the Rift

[OPEN] Once upon a time in a faraway kingdom

Fiore Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Oh, how Fiore thought this land was just bizarre!

First he'd been taken and kept in a cave because of 'wraiths' as they called them and now, after finally leaving the dreadful underground, he was stood in front of a wall made of glass! "Good God." He muttered to himself as he stared at his own shocked reflection. He'd stumbled across it after aimlessly travelling across a large meadow before finding the magnificent structure that looked like it had seen better days, but still it made him gape. Fiore, up until now, had lead a rather simple life. Never done anything great or made many enemies. He helped forage or stood guard in exchange for sharing food and water, he flirted with mares here and there, getting into the odd scrape or two with a jealous stallion, but that was as eventful as his life got these days. At least until now. Presently, his life consisted of the dead rising, horses with strange fantastical genetics and walls you could do your hair in, a far cry from what he was used to. "Oh well, as mother used to say, there's a first for everything!"

Cautiously, Fiore inspected the wall, raising his nose to touch its smooth surface before snorting in wonder. Illusion was not the answer then. Surely a horse could not make such a thing?! A God maybe? Yet, Fiore didn't even know what deities ruled here if any at all. In some places they had none, in others just one and several lands had had a few. Fiore was undecided on his own beliefs, he never really thought they existed, but then again if anyone had said they had a glass wall he'd have choked on his grass.

By now the stud was beginning to become accustomed to being permanently shocked, maybe even his face had set in that position too. Fiore stepped back and calmly assessed his situation, turn back or see if there was a way past the structure? Maybe if he followed it round he'd find a way in. Uncertainly, he set off to the right, curious at what he might find as the sun reached noon and kissed his fur.

[ooc; Fiore would like to join! Anyone is welcome to jump in :3 the more the merrier]

Maybe you were the ocean
and I was just a stone

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
Where the single entrance to the Edge used to be, the queen stood and looked out. All around her, the wall was in shambles, some parts standing better than others, but the structure badly damaged nevertheless. It was a shame she wasn't stronger, she would have liked to tear the whole thing down, to trash the work that she had spent over a month toiling over, to send it to hell in a hand basket and never have to see it again. She could not advocate peace with a wall around her home. She did not want to create a safe haven that ignored the plights of the outside world, she wanted to create a haven that spread to all corners of Helovia, that reached the very hearts of the horses that lived here and made them want to work together instead of apart.

Setting herself into motion, the painted girl began to trot down the length of the wall, within her home, just enjoying the way the breeze pushed against her and the warm spring sun shined down upon her. It was not until she caught motion outside the wall that she bothered to even have any thoughts. Curious as ever, the queen quickly stuck her head through one of the holes that had been created in the wall, looking very much like a head mounted upon a wall, a smile brightening her features as she spotted the stallion.

“Hello friend!” she called out kindly, blue eyes dancing over the interested spots on his hide. “I'm Kahlua. Can I help you?” she added on, thinking that she did not recall him being a member of their ever growing herd. Then again, she could be very wrong. Who knew what horses had been welcomed into the herd while she had been gone wandering the Thistle Meadow.

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Unregistered

His exploration was cut short by a voice and a head. Fiore stopped and stared at the girl with a perplexed expression that was mixed with amazement and light amusement. For a moment he was dumbstruck; so there were horses behind the wall too! She had a pretty head, he would give her that, painted much like himself expect she sported a monochrome fashion compared to his own fiery mess. Her eyes were a captivating blue and it was those eyes he sought to catch as he moved closer to her place in the wall, a crooked smile lifting his features. "You make a pretty sight for a weary traveller, Signora Kahlua." He warmly charmed, though the glass structure was covered in scars, Fiore certainly had never seen anything like it.

He thought on her question for a moment only as indeed he probably was in need of some sort of help. In fact, he needed help the moment he stepped into this bizarre place. Whatever was in the grass here was something entirely different from what he'd experienced before, but he was stubborn enough to remain and find out more. Normally he would simply move on, but never had he been anywhere this interesting before!

"Perhaps... I'm lost. Honestly, I think I've been lost the moment I stepped foot in this land. Could you tell me where I am?" He asked with a hint of embarrassment in his voice as he admitted his misfortune. Recent days had been such a whirlwind, this was the first time in his new adventure that he'd been able to stop and take in his surroundings properly. As if suddenly remembering himself, Fiore smiled broadly to the mare and dipped his head once, a few cream strands falling forwards. "I'm Fiore! I have come to this strange place seeking a little food in exchange for work."

Fiore often wondered each time he announced himself and his purpose, if others would look upon him with sneers and judgement. Many had and the stallion ignored those, he was no one special and would never pretend to be, his dreams never became bigger than a simple life full of food and good company.

Maybe you were the ocean
and I was just a stone

Saphiron Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Staying in one spot was simply unheard of for the mocha pegasus with wings so blue the Aegean Sea would weep saltily in jealousy. Nothing short of tying her down would keep her stable; she was not the type to wander off so much as wander around, like an inquisitive tomcat prowling the streets only to come home for supper and a warm bed, affection on the house. World's Edge was, naturally, the first to be uncovered by the deftness of her reconnaissance. She'd make a fine scout or sentry, only in need of some fine-tuning and polish.

As she finds herself strolling through particularly thickset woods that crowd against one of the glass walls, conversation oozes through the old trees like the shafts of sunlight with iridescent particles floating in their makeshift halos. Muffled as they are, their gentle manner of speech matching the honeyed afternoon glow that seeps into every nook and crevasse, she can hardly hear a single thing aside from the casual muttering that she finds is leading her course in their direction.

Hello...

...help you?

You make... for a weary traveler...

The infancy of the trot that took her to the forest's edge dwindles into an abrupt stop; here at a sliver of a break between the trees, she mires herself into the cast of a large shadow that falls over the mouth of the opening. From this advantage, she cannot see Fiore, but his scent hits her nostrils and she flares them wildly, committing it to memory, an urge to put a face to the signature strong enough that she considers poking her head out right next to Kahlua.

Which she does.

In seconds she maneuvers herself next to her queen --the fact of stature that is unbeknownst to her, of course-- and, without touching her side to the splotched black and white fae, peers over the rim of the tattered porthole. A single saffron-yellow eye swivels in place before landing squarely on the stallion, framed by long lashes and a curtain of pale cherry forelock. Aha! "'Allo," she chirps.

The warm, faintly spiced scent of the mare next to her is distantly familiar. Perhaps it was on Kaj; more likely there was traces of it everywhere in varying degrees, so its now undiluted presence serves to suppress any fear or uncertainty upon standing so close to what essentially amounts to a stranger. Besides, she radiates peace and joy and all things that make Saphiron want to settle down- how bad could she be?

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
WSignora Kahlua. It was a term she had never heard before, although it intrigued her, and the queen could not help but give a girlish giggle at the introduction. It was hardly a task to charm the girl to laughter, who thought everybody was brilliant and that all horses had some good in them (except maybe Ricochet, who was exceptionally frightening). “You're at the World's Edge in Helovia,” she offered in plain answer to his first question, accepting his name as he spoke it and repeating it several times to herself.

She was about to chatter on about nothing in particular when a second face shoved itself through the window. Kahlua broke into another round of soprano laughter, gazing out of the corner of her eye at who had joined her. Her face was unknown and that made Kahlua sad, although she clearly belonged here in some respects as she had come from inside the lands and nobody was following her to question her presence. “Hello, I'm Kahlua,” she repeated again, bobbing her nose a few times in geniality.

Turning back to the one outside the wall, Kahlua grinned before speaking. “Well you've come to the right place then, Fiore. As long as you search for peace, you're welcome here. Come on, me and....” she looked to her new friend that was within the port hole for some sort of name before finishing. “will show you around!”

Backing out of the hole, Kahlua bounded several feet down the wall where there was a horse sized break in the glass work. Tossing her head in indication that the stallion should come through, she added as an after thought, “What sort of work were you looking for?”

@[Fiore] So sorry for the wait, things got a little crazy on my end for a little while.

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Unregistered

Fiore found her laugh infectious and in turn kept on smiling himself, marvelling at finding such a bright girl in a place that had been so full of strange darkness since the moment he'd stepped foot in the cold, rainy forest at the start. Eyes gazed around and he drew in a long, deep breath and snorted in light amusement at the name of the place he had ventured to. Worlds Edge. So was this the end of the world? Fiore had never even thought about it having an end, maybe it was a figure of speech or an old favourite joke. Maybe he really had reached the end of the world, but he had to say, even with the glass wall, it was rather disappointing. It seemed too peaceful to be such a place. Or maybe that was a stereotype that had been taken as what should happen at the end of the world. The fact was it didn't really matter and he'd just wasted a minute of his life pondering over it before returning to the hole in the wall to find there were now two faces there!

How lucky he was there were only mares so far! This seemed like the best place to stay for a while, warm smiles and pretty faces. Always a good combination. He dipped his head as Kahlua did and introduced himself again "Fiore" to the little mare whose chocolate head he could only see.

The monochrome female addressed him again and began to move, to which he followed intently at a brisk jog until he found the opening and gazed in with wide eyes before moving himself behind the other side of the wall and into the land known as the Worlds Edge. "Peace is always a good thing." He chuckled quietly "peace and food!" Simple things were the best and whilst he dreamed of munching on juicy grass, he answered her question. "Have you need of another warrior Signora? I'm mostly used to patrolling or guarding." He looked to the wall again in wonder, sighing humorously "I'm not very creative alas, but fit from months of travel and I've done a fair few guard duties on the way."

When he had finished speaking he looked towards the other mare curiously who was brown in colour and had extra limbs for flying. Just like the two winged horses he'd met by the caves. It was a sight he had guessed he'd have to get used to.

Maybe you were the ocean
and I was just a stone

@[Saphiron]