The images of my new brethren came sliding into view—they appeared as dark faceless silhouettes of their original forms, but I knew their names and standing features. My orders were wordless, and the task a simple one. “Go.” He ordered.

Eyes opened, alert despite having only just woken. I turned toward the rising sun, gathering myself quickly from the bed of pine that I’d used as a makeshift nest. Fina had already left for her morning hunt and was returning by the time my wings were shaken clear of debris. Talons lashed to a nearby branch, they were both empty of prey, but the faint copper smell lingering around told truth that her hunt hadn’t been one of failure. Likely the phoenix’s meal was consumed in the field.

“What is it?” She asked softly, her bright eyes prying not only to hold gaze but to peer past the shield of my mind and read into the things I’d just seen. I let those images be her answer, to which she sighed and curled neck round to bury flaming crown into the crook of feathers. “Ye go. I sleep.” Fina rasped, shifting further into the shadows.

I smiled, and left her sleeping among the timbers. My walk through the woods was short, the trail opened up into an emerald meadow full of winter wheat that was both sweet to the taste and intoxicating to the senses. Birdsong was near, and soon this place would be overrun in clover, rye and wild oat. “Wilibald, my brother. Come.” Breath came as a warm mist, the trumpeting voice rich and heavy, “Cashmere. Your presence is needed.”
Our colours come alive when I collide with you
with you, with you
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Wilibald Posts: 44
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 14.0 hh :: 8 years
Sarah

So far, it had been a pretty good start to the day. That was, Wilibald hadn’t started the day and if there was a better way for him to spend his time – he didn’t want to hear it just yet. Winter was ending and soon this already lovely land was going to be bountiful in lush grasses and clovers and probably some new and wonderful things to snack on and oh, he could lie around dreaming about it all day. And he planned to!

That was, until he was called for.

Rolling over, which was no small feat, so that he was upright instead of on his side, Wilibald looked around with sleepy, hazy eyes and there was a brief moment where he wondered whether he had just imagined the familiar voice calling for him. But no, better to make sure – at least it was Midas and not one of those angry mares he had met.

It took a couple minutes to get up, as usual, but before too long he was blundering over towards the tall bird-horse with an amiable smile. “Greetings, Midas! I hope you are doing well.” Those wings were still a little unnerving but Wilibald was willing to pretend that they weren’t there because of the favourable view he had of the black and white stallion. It had only improved, really, once he got a good look at just how… natural Midas was compared to some of the others. “You’ve got quite the family here.” That seemed to be the most polite way of phrasing it. He felt better about this place once he had some time to himself, time to get acquainted with the water and the vegetation. Still, every time someone walked by that was more colourful than any flower he had ever seen – a little bit of indigestion made his days a whole lot more complicated. The horses in this land must not have any other predators, aside from themselves – as Midas had pointed out when he first arrived - so they did not need camouflage the way every other species did.

Although he may not particularly like the way his heart jostled at the sight of these colours, the idea that there weren’t any natural predators was a rather wonderful one. As a small, rotund pony – you can see why it would be attractive.

Cashmere Posts: 115
Up For Adoption atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 5 (Orangemoon) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
My hooves pad quietly through the new season. Birdsong. Also known as spring. My winter hairs are already shedding, revealing a slightly lighter coat, and the purple and pink hairs on my belly become more vivid. Though snow is still spattered around on the ground, I can see the sickly green of deadened grass peeking through. With a full snow melt and a nice couple rains, the grass will be full and lush again. I find myself smiling at the idea.

But that's not why I'm out and about this morning. I have been called by my new king. New.. I never really had one before. It was just sort of a mess before. Now, I have leaders - I answer to Seele and Midas. Though, I admit, I do not know either of them particularly well. Or really, at all. I have heard Midas's call, back when he was the leader of Dragon's Throat. That much I remember from the caves. Seele was absent, however, when I arrived. I only really knew Circuta and Reizend then. His winged black and white form is not too far in the distance. But what really piques my interest is that I heard more than my name called, carried through the whispers of the trees. Wilibald. I do not know this beast. Do I want to know him? Of course I do! I am a friendly soul, if a little shy sometimes. My glass horn knocks the low, flimsy branches from my path as I go.

And there in front of me clear as day, Midas the Golden and Wilibald the... short and fat. But I find it endearing instead of laughable. She seems to think it is laughable. But I'm not going to let the Voice ruin this moment. I have to make a good impression. The gordito must be Wilibald. I approach, lowering my head submissively toward the King. I nod to him, and to Wilibald. Before I reply to the summons I live my head again, a smile on my velveteen lips and a sparkle in my warm chocolate eyes. "You called, King Midas?"

how I walk
"how I talk"
how I think
-how She talks to me-

Table by Lauren || IMAGE CREDITS
[Image: cashmere_by_lainey_lou-d73bbjq.png]
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Silk excluding dismemberment and death.
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Wilibald was the first to come forward from the overhanging greenery. I smiled just a little as he approached, crown bobbed thrice with controlled nods in a form of salute and greeting. This dwarfish brother of mine didn't fail to met my grin with a beam of his own and a bright welcome, “Long days and pleasant nights to ye.” I replied. Honeyed eyes gleaming in brotherly affection for this kindred fellow, a strong connection had already begun its tether, and the lord of Earth had selected very well his future charge of magic.

The sandy colored lad offered a comment, to which I grinned evermore and said in agreement, “Yar, quite.” We had a rather interesting family indeed, one that was growing easier to love with the passing of time and a recent flock in new members. The grey dappled mare with soothing dark eyes came from the timbers next, her smile was as gentle as the snows lingering on the caps of mountains. The same lass I’d seen in my dream, “Indeed…” I soothed, offering her a quiet nod.

Clearing my throat I regarded the two for a moment, allowing the air to relax between us before beginning to speak, “The lord of Earth has come to me in a vision, he has chosen ye among our kin to inherit power and become leaders among your ranks. Wilibald.” Though my tone isn’t unprofessional, it also doesn’t lack warmth and compassion for them, “Earth has chosen ye to become our Storyteller, the seer who can look upon visions of the future and stand as a keeper of our history.” Silence lapses for a moment, allowing him to sink in what he would or reject what he wouldn’t, “Cashmere,” my smile grows from its easy state to one of beaming purpose, “Ye has been chosen to stand as the second Mason for your herd, a crafter in matters of Earth.”

“What say ye two?”

with you, with you

Hidden Account
Sarah

A mare – Cashmere she must be - joins them, yet another with one of those things upon her brow. What was the purpose of a horn? Wings he could almost understand (almost) but a horn, well, would it not be distracting? Lingering in the middle of your vision all the time and potentially getting tangled in things. It would be rude to ask her why she had it, or the little sooty chestnut might have done so right then and there. But from Midas’s professional air, this was not just some random conversation – there was a purpose to calling them both there. And very soon, they found out what that was.

The way Midas was saying these words, half of which Wilibald didn’t understand, made it seem like it was supposed to be a good thing – indeed, a great honour. There was that smile on the kind stallion’s face which was the pony could not decide whether or not it was comforting or discomforting. Who was this Lord of the Earth and who was he to be handing out positions in the herd? Though the term ‘storyteller’ quite appealed to him – he could tell stories and learn histories all day – there were other parts to what had been spoken that rather sounded like hokum.

But Midas rather deserved a more polite way of phrasing it. A glance was cast to the mare, wondering if she was having as hard of a time gripping what had been said, before refocusing. His skeptical voice came out cautiously as he sought the right words, not wanting to cause offense. “I’m afraid I don’t quite follow what you mean.” To further explain, he repeated one of the points that was causing the most severe heart palpitations. “Visions of the future?” Now don’t tell me there was magic in these lands too!

please tag Wilibald in replies
non-lethal force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Cashmere Posts: 115
Up For Adoption atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 5 (Orangemoon) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
I am quiet, listening to the calling of the King. Midas has words for us, and they seem to be very important. As I listen, I realize they are. He greets both of us, myself and this Wilibald, the little chestnut pony. What Midas has for us is both important and simple. For Wilibald, he has chosen the role of Storyteller, whatever that is. I cock my head, curious, and a smile is on my face. Simple, but happy enough. I am curious what this title is. Now he turns to me. Am I to be a storyteller as well?

'Ye has been chosen to stand as the second Mason for your herd, a crafter in matters of Earth.' He has a funny accent, which amuses me. But it is his way and I do not poke fun. I am sure I sound funny to him as well. I am startled that I have been granted such an honor. A Mason.. a crafter! Joy spreads through me and warms me, and the Voice is nowhere to be found. I can create for my new home! I can help, build, do whatever my new family asks of me. It will be a beautiful adventure and I lift my front hooves from the ground, a little leap of joy. I bow my head to him, glass horn pointed toward the ground. Wilibald has spoken his happiness, or confusion rather, and it is now my turn to speak.

"King Midas I am honored. It is my greatest desire to create. Who may I ask is the second Mason I shall be joining?"

OOC: sorry it's so short :/

how I walk
"how I talk"
how I think
-how She talks to me-

Table by Lauren || IMAGE CREDITS
[Image: cashmere_by_lainey_lou-d73bbjq.png]
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Silk excluding dismemberment and death.
Ascended Helovian

Deceased

Wilibald's reaction was a mix of confusion and surprise; I smiled at him kindly, waiting with the patience of earth for his mind to swallow the information that had been given. It wasn’t moments later that he spoke up, hesitantly but curious enough to be interested all the same, “Aye, visions.” Ebony crown nodded once sharply in assurance, no sign of humor layered my gaze—this wasn’t a jest, “It is said that those chosen will receive the ability to glimpse past the fog of time and see into the future. Ye will not only become keeper of lore, but a personal advisor to myself and Seele in all matters. The god of earth will speak with thee more on such matters, of that I am sure.”

The grey lady, Cashmere, had an entirely different reaction. She responded favorably, the youth seemed to enjoy the announcement of title by evidence of how she kicked up her heels. I turned my attention toward her question, “Ye will be paired with Elsa. Thee might remember seeing her from the herd meeting?”it would be Cashmere’s reasonability to meet with the other Mason, though I felt that their pairing couldn’t have been more perfect; both females seemed to possess an even temper,“She is a Pegasus, pale white and carries the mark of Frostfall on her left shoulder.” The inheritance of magic was an honor; I often wondered on how the lord chose his leaders in ranks, obviously there was some form of compatibility or skill.
with you, with you

Hidden Account
Sarah

Midas remained kind throughout this whole ordeal. And it was certainly an ordeal. There was a lot of rather heavy information being tossed around. “The God of the Earth?” Okay Wilibald, you have to stop repeating everything that is being said to you – but there was an awful lot of information being mentioned as though it was nothing in the world – common place even.

The pony lowered his head for a moment, breathing in deep gulps as he focused on the grass just beneath his feet. Just grass, nothing more. No magic no visions no funny stuff. But as much as he wished otherwise, he could not just watch the gentle movement of the blades and forget what was happening around him. For one, that would be incredibly rude of him. And… well actually that was the only reason why he could not just focus on the grass and pretend Midas and Cashmere were no longer in his presence.

The dappled mare sure seemed to think whatever she got – Mason, was it? – was a high honour. Was that the appropriate response? Were they being awarded a high honour? It did not feel like it. It felt like the start of a heart attack.

Another few breaths and Wilibald raised his head once again, focusing his attention on Midas. He had a feeling he was going to regret asking this question but it really did need to be brought up. “Okay so how does this work exactly?”

non-lethal force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries
Ascended Helovian

Deceased

I felt nothing but kindness and an overwhelming embrace of patience for the amiable ittle fellow, Wilibald was certainly unaccustomed to our manners of life; and had I been in his hooves, my reaction might have mimicked the same. He repeated the title of our lord patron, I nodded graciously and fell silent for the next question that was surely quick to heel. He lowered his face from me, concentrating on some steading spot in the dirt. I smiled and restrained the urge to reach out with friendly gesture and give the lad a small tap on the shoulder. “Lift heart,” I wanted to say, “Thee is blessed.” But my foreign friend and brother didn’t seem like a touch would be as well received as I’d have it.

After a moment, Wilibald looked up with a troubled stare that bordered nerves. He easily caught my gaze, steading as our eyes locked. Ebony brows rose expectantly and the flashing flick of ivory hit both hocks eagerly. “Visiting the pool would be a good start.” I mused quietly, “Then praying for guidance—it is anyone’s guess if Earth answers ye today. He works as he will.” Perhaps actually showing him the marbled water would help clear up any confusion. “Come, walk with me dear brother. I will show ye the pool.” Glancing back toward Cashmere I offered the dappled mare a cordial beam and added, “Should ye further assistance, find me later.” She was capable lass and I felt sure that the position of Mason would suit her well.
with you, with you

Hidden Account
Sarah

Wilibald trusted Midas – whether that would turn around and bite him in his sizeable behind in a couple moments, he wasn’t too sure. He was pretty sure that he did not want to go see this pool and he had no idea what he was going to say to a God to try to get them to answer him, but Midas was remaining calm. That was a good sign, right?

This pony could not outrun much, but he could outrun a pool of water easily enough if it came down to that.

“Your not tricking me with anything are you, Midas?” Rhetorical… mostly – most wouldn’t admit to being a trickster if that was their plan. But Wilibald would feel safer getting a firm ‘no’. “This is a safe position to hold in the herd?” Stubbornly ignoring the whole ‘magic’ thing that was going to result in some serious binge eating after this was all over with for the day (drown out the uncertainty with sweet sweet clover), Wilibald decided to focus on the other parts. It was basically just talking to someone else, right? He could do that. So long as whatever lived in the pool wasn’t prone to attacking the one that was trying to strike up a conversation.

Before leaving the dappled unicorn, Wilibald took a moment to bid her farewell. “It was a pleasure to meet you, Cashmere. Good day!” There, a little bit of pleasantries settled his stomach a little, and he followed Midas to the pool he mentioned without another peep.

The trip there was uneventful but Wilibald hung back once they were in sight of it. He didn’t want to get too close – just in case. He eyed the gem-lined pool like it was something feral. Without taking his eye off of the pool, wary of what might appear, he asked Midas the newest question that had popped into his mind. “So this Earth God is living in there?”

Ascended Helovian

Deceased

I’d expected reservations, confusion—but when Wilibald spoke up with a half suggestion that I would play him the fool. I was shocked, a visible frown chased the light from my face and eyes; jaws flapped apart but for the moment nothing aside from air would come forth. His explanation turned into another question, one likely born of fear from the unfamiliarity of this new life. Surprise transformed beautifully into a shine of tenderness, “Storyteller is among the most respected ranks, ye will be holding a position of the highest honor. I believe ye will be satisfied. It is not a position of battle or strife.”

We walked to the water in silence, I remained open to his questions but there was no lie to my eagerness for acceptance to stir as a result. When the forest opened to reveal a shallow pool I smiled and glanced back at my company for his reaction. Though the atmosphere was calm and water unrumpled, smooth as glass—he looked about ready to jump from flesh into another body that was far from this location.

Easing forward toward the bank I hovered near the surface, lowering one wing to gently brush a feather across its pristine surface, scattering the smooth texture into an array of ripples and droplets. His next inquiry made me smile wider, “Nay,”I started, glancing toward the distant cliffs and the sky, “He lives all around us, in the plants and animals. His breath gives life to the creation we see.” Turning toward Wilibald I added firmly, “He is the earth. The soil beneath our feet.”

“This pool is only a tool used to communicate with him directly. It is a place of prayer and sometimes they are answered.”
with you, with you

Hidden Account
Sarah

Fortune smiled on Wilibald for not the first time since he had arrived in Helovia. Not only did he count himself rather lucky to have met Midas and have been invited to live here, but he was finding himself in a rather interesting position. He had been trusted with this and maybe he should have thought before accusing Midas of playing him the fool.

It was rather fortunate that the God that Midas was describing was not so very different from what his herd had quietly revered back in his homeland mountains. Worship was not quite the word for it but they were caretakers of the earth, and though they ate more than some they were always careful to stay within the balance. The earth supported them, after all, and it was understood that they had a special reverence for it above all other things.

The chestnut pony stayed where he was, back from the edge of the pool. He battled with the anxiety that made him jump when Midas brushed a wing against the surface of the water – still expecting something to pop out – but trying to keep in mind that he could trust his friend.

A small step was taken forward – curiosity becoming a strong pull but experience warning him against it. Curiosity killed the fat pony. “What do you pray about?” And then because he was feeling thorough, he gave up one of the other questions he had. “What else does this position require of me?” Maybe he should have fully digested this part of the job first but Wilibald felt as though he might need to just hear it all. Midas had mentioned being a keeper of the history, which rather tickled the pony’s fancy. Stories were, after all, a particular favourite of his.

Ascended Helovian

Deceased

His question is a personal one, demanding effortlessly whatever answer I’d be willing to feed it. Had my nature been one of fake tongue waggling, the lad might have received some light heart joke of a man trying to cover his mistakes as logic decreed. Luckily I wasn’t the false sort and it seemed that honesty was only a breath away from those that were curious enough to pry, “I thank Earth for his blessings and pray for my children, their safety and well-being. I pray for forgiveness in shortcomings—which are numerous in the count.” Gilt gaze watches the ripples grow still and glassy once again, I lingered on the pool; searching for nothing, but at the same time searching for everything, “And lastly I pray for guidance…for it would seems that no path is entirely right or wrong.”

The other prying was easier to answer, though I felt that much was only a repeat of what had been previously spoken, “Ye would be required to become a caretaker in the stories of this land—a keeper of knowledge and lore. Pass our history and tales to the generations that will come.” Further instructions would come from Earth himself, I could only word what had become fact—in truth nobody understood the godly position that Wilibald would soon find himself holding. It was shrouded with magic that was both pure and powerful; Onni had held the title of oracle for many seasons—and she had glowed with the radiance of sun. “Can ye accept this position? With a full heart?”
with you, with you

Hidden Account
Sarah

Taking his time, Wilibald gradually found his way right to the edge of the water - eyeing it carefully. Still not quite believing that the God of the Earth wasn’t living right in there, listening to them at the moment. His attention returns to the company at hand as Midas answered his question, telling him all the things that he prayed about. And there was quite the list. Did everyone pray that much?

“I like the sound of that.” Sniffing at the pool cautiously he responded to Midas’ words, rather taken with the idea of being a caretaker of the stories and lore. It didn’t matter if the stories were a little… stranger than he was used to - it was the strange stories that always gathered the biggest crowds. It was the strange stories that you remembered because they reminded you how wonderful life was in their peaceful little valley. Now, Wilibald was finding himself in the situation where he might actually get to witness some of those stories happen.

Well, hopefully not. But he would be here when they got back from whatever-was-happening and he would be here for them to tell him what happened.

It felt like security, felt like a reason to stick around and be kept safe. So when Midas asked him once and for all, whether he could accept the position, a little smile tugged at the corners of his mouth when his brown eyes met the king’s. “Yes, Midas. It would be an honour.” He was mimicking the dappled unicorn’s words just slightly but they were still true - he was simply borrowing a phrase for a situation he did not ever intend to enter. His herd had not had ranks, it was simply acknowledge that there were elders that had seen more - and their opinions should be held above all others.

Ascended Helovian

Deceased

He agreed to become our storyteller, my smile expanded with approval. “Tis good.” Earth hadn’t been faulty in his choice, but then again—he never was. Didn’t that explain why I found myself in the company of crazies and the graveyard remains of Foothills? He’d seen something in me, waited patiently for me to mature and unfurl under the watch of his brother. Speaking of, “A note of a knowledge to aid toward your growth. There are four gods in Helovia, Earth, Sun, Moon, and Time.” I hadn’t ever come face to face with three of the other lords, (at least to my understanding). Rumor held tidbits of fact that Sun was as cruel as he was helpful and brave, and Moon choose a path riddled with lies, but she was a protective mother to those that found comfort beneath the arch of her wings. As for Time, I’d heard little to nothing about him.

“Sun is patron god over Dragon’s Throat, a desert far south of here.” Just thinking of home made my throat clinch tightly, “Moon oversees World’s Edge and Time is lord in Aurora Basin.” This basic information was something that even a small child could recite on command. Each god to their prospective land, “and as ye already knows, Earth is our caretaker.” Just as the Sun was warlike, Earth was a gentle soul—preferring life and peace over death and destruction. The history of Helovia and the gods was interesting, and it would be an easier subject for Wilibald to grasp for his first few assignments. More accessible than trying to unravel and record the mysteries in Helovia.
with you, with you