Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali
Ktulu</style>
when the sky turns gray and everything is screaming
i will reach inside just to find my heart is beating
</style>

Dusk had fallen by the time Ktulu reached the edge of the Edge's herd land. All around her face the fireflies flickered, a constant reminder of the Ancient Bear that had resided in the forest and the final gift that he had given to her. Eytan brushed against her leg as they walked and she looked down at him, wondering not for the first time how she had gotten so lucky to be gifted him as well from the same ancient soul. "Edge home now?" His voice broke her from her musing and the mare gave only a single nod of her head. "Only if they'll have us." She answered his question, knowing that there was always the possibility that she would be turned away, not that she'd hold it against them if they did.

She was some distance into the herd land when she stopped and when she did she noted the dilapidated glass wall. "What is it?" "A wall." Ktulu answered the bear's question. Thinking back she didn't remember it from when Mauja's herd had inhabited the World's Edge. Had it been there maybe Ophelia wouldn't have ventured so far in and been attacked by Deimos and, in turn, she wouldn't have attacked Mauja. She felt no remorse for attacking the icy king then and she felt no remorse now. He had deserved it.

"We call?" Eytan looked up at his bonded and she nodded. As she opened her mouth to call for someone to meet her where she stood Eytan roared into the darkening forest, much to Ktulu's displeasure. The last thing she wanted was for anyone to feel threatened by a predator on their borders and Eytan often forgot that was exactly what he was. "Hello!" She called out after his call had died away.

"."

@[Kahlua] and open

Image Credits

Icon by Tay

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
KAHLUA
“Oh thank goodness! I've been looking for you everywhere!” And the painted woman burst into brilliant laughter as her sentence ended, weaving her way though chunks of the broken glass wall to stand on the outside of her herd lands, smile alight in her eyes, nodding her head to the familiar mare. The sentence was utter nonsense, of course, Kahlua hadn't been looking for the mare at all, but she was in fine spirits on this lovely spring day and she felt more like a sunshower than she ever had. Even with the dusk calling the moon to the skies, a time when Kahlua usually began to shift uneasily in fear, she found that her heart was easy and alight with joy.

Admittedly, Eytan's call that had even alerted her to the presence of a stranger at the border had made her somewhat nervous, but the painted queen had learned to accept the sometimes boisterous habits of carnivorous companions. Besides, she couldn't recall anything she had ever heard in the Edge ever making that noise, so she had gone on to investigate with the whole-hearted enthusiasm that she did everything, bounding to the border in a mess of joyfully chaotic limbs, arriving like a whirlwind but at least managing to walk the last few steps.

“How are you, my friend? Welcome to the Edge.” Though Ktulu had assured Kahlua that peace was not possible, Kahlua did not count her as enemy or unwanted. Rather, the queen found herself rather interested at the sudden appearance of an acquaintance at her borders. Keeping a respectful distance between herself and the bear, at least mindful of his ability to maim her if he desired, the queen waited patiently, the soft hum of a happy spring morning falling from her lips in celebration of the warmth that had come upon them and the banishment of the snow back to the heavens for another year. Who could possibly be sad in weather like this?
LeadeR
world's edge
Image Credit

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Ktulu</style>
</style>

“Oh thank goodness! I've been looking for you everywhere!”

Ktulu's eyes locked on the painted mare that came to stand on the other side of the battered wall, claiming that she had been looking for her. The Constrictor remembered her from a run in in the Grove shortly after her warriors had aided the Basin in an invasion. What she remembered most was the mare's desire for peace and her lack of understanding that peace was impossible without war to eliminate those that opposed it. Even then Ktulu was unsure that peace would ever be possible.

"I am well." She answered Kahlua's question, though somewhat warily. The mare's persistent happiness was unusual and quite unnerving to Ktulu who was more accustomed to associating with warriors. Eytan, on the other hand, found the painted mare's personality charming and grinned toothily at her. "And yourself?" She asked moments later, but she really wasn't all that concerned with Kahlua's answer.

"I'm actually looking for the leader." Her tail flicked as she gazed unknowingly at the queen of the Edge. In her experience Kahlua's demeanor didn't scream that she was a leader. A contented follower, perhaps. The Constrictor's own personal experience with being a leader left her wary of others and always searching for an ulterior motive. Part of her actually hoped that Kahlua wasn't carrying the burden of leadership because it would change her. It was difficult to be happy when faced with the constant burden of trespassers, invasions and the like.

"."

Image Credits

Icon by Tay

Aaron Posts: 260
World's Edge Protector atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 6 Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alanna :: Common Hellhound :: Energy Drain Emily
Aaron

The pair had been out patrolling. Not something under the Glazier's list of tasks... In fact he really should be working on the Greenhouse for Resplendence, but for some reason the painted stud just could not settle down. Even Alanna seemed to pick up on his restlessness. The young hellhound paced back and forth as her bonded looked around in the area that the greenhouse was to stand. This went on for a good couple hours, and the sun was steadily dropping beneath the horizon. Let's go patrol Alanna... Maybe then I can settle in and get to work It seemed the Glazier would not have to ask his bonded twice as she bounded off eagerly.

The paint was all to eager to fall in with his bonded, hooves and paws moving steadily around to the broken wall. He really needed to know if they were going to fix it. If not..... Well Aaron felt sure there was several members of the herd that would not mind breaking it down. He in fact wouldn't mind taking out some of his anger at the world on the wall. Everyone in his life that had been important was gone... Well, everyone but Alanna.

It was Alanna who heard the calls first. The ivory and garnet she-wolf stopped dead in her tracks, causing Aaron to send dirt flying over her. Ugh, dirt bath. Aaron couldn't help but chuckle at her. She never was one to have dirt all over her. Strangers, close by. Think Kahlua is heading to them. Aaron nodded. Let's go. Together they headed towards the growing sound of voices. It seemed Kahlua was no longer just heading there, but speaking to whoever arrived. As he was breaking through the treeline the voice was unmistakable. "I'm actually looking for the leader." Kutlu. His inner emotions went wild. Was Phi coming here too? Sure deep down he would always care for the girl he first met in Isilme.... But Helovia had changed them. He cared about Kimber now, not that he was much farther with her than he ever got with Phi.... But, ah well. "You're speaking to one right now." His steps had slowed to the point that he came to stand near Kahlua, Alanna on the painted Queen's opposite side. "It's been a long time Kutlu.."

"Talking"

GlazieR
world's edge
Image Credit

In Nomine Patris Et Filii
Et Spiritus Sancti

Please Tag Aaron in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Aaron at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

KAHLUA
The bear's toothy grin at first made the mare shift somewhat uneasily, watching him warily, but seconds passed and he did nothing more than stand there, so Kahlua decided that she was safe and instead shared the moment with him, returning the smile before looking back to Ktulu. “Quite well, thanks for asking,” she answered, oblivious to Ktulu's indifference, as always. As for Ktulu's search for a leader, Kahlua was ready to answer when her trusted Glazier burst onto the scene, always appearing at just the right moment, it seemed.

“Aaron,” she called out with a respectful nod of her head, continuing to look quite unqueenly. Really, though, Kahlua thought that the expected norms for royalty were rather confining. Always appear in control, steadfast, regal, and so on. Wasn't a queen allowed to have fun too? Wasn't a king allowed to romp and play in a quiet moment? Sometimes it seemed that the answer was always no, that she should not be allowed to do anything but work for her herd in the most noble manner possible. And yet... the Sunshower found that she did not care much for those ideals and decided she would rather be herself.

“How can I help you?” she asked Ktulu, giving a respectful amount of time between Aaron's greeting to her. It was actually quite convenient that he knew Ktulu already. As she waited, Kahlua looked through the threes at the setting sun, enjoying the cool breeze that played over her coat and pulled at her mane and tail. The winds and the mist were as much home to her as the forest she ruled and could she speak to them she would surely call them friend.
LeadeR
world's edge
Image Credit

Ktulu</style>
</style>

"You're speaking to one right now."

Crimson orbs shifted to the stallion that had arrived and spoken before Kahlua could introduce herself as the Edge's Queen. She remained quiet until Aaron spoke her name and so she nodded her head. "Quite a few seasons, Aaron." She finally spoke, her gaze falling to the hound that had arrived with him. "I see you got a companion. Congratulations." To say she felt a bit of a strain between herself and someone who, at one point, she might have considered a childhood friend, was a bit of an understatement. They had all gone their separate ways when they had gotten old enough, some had made mistakes and were seeking to rectify them, while others seemed to have found their calling early on.

She had little left to say to the stallion and so she looked at Kahlua again, head tilted slightly as she observed the other mare for a moment. She seemed ... too pure. Untainted. How long would it last in a position as a leader? How long until the pressure of keeping a growing herd safe from the threats of the gods, other herds, and the dark, evil, vile magic that had been plaguing the land became too much and she cracked? Would she be a strong enough leader to follow? "She's good." Eytan insisted, drawing his bonded's attention to him. He looked up at her and nodded his large furry head. He had a way of picking out the good horses from the bad ones while she had a knack for picking out the bad ones, so she trusted his intuition.

"I'm looking for a home." She answered Kahlua's question quite simply. "One safe enough for myself and my mate." "That's the first time you said it out loud to anyone else." Eytan pointed out, snickering. Ktulu shot the bear a look that made him sober up and she turned her muscled body in the direction that she had come from, tail flicking and scattering fireflies around her legs as she did so. "Lakota!" She called for her poisoner, waited until she saw her making her way through the trees and turned back to the two equines and the she-wolf that had greeted her.

"I would like to serve as a warrior in your ranks." She continued on. "Lakota will also be of service." The blue roan had such an extensive knowledge of healing and poisons that she was bound to find her niche and fit right in. The only question she had was if she would be able to or if her heart would yearn for the life of an outcast that no longer suited her.

"."

@[Kahlua] @[Aaron] @[Lakota]
ooc:// tagged kahlua since i took forever to post. sorry!

Image Credits

Icon by Tay

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit
Lakota & Ktulu
The Poisoner & The Constrictor

Since their reunion, Ktulu's Poisoner had not strayed far from her side at any moment. Fearing they would be separated so soon once more. She heeled like an obedient dog, yet she never doubted that Ktulu saw her as an equal, and so her obedience came from the surety that she was not lesser. Love made her confident. It made her glow. Ktulu made her beautiful, made her vibrant, in so many ways Lakota could scarcely comprehend. Lakota had never felt truly beautiful before, not until Ktulu had breathed love into her and awakened her soul. She'd never felt more beautiful since Ktulu had walked into her life. And it wasn't an abundance of compliments or flattering statements that caused such a feeling to well in her chest, either. It was simply knowing Ktulu loved her. That Lakota was hers. And so when her Constrictor had quietly asked her to remain behind while she met with the leaders of the Edge, Lakota had smiled and agreed. And that is where she remained, idly grazing on occasion, even as nervousness clawed at her belly. She disliked leaving Ktulu on her own, to face the leaders of a herd she did not know, but she trusted her mate just as much.

Tulu fine, Aodaun chided softly, amusement thick in his voice, and Lakota swore that damn bear was smirking at her. Childishly puffing her cheeks at him she flicked her plume and nervously resumed her pacing. Surely Ktulu or Eytan would have alerted her had something gone wrong...even if they were overwhelmed. Nausea made her feel sick, knowing she was overreacting. But she hated, more than anything, to leave her beloved at the mercy of those she did not trust. Even more so those she didn't know at all. Aodaun huffed at her, clearly resigned to the fact he wouldn't be getting through to her, and turned to pad away from her. Curiosity seized the maiden, deep sapphire harks flicking up and pretty features lifting into the sun to watch him as he left.

"Ao?" she called softly, puzzled. The bear waved her off mildly, clearly content in whatever it was he was doing, and so Lakota frowned but let him waltz off wherever it was he wished. She would not chain him at her side, even if she worried for him and loved his companionship both. Though she did eventually lower herself gingerly into the cool grass below, chest high and forelegs long before her, ready to move at any moment. But it was better than wearing her legs off pacing. So instead, she closed her eyes, pulled herself to the thread of Aodaun's consciousness, and allowed his vision to suffice for her own.

Relief flowed through her, seeing Ktulu calm and almost...relaxed in the presence of the two painted equines standing opposite her unicorn mate. She was unharmed. Aodaun hung back, flopping silently on his belly in the underbrush to watch them. If Eytan sensed the, Lakota doubted Ktulu would misunderstand. In fact, she would likely immediately know why Aodaun had come to spy upon them, for Lakota was worried for the well-being of her mate. She listened idly, understanding all the words Aodaun caught despite his own choppy comprehension of their language. A flush raged through her and her face burned hot as she heard her beloved speak, declaring aloud a sentiment she could scarcely believe despite the truthfulness of it. "I'm looking for a home. One safe enough for myself and my mate." Her heart trembled, chest warm and pleasantly fuzzy. My mate. She wanted to roll about and scream and laugh, let everyone know what she'd just heard, she was so deliriously happy.

So enveloped in her feelings she hardly realized her name was being called, but her eyes shot open regardless, momentarily dizzying herself as she severed the connection with Aodaun. Snorting softly she kicked gracefully up to ebony hooves, turning and loping elegantly towards her mate. A soft whicker announced her presence before she appeared, readying the trio to her impending arrival. A true call was unnecessary with their short distance. At her side, Aodaun reappeared, and as a pair they came to view the three gathered at the borders. Critical violet eyes swept over Aaron and Kahlua, before softening subtly upon landing on Ktulu's muscled frame.

"Volunteering me already?" she laughed playfully, voice soft, clearly meant for Ktulu alone even if it was audible to all. Voice became more guarded, expression more vapid as she faced the leader she may take on as her own. "Lakota the Poisoner, a pleasure." Lyrics purred like a black panther's from her lips, velvet over a silver dagger. Lakota was soft with love for only one living soul, but she was not to be disregarded as the dangerous being she truly was. Eyes slid slowly over to rest upon Ktulu, moving closer until their sides brush, cheek momentarily lingering over the depression where neck and shoulder met, hearing her heartbeat as she checked her for wounds she logically knew were not there. "Is this the home you desire, Ktulu?" Phrased seriously, but in no way judgmental. A plain question, eyes flickering over Ktulu's face for an answer. Was this the place? Would this become their home?

Aaron Posts: 260
World's Edge Protector atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 6 Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alanna :: Common Hellhound :: Energy Drain Emily
Aaron

Kutlu seemed to return the gesture, speaking calmly. "Quite a few seasons, Aaron." There was no bad blood between them, not even really between Phi and him..... Even if he still wanted to kick their hind ends for attacking the Foothills. "To long." In the end, he could not blame them. They saw their chance for a home for The Grey and they took it. Mirage's ties with the Throat had stopped the young stud short of defending against the invasion. "I see you got a companion. Congratulations. He nodded before speaking again. "Thank you. I see you gained one as well. Congratulations to you too." Alanna shifted, unsure of the bear.

“How can I help you?” Kahlua was cutting straight to the point, and he could not blame her. Surely Kutlu had come for a reason. Sure enough that reason was soon revealed. "I'm looking for a home." A short pause before words Aaron was surprised to hear. "One safe enough for myself and my mate. A mate?! Kutlu had a mate before he did? Did Phi have one too? Stop that. Neither girl good enough for you Alanna's voice sounded off in his mind. He did not feel that way, at least when it came to Phi. What bout Kimber? Though Kahlua nice too... Aaron had to stop himself from reacting to those words. He missed Kimber dearly. No one could replace her presence in his life. Kahlua was his friend, once Glazier partner. Not a romantic interest.

However he was even more in shock when she called the name of her mate. "Lakota!" Alanna was quick to respond in his mind. Girl name for mate? Sure enough out from the trees came an unfamiliar figure. A mare at that.... Wait..... That means Kutlu fancies the girls?! What the hell?! Even Alanna was staring in shock.... Aaron would of never guessed that his childhood friend would of taken another girl as her mate.... "Volunteering me already?" Alanna glanced to Kahlua to see her reaction. "Lakota the Poisoner, a pleasure." Did almost everyone have titles these days? Aaron snorted in frustration. He longed to hold a place that gave him a title. "Is this the home you desire, Ktulu?" He looked to Alanna as if to say Would you be here if it wasn't?

"Talking"

GlazieR
world's edge
Image Credit

In Nomine Patris Et Filii
Et Spiritus Sancti

Please Tag Aaron in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Aaron at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

KAHLUA
To be honest, Kahlua rather liked that Ktulu was straight forward and to the point. She had never been very good at deciphering out little motives and secrets hidden in others faces. No, she worked much better when her friends were straight to the point. Clarity was certainly not something she was lacking at this point. I'm looking for a home. The queen couldn't help but smile brightly. To not one- but two- to her home was an exciting new possibility and as Ktulu called out for Lakota, Kahlua was busy sticking her hoof in her mouth. “I'm sure we'd be more than happy to have you and him both!” she chattered cheerfully, until Lakota's appearance. “Oh, forgive me!” and she began to laugh brilliantly, but it was not mocking. No, it was a joyous sound and her blue eyes twinkled with the gayety.

Still, she managed to bring herself back down as Lakota began to speak. Volunteering me already? Kahlua turned and nodded to her deeply, a kind gesture and hopefully an apologetic one. Still, she couldn't help but be nervous about Lakota's title. The poisoner. “Kahlua the Sunshower,” she repeated, in case Lakota had missed it, but her smiled and been muted as she looked between them. Now for the true test of the two, although Kahlua was certainly she would not be able to detect any deception if it was present. She could only hope that Ktulu would continue to be straightforward with her and that the so-called Poisoner was not a surreptitious threat.

“As I said, we would be happy to have you, so long as you fit with our ideals.” She turned to Aaron with a smile, welcoming him to add anything he might have to say when she was done. He was a council member as well as a friend and his expertise and insight were always welcome in her presence. “We continue Mirage's search for peace, although more proactive. Can you follow our goals and look for peace?” She watched them now patiently, awaiting their responses. Despite the fact that she seemed older in this moment, calm and watchful, her earlier outbursts were evidence that the queen would always be a child at heart.

@[Ktulu]
LeadeR
world's edge
Image Credit

Ktulu</style>
</style>

"Thank you." She said when Aaron congratulated her on her companion. "His name is Eytan. I received him from the Ancient Bear in the Deep Forest." She looked down at the bear, remembering when he had been just a cub, falling over his own paws and playing with her tail. Time had gone by so quickly and he'd grown into a fearsome looking predator, but at heart he was nothing more than a teddy bear.

Ktulu said nothing as Kahlua automatically assumed that her mate was a male. She was far too masculine to be able to truly commit herself to a stallion without changing who she was at her core. Lakota was perfect for her, allowed her to be herself, be protective, possessive, loving and it just felt right. The corners of her mouth curved upward as Lakota came into view. "I have." She confirmed her poisoner's question. She was sure Lakota would understand her desire to be an asset to the herd that she chose to serve. She could not and she would not sit idly by and be nothing more than a citizen.

Ktulu touched her muzzle to Lakota's forehead when the mare rested her cheek against her. "It is." She murmured in response to her question. She owed it to the Edge to serve them. It was her warriors that had helped the Basin with their invasion and she wanted to make amends for what she had done. The only way she could do that was by serving them and protecting them.

“As I said, we would be happy to have you, so long as you fit with our ideals.”

"So long as your ideals do not involve racism we will get along fine." Ktulu said, her tone serious. Her head tilted as Kahlua spoke of a more proactive way of searching for peace. "What is your method?" She asked curiously, remembering that she had told the mare one time before that peace was impossible without war.

"."

@[Aaron] @[Lakota]

Image Credits

Icon by Tay

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit
Lakota & Ktulu
The Poisoner & The Constrictor

A silken brow lifted, clearly amused, when Kahlua automatically assumed her gender to be opposite of Ktulu's. But she shook her head, clearly mending the small transgression, and gave a soft laugh. "A simple mistake, it's not the most common of things I suppose," she warranted, eyes sparkling with mirth at their obvious shock. It was highly amusing to her, to see how Aaron floundered like a duck new to water at the news. Kahlua, at least, was far more open and accepting about her mistake, and her apologies were unneeded but appreciated. Ktulu's voice came next, smooth and confident, but Lakota had always been content to leave most of the decisions up to Ktulu. She was not voiceless in their matehood, but she'd never had much care for more trivial matters, and so did not mind herself being volunteered. Aside from that, Ktulu knew Lakota would go absolutely mad without a task of some sort, so she was truly doing them all a favor.

Brilliant violet orbs shuttered as soft lips touched her forehead, smile growing smaller but warmer, more intimate in this stolen moment among strangers. But it was exactly that, a stolen moment, for seconds later Kahlua is introducing herself once more, title and all. Lakota bows her head, low enough to be respectful but high enough to show that she is not so easily swayed into submission beneath authority. Respect is earned, in her book, but she would not be a total bitch either. Even if sometimes she was a little tempted.

Ah, so the test was this? Lakota nodded to herself, leaning easily upon Ktulu's side as she contemplated the words Kahlua had spoken. Aodaun came to rest beside her left foreleg, proud and massive, a silent beacon of support for her. "Of course, I agree with Ktulu. I will not stand to be in a racist home. I am not ashamed to say my past is one of blood and war, I am meant to kill and fight," her eyes locked like violet arrows onto Kahlua's kindly, serene features. Hopefully the dame would appreciate the sincerity with which she spoke, and would hear her out. "But I desire peace. I desire a stable home, to rear a family. I cannot change who I am, but I will abide by all laws you place upon me for the safety of the herd. I can live by your peace. But it is best that you at least know of what I am capable of, I will not be accepted on false pretenses." There is tension along her spine, and she presses more firmly into Ktulu. Though she is loathe to admit it, she fears that her honesty may not allow her entrance alongside her mate. But she was willing to live peacefully, to finally let go. Surely that counted for something? Atonement?