the Rift

The Plague

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie

The Plague

We are the crowned, the heirs to the earth, a gleaming beacon of purity in a world of smut and ruin. Enter our fold, exercise your superiority over the hornless - be among the future rulers of an all unicorn Helovia.

The Plague is a secret association consisting of all unicorns with a singular focus: to eradicate all hornless they come into contact with and to reign supreme over those that remain once their cleansing has been completed, providing a safe and comfortable environment among their worthy kin until then.

Largely militaristic, the Plague has the most use for warriors and civilians skilled in espionage; however, there is ample room for healers, the learned, and more within their ranks. All that is required to be welcome among the Plague is a belief that the unicorn is the greatest species upon Loorien, and a commitment to their cause of an all unicorn Helovia.

Those interested in the Plague may submit a PM or contact in some other fashion one of the leaders. Accepted members should find a thread with a tag for them in it within a week of the PM.

Any characters looking for a bit of devious drama, missing wings, or just plain ol' murder are welcome to request such as well.

OOC Guidelines
  1. Joining the Plague requires OOC permission from the Crux/Bane or any of the following characters (though, ICly, characters may be introduced to the group by any member as soon as the current member has received permission; it should also be noted that, if you are to tell a character of the Plague before you receive this permission, it will be considered breaking law 5. It should also be noted the below characters are to pass on the information to the Crux/Bane to keep everyone on the same page as best as we can):
    • -----
  2. Those in Tier Two positions or higher are required to post to all meetings and to remain active within the game. Any Tier Two rank holder who does not meet these requirements may be removed from their position after two warnings have been issued (more information on how to be considered "active" listed in the sections below).
  3. Occasionally, applications will open for Tier Two or Tier One positions. They will appear in our secret room in clearly defined threads.
  4. A list of targets is available in the Secret Room. To add a name to the list, or to mark a target as having been dealt with, please PM the Crux/Bane with the appropriate information (including links for any stealths/challenges or what laws the perpetrator has broken). Please try to use this list when creating your stealths/challenges!
  5. Any person found sharing confidential OOC or IC material to a non-member is subject to being removed from the group; anything found within the Secret Room is considered confidential and is for Plague eyes only, and sharing it elsewhere is against the rules. Please give our plots a chance and be respectful of our writers by letting your enthusiasm make it into your posts - not skype or another message board!
  6. We have a skype group! Post in the appropriate thread in the Secret Room to be added.
  7. Any member may post a stealth, but it is preferred that non-sneak characters steal via challenges; the stealth must first receive permission from the Crux, Bane, or Spy before being posted. Of course, stealths should follow any relevant herd land or site rules; please be sure that you are not required to PM your leaders before making your stealth (and include Plague membership as a reason you want to post it). Obviously, outcasts are exempt from these rules; outcasts are not bound by the rules of a herd, as they are not a member of any land. Therefore, they may do whatever they damn well please. ;D
Laws and Punishments
  1. The Plague is a unicorn supremacist organization dedicated to the removal of and/or domination over all inferior species from Helovia (and Loorien) though any means necessary. Your character must be a pure blooded unicorn (or have convinced those of the Plague that they are of pure blood) to join as a member eligible for any rank beyond Tier Three (warriors, nurses, and scourge). Characters seeking to join must believe that the unicorn is the supreme race upon Loorien.
    • Characters discovered to have been untruthful of or about their lineage are subject to the judgement of their peers upon discovery, suffering consequences ranging from removal from the Plague to temporary enslavement, and in some cases, death.
  2. Characters wishing to join the Plague may be from any herd land or none, so long as they fit the other requirements for membership.
  3. Pegasi, horses, beasts, hybrids, and other such hornless or inferior creatures may be considered for low ranking membership if they prove their devotion to the cause in one or more of the following ways:
    • The inferior must take an oath to defend the laws and beliefs of the Plague, and actively carries forth this oath through both word and action, including but not limited to the cessation of any reproductive activity until such a time as it may be guaranteed their offspring will be born a unicorn. This is the most minimal action required by any inferior desiring membership among our ranks.
    • The inferior will submit to scientific studies on its being to better understand the mutations that they suffer from.
    • The inferior being has any offending appendages removed. The inferior being will also have a horn grafted onto their person by some magical or physical means. The use of a proxy horn (a horn held in place by a bridal, halter, or other such strapping) may be used until such a procedure is completed.
    • The inferior being undertakes a life quest to become, genetically, a unicorn, through the magic of the Gods. This is the ultimate way to prove ones devotion to the cause of the Plague.
    • Any pegasi or other such winged inferior seeking entry is required to undergo a period of observation for at least six months by a member of the Plague before being considered for membership, to determine overall usefulness and whether or not they have contracted the insanity native to their kind.
  4. Any inferior which does not take or keep to the active oath is to be considered an enemy. The pegasi and winged, hornless beast are generally considered the most despicable and are generally to be considered as no more than carrion, while the horse, other, or horned hybrid are to be viewed as slaves. Any unicorn kin who breed with inferiors or who otherwise defile the laws of the Plague are to be considered no better than slaves.
    • The first minor offense of a creature to obey the laws of the Plague is answerable by a single item of value being stolen from them.
    • A second minor offense is answerable by the imprisonment of the offender by one or more members of the Plague. The offender is to be kept for a duration of time determined by the Plague's members. Imprisonment is also a suitable punishment for the theft of a Plague member or ally, which is considered a moderate offense.
    • A third minor offense is punishable by challenge or death, depending on the severity of the offense. The murder of a Plague member or ally is answerable by challenge or death.
  5. The Plague is a secret organization; its members are not permitted to discuss it, especially to mention it by name, outside of its meetings or with anyone who is not considered a member. This is considered a major offense. Those found guilty of disobeying this law may suffer any/all of the following consequences, as determined by their peers:
    • Be removed from the Plague.
    • The removal of their horn.
    • The removal of their tongue.
    • Life enslavement.
    • Death.
  6. Challenging and stealing from any and all of your fellow Plague members is permitted, however it is frowned upon to do so unnecessarily. Any persons found to be irrationally stealing or challenging for rank are subject to judgement by their peers, and whatever punishment they see fit, limited to the banishment of said person from the Plague.
  7. All members are to strive for physical strength and prowess, and are encouraged to spar among themselves and with those they meet to improve their skill.
Ranks and Duties
Crux and Bane | Tier One | Leadership
The Crux and Bane are the masterminds behind the Plague. They are generally talented on the battlefield or understand strategy well enough to assist in planning any war being waged at the time. They are generally looked to for absolution of any troubles or disagreements that arise, and are largely responsible for shaping the goals of the Plague, and building relationships and enthusiasm among the members. Tier One members should complete at least two of the following each season to be considered active and not removed from their rank:
  1. Hold a Plague meeting.
  2. Induct a new member.
  3. Steal an inferior or from an inferior.
  4. Earn a VP (gaining your 5th experience point counts!)
  5. Slay an inferior.
  6. Capture a slave.
  7. Interact with a slave.
  8. Spar with a Plague member.

General | Tier Two | Warrior
The Plague has one General. The General is a tactician and a skilled fighter, and is a position granted to those with high VP. The General is responsible for training the Plague on formation, tactic, weaponry, and more, and is considered the go to character when a member wants to train their physical abilities. Generals are among the first to charge into battle and are considered ultimately responsible for success or failure on the field; they usually have at least one defense or assault item, and most often have magic or companions. A General should complete at least two of the following each season to be considered active and not removed from their rank:
  1. Hold a lesson for your warriors.
  2. Induct a new soldier.
  3. Earn a VP (gaining your 5th experience point counts!)
  4. Slay an inferior.
  5. Capture a slave.
  6. Interact with a slave.
  7. Spar with a Plague member.

Doctor | Tier Two | Medic
The Plague has one Doctor, who is a character which has devoted their life to the healing arts. These characters should be studied in herbology or have a healing ability, and are usually capable of holding their own on the battlefield, though it is not necessary for the position. A Doctor should complete at least two of the following each season to be considered active and not removed from their rank:
  1. Hold a lesson for your nurses.
  2. Induct a new healer.
  3. Earn a VP (gaining your 5th experience point counts!).
  4. Slay an inferior.
  5. Capture a slave.
  8. Heal a Plague member.
  9. Gather healing supplies.

Spy | Tier Two | Stealth
The Plague has one Spy, who is a character skilled in the arts of stealing and remaining unseen. This character is an important member of the herd, because they are responsible for acquiring information about a herd's known enemies and should be the most active of the Plague members on the stealth board. A Spy should complete at least two of the following each season to be considered active and not removed from their rank:
  1. Hold a lesson for your sleuths.
  2. Induct a new sleuth.
  3. Earn a VP (gaining your 5th experience point counts!).
  4. Slay an inferior.
  5. Capture a slave.
  8. Make a stealth.
  9. Steal attack/defense items.

Tier Three Characters | Warrior, Nurse, Sleuth
These characters are the less skilled members of the Tier Two classes listed above. Each must complete one of the above tasks from the corresponding class list in order to remain a member of the group.

General Tasks | Anyone
While many tasks are shared among groups, the following are tasks which count as character activity:
  1. Meeting a member your character has not met before (meetings/lessons don't count).
  2. Successfully inviting a character into the Plague.
  3. Give birth to or sire a unicorn foal.
  4. Fill an amulet with magic.
  5. Give a fellow Plague member an attack/defense item or amulet.
  6. Equip an attack/defense item or amulet.
  7. Gain and share useful information.
Members
» Bane & Crux «
--- && ---

» Membership «
Only members of the Plague are privy to all the members within our group; please view our Secret Room for a detailed list, or review thread logs to find potential members!

Adoptables
Any and all characters with "racist" listed as a characteristic on their personality section or the Plague referenced in other information as a potential place of allegiance. If you would like to add an adoptable to this list, please let one of us know!
  1. Link | Gender | Rank | Art
Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

READ MEEEE ----------

Basically I'm looking to see if anyone is still interested? I know a thread came up in the secret room a while ago but I would like to reopen this for public opinion, as there are a lot of OOC accounts around that weren't here the last time we tried to jump start this. :)

I think it would be a shame to let the Plague die - it's got a really long, in game history, and the Basin has an enchanted tent made almost specifically for them (and Ulrik has one less magic D:). Add in the fact that there are just so many supremacist/racist characters floating around from Isilme and elsewhere, and I think that we've got a lot of potential here still.

I would like to bring in some nice, strong characters for the crux/bane and other leadership roles, preferably with strong senses of superiority and good reasons to be that way. I'm all in for it with both Rikyn and Illynx, when I get Illynx out of AA, and Beloved is also a potential character for these plots. Rikyn has a religious theology and Illynx has her usual babble. <3

What I want to know is mostly:
1. Are you interested?
2. How many characters?
3. What rank(s) would they want?
Tier Two ranks: General, Doctor, Spy
Tier Three ranks: Warriors, Nurses, Scourge
4. What's your favorite thing about the Plague?
5. What would you change about the Plague?
6. Plot/group ideas?

Obv. you don't have to be joining for plot ideas. ;D
Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Deimos the Reaper Posts: 527
Deceased atk: 7.0 | def: 12 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 72.5 | Buff: NUMB
Heather
Deimoose is in. Huzzah.

Carnesîr Posts: 60
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 3 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
wanda
Carnesir technically never joined the Plague.
However I would totally be up for him being recruited as he needs more threads and I think he may be inclined to it... mostly the sweetheart just wants acceptance.

Déodat Posts: 174
Absent Abyss atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hands :: 12 HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Odette :: White German Shepherd :: None Minx
Deo is all in.
[Image: QV8O7HU.gif]
Cut from the cloth, of a flag that
Bears the name of "Battle Born"
con by aihnna@dA

imi Posts: 3
OOC Account
Filly :: Other :: 5'5 :: 23 HP: 10 | Buff: flail
imi
throws d'Artagnan!! Can he still be Doctor? *flails* ;~;

icon by imi

Abraham Posts: 113
Absent Abyss atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.3 hh :: Three years HP: 71 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwyneverre :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath & Brienne :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Frost Breath Time
Aviya is still in, she's just AA atm.

Holy water cannot help you now
Thousand armies couldn't keep me out
I don't want your money
I don't want your crown
See I've come to burn your kingdom down

pixel by tamme

Krieger Posts: 43
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18.2 :: Seven Buff: NOVICE
Parelia
Heck ya! He'll love that!
Please tag Krieger! All degrees of attacking is fine besides killing him, besides power-play(ask permission!)

Merppp I forgot that list also contained people that had contacted me about interest. xD

*flails*

Also, the roster above is not going to be updated until we have all ranks solidified. <3 I'll be keeping a running list of interested members and the ranks they would like up in our Secret Room, which is currently invisible but IS STILL THERE I promise. ;D

Irrydae Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: Seven
paddeh
FORGET ZAR'ROC?
[Image: wu5k41.png]
please tag irry in every post! magic & aggression allowed w/o death

OOOOMG BEAT ME WITH FORKS PADDEH

Rayo the Reindeer Posts: 18
Hidden Account
Mare :: Other :: 16.2 hh :: 21
Rayo
If anyone wants a Psyche thread specifically, feel free to PM me - she's taking a back seat role as of right now. Illynx is more the "face" of the Plague as of right now and Psyche is more the "shadows." You guys know what I mean. x.x

ANYWAY with that being said, Psyche is in a very weird place atm, so some interaction would probably do her some good. ;D I'm happy to participate in recruiting as well. Just nudge me if anyone needs anything.

Reginald Posts: 165
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.1 hh :: 3 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Ka'Mate :: Harpy Eagle :: None & Ka'Ora :: Harpy Eagle :: None M.E.
*THROWS SINNY AT FOR WITCH DOCTOR*

But he won't step on the Nightshade's toes ;__;

Rhiannon Posts: 76
Outcast atk: 4.0 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 6 Years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sparrow
Nonnie pleasums. :| This can become an official thang through a thread with an already awesome Plague Member.

Opening back up the secret room today! <3 Keep your eyes open for some Plague based threads.

@[Deimos], @[d'Artagnan]
We have two folks needing some Plague prodding, Rhiannon and Krieger. Would either of you be interested? I can get to them with Illynx if not. :3

Also retagging a few people as I know Varath has a new writer and I don't think Tamme saw this. Lol.

@[Ulrik]
@[Varath]

Agrona Posts: 115
Hidden Falls Tiro atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Seven HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
If any of this was ever explained to Agrona, she'd probably want to get in on it just to impress Illynx, though she might have troubles with it at first considering most of her family are equines. Just a thought, :)

Let me tell you something baby
You love me for everything you hate me for
[Image: 542f83afbdf08]
  • Please tag me in every post!

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi
I can get one or both :3 I don't mind :)

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie
@[Agrona]
Hanging out with Illynx enough can corrupt even the most kind of people. xD Bahaha. Then there are the others who can throw racist rhetoric her way also.

It's up to you Imi. :D Sparrow is still on away I believe but Parelia is definitely around. :3