the Rift

[OPEN] Who's tongue is sharper?

Déodat Posts: 174
Absent Abyss atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hands :: 12 HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Odette :: White German Shepherd :: None Minx
déodat,

Spring had come with a new light, it melted the snow of the north and brought warmth. As morning light poured into his cave, Dèodat felt himself slowly waking. There was a pawing at his leg, and then a soft whine. Reluctantly, his eyes opened and he looked down at the white pup at his feet. Her tail wagged back and forth at a million miles an hour. A rare smile passed over his lips at the sight of his bonded.

"Good morning Odette," He lowered his nose and touched it to hers. The pup licked him several times before he lifted his nose and gestured for the pup to follow. First and foremost he found his bonded food, which she devoured viciously. Then he found a meal of his own. Once he ate his fill, the Blood Prince set out on his morning patrols. As he walked, Odette pranced about behind him, at her age the world was hers to look at and explore. Dèodat only intended to interfere with her fun if she got into trouble.

Some enjoyed company of others while out checking the land, but Dèodat found the solitude time to think and allow more focus. As he reached the border, trouble was nowhere to be found. He glanced at the two sentinels, the watchers of the entrance and guardians of the Basin. Dèodat looked over at his white pup, who had decided beside the Sentinels foot was a good place to piss. "The Engineer will kill you, and I'll let him make a kerchief out of you." He laughed softly as he continued on his way, today would be a good day to show his bonded the world beyond the mountains.

By the time they reached the meadow, the sun was high in the sky. Dèodat took his time to graze, while the pup ran about in the grass, yapping as she went. God knows where she was going, and he wouldn't get in the way of her fun. There was a field of grass to devour and enjoy.

[ @[Agrona]
Open I guess, but Agrona first please.]

"Speech speech speech"

[Image: QV8O7HU.gif]
Cut from the cloth, of a flag that
Bears the name of "Battle Born"
con by aihnna@dA

Agrona Posts: 115
Hidden Falls Tiro atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Seven HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
Agrona | Carnage

A high pitched yip had caused my ears to slam back against pale white hair, my laced snout lifting into the air simultaneously from the heavily vegetated earth. The half-chewed grass sticking out of the side of my dark lips wiggled in a soft breeze, only to be sucked back into rotating jaws and ground up into liquid grass. The barks were random and quiet, perhaps only carried by the wind, but whatever it was that was creating the racket on this quiet day was going to die. The newly found steel hole in my ear was strange and was probably going to take some time to get used to; every time the wind passed through, I could feel it go through my ear! I hadn't been able to see it myself yet, and I cannot remember how in god's name it got there.. but it's there. This has caused the random twitching to become even more frequent and irritating.

I had found this place of peace not very long ago, and every time I've visited it's been relaxing and far away from everyone. Except for this time.. apparently. Another yap sends my irrational nerves through the roof and I begin to press on toward the nuisance, silky forelock twisting around the dual antlers that jut from my crown. It doesn't take long before my long legs have found their way around a cluster of rocks that separates the mountain side and another open field; I can see a red-hued body in the distance, and instantly I realize that the yapper is probably with him. God damn it. I sigh outwardly, my ears lifting slightly from my poll.

Whether or not other beings want me around, I somehow always seem to appear. This stranger seems to be doing the same that I had been: getting away. My right ear swivels forward, deep lilac eyes trying to make out any distinct patterns or figures attached to the stallion. Perhaps this would turn out like the meeting had with the Mammoth.. that would be entertaining. Fucker. Finally, I decide to meet the stranger. Both ears perk forward and I begin to walk toward the stranger, long legs swiftly carrying me in a bouncy walk toward the unicorn. As I near, caution shades my body and I allow my ears to turn backward again, my happy bob now dropping into a curious stalk.

I pause a comfortable distance away, keeping about three body-lengths between us just incase this son of a bitch ended up being a cunt just like that Mammoth had. Now that I was close and could make out the ruby gem atop Pretty Boy 2's skull, I felt the need to preen and make myself look even more suitable. "Is your pup always so noisy?" My raspy voice is hard, laced with the slightest hint of irritation, but I cannot let myself get off of the wrong foot with everyone, can I? The corners of my lips turn upward, an attempt at a genuine smile spreading slowly across dark features.

Walking "Talking" Thinking
Tagged: @[Déodat]
Ooc: I'm sorry for the long wait!

Credits: code by Tamme | Image by Sarah | Stock Credits in the Link

Let me tell you something baby
You love me for everything you hate me for
[Image: 542f83afbdf08]
  • Please tag me in every post!

déodat,

It didn’t take long for another to draw near. Déodat scented them before he saw the individual. The Blood Prince ignored their presence until they spoke. His blue gaze flicked over to the mare and the first thing he noted was the two horns upon her head. So, he was in the presence of one of his own kind, that at least would make him a bit more grace giving for the disruption of his solitude. He lifted his head once he swallowed his mouthful of grass. No smile passed over his lips like the mare, but the light in his eyes told he wasn’t displeased by her presence.

“I’m afraid so,” Déodat responded, his tone light and oozing with dry humor, despite the mare’s irritation. “I’m afraid she’s a wild little bitch, so I gave up trying to get her to shut up. Pups will be pups I suppose.” His eyes glanced over to the white figure as she crawled through the grass toward the stranger. Déodat could sense her overwhelming excitement through their bond, and he knew full well what excitement meant for Odette. The white shepherd began yapping incessantly at the stranger, her ears pricked forward and her tail wagging a million miles an hour. One ear flicked back against his skull and he decided he had finally had enough. Odette He said, his tone harsh, despite it being through their mental bond as he looked down at the pup. “If you don’t shut up, I will slice your vocal cords with my horn, so help me gods.”

That did no good and simply seemed to encourage her all the more. Odette trotted up to the mare and began to sniff her hoof before jumping up onto her hindlegs and attempted to place her front paws onto the mare’s front leg. Déodat rolled his eyes, sighed, and shook his head. Females were truly impossible. Tell them one thing and they do another. He walked over and grasped the pup with his jaws by the scruff of her neck and dragged her back to his side, and dropped her at his own hooves.

“Odette is friendly if you can’t tell,” Déodat said as his frown deepened. For a long moment he glared at the pup who simply looked back at him with a gleeful expression. “I’m Déodat, I suppose I should at least introduce myself after the behavior of my companion.” His place of residence of course would remain hidden in case he stumbled upon one of the Edge hippies with their sermons of love, equality, and peace. Their rainbows and sparkles view on life could make any proud unicorn barf, well, if they were capable of barfing.

"Speech speech speech"

@[Agrona]
con by aihnna@dA

Agrona Posts: 115
Hidden Falls Tiro atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Seven HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
Agrona | Carnage

With the dullest signs of interest, the stallion looked up at me finally after I had spoke, his deep eyes landing on me before he had a chance to respond. No smirk or tight lipped frown decorated his face, just a rotating jaw as he finished the remains of his solitary meal; boredom and total disinterest is all that I could see from this. I had at least expected a chance to be looked up and down or even shown some sign of interest. Instead, I get: "I'm afraid so." Unimpressed with his unimpressed reaction, my right eyebrow arches.

"I'm afraid she's a wild little bitch-" I let a small laugh slip between velvet lips, wild lilac eyes shifting from the blood bay down to the white ball of hair moving toward us. She stops a short distance away, her tail beginning to whip back and forth as all of the excitement escaped her body in more annoying, ear shattering barks. Both ears lay back against my neck instantly, top lip wrinkling in irritation. So badly do I just want to go stomp on that dog's skull? Pretty fucking badly. The white canine bounces toward me, her naïve mind finding it safe to lower her skull to my feet. A wet nose wiggles at my pristine feet, but it doesn't take more than a second before she is wheeling her little paws at me.

Annoyed and slightly off put by the thought of muddy paws on my clean legs, I recoil back, lowering my snout where the young dog sits. She goes quiet as the stud latches onto her neck, pulling her back to his side to get her to finally shut the fuck up. "Odette is friendly if you can't tell." His attention is still focused completely on his companion as he speaks, giving me a half of a second to complain; "If that's what you'd call it." My violet eyes drop down to my dark legs to check for any mess that the dog may have made, but thankfully nothing had stuck to me. God damn animals.

Finally the white-splashed stallion introduced himself, that careless tone still laced into the back of his words. Must just be an asshole I sigh in my conscience. Though... I probably shouldn't be a hypocrite, I am usually the exact same way. Fuck, for the longest time when I had first gotten here I would usually just stand and stare. "Agrona." I reply, ears finally lifting from my starch mane in order to sit up right on either sides of my twisted antlers.

Walking "Talking" Thinking
Tagged: @[Déodat]
Ooc: So, soo sorry for the wait. Sometimes her and I don't mix at all..

Credits: code by Tamme | Image by Sarah | Stock Credits in the Link

Let me tell you something baby
You love me for everything you hate me for
[Image: 542f83afbdf08]
  • Please tag me in every post!

déodat,

Déodat joined in with her laughter at the comment. He watched the mare’s dislike towards his companion and amusement appeared on his face. Odette was obnoxious, he wouldn’t even try to deny that but he still had to admit there was something oddly endearing about her. He flicked his tail and shook his head slowly. “Yeah, she is. A wild, fucking annoying bitch that assumes everyone is her friend. One day it’ll land her a kick in the face.” He snort and shook his head. “Thanks for not kicking her in the face I suppose, I’m sure it was and still is incredibly tempting.” Humor laced his tone. This mare struck him as one that could give him witty retorts, that was the sort of company he enjoyed. Even if he craved solitude often he would still sacrifice his alone time for a session of sarcasm.

As the mare stepped away from her, Odette of course was confused by this. How could someone not love her. Déodat rolled his eyes at her. This dog was a thorn in his side and he pondered why he had ever taken that egg. Of course he knew he never meant such thoughts, but perhaps it would drop a hint for Odette to once and awhile actually behave.

If that’s what you call it. That drew a smirk upon his face and a soft snicker. “That is the polite title. It’s true name is ‘annoying little shit that assumes everyone likes her’. Really a dangerous quality to have when so few actually do, it’s healthier to know when others hate you. Or at least I find it much easier to get through life to embrace other’s disdain towards me.” His gaze flickered down to Odette and then back towards the mare as she introduced herself. “It’s a pleasure Agrona.” He wouldn’t pry into the place that she called home, that may get a bit too intrusive for such a potentially unfriendly encounter.

"Speech speech speech"

@[Agrona]
[So sorry for the wait ;-;]
con by aihnna@dA