the Rift

[OPEN] Home

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

And is it Worth the Wait, All this Killing Time?

He was... Home.

Finally.

"I've missed you," the black wanderer murmured, soulful honey orbs lingering upon the dampen earth beneath his hooves. The stallion paused in the midst of his steps, his neck stretching forward so that he may brush his cheek against the rough bark of the nearest tree. The rough caress, like that of a harried lover, brought Apollo more comfort than he thought could be possible, soothing his wounded heart like a minty balm. "All of you."

Things were unusual now in this land he had once so brazenly called Helovia. It was a strange, foreign, terrifying place, with new sanctions and lands, and Apollo didn't know which way to turn. He had failed his herd of the Foothills, his friends and loved ones, and in turn had lost them. His title of Chief, of brother, had been violently torn asunder from his shoulders and left the overo feeling naked and vulnerable. No one stood at his side now, except...

"Except for you." The heartbroken whisper escaped the Mericul's lips upon a weary exhale, his troubled depths of honey slipping shut in a pathetic attempt to ward off the growing emotions within his breast, and the tears that beat behind his eyelids. "You've always been here... Waiting for me to come home. I should have never left." Because here, in the Deep Forest, Apollo was protected. Loved. Cherished. He was at one with the trees around him, the dancing and twisting shadows that made up this forest, and they could enshroud and protect him from the terrible, hurtful world around them.

His little shadowed paradise.

Shadowed... A coat of fine ebony and piering, heart-stopping crimson eyes. A jingling laugh, a sultry, accented voice whispering his name as they danced beneath a canopy of shining stars...

"Ktulu..." His heart gave an agonizing throb at the faint whisper, his yearning for his dark lady growing with each heavy heartbeat. What had become of her? Would he ever find her again? He could only hope that she was safe, preferably with Lakota, and that they were both well. And happy.

The black and white overo's head drooped lower as he shuffled forward, hooves practically dragging through the waterlogged undergrowth. Winter had passed and Birdsong was among them, but the warm weather did little to thaw his chilled heart. Not even the sparse rays of sunlight that filtered through the canopy of trees and danced along his ebony hide could warm him, and briefly, Apollo wondered if he would ever be warm again.

Are you Strong Enough to Stand, Protecting both Your Heart and Mine?

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Abishia Posts: 225
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16 HH :: 5 years ~ Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Wild.

She absently wandered through the undergrowth, her hooves clumping with mud, but somehow it was satisfying. Helovia had finally been realized from the harsh grip of Frostfall, freeing her, the critters, the water and the plants from the paralyzing chill. With subdued energy, she let her feet fall onto the soggy earth with delicate steps, her features lit with hope, but personality not portraying a thing. But as she emerged from the mists, her lean bodice pressed against a tree, she bumped into something... Flesh. She stumbled backward, now breathing a bit harder from the scare. Squinting, she attempted to look through the mist that clogged her senses, and found herself gazing upon a horned stallion, black with a white splatter on his barrel. Intrigued, she picked her way around him, stopping herself short when almost tripping over a root. She then neared him, but stopped at a distance in which she could see him well, but was still a safe distance from him, afraid he may be offended by her clumsy entrance. But with closer observation, she realized that there was something about him, and odd feeling that lingered in the air and made her breath catch in her throat, but she was confused to why...

"Sir, sir! My deepest apologies. " She dipped her head quickly, clearing her throat before continuing.
"I am Abishia, what may I call you?"

@[Apollo]

Credits

lines
please tag me in any and all posts

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

And is it Worth the Wait, All this Killing Time?

Apollo's silent reverie was stolen the moment that something, or someone collided into him. It wasn't a violent collision, oh heavens no, just a simple bump of skin on skin that surprised him enough to knock him back into his correct state of mind. The stallion's soft, honey-brown orbs lifted and lingered upon the painted filly that seemed to have materialized from the depths of the forest itself, and curiously the Merciful tilted his elegant head.

The way that she tripped over the thick, protruding roots was almost comical, and the stallion's dark lips twitched upwards in a modest mockery of a smile, but the expression did not reach his eyes.

"You aren't from these forests." It was a simple statement. Innocent. Harmless. Anyone who had once called the Deep Forest their home could spot a stranger to the lands from a mile away; living in these forests required one to be light of foot, to lift hooves high and avoid spraining joints or breaking bones on the massive undergrowth of roots. As his lips moved, Apollo's eyes remained locked upon the painted filly, assessing her, his mind working to see if they had ever crossed paths before and potentially come up with a name to place her cute, dished face to. No... He was certain they hadn't met. Or, if they had, he couldn't remember the event.

"Peace, young sister," he murmured to her, the depths of his eyes still swimming in trouble despite his kind words, "You have nothing to apologize for; I was just as negligent in my approach. I am Apollo." Here, he dipped his head forward in a bow, the crystalline crown upon his brow glinting in a sparse ray of sunlight. "A pleasure. Are you lost, young sister?"

@[Abishia]

Are you Strong Enough to Stand, Protecting both Your Heart and Mine?

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Abishia Posts: 225
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16 HH :: 5 years ~ Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Wild.

"You aren't from these forests.". She tilted her head slightly, for she didn't know that there was ones who inhabited these thickly wooded, mysterious, but beautiful lands. She smiled softly at the Stallion, pleased with his words and impressed that he hadn't lashed out on her for carelessly bumping into him. She giggled quietly, "No sir, I don't reign from here. I usually wander around the Rotunda, Falls, Fields and Thistle Meadow. I've visited this beautiful place once or twice but never in these conditions. " She swayed her read to the right, signaling at the mists that were slowly diminishing in the strengthening rays of the sun. The Stallion was quite kind, odd for one that was horned... But she had to remind herself that there was now a glass horn upon her dome, so she was most likely to be treated better. Blue rimmed orbs traveled over his grey dusted bodice dotted with white and beautifully flowing darker mane and tail. She let her smile deepen into a grin, pleased with her new acquaintance.

His next words were so warm, the made her warm with joy. For he called her sister, friendliness she hadn't met for a very long time. After he stated his name, he asked if she was lost. Well, not entirely, but she hadn't been to this part of the forest before, and having someone to show her around and talk with would probably be enjoyable. "Well, Apollo, despite my rude approach, it's very nice to meet you, kind sir. " She dipped her head low to the Stallion, respect to the older presence, a gesture she had picked up as a polite greeting. "But, I am not lost, simply never been in this area of the forest before. Mind showing me around a bit, Apollo? I would love to get to know these woods better... I know most other areas of Helovia like I know myself, including the caves... Why not add this one to the list? " She smiled sweetly at the brute, laughter bubbling from her maw and lightening the mood, hopefully.

@[Apollo]
So sorry for this poop da poop post, but I wanted to get this one up, but I promise my next one will be muchhhhh bettterrrr

Credits

lines
please tag me in any and all posts