the Rift

Dragon Child

Semira Posts: 42
Hidden Account
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: Yearling
Kachie
Hoofsteps were muffled on rain dampened soil as the youngster passed beneath trees whose leaves dripped moisture accumulated beneath the early spring shower. It is not quite bright, the sun's light curtained by a blanket of clouds, but still the adolescent gleamed and glittered in the half light. And it wasn't because of the water that collected on her body.

No, for this was the too-long absent daughter of the Dragonheart and her hybrid mate, granddaughter to one of the great dragons of the distant south. Fine silver scales draped across her back and trailed down over hips and withers, lined the finger-like ribs that supported the great leathery wings that were currently folded against the yearling's sides.

Golden eyes scanned her surroundings as the silver child contemplated the reasons behind her absence. It had been a season ago, but time had not dampened the memories. Memories of seeing the forms of the Moon Doctor and the Wild Rose's daughter hurrying beneath the Edge's trees, of curiosity making her follow after. Standing in the meadows and learning the direness of the situation of the rising darkness, Smoke's fears. Her father descending from the skies, full of news of her mother's disappearance into the darkness and the dragon's son being unable to find the Dragonheart. Fleeing with the elder pair of mares across the meadows and through these very same woods, while her father took up the chore of monitoring the darkness.

That darkness had taken over, the others they'd known thought lost. There had been contemplations of traveling to find new homes, many ideas discussed amidst the mismatched four. But nothing had been decided before the darkness had begun to recede. Hopes had risen, until it was all the bronze stud could do to keep the silver child from charging blindly in to find her sister, her mother, her aunt, her cousin.

Only after her father had begun to see horses traversing the skies and lands of Helovia was the thought was truly contemplated by all of returning. Semira was more impatient, more impudent, than the others. And that was why she was here, alone, seeking familiar faces in the woods that were commonly known as the Threshold.

Rostislav Posts: 245
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 7 (Frostfall) HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Damaris :: Common Hellhound :: Acid Lauren

Though I'm built for the tough Siberian winters, the frostbite, the torrent of icy wind, the snow that could be so soft but instead cut like razor blades... I'm glad that Frostfall has passed. The cold had started to seep into my bones and like all the other creatures, I am glad now to be thawing out like the ground below. Though I'm sure Birdsong will provide it's own annoyances, it will be nothing like the frigidness of Frostfall. I look down at the pup next to me. I'm especially glad the winter season is over for the sake of the young hellhound next to me. She made it through her first winter, or part of of a winter at least. Born at such a wretched time, Damaris had proven herself resilient to the cold and has a true love of life. Now she's a month old, keeping fairly good pace next to me. But then, she has much more energy than I. I don't move fast, and I don't really move straight either. I take a swig from the drinking pouch that hangs around my neck. It warms my belly and makes my head spin a little. I step sideways, and Damaris manages to leap out of the way of my large hooves. She yelps and nips at my fetlocks. She's not a fan of my drinking, but so far tolerates it pretty well. I let the pouch fall from my lips and chuckle. Hic! Oh there we go... Hiccuping through the Threshold, I wouldn't be surprised if everyone within a half-mile's radius knows where I am. Damaris does not scold me for my hiccups - I can't help it after all. Instead, I can sense her amusement. At least my lethargic antics manage to keep her entertained. That's really all I can ask for.

Ahead of me I see something glittering, as if the sun shone down upon some type of precious metal. To the best of my knowledge there is no such precious metal lying around Helovia. Not that I haven't seen it - Midas's collar, for example. Unless there's another equine chillin' out with fancy do-whoppy collars 'n' shit. Hic! When I see her in full, I stop dead in my tracks. Nope. Didn't expect that.

That's a dragon-horse.

I swish my leonine tail around at Damaris and in my mind I tell her to stay back, behind my legs. She's a little unnerved at the emotions I'm sending her way, but is even more curious about the being in front of us. A dragon-horse. That's all I can think of. Hic! Goddamnit! For sure she's noticed us. But we're bigger.. and older..and... stronger? Faster? Well damn, I don't know about that. It's got wings. Um.. she. She has wings. If she so desired, she could probably kick my ass. But I have horns on my face and my head.. I could defend myself right? Why am I acting like such a pussy? She's a filly.. surely she won't hurt me. Oh God is she staring at me? How long has she been staring at me? Those eyes are weird....

Hic! Fuck. Better say something. This is awkward. Is it awkward, or is it just me? Fuck. "Greetings, Dragon-Lady. Hic!" I hold my breath for a moment, wishing my hiccups would go away. They don't. Well.... fuck. Why is this filly making me nervous? I don't get nervous. Luckily, my voice doesn't portray the myriad of thoughts running through my head. "I'm Rostislav, this is Damaris. Who are you?" I'm gruff, I'm blunt, but nothing in my voice portrays any rudeness that might be expected if the words are taken at face value. I motion to Damaris, and the pup springs forward toward the filly, jumping and dancing happily, dark body and tail wiggling and wagging like mad.

Damn puppies.

The filly's leather wings catch my eye. Yeah.. dragon-horse... But I notice that except for the color, her wings remind me of another's... Someone in the herd at Hidden Falls. A black stallion, with weird face markings. He has leather wings, too, with little claw-fingers ready to carve out some eyeballs... Yuck. "You know.. I've seen wings like yours before." What a random ass thing to say. Or is it?

Text text text.
"Words words words."

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Rostislav excluding dismemberment and death.

Dragomir Posts: 275
World's Edge Glazier atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17" :: 7 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Bunnie

D R A G O M I R
you hold the rights I'll never own
Dragomir is never sure why he is lured out and away from his home, on these ventures that have stolen him since he was very small and first able to slip away from his mother’s doting side. All he knows for sure is that the resulting adventures are always worth his time, even if at the time they seem to be only disasters. It has been a good while since he’s gone to the Threshold, a place he has scantly been seen in since arriving to Helovia, but he remembers some tough looking vines that grew up and into the tall trees that littered the wood of entry. The vines would serve too many practical purposes in his craft for him to abandon the memory of them all together, and while the vines are a thought that sends him out on his way, it is soon forgotten in the joy of walking among the fields of spring.

Having grown up in a tropical place, the temperate fields of Helovia were inspiring in that they were so different from what he had once known. Surely, it was similar; there was still grass and trees, but the types of each were so different and almost plain in comparison to the bold foliage of his youth. Where most would have been disappointed in the change, Dragomir felt more at peace in this simple landscape than he ever had while growing, as if the land itself mirrored his way of life; plain browed, knitted to the soil, without much flash or grandeur to him even when he meant to be boastful.

Before he knows it he is within the boundaries of the shady entry way to Helovia and smiling softly to himself as he walks deeper in. He’s nearly a quarter of a mile through the tree line before he remembers why he’d come here in the first place, quietly clacking his tongue against the roof of his mouth in good humor of his short mindedness. Already having passed many trees being devoured by the vine in question, he continues onward, believing it is best to continue rather than back tracking, and loathe to give up his peaceful time away from the myriad voices of his herdmates.

It is another voice, however, the draws his attention, a strange one, speaking familiar words, once he’s found some vines and has set himself to gathering.

Dragon-Lady? he thinks, images of the two dragon hybrids of the Edge swirling to his frontal thoughts. He had not seen either of the girls since he had come to this place, and the thought that all of Mirage’s line had not been lost to shadow sends him trotting his massive bulk through the trees, branches snapping against his oncoming chest as he hurries to the clearing he’d heard the shout arise from. Vines dangle ridiculously from his lips as he half stumbles with a hopeful and slightly bewildered expression to him, his grin growing broad and fast at the sight of the silver scaled girl…

Who was not such a girl, any more. Her body was growing, much as his own had finished; no longer was she frail and innocent, but a young woman with curves and pretty lashes, and he was no longer the awkward, gangly thing that he had been on their first meeting. Sinew now coated his entire frame, thick and corded from the long walks he took while finding things to use in his crafts and patrolling the borders when it seemed the soldier’s ranks were slim.

For once in his life he remembers there is something in his mouth before he tries to talk; tossing the plants across his broad shoulders he enters into the conversation without so much as a second thought to the feelings of the male unicorn present. He didn’t know the girl as Dragomir did, and so he felt that friendship surely over-ruled any notions of finding her a home before she knew what terms she agreed to. "Semira!" he says in jovial greeting, nodding as an afterthought to the stallion present, "I was afraid you’d…vanished."

The word died cannot make it to his lips. The girl is alone, without Amaris or Mirage, and his heart slowly breaks as he realizes this. Perhaps she has come first, to see if the way is clear? Even if the Lady Mirage did not return to lead the Edge, he was filled with sorrow to think that he would never get to share in her wisdom again, that dark mare who gave him hope that even souls such as himself could find a better path to walk upon.
Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Any violence/magic is allowed to be used upon Dragomir at anytime, permitting it doesn't kill or seriously maim him without my permission <3

Hidden Account
Kachie
Where is everyone? Don't tell me they haven't reorganized yet, so nobody is wandering the threshold for recruits. Pupils narrowed in the silver's golden eyes in a thoughtful manner, ears tilting back a miniscule degree. She was almost prepared to give up, to either proceed forward or head back, when she heard something.

Immediately she froze, surrounding herself in the monotonous quiet of the rain. Slowly her ears swiveled, seeking that sound again. There. An ear tipped deliberately, and her long, tasseled tail twitched. Had that been... a hiccup? Baffled by the peculiarity, she swung her head around to try to get a better look, only to discover that she was being stared at. By a unicorn who was not only obviously older than she was, but easily twice her mass. If not more. And the look on his face... Pupils dialated as a shimmery giggle was poorly muffled, head dipping slightly so that a sandy auburn lock fell to partially disguise the blaze of silver scales that trailed down her face.

About then the stranger seemed to collect his composure and tried to make a pass at polite conversation, only to be interrupted by another hiccup. Another shimmering giggle escaped, before she replied in her own melodic voice. "Greetings to you too, ah, Rostislav and Damaris." Her head dipped on another giggle as the pup raced over to dance a doggie dance at her feet. "What a cutie. Its nice to meet you too. She was just lifting her head again to introduce herself when a familiar voice rang out, calling her name in a joyful tone.

Instantly her attention was yanked away from unicorn and hellhound, ears held erect and body poised for movement that was swift in coming. "Dragomir!!!" She sang out in delight, slipping past Damaris in a moment of gentle precaution before she sprang forward in a few bounds to meet the painted equine. Her slender young form was quick to press against his in a quick hug, before she remembered her friend's previous apprehensions about her exotic appearance, and she stepped back a bit with an embarrassed little bob of her head.

It was only then that she belatedly took note of Rostislav again, and remembered his question and small comment. "Oh right. I'm Semira. And did the one with wings you saw look anything like me?" Her gaze was somewhat hopeful as her wings shifted and her tail curved upward. Perhaps this was her sister he'd seen? Though it was possible he'd glimpsed father.

Distracted child that she was, her attention swiftly diverted back to Dragomir as her mind leapt from her father to another relative that she knew he'd be interested in hearing about. "Father and I left with the Wild Rose and her daughter when the darkness came. And you'll never guess who we met a week ago!" She fairly crowed at this point. "My aunt! Father's sister, and she was huge and beautiful and she wanted Father to come with her because there was something going on that they wouldn't tell me about, so I came to see if I could find Sister or Aunt Rishi or Cousin Tandavi or anyone. And you found me!" She was all but prancing in her excitement, any thoughts of practicing poised aloofness that Mother had used so adeptly long lost.

The dragonchild-girl-lady-oooo shiny is sweet and her voice melodic. Her voice reminds me of a waterfall of shimmering diamonds, clinking softly as they fall in a delicate pile. Though I'm sure she finds me awkward, maybe even obscene, she hides it well. In fact, based off her giggles, I think she may even find me amusing. That's good - because there is nothing and no one I would ever change for. She is gentle with Damaris, and is amused by the bounding pup.

Our moment is interrupted, however, by the arriving presence of another stallion. It's not anyone I'm familiar with, but then, there are many I do not know here in Helovia. He is bulky, bigger than myself, and already has an established relationship with this young girl in front of me. Dragomir. She calls out his name and I am invariably introduced to him. I recall Ruske and Evangeline, and I feel a little protective of the little mare. I do not want to lose another recruit because of these preexisting relationships. All the same, I can respect it. There's talk about horses that may or may not even be in Helovia anymore. I stare a little dumb. Damaris yips and runs over to me, disappointed that her fun was cut short. I bend my neck and press my nose into her fur, trying to offer her comfort. It is what it is.

The stallion does take a moment to acknowledge my presence.. well, at least there's that. This Dragomir. The Dragon-Lady turns toward me and remembers to introduce herself. Semira. Semira the Dragon-Lady. The fact that Dragomir's name is so much like the word "dragon" is not lost on me. So these are Dragon-People. Hmph. I do not belong here, it would seem. Semira is already engaged in conversation again with Dragomir, but I impolitely interrupt. "Look like you? You mean all scaly and shit? .. no offense.. Um, no he didn't. Just the wings."

I give a little shrug and bend forward to let Damaris hop up on my back. She pads over my spine and sits on my dark rump, her little claws digging into the skin. It's a pain I'm slowly becoming accustomed to, and it's somewhat comforting because it lets me know that she's there and within reach. I look at the two equines again. "I.. uh.. don't mean to interrupt. Well, I do. I'd like to take you back to Hidden Falls with me. You know.. to live.." And don't you get in the way Dragomir, I'm trying to recruit damnit! And yet my face shows nothing.. Damaris senses my annoyance under the surface and digs her claws in a little more, trying to remind me to bite my tongue and play nice. Hmph.

Text text text.
"Words words words."

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Bunnie

D R A G O M I R
Her response is the usual, a bright gleaming smile wreathed in laughter that smothers him with her pressing hugs, forcing him to suck air in quite suddenly into his expansive lungs and his heart to flail madly against the bars of his chest. It seemed she remembered his strangeness from their last meeting, however, and quickly removes herself from his “bubble” and allows him to breathe freely again; this time, however, a smile still stays on his face, not the balking horror she had first encountered with him.

"Its good to see you again," rumbles his deep voice, and not dead. While she is not her mother, the one he’d much rather randomly find in the woods, she will suffice well enough; after all, she is a part of the dragon queen, and it ripples in her quiet grace and the simple way that she commands both men around her though she is but a child herself.

The boy is getting better at dealing with strangeness in this land. At least she is not rotting and still alive, or full of dark hatred as Ricochet had been; despite her impure bloodline, Semira is sweet and splendid, something that Dragomir is coming to appreciate and that, for the millionth time, he sorrowfully wishes Mirage was here to witness. He follows her voice towards the stallion as she asks him if he’s seen others like her, knowing about where she is going with the question though the unicorn seemingly does not.

His reply makes the young man’s expression sour, features turning sharply to the strange unicorn with the haunted eyes to glare at him for his choice in words and how rudely he has described the glorious breeding that has created Semira in the first place. "She’s a young lady, you smutty mouthed lush," he snaps at the other stallion, glowering down at him through blue eyes that read all he feels about men who can’t utilize words of no offense to the fairer gender, "and deserves to be spoken to with proper language, not harlot filth."

He’s stolen away from his momentary irritations at the loose mouth of the other male present by the story that gushes from Semira, his face taking on expression of wonder and awe as to what precisely had called the dragons away. It did, at least, explain why she was here alone, but it left many questions broiling in his head that he was unsure how to verbalize; the combination of the nearness of the dragon princess and the stinging dislike of the unicorn’s vernacular have left him in another speechless, social predicament.

Thankfully for Dragomir, Rotislav saves him from his stupendous lack of verbal dexterity.

One of his lifted ears slips back, half a glance spared the stallion with a pup perched on his rump before he finally finds words. "It is good I came to the Threshold today, then," he begins, nodding softly at the girl before continuing on with his words, "I can help you decide if you wish to return to the Edge or journey with… this guy to the Hidden Falls."
Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Any violence/magic is allowed to be used upon Dragomir at anytime, permitting it doesn't kill or seriously maim him without my permission <3

Hidden Account
Kachie
A delicate twitch of an ear wreathed in the gold that matched her gaze which held a merry twinkle was all the hint given by the silvered child that she noticed the more.... composed result in her painted friend when she stepped away. She'd had many a long night to think back to their first meeting this last season, to recognize the fear and discomfort that had lingered then. But not now. There is an honesty in his voice when he speaks, a trueness to his smile that garnered a pleased little purring hum from the yearling dragon child. She didn't know what had altered him in the intervening months, but was grateful nonetheless that the joy he'd first expressed today at discovering her held firm even after she'd smothered him with a hug.

Though she wants nothing more to follow Dragomir where-ever he may lead, exchanging stories of dragons and friends and family, there is still another she must attend to. Politeness demands she pay attention when Rostislav answers her question. But she quickly, privately, wishes she hadn't. His mention of another like but unlike her dampens her resolve, the alert posture she'd taken from intense curiosity drooping with visible disappointment. Leathern wings but no scales could not be Amaris, her sister.

But she couldn't linger on ill-chosen language long, with her exciting story to share with Dragomir. Though her companion had a few choice words to share before the novelty of her story wrenched him into awed silence. There is a whisper of precaution that has the young filly shifting between the stallions even in the midst of her story, sensing their tension and taking small steps to discourage it from escalating.

When the eager questions she'd almost expected failed to find voice on Dragomir's tongue, and the brief silence was broken by Rostislav's interruption, she allowed her attention to be diverted back to the unicorn stallion. And that was when she remembered what the threshold was commonly used for. Recruiting. Which proved to be another point of tension between the stallions.

Time to deploy a little of the tact she'd learned from listening to Mother, to Father and to Smoke. Whether she'd be very successful in her first pass at diplomacy was iffy at best. "I have a responsibility to my family and the friends of my family and those I know still linger outside of Helovia. I have to meet that responsibility before I can be so selfish as to decide which herd I shall stay in." She paused to lick her lips, glancing toward Dragomir. "Since I know you've returned to the Edge, I would be willing to bet many others I know have returned there." Returned home. Her thoughts betrayed her true feelings on the matter. "Since I know my sister is not at these... Hidden Falls which I've never heard of before, I am not sure if any of my other family is. If you know a black mare with a silver crescent on her rump, or a red filly with a golden crescent on her face and a kitsune at her side, I would be interested in following you there. Otherwise... perhaps I shall visit when my responsibilities have been seen through." There was a brief question in her gaze as she waited to hear if Rostislav knew these other members of her family that she knew not the last known locations of, but she had already shifted to stand closer to Dragomir. Her tasseled tail had curved, quite without her awareness, to loosely drape against the painted stallion's shoulder. A gesture that could have been interpreted as a quieting one, but in truth was an unconscious draconic gesture of possession. He was her friend, her connection to those she knew and the home she'd be born into.

Dragomir's retort rolls over me like water off a duck's back. Yeah, yeah, bad language, in front of a lady. Whatever. I'm sure she's heard it all before and if she hasn't, she sure will and not just from me. Overprotective, much? I shrug and swish my tail a little. He thinks little of me, and I think.... nothing much at all about him. Except he's big and he knows this Dragon-Lady and .. yeah that's about it.

It would be a bald-faced lie to say my heart isn't sinking to a deep, dark, unseen world. You've got to be kidding me. Another one lost to some previous connection that I'm unaware of. Is this just bad luck or am I really that offensive and unwelcoming? I know I don't possess a silver tongue nor can I offer the most joyful, pleasant welcoming. And I know I'm not that handsome to look at. But good lord. Disheartening would be an understatement. Of course when I realized the two knew each other and that Dragomir is not from the Hidden Falls, I suspected trouble. But I had hoped that maybe I would be able to sway Semira into coming with me. I'm not gonna beat her or rape her for crying out loud I just want to offer a home! Fuck my life. Dragomir does not care much what I think, but Semira, despite clearly having already made up her mind, does her best to offer peaceful words toward me. I respect that. Holding my shit together for just a bit longer, I reply in kind. "I understand. Family is important. G'day." I bow my head to her, and ignore Dragomir. I turn my tail and head off at a trudging walk, ticked. Damaris whines, my mood oppressing her previous playfulness and happiness. She wants to cheer me up, but I look back at her with a glance that says, "Don't even." She whines again but doesn't argue with me, and lies down instead, resting her head on her paws.

Damn the system.

Text text text.
"Words words words."
ooc: Rosti out!

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Bunnie

D R A G O M I R
He notices the way her wings fall even before he commences to telling the weird unicorn off, something he’s sure is in relation to her family that was not mentioned in her breathless tale, one that he had attempted to remain polite about while in front of one who knew none of these people which she rambled on about. Her enthusiasm is endearing, so different from the brooding and quiet thing he had been at her age, coming to life only when learning where Semira endlessly blazed with its furious light; it saddens him to see her loose any of her glowing aura as she has when presented with the truth that he had not seen her sister or father, the way she cautiously skirts about the two men as Dragomir challenges the strangers honor.

Over-zealous, he thinks, though he should get used to it. He generally is. It is probably for the best that the other stallion stays calm and brushes of his words; he’s not truly tested just how short or quick to burn his fuse is, and the only prior experiments had proven that he was less like dynamite and more of a land mine.

One wrong step…kabloom.

Still, as she explains why she can’t go home with the foul mouthed stallion, he can’t help but notice the light weight of her tail embracing him after she moves to his side, and that his ears have fallen back atop his poll while yelling at the dual horned beast. They rise slowly, right after his mood, one dark rimmed lobe leaning towards his young friend and the other partially listening for a reaction from the other man present.

He almost winces with emotional hurt as she mentions those she knows; how many were truly missing, not accounted for in her regaling of the adventure she had been on? Off the top of his head, he could not recall seeing Lace, Mirage, Kaj, or Amaris since returning to the Edge, among many others who he had faces for and no names. It was not that he was particularly fond of any of them but Mirage, truly, but the words of Quilyan have lingered with him since the herd meeting.

He’d said he would die, for any one of them, and Dragomir had balked at the idea at first hearing, doubtful that someone would die for a stranger simply because they followed the same herd. But, the more he thought about it, the more he desperately wanted that truth to be so; it fit so well with what Mirage had asked of him, to love without boundaries, to see beyond the eyes first glance.

With these thoughts, he sees the unicorn deflate and trod sullenly away after his brief words of departure, a curious wonder finding a hold in his features as he wonders if this is not the first time he has failed in asking this question, why it was so sudden to interrupt the stories of dragons. Keep your head up, he should say, and he knows it, but instead he’s silent, turning back towards Semira with a soft smile on his face that seems to want to apologize for the other male’s rudeness in light of her diplomatic explanation.

It truly hides that he does not want to tell her what he knows of her home.

So, your aunt… is she as pretty as you and Amaris?" he smiles wryly as he lowers his eyes and cranes his neck to peer at her from one blue orb, "I got to meet her, once, before the darkness came. Your sister, that is. I… I haven’t seen her in a long while. I’d hoped she was with you…you and…"

Mirage, he wants to say, but it dies in his throat along with his hopes, slowly replaying the list she had rattled out again and again and not finding the Queen of Dragons in it anywhere.
Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Hidden Account
Kachie
While there is a quiet sort of understanding in her gaze as she watched the unicorn and his bonded depart, it is drowned by the renewed relief that bubbles up as she turns back toward Dragomir. It is good to know that someone she knows is safe and survived the darkness. So good, that she cannot help but bump her muzzle against his shoulder as she gently applies her slender weight to his side in a silent hint for him to guide her home. Momentarily she lingers, skin to skin, before shifting a deliberate few inches apart. Close enough to inform observers that this 'herdless' filly had an escort, but just far enough apart to offer Dragomir his space.

It is now that he ventures with his questions, distracting her from allowing her thoughts to linger on the last sight she'd had of Rostislav and Damaris. "My aunt?" She hesitates, unsure which one he referred to initially until the comparison to herself and her sister sank in. "Oh, yes. She was a lovely emerald color, mottled with mossy shades so we didn't see her until she opened her eyes. They were the color of sapphires, and entirely out of place on what we'd first thought was a hill." She giggled then, a soft expression of mirth at the recollection, remembering how her aunt had looked right at them, the feel of hot brimstone breath running over them as she confirmed that the bronze-bay stallion was indeed her half-blood brother.

But the memory and the humor faded as Dragomir admitted to not having seen her sister either. "I haven't seen much of her since before the darkness, not after when the magic died." And her soul dragon disappeared. "We look similar, but Amaris has always been the more... aloof one. Stayed to herself and her magic. I hope she's alright." Somewhere in this she'd shifted closer, the leather of her wing almost brushing the painted stallion's side. "Mother... Father told me to leave with the Wild Rose and Kimber after he saw her go into the darkness and not come back. He's been trying to keep a watch over the darkness since, its why I knew it would be safe to come back." Her golden eyes lifted to meet Dragomir's. "I don't know how much everyone knows, so I need to tell what I know and learn what I can. Father trusted me to take his place keeping an eye out should Mother be able to return. And to find my sister and my other relatives." A quaver had entered her voice unbidden, while a heaviness seemed to hang over her. Unspoken was her desire to be home, unmentioned was her knowledge that home would never be the same.