Destiny Calling

Mads Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

MADSINEX

& THESE VOICES CALL OUT TO ME...

... I THINK IT SOUNDS LIKE DESTINY

WHEN THE DUST AROUND ME

settled back to the land, and at last I could catch a shivering breath without choking on the earthen floor, I let myself lie still for a moment. Dragging in dry, heaving breaths, I sighed wearily. My head had a dull ache resonating through it, each beat of my heart sending a loud pulsing noise through my ears, bringing with it a pain that made my stomach churn. I licked my lips with my dry, sandpaper tongue. Bits of dirt sent a slightly bitter taste running through me, and my stomach made a noise I could only describe as comical. Apparently, dirt residue doesn't satisfy. Lifting my face from the moist soil I forced myself to roll upwards so I could survey the area. Clumps of grass and dirt fell from my cheek, but I paid them no attention. I was too busy looking at the rich lands around me.

A STRANGE SENSE OF UNEASE

overcame me. Something like panic caused icy fingers of fear to crawl up my spine and make my hair stand on end. I didn't know where I was. The realization dawned on me, and all at once the fear seemed to consume me. I tried desperately to search my mind for something, anything to tell me where I was... But there was nothing. The only thing I could think was "Madsinex." The funny thing was, I instinctively knew that was my name. Where I came from, how I got here, where I was, how old I was, who my parents were... It was all lost. It was like, here as I woke was the first day of my life. Trust me, it isn't a pleasant feeling.

THE PAIN IN MY HEAD SUBSIDED

as the fear within grew more. Thrusting my thin legs out in front of me, I pushed myself off the hard ground. A wave of dizziness passed over me as I teetered momentarily, but with a deep breath I regained my balance. I shook off my dusty coat, and took a shaky step forward. Auds flickered upon my head, as I caught the screeching sounds of birds of prey overhead. Smaller birds sang their songs, flitting between branches to take cover. My stomach still knotted with tension, I found myself wishing I could also take cover. I wandered aimlessly for a few moments, tense and uncomfortable in my new surroundings. The eerie silence was nearly unbearable, and so after what seemed like hours, I let out a shy nicker. Eager and afraid all at once, I listened anxiously for a returning call.

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
E L S A
Pottery and ventriloquy, candle making..

Interjected between work and bonding was recruiting. Ever since she had been able to corral the unicorn, what was his name again? Fraub maybe?, back to the Falls, she had found a rekindled sense of purpose. Not to mention, the foliage and scenery in the Threshold was just as nice as in the Falls. The towering trees and lush foliage provided much shade from the growing heat of Birdsong. It was only a matter of time before humidity and heat crippled and burned her skin in the harsh rays of summer.

Elsa meandered along, picking at the occasional bush or piece of foliage. A little tune was stuck in her head as she hummed merrily along, thinking of the future ahead of her. A mundane thought really, but it was one that plagued her nonetheless. Would she be a mother? Would she find true love? Would she see her sister again? All of these thoughts were bumbling around in her head like a pinball machine, and the only thing keeping her from thinking about it was this song. It had a haunting melody, and glided mysteriously though in a sharp key before whimsically diving back down again. It reminded her much of an underwater palace, a place that is filled with mysterious mermen and women.

That was when a call pulled her from her day-dreaming. It sounded eager, yet had a restrained undertone. It was indeed very curious. Elsa picked up a little pace, and in a few moments she was right near a palomino mare. Equine no doubt, unless she had some invisible horns or wings. That'd be freaking crazy. Elsa offered a small nod, and a smile to the shorter mare. "Hello there. I'm Elsa. Are you looking for a home?" She inquired, getting straight to the point. Generally, the people who came through the threshold were looking for a home, so she was safe to assume that right?
words 321 | tags @[Mads] | ooc Welcome to Helovia!!

Table by Vossity
Credits
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Mads Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

MADSINEX

SO THEY WHISPER, CALLING MY NAME

SINISTER LAUGHTER, MOCKING ALL DAY...

IT DIDN'T TAKE LONG FOR ME

to hear the sounds of an approaching form. I stood frozen in the early morning sun, muscles tense beneath my scrawny form. I twitched nervously, my pale blonde hide pulled and stretched taught over the bones in my stomach and hips. Everything around me seemed to slow so that I could feel my every pulse, hear the whisper of my breath as it filled my lungs and rolled back out into the world again. My eyes and ears stayed pointed directly towards the sounds of the stranger coming my way. I tried to tell myself to stay calm, but the situation seemed so daunting that it was near impossible.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT I WAS EXPECTING

but the intruding form of a shockingly beautiful icy white mare was not it. As she drew close to me, I could feel myself staring, but I was so taken aback by her unearthly beauty that I had a hard time drawing my eyes away. I was suddenly, and brutally aware of all of my imperfections-- my matted mane, my patchy, dirty coat, my misshapen form, undernourished and sickly. I heard her speak to me, and I understood what she was asking, but I was still dumbfounded by her appearance. "You... you have wings?" I whispered without thought. Once the words had so carelessly fallen from my mouth, I realized what I had said and hurried to correct myself. "Oh! Sorry, I uhm. Elsa. Nice to meet you, I'm Madsinex." I mumbled gracelessly. Way to make an ass of yourself, Mads. Wouldn't want to try and sound eloquent, would you? I chastised myself. I forced myself to lift my glassy blue eyes to hers and put an impish smile on my face. "I don't really know what I'm doing... But a home wold be nice." I spoke. I was desperately trying to remember anything from my past-- did I already have a home? Had I met other equines with stunning looks and unusual markings and wings? My lack of recollection was infuriating.

I WONDERED TO MYSELF WHAT

a home in this new (is it new, I can't remember?!) world would be like. Was I in Elsa's home right now, is that how she had found me? Was I trespassing? Were all of the animals of this place so strange and captivating? How did things around here work, and why couldn't I remember if I already knew these things or not? This day had only just started, and already I felt exhausted. I decided then that as long as I didn't have any memories from my past, that I would simply have to focus on the present. A home was a good place to start, it seemed. And having some friends, a safe place, maybe that would allow me to calm down... And maybe after that my past would come back to me. I waited for Elsa to counter my faltering response, hoping to myself that she wasn't going to lead me to my death. I shifted my weight nervously, trying to make polite eye contact without staring. I hate to admit, I was not always successful.

tag. @[Elsa]
ooc. thanks!! i'm excited to be rping again. :3

Sevin the Sucky, I mean are you a # or vacuum? Posts: 161
OOC Account
Mare :: Other :: 5'5" :: 25
Sevin
Hey Mads, I edited your two posts here for you already, but you need to add
Code:
</table>
at the end to keep it from messing up our page code. Thanks!! Welcome to the site :D

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
E L S A
Pottery and ventriloquy, candle making..

Elsa giggled at the wings thing. Everyone always, well, not everyone, but most from the Threshold had never seen a pair of wings, unless they themselves were a pegasus. Elsa smiled and extended them a little. "These old things? Yes, they're wings, but i'm a pegasus." She started, and figured then she probably should bring up unicorns too, figuring she'd probably had only lived with equines in the past. "There are more of me here, and unicorns. They've got giant stick things coming out of their head." She winked, knowing her description of them probably was not the best. "But alas, equines do exist here too. None really existing more than the other."

She finally introduced herself as Madsinex, quite a unique name. "Pleasure to meet you Madsinex, mind if I shorten it to Maddie?" She asked sheepishly. Elsa never wanted to offend anyone with nicknames, but she loved the personal feeling it gave. Like with she called Abishia, Abi, and Abi called Elsa, Ellie. It made everything a lot more... friendly. She gave the mare a moment to respond before she started talking about the Hidden Falls. "Well, I have a home you can live in. It's called the Hidden Falls." She looked to the North in reaction, almost as if she subconsciously thought it would be there. "It's a beautiful, mountainous region with... well waterfalls. Pegasus, Equines and Unicorns live there in harmony. I'm the Mason there, and can take you back if you would like, but you have to choose what you want to do right off the back. We work like a well oiled machine." She said, in the nicest way possible. They weren't work-a-holics, but they each had their own niche the needed to work it. "You have a choice of a Crafter, like me.. A soldier, A seer, who talks with the Gods, a sleuth or a healer. Each has their own set of guidelines and duties. Should you want to be one other than a crafter, I can help you find someone of your preferred path. Should you decide to go to the Falls, you can choose now, and we can meet up there, or we can travel there together and decide when we arrive." She smiled, out of breath, and anxiously awaiting the mares answer. Elsa had always been a long-winded one.
words 390 | tags @[Mads] | ooc nada

Table by Vossity
Credits
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.