the Rift

[OPEN] And then I made a map

Lena the Songbird Posts: 663
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 4 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Imogen :: Common Kitsune :: Fire Heather
Whistles and bells, carols of the valorous, stalwart, staunch and devout, floated along the decibels and ruins, corridors and parlors, marked and flanked by conquistadors, explorers, sketched tributes amongst paragons. Whispers of salvation, wondrous and divine, dove and dipped from the boughs of trees to the roots of their token fir, bottled and finessed into their soft, springtime buoyancy. Carefree, fanciful, illustrious, stirred from the wood sprite eaves and the gallant nymphs, the fairy bowed her head against the breeze and etched a smile across her dainty lips. If she were capable of composing a sonnet, a symphony, for the mountains, the singsong croons and murmurs would never be enough to christen the terrain; her poor arrangements unworthy, unbecoming. Each time she crossed over the borders of her home, she thanked the snowflakes, the cracked, webbed stones, the unsung glaciers, the summits and crowns, the frigid, wild, untamed kingdom that ceased and bowed to no one. Only a season ago they’d been taken from its shelter, from its brambles, from its thorns, and immersed, trapped, cloistered into deep fathoms of the unknown, captured and restrained in the pits of sanctuary, darkness, strange, chaotic upheaval. To be back within the hold of beauty, of danger, of aloof pathways and unwinding hymns, was a relief, and she cherished every moment spent within its broadening wake, sheltered in its storms, nestled in its caverns. Now, she extended the bounty of its nature to another, an endless, unyielding pattern of guidance and serenity; chasing the stars, the moon, the sun, in a quiet, hopeful revival, clockwork growth, vestiges of yesteryear. Tangled strands and tassels invoked the opulence of newfound hope and glory through a stranger’s welcome, the layers and lacquer softened and then hardened, stories, mythos, legends lending to tapestries and constellations, beacons and beckoning for the new mare pressing her soul into the crescendos of eternal grandeur, Siberia, prowess, and diligence. If Iyana longed for the shadows of her massifs again, she didn’t need to look any further.

The Time Mender glanced back towards her companion, winked as she extended her grin, her bearings, her features rendered for the peaks upon the pale mare. Imogen pressed closer, chirped and trilled as the icy realm came into view, then scampered into the threshold and batted against remnants of flakes and snow, leaving the two in conversation and wonder. Lena’s gaze drifted back along the fascinating columns of towering peaks, the statue of Ulrik’s engineering nearby (a Colossus of Rhodes, with no feeling but apathy and indifference), pouring the heartfelt tales of her land through the powdered wake. “Welcome to the Basin, Iyana.” She grinned again, spun information through the honeyed essence of her tone, of her voice, melodious and kind, tender and warm, breaking through the calloused edges of winter’s everlasting expanse. “We’re led by Lord Deimos and Lady Illynx, and a hold a variety of ranks.” She paused, hummed a little beneath the harmonious fixtures and the illustrious banks, directed her full fixation towards the ice maiden – and though convinced of her strength, remained entirely unaware of her pursuits, her interests. “Some prefer engineering, weaving mechanical forces. Others enjoy the art of stealth, warrior prowess, or scholarly pursuits.” The songbird ceased again, broadened another wink across the surfaces of ditties and strains. “I specialize in healing.” The world broadened beyond their fingertips, their hoof beats, their ambitions and aspirations, yet, there was always a way to prosper purpose, foundations, and nurture the qualities of life. She’d danced along those roads, stoked fires of mending, assuaging, repairing, whittled and carved away the remnants of hardship, of lacerations and lesions. But what did Iyana wish for? And if something didn’t come to mind, could she be steered down the right trail, solidified and encouraged? “Do you have any specific interests or goals?”

[For @[Iyana] and anyone else willing to welcome her into the Basin! ^__^
her passions are made of nothing but the finest part of pure love
LENA
Credit URL

Iyana Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Iyana
so we bend. so we break

There is a certain despondency that always seems to cling to the roots of mountains, a morose shadow of blackness and unsmiling diligence. Weathered by a thousand storms and slung forth from ruptures of the earth, there is something decidedly commanding about the erratic surface of rock, pillars lacerating the depths of the skies, stark and defiant and ever unyielding. Safety, some might dig from these shadows while they taste like dread and abyss to others. In truth, these colossal sentinels are merely rock and ice and whatever meaning they might be filigreed in will always be affixed upon their stalwart shoulders by the vain and fanciful creatures that look upon them and dwell in the nooks and crannies of their underbellies.

Perception, in its very essence, is a complex, undulating thing, and it should not be a surprise that the two perceive the majestic backdrop they come unto quite differently. “Thank you, Lena,” Iyana murmurs while glancing upwards at the colossus whose still and unlikely presence there – so perfect against the grim imperfections of the mountain – she cannot understand. She does not lament it, however, and leaves the statue outside further contemplation, finding herself slung from ear to hip with the heavy burden of memory. Inconspicuous as it may seem and lacking of great deeds, her past is riddled with the presence of mountains. North-born and snow-cold the young mare is fostered harshly by the unforgiving mother of orphanhood and silent rock. Despite her famine and despair, in-between whipping gusts of snow and the horror of weathering storms; storms that accommodated and amplified her loneliness by illuminating the dark mountainsides and conjuring all sorts of wraiths and monsters from within their silent troves of callous mystery, Iyana never felt truly alone, ever protected by the mountains. And now she finds herself in that perceived shadow of despondency again – fearful as a child might be of the stern father’s hand but equally comforted by the familiar crispness of air, the bleakness of light spilling and refracting against uncompromising rock. She considers the question for a moment, and knows that the mountains will not aid her in finding a suitable answer. She also considers Lena and the vocation she has chosen for herself, or perhaps been forcefully slung into, albeit Iyana doubts that such would be the case – she wonders why and how but does not voice that curiosity. Just as the Moorish nature that the mountains harness, Lena seems to be riddled with the qualities that would befit a healer. That certainty, and the way she seems anchored to the rock of equal parts benevolence and stability, of course – there is an explanation for everything, a pattern wherein all parts fit. “I’m not a fighter,” she admits with a shrug that bears neither shame nor pride, “I fight better than most if I must but I take no pleasure in violence,” such fancies are reserved for the injudicious, she wants to add, but decides that it would be too unwise, too soon. Instead she slips a short pause between them, glancing down at Imogen who moves with the lightness of a whirlwind. “I do not condone thievery because I was never taught how to appreciate the alleged subtlety of stealing things and I do not know how to build things either. I do however speak well and they say I’ve got a mind on me, so I guess I am fashioned into the fate of scholars,” this she says matter-of-factly as she looks back at Lena, her eyes aglow with a mischievous smile.

“Healing, I think, is not a task that would suit me too well – I tend to break things into a million little pieces rather than mending that which is broken.”

Lena the Songbird Posts: 663
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 4 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Imogen :: Common Kitsune :: Fire Heather
How strange, the nymph thought, as she stared from mountain to maiden, mulling over the portions of life-altering routes, travels and all the world stages they’d come to claim. They were all composed for different hymns, different songs, different symphonies and orchestras, and while Iyana rumbled through her gifts, the fairy puzzled and paused, strove to meet the damned and nameless. I’m not a fighter - though neither had she been, until the realm called for it, commanded she revel in violence, that she dance within the rapture of villainy, twist and shout with her heathen brethren until they beat back monsters or tucked their heads into vanquished tethers, and realizing that she’d do it all over again for the sake of her herd, her kingdom. I do not condone thievery… and Lena wanted to laugh, because she knows the impersonators and swindlers chiseled into their band (sweet Arah, wise Faelene, knightly Roland), loved them as dearly as she cherished the sky, the earth, the sun, the snow, how each role was meant to shape and fashion the land into power and regality. I do not know how to build things either..: the sienna figure bet against the notion; there were many a ruin to fashion and mold back into whatever they wished, whatever they longed to nourish, touch and portray – the ivory mare had more powers she longed to grant herself, and Lena itched to delve into them, grab the inner potency and show her glory, ability, capacity, and capability. Healing wasn’t a shard she wanted to polish either, and when Iyana finally resolved her affluence, the fey’s smile grew, her head tilted, and she shared the remnants of her joviality with the newfound maiden. “I’m sure you are far more capable than you believe.” Her eyes coasted back towards the summits, stared at their brutality, at their force, at their undying vigilance, then scattered along the frame of the other mare, and wished many things for her. She didn’t need strength, she didn’t crave potency, but perhaps confidence, yes, conviction, faith, assurance in her efforts, in her rapture, in her reveries, granted opportunities for courage and mettle to grow, root, blossom in her stead. Even as mischief unraveled, hinted along the ghost of her smile, Lena followed suit, beckoned the chase of exotic fervor, beautiful splendor, wild, unsung opulence. Iyana had room to sprout and thrive, and the maiden longed to ensure it was cultivated, sprung from the idle whims of their fanciful natures. “I shall have to introduce you to our scholars and emissaries then. They would love to revel in another’s knowledge and lend you their own.”

A wink followed, then a nod, a tumbling of strides invoking dance, melee, strings and courtyards, widened hallways and parlors to etch and sketch freedom. She followed Imogen as she sprang ahead, loosened her untamed abandon into nature’s eager guise and gaze, and Lena strived to conjure wisdom and proficiency where she could. Between her lips, the labyrinth bloomed, until she spilled forth all of its idle wiles and capricious pursuits, singsong dreams and valorous munitions. “Come! I'll give you a tour.” She paused briefly, constantly offering and bestowing, selfless and benevolent, arms open wide to let the sun and new comrades in. “Will we journey to the cave of the Haruspex, first?” Her eyes danced, gestured to each named quandary. “Or the hot springs? The lake?”

@[Iyana]
her passions are made of nothing but the finest part of pure love
LENA
Credit URL