the Rift

[OPEN] A Crack in The Sky

Agrona Posts: 115
Hidden Falls Tiro atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Seven HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
Agrona | Carnage

Now that Birdsong has flourished and the earth is now draped in a fresh carpet of green, flowers have also begun to spring from the soils once more. In my last visit through the meadow, I had been in a hurry to find my new home, and the snow had coated everything in white sheets. Dead flowers were hidden well beneath the fluffy layers of powder, likely frozen or already had been decaying and smashed back into the dirt. Thinking back on it now, I have only been through here a couple of times.. and none that I can recall that were anything to trap in my memory bank.. Was this where I had talked with Arlo all night? I can still remember the fresh blood against his gray snout. How appealing.

Back to the present, I now stand quietly near the humming creek, my soft lips ripping tender blades of grass from their young roots by the mouthful. My body has undergone some drastic change in the past few seasons, and I am not about to let my weight dwindle down to what it had been once I was able to emerge from that lonely cave above ground. The image of a melting Oxy plagues my wandering thoughts, really kicking a big ass dent in my mood. All though I am all alone, I lift my skull from the dense grass for a moment to scowl at whatever is closest; a fat Robin that stares at me with a cocked head.

My jaws continue to work on the remaining grass, ripping apart the vegetation piece by piece until I swallow a small bite. The plump bird stares back at me, it's wings sprawling out for what had to be the fastest second I have ever encountered.. half a second perhaps.. a millisecond for that little gross thing to flick those feathers out like that. The rest of it's body ruffles and the entire thing becomes puffy, all the while staring at me contently. My ears have long since laid back on my pearly mane, and wild eyes slit into an irritated glare.

Why this bird you ask? What did he do? Why glare at him? I guess he was just the lucky winner. I snort, lunging forward at the rat with wings as if I would actually kill it; instead of taking off in a worried flight, the bird hops away, looking back at me as if he could just yell back "Haha, fuck you!" Whatever it is that has suddenly gotten my panties all twisted into a fucking knot, it's really about to turn a decent day to another dull one.

Eventually, the red-breasted worm eater disappears into the tall grass, the only sign of his presence is the occasional stir of vegetation. My eyes open wide again, a sigh being born from whatever breath I must have been holding for that intense couple of seconds. If this is really what I have to do to entertain myself, I've really lost my paddle while floating down shit creek.

Walking "Talking" Thinking
Tagged: @[Illynx]
Ooc: Woah, I finally got this up! Sorry about that wait..

Credits: code by Tamme | Image by Sarah | Stock Credits in the Link

Let me tell you something baby
You love me for everything you hate me for
[Image: 542f83afbdf08]
  • Please tag me in every post!

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie
She passes through the awkward portion of land that winds between four holds; a crevice in the earth, seemingly dimpled by some gargantuan hand that had broken a vale shaped as a serpent through tall, dark forests. Dappled with flowers of the season, the fields grow tall and lush with the season, the Gilded Blade floating down the compacted dirt path that would lead her to the Thistle Meadow at an easy trot, sinew rippling beneath a gleaming and pristine pelt and partially hidden from view by the platinum plating along her chest and spine, the burgundy fabric that holds it all in place. She jingles with each step, her amulets striking each other and the metal that three of them ride beneath, and while she does not let the song that fills her reach audible air, it rings in her head to the tune of her prance.

She’s got things on her mind, plans of sort that formulated while down in the caves, witnessing how well her people could get along with their inferiors, even when forced in such small confines.

Breaking through the tall, bright grasses of the meadow at the path’s end, she sweeps towards the northern most branch of the river that reaches its fingers into the heart of the area, hoping to catch some peace and time to graze, perhaps a hornless or two to torment. Instead, she finds the area she usually frequents already inhabited by another mare, viewed from a distance through narrowed golden eyes. Through first glances, it is not prey lingering in her personally claimed territory, a land that was not hers unless she wished to visit it; the woman wears horns, two of them even, her white hair in sharp contrast against the pitch tone of her pelt. The Gilded Blade spends only a moment observing her, catching the tail end of her chasing the robin away and pondering whether she feels up to social interactions this afternoon.

She had, after all, come here to be alone.

Sweeping in towards the other woman on golden legs that dip and flash in the grace of her trot, her dark tail snags and tangles against the stalks she brushes through as she comes into the shorter grasses that surround the laughing brook, coming to a stop with neck gracefully arched and amulets still swaying before her unknown sister. She’s decided that she must delegate her time to strangers, those who fit her physical requirements and serve her use beyond slavery or a few hours fun and torment; it would do well, she thinks, for there to be good circulating around the ears of those outside the boundaries of their mountain, however slant, to contradict the black.

"Salutations," she says, dipping her head ever so slightly with the faint traces of a smile gleaming on her plastic face, "do you often come to chase the birds away?"

@[Agrona]

There was a river once,
with many round stones
enchanted by shallow hopes
of embracing the ocean;
water is peculiar this way,
how its life is a line
that cannot bend or change
without the approval of its bed.

Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Adoptable
Agrona | Carnage

"Salutations," a sudden feminine voice calls, my Robbin taking off into the sky from it's hiding spot in the tall grass. I lifted my crown, snout turning into the direction of the golden-dipped mare. "do you always come to chase the birds away?" Fucking great my conscience mumbles, and I allow my ears up cup forward; her pretty face reminds me a lot of the faces I see back home: that hard mask breaking apart at the lips, the faintest chips cracked away from motion around an otherwise straight mouth. I allow a single chuckle to slip from slightly parted lips, lilac eyes searching the mare's body before I speak. "Today calls for it."

I take a small step backward, swinging my front quarters toward the dish-faced female. Metal hangs all over the dainty looking stranger, each small amulet touched by different colors and jewels; a splinter of envy digs it's way into my breast. How gorgeous she is. My right ear twitches, the cold sensation of air passing through the open hole making it slam down to pearly hair before cupping back upright. While this golden-sprayed mare holds silvers, I cannot even hold a candle to her light.. I am rugged and boy-ish, while she is beautiful.

"What is someone like you doing out here all by yourself?" I finally question, curious as to if a creature such as herself would usually need protection or not. Judging by all of that metal, probably not. My antlered crown picks up higher into the air, nostrils fluttering as I draw in her unfamiliar scent.

Ooc: Sorry for the wait and terrible response. :(

"The bees and worms thank you for your ferocity," she giggles, a much more vibrant sound than the faint chuckle that breaks the monotonous features of the dual horned mare, ringing through the clearing in her amusement at such a trivial but surely amusing game. Her crown tilts as she takes time to observe the stranger as the stranger observes her, quite liking this awkward pause in the conversation that allows her to devour the physical attributes of her unknown sister. She is reminded of Torleik and Crowley in ways, from the two horns rising from her brow to the dark shade of her flesh lined in pearly white, but she is more earthly, graced not by dappled snow along her belly but streaking locks of colorlessness, features etched ever so finely with lacing and flecks.

A snow sister, found in the fields; that she does not live on the mountain saddens the Lady, spiteful towards the fold that holds her from her rightful place among her kin. It cannot be helped, truly, she decides; fate had led this one to wherever she lived. Perhaps it was not her time to walk among the land of snow and stone. Perhaps that time would never come for her.

What a sorrowful thought.

Her question is answered at first with a flashy smile, the golden wench tossing her tail halfheartedly at the small insects that attempt to swarm the flesh not covered with metal and cloth. "It’s a fine reprieve from the frost," she says, ivory smile sheathed behind dark lips as she continues her explanation, "even in Tallsun the mountain is colder than the meadow."

@[Agrona]

There was a river once,
with many round stones
of embracing the ocean;
how its life is a line

Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Adoptable
Agrona | Carnage

The quiet air is shoved aside as a cool wind passed through the meadow, allowing the grasses and darkened tree leaves to dance together and twist around. The golden horned mare and I stare at each other for what feels like a great amount of time, but it seems that it doesn't bother either of us. Lilac eyes search over the silver plates and jangling metals while golden ones flick over my bare hide. I feel so open and weak now that I have seen so much armor on one being; even if most of it is light, it is more than I have.

I take a bold step forward, the metal ring in my ear clanking against bone as it tips backward, both now sitting back to listen to my surroundings. The one step is all I take, closing the distance no further in case this stranger was more than able to take care of herself. Over the years, I have learned that anyone and everything can be dangerous, no matter who or what they are. My tail flicks to the right, long strings twisting around my ankle before it can swing back to the left. "It's a fine reprieve from the frost, even in Tallsun the mountain is colder than the meadow." I find myself staring at those godly golden eyes, that same pang of jealousy seeping through my veins again.

"Mountains? So they are owned.. That god damn Mammoth couldn't have just told me that?" I giggle to myself, skull rotating around to check our surroundings again before I let my wild eyes settle on the dusty woman. "How do you live in the mountains? You're so... not beastly. All that son of a bitch was was hair!" I laughed again, this time filling the air with that wicked, full hearted laughter. If she lives in the mountains, surely she'd know who I'm talking about, right?

She’s distrustful of strangers, the Lady notices with a subtle curve to her lips, pleased with the intelligence of the dual horned mare even while mildly annoyed that all in this land distrust each other so and that few are well equipped enough to handle the more hardened citizens of the kingdom. Perhaps she is an imposing figure, she ponders, wearing her guise of metal and cloth, her amulets gleaming and impotent; the ones for storing magic were empty, the others rarely thought of as more than adornments to compliment her natural beauty, but surely to others she is a sight that causes slight hesitancy and curbed pride. On most days, she would gloat in this knowledge, that she is a fearsome warrior queen as she has always wished, but today, on the day she had come to be alone and not a pillar of strength among inferiors, it roused bitterness within her.

Could she not be treated as normal even among strangers?

She returns the sound of the moon mane’s laughter, wondering when this stranger had managed to ride deep enough into the snow’s heart to encounter another who lived there, and her interest in the conversation is instantly engaged. That she has managed to find someone who didn’t know of the Basin quite yet is thrilling – it means that, while she draws reservations from her companion, the emotion she sees is not blind fear or distrust of the racist queen on the mountain. All it is that makes the other look around nervously is her own failings in the art of self defense and Illynx’s obvious pride in self, and it is pleasing.

"Beowulf?" she asks, the only number of her kin to be so heavily coated as to deserve the title of Mammoth quickly coming to mind and drawing a playful smile to her lips, "he is quite…insulated, isn’t he?" Her giggle is playful and sweet, such sharp contrast to the notes of her black soul. "I could not live if I wandered the mountains, no, but our valley is well shielded from the winds and steep snows. The Lord of Time perhaps has much to do with our prosperity in such a wintry haven."

A short pause fills the air as she glances back towards the north, eyes returning to the other woman with an effervescence as she prods more humor into the conversation. "Either way, I have lost an entire wildcat worth of coat in the past few weeks. You should see what the armor isn’t covering," a humorous shiver runs along her body, as if the sight is horrific enough to create terror in the witness (and while it was surely pretty gross, it was no such atrocity).

@[Agrona]

There was a river once,
with many round stones
of embracing the ocean;
how its life is a line

Adoptable
Agrona | Carnage

"Beowulf?" Yes, of course, that one! I can see all of that fluffy hair, those beady eyes popping out from behind a wild mane of steel gray and yellow dashes. What in the Gods' names would ever create a creature like that? His temper went from the fucking roof to the floor in a matter of seconds, all thanks to that little feline deciding to hatch right then and there. "A little help, ma'am?" I believe is what he said, the thought of his unchained and wild anger toward me made the simple grin on my dark lips turn upward into a pleased smile. "That's right, Beowulf.. I do like Mammoth more though." The mare who's name I still do not know and I share a short laugh before she begins speaking again, explaining that she would never be able to inhabit the mountains.

Confused and basically completely uneducated on Helovia's never ending geography, my ears both cup forward, images of quiet valleys randomly tucked into the shadows of the mountains lingering in my empty head. "The Lord of Time-" Goldie says, just allowing more and more mythical and creative characters and scenes to pop into my skull, and -as always- my curiosity begins gnawing at my brain, wanting to know as much as this beautiful bay woman does.

Her voice stops for a second, allowing me to think of a thousand different things I want so badly to ask and gain knowledge on; what else is in the mountains? Are there herds? Which does she belong to? Perhaps small families such as us, the Asylum, I guess that would be a good place to hide to watch over every one. Do they have designated leads such as Clown Face and the Bloody Doll?

These all float around in my skull in a matter of a millisecond, and before I can let any of them out, the mare is speaking again... and for some reason, this does not bother me. Why am I not annoyed with her glitzy get up and obvious experience with Helovia that I do not have? Not sure, but whatever it is, I keep finding myself just infatuated with whatever it is that she keeps feeding me. This time, it is a joke about her surely thick winter coat, and her reference is a wildcat. We both jiggle in laughter again, wild eyes following to where she had glanced moments ago.

It goes on for ages I feel like. Would I be able to walk all of that? The fields go on and on, and against the backdrop of tall trees in the distance and blue sky is snowcapped mountains, shielding what I now know is a homeland. What could it look like? I can feel my heart pulsing in my thin chest, and I feel like that adventurous filly I had at one point actually been. My laughter settles after a few seconds, but my mind is not left on her massive loss of fur, but still stuck on what she called her "wintery haven." "Are there many of you in the mountains? I never thought there would be much life found up there. I followed the water until the hills actually became rock, and somehow I found myself in a god damn maze in the snow."

My explanation of what I had found doesn't matter, why even share it? Maybe I passed right by their homestead without even noticing it? It is easy to miss something in the snow like that, with the blizzards and all of that bullshit I'm sure. Does she get lost? Oh my god I want to see this place! On the outside I keep my cool, but internally I am extremely edgy now and just want to go see for myself. Maybe she'll take me up there? Limitless violet eyes fall back to Goldie from the distance; I am so deep into thought now that I feel like I may have accidently missed something she had said.

Instantly, recognition flashes across the lacey faced mare and Illynx smiles warmly in response, her ego swelling that she is growing so adept at naming the numerous faces of her fold. Surely, she should give Deimos credit for the work, as well, but we all know she is not the sort to allow her thunder to be at all diminished by the punitive rainclouds of others, and so the stoic and dark man is cast to the back of her thoughts, a simple cog in the clockwork of her coven. He has his uses, as do all men; for one, he can sire children, evident by the little flower thing she’d met some seasons past, and she had felt the touch that had made him famous across the land, but neither of those things truly made him a legend. Any man could wield the scythe of death and wear just as much mystique and prowess as Deimos did, and the man, so small minded and trapped within himself (oh how very alike our two rulers of the snow are, how very distant they make themselves) that he cannot see that he has been granted a gift that he takes for granted with his silence and bitterness.

Beowulf is so very unlike Deimos that it almost makes her laugh out of place that she thinks of the dark stallion when discussing aloud the soft hearted, bear of a man that had offered assistance in defense so long as it didn’t involve getting his hooves bloody. Even at the meeting it had been hard not to giggle at him, dismissing his request towards the crafters and the sentinels, not wishing to hurt his gentle soul with her knives of truth. Beowulf was weak; Mammoth was not a fair name for such a man. But she laughs all the same, her dark locks tossed with a carefree air from her golden eyes, and she nods in consent despite her inward rebuttal of the statement.

She may seem kind, but she is a stranger; Illynx doesn’t know how long her tongue is, and doesn’t wish to find out how fast it wags.

The Lady takes note of the way the other woman absorbs her words as if she speaks of magic unheard of in this era. It adds an extra tilt to her smile, but her mockery is held carefully behind her poised porcelain mask; its too easy to slip into the easy laughter and cadence of girl talk, the way that this female drinks in her presence as if the aura emanating from her chocolate and gilded brindle frame was ambrosia, intoxicating, relentless.

That same curiosity pouring from her companion’s face is voiced aloud, to which Illynx has also grown used to; she has a way of painting love into her words when she spoke of her snowy province, a sort of reverence that had been missing even when she had once described her home as that of where she had been born, the falling cliffs of the World’s Edge. She had once spent an afternoon hiding from the rain with Deodat, discussing the hearts of their kin and the relation she felt that each of them held to the snow and stone, how even sweet and soft as Lena or Huyana may be, they were no less ruthless than the soft glimmer of light across bitingly frigid ice.

She didn’t think then that he had understood what she was trying to say, when she’d asked him if he was comprised of flame, or ice. He had answered wrong in so many ways, and yet, had told her more of their composite soul than she had known prior. To each of them, she owed some truth learned, though she might never admit it through her pride, but she surely would never forget what they had given her.

All this power, shining and fierce.

She laughs, light and airy, amused by the fact that snow mane had become lost in her adventures north as so many others who hadn’t had guides to show them the way. It made her even more proud of herself and those who had walked the hard road to the Basin from the lost land of the Edge, those who had learned the secrets of the winding, tricky routes of the mountain passes on their own with no one to show them where to walk. "Just us in the Aurora Basin," she says, smile sweet and supple on her lips, "for a short while there was an outcast band housing themselves in the tundra, the Assassins. Life is hard when too exposed in the North, as I said. I almost pity their failed companionship; they struggled to live in such a place, to be sure... what love they must have felt for their leader to remain where no food grows and the wind can still find you even deep into the glacial caverns." She pauses, gazing out towards the sky for a moment as she ponders her singular meeting with that man, Tonka, some time before she had become a Lady and shortly after she had returned to her station in Helovia. He had not seemed so much impressive as simply kind and bold, even if inexperienced and not the most clever in the art of leadership. He had reminded her, in ways, of the Merciful, perhaps even lost Lord Mauja, the sort of man that others loved deeply and fiercely, the ones they wished could lead them but that lacked the solid cores necessary to do so.

Illynx had no softness left within her, or so she liked to think. Women were far more suited to the role of kingship than men, the only throne they truly desired or honored the one in which they got their spring rocks off onto.

"There is only one way to my home, and all who know its way are those who were guided by those before them," she explains, putting to ease any fears the femme may have that she had failed to see such an obvious sight as a herd land, "after my kin and I lost our home in World’s Edge to the Qian, the Lord Time approached our then leaders and led them into the mountains to our valley, the only reason it is now anyone’s home other than the Lightning God who lends it and his strength to us. The peaks surround it in such heights that most of the snow and wind are held back by the stone and the caves run deep and plenty enough to shield us from whatever terrible weather might manage to reach down into the Basin. It is a good life, though not as warm as the sands of the Throat or splendorous as the rolling Windtossed Foothills, but the grass is sweet and our God is good to us even when the world is unkind."

@[Agrona]

There was a river once,
with many round stones
of embracing the ocean;
how its life is a line

Adoptable
Agrona | Carnage

I find myself not so lost in my thoughts as I thought I had been, because as soon as Miss Goldie starts talking again, I am once again knee deep in her words; listening and learning about these places I do not know of is about enough to get my rocks off.. which hasn't happened in a while. Hm. Maybe that'll be something to occupy my time? Maybe get this God that the bay mentioned to tie my tubes so I can just slink around and not worry about... I catch the image in an abundance of messy paintings that I've created in my head, shattering the idea of any intimacy, ever. My jaws clench tight and I swallow hard, my attention shifting back to the mare.

"Just us in the Aurora Basin-" is what she did say, but what I heard was "Join us in the Aurora Basin." I cocked my right eye brow, letting her continue on before I began to ramble about my psychotic family; what are they doing now any how? Likely prodding each other with the dismembered hoof of a trespasser, or splashing around in the pink-tinted water of the falls downstream from the same torn apart body. I can see Clown Face cursing at someone in her native tongue, and Eris and Circuita whispering to each other a few feet behind everyone; oh god, don't let me forget a stoned Oxy glaring at the winged pony that we are supposed to look up to. Still I want to have something against the one called Midas, but there is no reason for me to hate him. I guess I could be pissed that he's not crazy? Good enough for me, I guess.

She explained the failure of an outcast band, and for some reason I can feel the name tickle the bank of my dusty memory, had I heard of them before? Surely not, I'm sure I would remember hearing of that more than once, right? Of course, why would I have heard of them? My brain is not thinking of the Assassins, but of my own herd.... My family. They had split apart and spread across the land of my past home without more than a few words; my father told me of their departure and how many became sick. A heavy sigh leaves fluttering nostrils as the mare finishes up her sentence, "Must have been pretty fucking stupid." I growled, my mind drifting between both herds that now occupy my mind.

Details coming from the golden dusted female make the hidden valleys seem like godly homes in my mind, where massive pillars stand and ancient willows bend to the force of both gravity and time. My wild eyes are almost looking past Goldie, imagining her within this iced-over, timeless world. She compared it to a place I have heard very little about, and another that I had never even caught wind of. I tilt my antlered skull to the right, both ears turning backward and allowing the metal to clank against bone once more. "Show me this place, this-" I pause, fumbling the name around in my wet mouth before letting it escape, "Aurora Basin."

The word tastes good; wet, and cold, yet vibrant and colorful.

The other mare is still listening to Illynx as if she’s putting on some sort of five star entertainment routine, and while the Lady enjoys the admiration and time spent on herself by the other woman she has to wonder what motives lie behind the watching eyes of the dark mare. Perhaps it is simply the beauty and history of her people that hold her in thrall, but the golden wench is not so easily distracted by flattery as she was in her younger days, and she must assume that everyone is out to get her lest they succeed.

Still, Agrona does not seem aggressive, or the sort to plot against a stranger; after all, it hadn’t been her to initiate the conversation, a fact the Lady remembers all while speaking her brief rhetoric on the history of the mountain herd.

Her laugh arrives brief and dancing at the jab made towards the intelligence of the herd that had chosen such a location, the woman in ways agreeing and in others seeing the purpose of why they had chosen where they had. For one, there was not a soul to come beating on their door to take it away from them; for another, it did the same thing for the group that living in the midst of the freeze had done for her own people – an aura of ferocity, of perseverance, hung over the leaning peaks of the Steppe and it oozed deeply into the pores of its beloved children. "At least not wise," she remarks, "or they’d still be there."

More stories regale from her lips, tales of their secret trail and the home hidden at the end, tales of the God who watched over them with his quiet wisdom. She shouldn’t be so surprised when the stranger asks her to take her home with her – it wasn’t the first time it had happened, in all honesty, and the Lady sweeps her golden eyes across her brow with an approving smile. She was at least whole, unlike Abishia had been, and would likely draw little interest from the others as the painted hornless had, but still… the allegiances of the woman were unknown. It wasn’t that Illynx feared that they couldn’t handle a few ripples in the still waters her rule had brought, more that she was unable to trust anyone or put faith into action unless she saw a prize to be earned at the end of the hard road it would lead her onto.

Her mangled ear falls back against dark hair, a ponderous light growing across her face for several long seconds before she smiles and chases out the clouds of doubt in her head. If there was a chance the dual horned one would come and stay with those worthy of her company, it was worth any risk involved; the golden one found that this conversation had been the first she’d truly enjoyed in too long, already seeing the vines of kinship that tied the pair together.

She was no Psyche, but she would do.

"Very well," she simpers, turning her metallic laced frame about towards the north and the familiar paths that would lead her home, a smile adorning her features as she glances over her shoulder, "but its our secret for now. Bless your heart if someone were to hear how to get there from your lips… we don’t take well to the uninvited."

@[Agrona]
OOC: Basin thread awayyyy ~ should be up here shortly!

There was a river once,
with many round stones
of embracing the ocean;
how its life is a line