the Rift

[PRIVATE] Here's lookin' at you

Satanic Silk Posts: 153
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 5 (Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE

In the brightness of the noon day, I blink my eyes slowly, trying to keep the rays from penetrating my blood red eyes too deeply. Don't stare at the sun, you'll go blind. In one of the contradictions of nature, though the sun is bright and shining, there is snow falling to the ground, stubbornly insisting on perpetuating the cold winter. The clouds fight the sun, but there is no way to break the tie between the two natural forces. The snowflakes that land on my lashes, each individual and special in their own way, and more detailed than I could ever see with my naked eye, are ticklish, even more than any summer's fly.

And each tickling snowflake is beautiful.

I would not readily say that I am born of the snow and ice, but as with every season, I can appreciate the virtues. Summer brings brilliant sun, warmth, life, harvest. Autumn brings relief from the heat and a transition into the cool. Then the cold winter as the world rests and stores up strength. Spring, the rebirth of the land and all creatures within. The sun, the flowers, the grass. The winter? Rest. The silence in the cold, the stillness except for the flakes that land one upon the other, some melting, some staying. I know my presence, my warm body and hot, steamy breath, disrupts the cold stillness. But that's part of what makes the world more interesting.

In this frosty noon I stand, as frozen as the ground beneath me. The only movement is my soft breath, the expansion and collapse of my ribs, my lungs. My ears, my eyes still. My hide does not twitch, my tail does not twitch. Nothing moves but my faint breath. Will anyone even notice me here in these heavenly fields? Maybe, maybe not. Is anyone even out wandering these fields, are they still like me, or are they hiding away, trying to stay warm?

Walking "Talking"
Re-Tag: @[Archibald]
Satanic Silk
[Image: silkicon2_by_lainey_lou-d73bsek.png]
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Silk excluding dismemberment and death.

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time
The snow held the land in captivation, white, powdery fingers grasping each blade of grass with a wrath unmatched. The Dauntless was used to this season, it was in the deep of winter that he first came into Helovia. He had lived here for many years now, his age and wisdom growing with the trees and the other lives in his presence. Still, he was a formidable sight, and the earth seemed to bend at his approach, his thunderous hoofbeats the war drums of the land as old as time. He was king here, general, warlord--words he would always be called, titles etched into his hide by deep scars. At his side was his loyal bitch, her trot proud and haughty. Between her steel-trap jaws hung a dead hare, plump from the over-ingestion of it's winter time. Her tail curled elegantly over her back, triangle ears erect atop her pristine crown.

The Heavenly Fields were no foreign place to the warmongering pair. These were Loretta's favorite hunting grounds, and Archibald's mammoth hooves remembered his patrols well. They had spent most of their time in Helovia under the community of the Windtossed Foothills, but now they were no more. Archibald's journey from the caves had brought his mind towards his long-time home, to see if it had been abandoned, and he found only a bastardized version of the place he had once known so well. Every tree, shadow, blade of grass--they were changed, gone forever, and so the warlord and bitch moved on to somewhere familiar. As they ascended into the Fields all that could be heard was the natural noises of the land, and the metallic click that Archibald's new weapons made, nailed to the bottom of each of his already lethal hooves.

The horseshoes had been a quizzical awakening, but the stallion had grown used to them now. They would make great tools for him, weapons amplifying the destruction that his opponents already feared his hooves could bring. His powerful, pillar-like limbs packed the force of hurricanes, leaving broken bones in their wake, and now they had steel to ruin and destroy. It almost brought a sadistic smirk to the Dauntless' lips, and it surely did to Loretta's, for she crooned at the idea of Archibald's power. Soon, on their walk into the fields, they realized they were not alone. Loretta growled lightly, hackles raising. "Calm, hound." Archibald commanded, his voice thunder. Silenced, Loretta slows some, falling steps behind the kingly stallion. She decides to leave and devour her prey, and turns on her heels to bound into the surrounding forest. Archibald, despite his bitch's retreat, prowls on towards the winged beast before him.

His golden eyes had never graced this being before him, and the warlord lifted his head some. In a natural, instinctful way, Archibald's neck arched a hair and he seemed to grow larger. His very presence, a wraith as dark as the night enveloped by dragon-fire scars and carried on pristine white feathered legs, seemed to engulf the entirety of the Fields. Archibald the Dauntless had surely arrived. With his typical, stoic scowl, Archibald merely nodded in the direction of the bat-winged pegasus, stopping just fox-lengths from him.

THE DAUNTLESS
tablebykite [ sharysaogail|sed-rah-stock|lakela|@deviantart.]

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Satanic Silk Posts: 153
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 5 (Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
The stillness is disturbed by the approach of a behemoth. Drawn from my reverie, I turn my body to face the giant. Yes, he's a giant. I'm pretty decently sized, tall and well-built. But there is no doubt this one has me beat. A dark heathen like myself, wingless, hornless, with a blaze and four stockings - his lack of horn and wings do not lessen his threat. Not to mention he's giving off a vibe of aggression. It takes a large amount of willpower to fight the urge to go on the instant defensive. I don't know for certain that he wants to destroy me in the blink of an eye. But I do somewhat suspect it. His golden eyes regard me, and clearly think little to nothing of me. I can't pretend to not be a little insulted. Just because I am smaller does not mean I am insignificant.

The snowflakes stop falling, and the stillness would appear to be even more.. oppressive. Instead of relaxing, it seems suffocating instead. I feel a restless sensation coming over me, but I fight it, keeping still in one place. I won't let the arrival of this intimidating man disrupt my moment anymore than it already has. I turn my head and my blood red eyes regard him and his golden eyes. My ears twist back, then one rotates forward again, starting to pay more attention to my surroundings. Is he alone? Does he have a companion? I wonder if I don't hear something in the distance, but it is too faint to get a good read. Slowly I extend my leathery wings from my sides, stretching them. I make sure to flash the sharp claws on them to the newcomer before I retract the wings to my body again.

Finally, I speak, though he has clearly deigned not to. My words come out surprisingly polite. "Good afternoon. I am Satanic Silk. You are...?" My nose lifted in the air, taking in his scent. It's nothing I'm familiar with - maybe I know his name from listening to others? I wait patiently for his response, but my hairs are standing on edge.

Walking "Talking"
ooc: I don't want Silk to be scared by Archi... but I sure am intimidated. xD
Satanic Silk
[Image: silkicon2_by_lainey_lou-d73bsek.png]
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Silk excluding dismemberment and death.