the Rift

[OPEN] Big Blue Eyes

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi
demons run, but count the cost,
the battle's won, but the child is lost

Today Sacre followed Inari. His little paws and tiny body bumped along in front and Sacre kept his pace slow enough to follow behind, allowing the little fox his moment of glory at leading their adventure. Slowly, as the days passed by and the child grew, Inari was gaining more and more confidence, not too much to stray far from him, but enough to go out a little further on his own now and then. Sacre watched like he once watched his brother, with a caring eye and a tendency to join in with the fun, if anything the boy still watched Roux. The arrow braided into his tail was like his own personal 'brother monitor' and sometimes he wondered if his sibling would be angry if he knew about it. Knew that Sacre was always 'watching' in a way. Maybe he was intruding too much on Roux's life, maybe he was being insensitive by thinking his brother couldn't handle situations by himself, but Sacre couldn't help himself. He couldn't live without knowing if something had happened to Roux. At least now, if his twin was ever in any grave danger, he would know about it and hopefully, when the child grew bigger, Inari would be able to locate him through scent. Better than Sacre would on his own anyway. Yet, the burnt boy had to admit that if Roux ever saw and asked about the arrow then he didn't know whether he could tell the truth.

For now he focussed on the change in terrain from grass to sand and suddenly there was a big grin across his boyish features. He'd only ever been to the beach once and that time had been wondrous in itself, the Earth God had been there! This time the boy was not so fortunate in company, but the beauty of the beach and its tempting spaces was great all the same and he sped off in front of a disgruntled Inari who was enjoying his time leading the way for once. The tiny child yapped in protest with his eyes filling with tears and Sacre had to return before his heart broke from guilt. The fox certainly knew how to pull the big sad eyes to get what he wanted that was for sure!

Sacre trotted back, swishing his tail and was almost upon his vulpine friend when he darted quickly to the right, spraying sand all over the shocked fox who rolled over, tail thrashing from side to side. The mini fight then ensued with Inari not really managed to do much other than hide under Sacre's own body and try leg the poor boy up. All in all the sun was shining and it was a happy day for bonding.

@[Merida] & Open!!
Image Credits

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Merida Posts: 49
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3 :: Three Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Miles :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Emily

Merida
Chase the Wind and Touch the Sky

Today was like any other day... Well not really. Miles had hatched now, so instead of being alone all the time the young girl with was the young kitsune twenty four hours a day. He was like her brother of sorts, but she was the protective big sister.

The other new thing was, Merida had a Dad.... Could you really even call him a Dad? She barely knew him after all. Her mind began to spin with the words echoing in her mind "I'm not the best at situations like this - however from what you've said, and going by the time I, ahem, knew your mother, I have reason to believe I may be your father." He said he knew her, but yet he had not stayed with her to see the child she carried for him. Yes, Merida already knew about the birds and the bees. The Old Mare who had raised her for the first six months of her life had told her as much. She had to, when the girl started asking why her Momma died when she arrived in the world.

In a way, she and her Dad had caused her Momma's death.... It was her birth.... Her Dad's knowing her Momma.... Momma from what the Old Mare said must of barely been in her first heat when set met her Dad. Young and naive. He must of take advantage of this.... What did that mean for her Dad? Was he always this cruel to others?

The sound of play caught Merida's ears first. It had been months, since she was barely three months old, that the girl had gotten to play. Without hesitation the girl with little Miles in tow charged forward. The kitsune quickly fell behind the girl which was probably a good thing. The girl on the other hand raced forward before throwing her weight to her hind legs and skidding to a stop near the colt and his fox, spraying sand everywhere. She grinned, please with herself as Miles finally caught up. The little guy tumbles over himself and rolls to flop out on his back just beyond the girl's front hooves. "Hope you don;t mind if we join in.." That's when she saw it. Upon his head was a strange thing. It stuck out from his forehead. Without thinking the girl blurted out. "What's that on your head?"

"blah blah blah."
@[Sacre] - Sorry it took so long

Faeanne Posts: 61
Outcast
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3hh :: 2 Years :: Birdsong
TierRen

Faeanne

Take advantage of my heart and I'll go back into the dark

Gods, you lead me to a land of sands and waters today. You watch silently upon your thrones as my tiny hooves dig into the damp sand, the sun's rays boring onto my back assuring me that you, the Sun God, is watching over me. And the rest of you of course. I look out into the waves, toothless gums showing in a pathetic smile. I stamp my feet, sending particles soaring through the air, I watch them as I continue to stomp, the feathers on my growing wings rustling with every movement. I play for a few moments, happy nickers running from my maw and floating on the crisp air. I am vulnerable. Do you even care? 

The wind stirs slightly and I stop myself, looking around, suddenly worried? Can the wind hurt me? Can it blow me away? Wait... What is wind? I look to the Heavens and give you a confused snort, then look back to ground level to find two other horses playing. I guess I have a short attention span. Belting a long and loud whinny, my small ribs show through my hide, and I start of at a clumsy and awkward trot, coming up to the duo with a large, toothless smile. Wait Wait Wait. Hold up. What is that thing on it's head? I lean forward to the boy. What the heck? I then turn to the girl. Why doesn't she have wings? I am in the land of misfits or something Gods? I cock my head confused, but soon giggle, the thoughts fading away. "Hi! I am Faeanne!  What's your name?" I jump with joy, stopping mid air and staring at the thing by the boy's side. Why don't you teach me what these things are, Gods? I glance around, but soon my puzzlement is yet again replaced by a smile. 

"blah blah blah."

Image Credits

please tag Fae in all posts
link to thread tracker

Happiness was an infectious emotion that sunk into the skin and lifted spirits, it formed smiles and created friendships; Sacre and Inari danced in its euphoria. However, they weren't alone for long as another rumble of youthful legs joined in the fun and skidded to a halt beside him, sending sand flying everywhere including the young sooty boy who squinted through the scattering of grains until finally he could open his eyes fully to the beaming girl before him. She was a beautiful contrast of colour like sun kissed rocks on a snowy day, her eyes a spring time green and her face a whirl of uplifting smiles. Sacre stared back startled for a moment, her entrance had completely taken him by surprise, but finally he broke into gales of laughter and proffered his head in greeting. "I don't mind at all" he replied simply before she charged on into her question and Sacre's face changed into one of confusion. My head? What does she- Oh! There was only one thing on his head after all, but it was the first time anyone had ever asked what it was.

"You mean my horn?" He asked with an amused voice as his eyes turned in to try look at it and his face became a goofy expression. His antics lasted as long as it took for the second voice to kick in and Sacre to notice the second appearance of a another young filly whose brown fur was splattered in gold and feathered appendages. Her face framed by pale locks and Sacre admired the way she could simply hang in mid-air, what a thing it must be to be able to fly. His father would disagree naturally and Sacre didn't understand what it was about the extra limbs or the hornless that his sire despised so much. Perhaps he was not seeing what d'Artagnan saw in these others. Whether he was smart or a fool remained to be seen.

She introduces herself as Faenne and Sacre smiles in greeting "hello Faenne! I'm Sacre and this is Inari" he nods and looks down to his bonded, noting for the first time that his fox wasn't looking at either Faenne or the grinning girl, but instead was staring in hurtful shock at the kitsune and Sacre sucked in a sharp breath. Just like Natraj! Inari was now convinced that every fox in the world had more tails than he did and that he had been born with some defect to only have one tail. He whined quietly at his misfortune and sat back on his haunches next to his sooty friend. "He's just like Natraj isn't he Inari!" Sacre laughed at his bonded who threw him a disgusted look and nodded glumly.
Image Credits

@[Merida] Sorry for the wait!

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Merida Posts: 49
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3 :: Three Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Miles :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Emily
Merida

Oh awesome! He didn't mind if we joined in! I could of pranced on the spot. He even answered my question about the thing on his head. It's called a horn. I wonder for a moment why I don't have one, but then I remember what my Dad had said about those with horns and wings. He said they were lesser beings than us. Well, He sure didn't seem any lesser than I am. In fact if you go by height, I would probably be the lesser being. Oh he was even making a silly face! I think I have my first new friend.

However it does not take long for another to join us. This time, she's younger than I am.... AND SHE HAS WINGS! This is the first time I've seen anyone outside of my own kind. The girl introduces herself at once, and the older boy followed suit. I guess it's my turn now. "I'm Merida, and this is Miles." I to look down, to see who this Inari was and oh boy! Miles gets a new friend too! I can barely contain my excitement. "I found him in a strange orb thing after I arrived here... But I don't know what he is.... He looks like a fox... But has to many tails from what I knew..." Miles looked up at me before rolling over to sit on his own haunches. His green eyes watched the fox carefully, wanting to play but not sure if Inari wanted to play or not.

I probably should of kept this part to myself, but I find myself blurting out. "My Dad says that those with horns and wings are in-inferior to us.... But you don't seem like that at all!" Yea, probably shouldn't of said that, but oh well. A girl has to learn somehow about the ways of this world... Might as well learn now before I become an adult and sound stupid.

"Talking"

@[Faeanne] @[Sacre] -Sorry for the wait!

quote quote quote quote quote
Image Credit

Please Tag Merida in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Merida at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Merida. It was a pretty name that ran off the tongue nicely and her companion had a suitably easy one to match. A pair that wouldn’t be forgotten by the colt in a hurry! A simple day at the beach had somehow attracted two young fillies with it, but Sacre wasn’t complaining, the company of similar wild eyed youth was always welcome in the colts books. He spent so much time trying to converse with adults he’d forgotten what it was like to have a simple conversation about nothing too important and relaxing in the glow of spring. He needed to do this more! The girl ploughed on in and explained to him the circumstance in which she had found her friend and Sacre tried to picture it in his mind. It sounded like a similar experience to his own hatching, apart from an orb not an egg, were all Kitsunes born via orbs? It seemed like a rather surreal thing. On that note, Sacre laughed gently and lowered his nose to snort softly at Miles. ”He’s a kitsune. My friend has one similar to him, except he’s a bit darker.” He informed the girl brightly, thinking fondly of Natraj and Tandavi.

The winged girl was quieter and in that opportunity Merida carried on talking, Sacre beginning to enjoy her refreshing company and finally he turned back to her butter coloured face as she blurted out words that were probably not meant for his ears. For a moment, the colt said nothing and simply stared at her dumbly in shock, surprised that the kind of thing his father believed in happened in other species too. It was almost enough to make his face contort in sadness, but out of all possible reactions the boy didn’t feel anger. How could he? She was like a bright bubble of innocence that no one should pop. Her youthful light was warm and endearing, instead she inspired a different reaction from him.

Sacre schooled his face to feign over theatrical offence with a sharp in take of breath before bursting out with laughter. Nor are you inferior to me he gently added to her blurted statement before he carried on with his performance, quickly reaching out his black nose to touch near her left shoulder with a soft nudge. ”I have a heart where you have a heart” he then retracted his nose and spurred his legs into life, kicking a wave of sand towards her. ”I have four legs like you too!” He laughed broadly then before standing still and looking her in the eyes, it was a lesson first learned from Mr Lace and a lesson that had slowly been added to as he went along in life.

”Am I so different from you?”
Image Credits

@[Merida]

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!