the Rift

[OPEN] couch potatos don't grow well here [birth]

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee

Aurelia
Keep your head up, keep your heart strong.

"talk talk talk"

My serpent, Shilva, is being babysat for a little while. The little snake loves his nanny. She's a sweet little mare. I made sure Shilva knew not to bite her, like she did with those now dead squirrels and rabbits. The copper snake, despite being young, is quite playful and energetic. In my overly pregnant fat stage, I can't play with her in fear I might step on her, and recently I've been extremely tired.

I guess I am due?

That thought hasn't exactly crossed my mind. Giving birth isn't really a common occurrence for me. Is it painful? Is it enjoyable? IS A TINY PONY REALLY GOING TO CANTER OUT OF ME? Will my stomach sag after having birth? I have so many birth questions, and to my knowledge... There is no guide nor manual for the experience of birth. Unless I make one, there probably never will be a manual.

I sink to the floor, allowing my body to rest under the canopy of green and moist floor. The bitter chill of winter no longer crippling and killing the plants, allowing us to forage, to get fat.

So as of now, I'm far from fully rested and lively. I've put on a few extra pounds aside from having a child grow inside of me. From what I remember, mares never get this round and heavy when they get pregnant. Why am I the exception to that rule? My coat is shaggy and of a dim color. My wings dirty and in need of serious cleaning and bathing.

Then, pain.

A pain spreads across my stomach, making me wince and shudder. It's unlike anything I've felt before. I could compare it to a stabbing, aching-like feeling. It's very unusual. Normally, I'd be fascinated and want to know more, but right now, there is nothing I can do, but lay there. A few more moments of pain, then my body lays flat on it's side. Now, I guess that I'm either dying or giving birth.

I'll leave out the gory details. Basically, the next few minutes go like this: Pain, pain, foal, relaxation, sleepiness, pain, pain, worry, concern, foal #2, surprise.
Yea, two foals! The first is an adorable little boy. His coat is much like Voodoo's (thankfully not Rostislav's). His mane and tail are a grey color then fade to red. His eyes also bloody red. He has a gold marking and a red marking on his body and socks that are colored the same way. He has a small bump on his head. Maybe that is where a proud horn will grow? Excitement bubbles within me, but I can't do much with it, for I am also fatigued. My worry fades after a little while. Yea, their Voodoo's. Then the second is a dark-colored little girl. Her coat is solid black with slightly grey-brown legs. Her wings are also dark, like her small bode, with lighter wing tips. Her mane is stark, and so is her tail, but her tail is quick to turn golden. This white to color feature was quite noticeable on Rostislav. Now, I am confused. Why do they look like two different stallions? Perhaps there were features on Voodoo that looked like Rosti and that's why she looks like that. Right?

I don't knowwwww. This is really freaky, and if it weren't for my sleepiness, I would be up and about looking for those damned stallions. They did this. Well, actually, I guess in a way, I helped them do this, but they were the ones to get on me, not me on them. So, I can blame them mostly and me slightly. The thing is, now I have TWO foals to look after.

Possibly one.

There is one mare that comes to mind... Africa. I'm nearly 100% sure Africa would love to take care of one of them, but is it really okay to just dump a foal with her? And which one? Deep with in me, I know if I gave her a foal it'd be the girl. The boy is Voodoo's for sure, and I'm ecstatic about that. I'm not at all embarrassed of his lineage, but with the girl.. I'm unsure about her lineage. If it is possible to have twins with two different fathers, that has obviously just happened. The girl's lineage consists of a drunk coward.

I'm not proud of her.

Of course, I will not treat her differently... I think. The only problem is... How am I supposed to care for twins? I can't. I think I'd have a meltdown. Literally, I'm two years old.... That is really young. I'm already with two foals. Hell, does that mean I'm going to have more babies? How many babies do mares usually have? Why do I have so many questions?

I need help, but I can't do anything right now. All I do is rest on the floor with my nearly born babies, that I lick gently, cleaning them. What shall I name these little ponies? "Ryuu, maybe?" I chuckle softly and bump my muzzle gently on Ryuu's little body. Will he like his name as he grows up? "Something feminine for you... maybe Fae?" My muzzle then dances towards the small girl who immediately scoots closer.

What. Do. I. Do. Now.

ooc:; @[Faeanne]

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.

Ryuu Posts: 28
Outcast
Colt :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 1 Year
Mali :: Rough Collie :: None Brit

Momma, why is the world so cruel? Why are we all so inherently selfish?

I'm not much of anything. I'm no newborn hero awaiting my destiny, no chivalrous knight to chase away the sorrow in broken hearts. There is a blaze in all of us, Momma. I look down at my chest and all I see is the shyest ember. It glows in me, Momma, but I cannot feel its heat warming me. I feel only cold. I look down at that glow sometimes, and I see it in all those around me. They burn so bright, Momma, that sometimes it hurts. They are all so beautiful, Momma, basking in their color, in their light. And I fade behind their flames, Momma. I'm not beautiful. But my ember glows, Momma. I glow. I have something so long as I can glow. I live. I'm no hero, no messiah or prophet, I am a whisper of a name, a piece of a memory. Easily forgotten and unmentioned in a world I have yet to claim as one I belong to.

But I cannot lay in here any longer. I am made ever smaller by the beautiful, blazing soul beside me. She will outshine me in every way, Momma. I can tell you will love her, she is bright like you. I am dark. I am quietude and reverence, rumination and isolation. I embody all that keeps you strong, and yet I am so easily overlooked. I am the shadow her flames cast, a necessity, yet never something that draws the eyes. Will I ever be able to accept this role I am born to play? Or will I fight? Will I claw for brilliance? Will I damn all that will ever make me weak, that you cursed me with, Momma? Will you support me or leave me to my pain?

Momma, in this world full of greed...perhaps you are the worst.

The world hurts. I will come, in time, to know that it will always hurt. Until the Gods smile down on me, I will know nothing but pain. But Momma, if I am a shadow...why would something so perfect take notice of me? I am meek, silent, as I lay beside you. I open my eyes, and I see you Momma.

I want to hate you.

I'm too lonely to.

I am a freak. I am blood on gold, a tainted substance thick and disgusting on a metal too precious for my disease. I gaze up at you from two worlds, blood and gold. I am a freak, Momma. So I lay upon the land I've been placed upon, and I stare into the distance. There is no motivation for me, and yet I try to stand. Momma, it hurts! Momma, why have you hurt me like this? My voice cries out for you, and I sag beneath the weight I have been given. I am no hero. Why have I been given a hero's burden?

Momma, why could you not have killed me, then? This world is too cruel for me.

Ed Ivanushkin @ flickr

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!