the Rift

[PRIVATE] I didn't know I was lost

Solace Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Equine :: 16h :: 6 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
Things had changed. Solace could hardly regard the place he resided in as family. They were ruled by a kind Pegasus and a mad queen, the two didn’t go hand in hand. Where was the Merciful and the Opulent? Father Earth had traded over their home to a pack of wolves and it simply wasn’t right. Why did he bother staying if there was nothing there for him? Because things could get better, he told himself. Even if there was distrust and suspicion amongst their ranks, things definitely could get better. Solace also felt the temptation to return to his wandering ways and simply leave behind the rule of madmen.

Just as the first time he had felt lost, he wandered to the ocean. Birdsong caused the day to be warm and his journey had been easier than it would’ve been in the midst of Frostfall. As he went his heart lightened as he embraced the freedom of the road. No one could make him stay, no one could bind him to that place. At the end of the day, Solace was a free man and could go where he pleased. Hadn’t his mother always told him since birth he was a wanderer? A long sigh passed from his lips as he stood on the sands of the shore, his eyes drifting out into the ocean.

“I could always make a change happen,” he murmured to himself. Solace knew power could be seized by anyone, all they had to do was fight, but then again he had always fled from conflict never letting it catch up with him. This wouldn’t be an easy decision and he would have time to decipher whether to stake a claim, for the green draft never was one to crave power or leadership, he was content as the follower and servant. A sigh passed from his lips and he shook his head. “How could you forsaken my family Father Earth when we needed you most? What have these madmen done to deserve your favor?” He turned away from the shore and began to walk along slowly, his head hung low and an obvious aura of defeat hung over him with each step.

@[Evangeline]

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali
Evangeline
you always want what you're running from

In the days since Ruske had made his return to her life Evangeline had felt a bit better about calling Helovia home. It helped to know that she wasn't completely alone. "Never alone." Tallis chimed in as he always did when she thought about being alone. "Have me." The orange mare smiled and looked up toward the sky and the dragon that floated lazily on the warm drafts. He looked down and trilled, causing Evangeline's smile to grow. "I know, Tallis." She said. "You're always here with me." It never failed that the dragon was there to make her feel better when she was at her worst and protect her when she needed it most.

"Better than 'Uske." Tallis snorted as he looked back down the beach. Evangeline rolled her eyes and picked her pace up to a trot. Water splashed under her hooves and up against her barrel as she then moved from a trot to a canter in order to keep up with the dragon who had suddenly started to fly faster. "Slow, Eva!" The dragon teased. "Slow, slow, slow!"

"Oh, hush!" She called up to the dragon, but he continued to chirp and trill his taunts to her as they both raced along the beach. It wasn't until his vocalization finally stopped that she realized that they weren't alone on the beach. She slowed to a walk and the dragon swooped down near her head and grabbed at her mane to direct her head in the direction he wanted her to look. "Stallion." he murmured as he rose to the sky again. "Only one."

"We should say hello." She suggested, but she could feel the dragon's natural tendencies to distrust anyone he didn't know. "Not everyone is bad, Tallis." She reminded the dragon, her wet tail slapping against her sides as she walked. In retaliation Tallis flashed an image of Ampere in her mind and reminded her of the very real pain of being shot with electricity. "Not everyone is like that." Came her quiet answer, though in her heart she knew that more often than not individuals were prone to bouts of violence.

Gradually she drew closer to the stallion and she called out. "Hello!" She stopped and waited, deciding to take Tallis' advice and hang back that way she could have an easier escape should the stallion be of the crazier type and choose to attack.

"."

@[Solace]

and you know this is more than you can take
full image/stock credits

Adoptable
Solace hadn’t expected company. He turned his head toward the stranger that had approached him and offered her a warm smile. “Hello!” He said back to her, his voice warm despite the heaviness on his mind. Good company perhaps could do something to remedy his heavy and somber mood. It would do him no good to dwell upon the negatives within his life when there were still many things to be grateful about. This mare seemed kind enough, civilized even, a pleasant change to the recent changes of those that resided in the land that once belonged to his family. For once he didn’t feel unsure of whether he was in the presence of a madman or killer, he felt safe and content.

“I am Solace, of well, nowhere really,” he said looking at the mare with a dip of his head. It was then he had made his decision, there was nothing left for him at the falls but discord and madmen. They could burn down the land for all he cared at this point, solitary life would suit him best in the end. Wandering had always would be his way and it was time that he returned to such a lifestyle, for he was happiest on the road and there would be new faces to find out in the world. His eyes flicked up to the sky and his smile grew at the dragon above him. He looked over at the mare. “Is that your bonded up there?”

Companions had once made the draft feel uneasy, but over time he had warmed up to the small animals presence. There was something intriguing about sharing your very mind and soul with an individual. Such a bond had to be precious and beyond sacred to those that had it. Well, of course there would be exceptions and he could imagine others violating the bond with their companion.

@[Evangeline]
•Please don't tag Solace unless a response has taken more than two weeks.
•Force permissible without permission as long as it isn't fatal or involve serious maiming

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali
Evangeline
you always want what you're running from

The tone of his voice spoke volumes to Evangeline and so she ventured closer to Solace despite Tallis' continued warnings to her. Finally, when he'd accepted that she wasn't going to listen to him, the dragon circled lower and lower. His claws pinched at Eva's hide as his weight settled on her back and she took it as a physical display of his unhappiness that she'd disregarded his warning. As she strode forward the dragon crawled up her neck and peered at the green haired stallion from between his bonded's ears. During that time he had introduced himself and asked if Tallis was her bonded.

"I am Evangeline." "The Pure." Tallis echoed her title but Eva ignored him. "And this is my companion, Tallis. We're from the World's Edge." While she introduced herself and her companion, Tallis stared pointedly at Solace, challenge and warning obvious in his dark eyes. It made Evangeline frown and she was half tempted to shake the dragon loose and dump him into the sand for his rudeness.

"Enough, Tallis." Her voice was sharp as she corrected him for his antics. In response, Tallis lifted his head and looked down at Evangeline. "I told you not everyone is as bad as you think they are. And you're not going to make any friends if you act like a jerk." Tallis huffed and moved from his perch on Eva's neck to her hindquarters where he lay, still watching Solace.

"I'm sorry." She apologized to the stallion. "He hasn't been so trusting of anyone since we went through the Threshold a few seasons ago. We were attacked by a crazed mare who disliked that we are bonded."

"."

and you know this is more than you can take
full image/stock credits

Adoptable
“It is a pleasure to meet you both,” Solace said with a pleasurable smile on his face. He returned the dragon’s expression with a dip of his head and a good natured wink. Perhaps that would do nothing more than add fuel to his hatred, but the draft saw no harm in teasing the seemingly haughty creature. “The World’s Edge huh? I have always held respect for that herd and their ambitions.” Any place that strove for peace and equality was one that Solace could follow behind and appreciate. Though he had accepted he wasn’t intended for herds. A life of endless wandering and solitude was his path, and he had accepted it.

He walked in step with the mare, his eyes drifting out to the ocean for but a moment. In that moment he found himself humming softly, a tune he had heard long ago, one which words he couldn’t remember. Though his gaze flickered back to the mare as she spoke of the reasoning behind her bonded’s behavior.

“Someone attacked you because you because you have a companion? That sounds simply absurd, the nerve of some people.” Solace shook his head and snorted at the thought. “Such bonds should be revered, not detested. They are sacred gifts from the gods.” Despite the deep admiration for the bonds he sought none for his own. One of the many things that marked the draft as peculiar. He craved no magic nor the mystical bond forged through soul and mind. It was in the simple things he found his joy, not in power or prestige.

“I always find the ocean an ideal place to come and clear my head,” He said, his gaze returning to the sea. “Something about the sound of waves and the consistent wind simply bring clarity and calmness. I find myself frequently wandering back here.”

@[Evangeline]
•Please don't tag Solace unless a response has taken more than two weeks.
•Force permissible without permission as long as it isn't fatal or involve serious maiming