the Rift

[OPEN] Curiosity killed the cat [Ghost, Mermaid]

Fraub Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

He had not even explored half of the Hidden Falls, yet he had the incredible urge to explore some of the outside lands already. Come to think of it, he had been walking for quite some time now, he did not even know where he was at the moment. The foliage had grown thicker, thicker than it had been in the threshold even, which he was almost positive he had passed long ago. The forest, slightly grotesque, thick with history, tragedies and passions a like he was sure of. The foliage beneath him had gotten heavy, his steps crackled leaves, branches, and some unknown things he was unsure of.

He wasn't sure if his visiting was reckless or something of eventual gain. The sunlight bleakly shown through the treetops, casting weird, faded shadows all around him. His perked, contented ears began to flicker around in a sort of fear that something might approach and devour him. Some of the larger trees held mighty scars, deep scars that he rather not look closer at. Branches and bushes nicked and poked at his silky coat and he often had to untangle his long mane from twisting undergrowth. Fraub whined and sighed as he made his way deeper, zigzagging around impasses and jumping over fallen trees.

'Why did I travel so far in?' his head sulked to his feet, 'I am a mess now'

@[Ghost] @[Mermaid]

Ghost the Cadaverous Posts: 219
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 6 years HP: 67 | Buff: ENDURE
Fantôme :: Grey Wolf :: None imi
[Image: coY9AM0.png]

The Deep Forest. It was Ghost's favourite place to visit, the best place to hide and delightfully the most haunted of all dwellings, in the sprites mind. It was a tragic place, just how many lives had been ruined here? How many bodies now lay with the roots of scarred trees that creaked and moaned in the wind? She would never know such interesting information and that was why it excited her the most; she'd simply never know. A puzzle never to be solved and secrets hidden far too deep for her to dig them up. The forest was a master of shadow and enigma, if Ghost ever became half as good as the trees here then well... The world would fall and realization would only strike when she was Queen of everything. Ghost came here to learn and to drift through its shadows whilst her mind thought of grandiose things she could not yet achieve.

Her wings were folded as she walked, the red tips tucked neatly beside her bodice and her tail hung limp between her legs. She walked like this for some time as the sun did battle with the branches, reaching her coat now and then with a welcome warm beam. Her quiet hooves had carried her quite a ways until she saw him sobbing and sighing through the undergrowth. In fact, she saw his hair first, which was quite bizarre to say the least clasped in gold and arching from his neck and rear. Approaching from somewhere near his right she noted his markings, his horn and his stature; small, but not Seele size and he had a flashy halcyon weapon that stained his face a similar colour. Another interesting creature she had never met before and even though once in her life she may have simply observed and moved on, Ghost was slowly getting better at approaching others. In her own special way.

"Does that not... Bother you?" her quiet cool accent asked in bafflement as she nodded to his strange hair style with a look of perplexion. It'd bother me she silently spoke in amusement to herself.

GHOST.

Everyday I feel the same
Stuck, and I can never change
Sucked into a black balloon
Spat into an empty room

neal.flickr.com
Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Because if we just turn and run
Let them fire the gun

❚ Force permitted, just don't kill her :3
❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

Unregistered

Hearing someone approach startled him slightly, not making it known of course. His ears flattened against his skull and he swayed his hips completely, turning around to get a good look at who had been watching him. He reared his head back a little, nostrils flaring. A look of disgruntlement passed over his face and then a bit of a relief, softening his gaze upon the mare. "You're a tad quiet when you approach, don't you think?" he frowned a little.

She was considerably taller than him, and she looked very young. The darkly colored mare with her red tipped wings, another pegasus, there seemed to be a lot lately. Scrunching his face into a wave of displeasure at her comment, "I'm sorry does what bother-" the sleek, black pointy crown on her head caught his attention and his eyes sparkled in amusement. "How dazzling!" he strided towards her, gleaming with interest "you can reach the heavens AND show off such a fabulous jewel upon your head". He had clearly never seen such a hybrid before.

"You simply must get all the attention don't you"

@[Ghost]

Mermaid Posts: 47
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2hh :: 9 Years Buff: NOVICE
Tzarra

MERMAID
AND WE DANCED LIKE A WAVE ON THE OCEAN, ROMANCED
WE WERE LIARS IN LOVE AND WE DANCED

These woods are deep, dark and chilling. Thick gnarled tree branches twist together over head to block out the warmth of the sun. The light reaches the forest floor but it is distorted and eerie by the time it does. I can not help but shiver as I take it all in, partly at the chill and partly at the appearance of the place. If my ghosts could awaken in the comfort of the beach how much stronger might they be should I suffer the misfortune of having to sleep in this place? Really, I should turn back and leave the exploring of the even deeper wood beyond for a time when I have company to do it with. I don’t even know why I am here, I detest woodlands and forests. The cramped closeness is just too much for once raised on open stretches of sand and salt grass fields.

I should not go on, I should not… but I do. Voices carry back, weaving through the moss blanketed tree trucks to tickle my ears and lure me on. Eventually I find them and I must admit, as I peer around the trees to observe, I am slightly disappointed that they are simple flesh and blood beings rather than the woodland spirits I’d hoped I might find. Ah well, now I have the company I was lacking before. They number two, one male and one female.

The stallion is a lanky, skinny thing, possibly closer to my age than most of the others I have met. He wears a coat near as pale as my own but accented in a style I have never seen. There is a touch of silver moonlight in his uniquely arranged hair and streaks of gold that bleed from the twisted horn atop his head. That horn looks rather like a rearing snake and I wonder if I should take it as some kind of warning. Of course, I do no such thing. Instead I turn my gaze on the female.

She is thin in the way of older youths that have not quite reached their full blossom but are bound to wake up and be surprised by it some day very soon. She is, of course, not equine as I am. I have grown resigned to the fact that I will nearly always find unicorns and pegasi when I go gadding about on my own in this place. To date I have still met only one other equine, not that I care exactly… but I have noted the fact and it certainly leaves me feeling a little out of place and alien. Anyway, this girl is neither unicorn nor pegasus but a mix of the two. Her wings begin in the pitch black shade of her body but fade to white and end in blood red tips. Her horn is a long and dangerous looking weapon. I make no comment on this combination; the oddly elegant male has already commented enough for the both of us.

It is rude to just stand here and observe them in silence however, so I give a soft and friendly whicker to announce my presence.

SWEPT AWAY FOR A MOMENT BY CHANCE
HTML BY SARAHROO | IMAGE FROM WEHEARTIT

@[Ghost] & @[Fraub]
[Image: 52ebd2e176c2b]
[Image: 525f791c057b6]HP: 60/60
"she came from the sea..."
Global permission granted to do anything at any time with/to Mermaid so long as it is survivable!
Tagging preferences: tag away! | Contact Preferences: PM please!
(Am I being sluggish?  Check my status HERE)
HELOVIA HARD MODE

Ghost the Cadaverous Posts: 219
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 6 years HP: 67 | Buff: ENDURE
Fantôme :: Grey Wolf :: None imi
[Image: coY9AM0.png]

"Did I scare you?" She asked in amusement to his comment. Ghost never really paid attention to how silent she could be, the belle enjoyed the shadows and the shadows happened to be quiet. He was, however, a rather interesting and forward fellow as she soon found out when his eyes crossed her bodice and enlarged at the sight. It was something Ghost wasn't used to, in fact it was the opposite, most just looked upon her with disgust. As if something like her shouldn't exist. Mauja had been the first to reject her as a foal, but certainly not the last, a stallion named Ricochet was quick to turn his nose at her dis-figuration. She was so used to it that when this male came gleaming up to her she found quite uncomfortable and for a moment her gaze faltered. This wasn't right, he was supposed to say how ugly she looked and proceed to call her by many names, that or ignore what she was completely. Ghost wasn't quite sure how to meet his curiosity. Should she smile? Grunt? Flee? Her hooves portrayed her wild thoughts as they shuffled on the ground under his gaze.

She was saved briefly, however, by the appearance of a mare many years her senior who said nothing but a whicker in hello. This femme was light in colour too, much like the stag, some faint marking touched her hind quarters and the rest of her looked like she'd just been dragged in from sea. The stranger smelt of nowhere in particular and her stature was much smaller than the height of Ghost who dipped her head in silent greeting. All in all the sprite was great in contrast to these two pale souls who stood much less in height and 'standing out from the crowd' had never been more relevant in her life. Not that these two weren't without their own intricacies that intrigued the young spirit all the same.

Returning to the male after acknowledging the other female of their small company, Ghost finally found the words she had been looking for. "I have advantages and disadvantages though you are the first to look upon me as dazzling. The attention I can do without." Ghost did not know what to do with attention, she was the dagger that quietly slipped through a throat here and there and a dagger was handled by its master. That's all she knew for now. She was also rather drab to the poor boys glorious curiosity before her.

Though a small smile did slowly touch her lips as she frowned lightly and remarked "you're not exactly normal yourself."

@[Fraub]

GHOST.

Everyday I feel the same
Stuck, and I can never change
Sucked into a black balloon
Spat into an empty room

neal.flickr.com
Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Because if we just turn and run
Let them fire the gun

❚ Force permitted, just don't kill her :3
❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

Unregistered

The thick, coiled, foliage of the forest, twisting and intertwining within itself was less than pretty. A mesh of green and dark green hues that turned black when the sun did not shine there. The sun's rays, pushing through the heavy trees, attempting to get her rays to the ground. Although failing, bits of orange and yellow danced on the ground as the monstrous trunks swayed their leaves in the light breeze. Bits of brown stained Fraub's pale coat, a result of his trek earlier. Twigs and leaves lay needled within his mane and tail, leftovers of what he could not wrestle free, leaving his brilliantly silver up-do a bit tangled and messy.

His ears twitched and peered behind him as another stranger approached. Fraub tilted his head to get another look at the newcomer. Another female it seemed, a little taller than he with a coat just as pale as his. He cocked his head slightly to the side, noticing bits of green entanglement in her mane and tail. A modest frown crept upon his face at the interesting style choice. She whinnied as she approached but Fraub did not respond and instead took his attention back to the black mare.

"Of course not" he replied, a little snarky towards the mares comment about scaring him. "Well I think being just one species is boring, you know. Why be just one when you can be both, it's much more interesting that way, I think" He looked at her a little quizzically, "There isn't anything wrong with being different, it adds to the drama!"

ooc; sorry I took a little long to respond, had a busy week of classes. c:

@[Ghost] @[Mermaid]

Abishia Posts: 225
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16 HH :: 5 years ~ Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Wild.

Boredly, she picked her way through the forest she had visited many times, and with every step, the woods became more dense, the undergrowth becoming thicker by the second. By now, she could easily make her way through the region, with a few stumbles but still maintain stability and save herself from embarrassment if anyone would ever happen to see. 

Flicking her harks, she hoped that she would pick up voices that would intrigue her, not bore her. And after a few minutes of listening to distant and fate conversations, her shoulders slumped, absolutely nothing to do. So why not have a little fun? With a smirk, she closed her orbs, a blanket of darkness blocking her path, and stumbled forward. Dangerous, but quite entertaining and good way to improve her senses. She carried on like this for several minutes, stumbling and nearly falling to her knees almost every second, before she tripped over a root and crashed into... A body? Her orbs flew open, a gasp escaping her kissers as she tumbled backward, stepping on the root again, causing her to lift her hind leg and wince as it scraped against the price of earth. Side stepping, she nearly bumped into the bodice of another, one she recognized faintly. A girl, pale with a star on her rump. Seaweed and trinkets like ornaments in her locks. Swerving, she finally came to a halt and turned to set her gaze upon the Stallion she had ran into, a white man with a beautiful horn, but some kind of odd hair do, that Abishia found, oddly, pleasing. A light smile passed her lips and she giggled nervously. "My goodness,  that was so clumsy of me. I am so sorry sir. " She sighed, then turned and bowed her head at each of them."I'M Abishia.  And apparently I'M horrible at first impressions. "

@[Fraub] @[Ghost] @[Mermaid]

Credits

lines
please tag me in any and all posts

Mermaid Posts: 47
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2hh :: 9 Years Buff: NOVICE
Tzarra
MERMAID
AND WE DANCED LIKE A WAVE ON THE OCEAN, ROMANCED
WE WERE LIARS IN LOVE AND WE DANCED

Neither of the strangers offers me a vocal greeting but in my efforts to make myself known while avoiding disruption I had not given them reason to. However, they both make it clear that my presence has been noted. She does so with a polite dip of her crown, clearly a filly raised to show respect to her elders whether or not she truly feels it. I believe the welcome to be genuine though and so answer in kind with my own nod. The male’s acknowledgement is not so cordial. He gauges me with a measuring look that fades to a frown. I tilt my own head to the side in a questioning manner wondering what caused the odd reaction. He has dismissed me by this time though and I presume that I will learn something more when he is done gushing over the appearance of the blood-winged mare.

I stand here lost in thought, as the thin rays of filtered sun sneak through the thick canopy to dapple my pale coat. The words that pass between them strike me as odd ones for strangers to exchange and amount to them both indicating that the other is interesting to look at. For a moment I wonder if I might not have stumbled into a clandestine lovers tryst just before it got interesting. While the observations made by both are certainly true enough it is strange to take note of such things in this place where “normal” does not seem to exist. Even I, though boring in comparison to them, am alien and feeling more so with each day I spend here. I am not sure if it would be better at this point to make an attempt at working myself into the conversation or conduct a quiet retreat and allow things to develop however they might have without my intervention.

In the end I am spared the decision. A crunching and crashing in the brush announces the arrival of another. I witness her near collision with the male and then shift myself quickly out of the way as she stumbles in my direction. Apparently Abishia makes a habit of crashing her way onto otherwise quiet scenes. For a moment I wonder if she has followed me here and then I give my head a toss to shake off the suspicious thought. It is just a coincidence, it has to be… what reason would anyone have to follow me about? Perhaps she simply lives near to this place. The glance she gives me is vague with no firm sign of recognition, but then I suppose she might not remember even if it was only a few days ago. Her interests and attentions were entirely occupied with the young horned stallion who completed our company at the time. In fact she is giving the current male much the same look now. I will not judge her for it, in truth I find it rather amusing. I remember that stage in my own growth. While I did keep my attentions more focused than she seems to be, who knows what might have happened had I been faced with more options and opportunities.

No comment on any part of her behavior falls from my lips. I would probably have ended up laughing and that would most likely be taken the wrong way. Instead I maintain my polite and proper demeanor offering a welcoming nod to the fourth member of this impromptu gathering.

“Good to see you again Abishia. You know me, but for the benefit of our current company I am called Mermaid.”

In this way I supply her with my name and do not make it obvious that she should have known but has forgotten, if that is in fact the case. Turning now to the others I offer the apology I should have given when I first arrived.

“Please forgive my interruption, I do not mean to intrude.”

I watch them carefully for reaction and should they give any hint that they desire privacy I shall take myself off and find some way to bring the painted girl with me.

SWEPT AWAY FOR A MOMENT BY CHANCE
HTML BY SARAHROO | IMAGE FROM WEHEARTIT

Tagging: @[Ghost]
Copying: @[Fraub] & @[Abishia]

OOC: Terribly sorry for the dreadfully long wait. Feel free to skip my turn on this thread if necessary in the future. I don't mind having to work myself back in later.
[Image: 52ebd2e176c2b]
[Image: 525f791c057b6]HP: 60/60
"she came from the sea..."
Global permission granted to do anything at any time with/to Mermaid so long as it is survivable!
Tagging preferences: tag away! | Contact Preferences: PM please!
(Am I being sluggish?  Check my status HERE)
HELOVIA HARD MODE