the Rift

[PRIVATE] puzzle pieces scattered across my bones

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno

Nothing more than a gentle tap, a touch mothers use upon their newest young to guide them along, that sends haywire messages down the invisible thread that links her heart to the snow and cold air. Offering nothing more but relief, time to wallow in her own sickness of the heart and feel the burn of lost memories. Each memory spends time eating at her, the gap she holds unsettling, nerve-wracking, all the words to describe it, emptiness.
Truthfully, it must be unhealthy to hold such vast, wide open spaces for her young mind, and she, in every desperate attempt that's simple to understand, tries to fill that spot.
She fills the seconds with how the feathers came along. They came in some odd moment that left her with a band of birds. In her natural way, she gathered them in and took them with her. The now fading blood stains on the gold and black pair lie to this thought. She guesses those came in when she picked them up off the ground in a rude way. A faint memory of Adrixaura-and oh, how much she has come to miss the sweet scent of her mother and her warmth- telling her not to pick up items from the earth passes about her speeding thoughts. She was never much for listening to the black and white women, but now the idea of her mother's harsh voice is nothing but something that tries to bring her here more.
The world around the frozen caves smells of the Basin and something she can't remember. It touches her breath and bullies her nostrils in a bittersweet way that sends her heart hurdling down into pit more. It must lay somewhere cramped, it aches a painful wail.
They greet her in the exact way they had always done: blank stares that show they care not if her presence is here or not, watching with the deep shades of blue with motionless eyes with ears pushed out towards the world. A huff passes about her when her chest heaves hard.
"Home, sweet home."
She stinks of the scent of the Dragon's Throat, making this more of a lie.
Her pace is slow and collected, steady across the earth unaffected by the warming airs that would get one if they were to head south. The cool air that sweeps ghostly fingers across her honey coloured body, pulls back her locks and tosses them about. Her eyes shut briefly, shutting out the harshness of facing the confused elements.
With nothing but a whisper to herself, something about those that she knew but not understandable, her legs already beneath her and her belly grazing against the floor. She hits it with a sigh of relief, the thin glow of her horn igniting the walls and her reflection casted towards it.

@[Sacre]

If you could hear me then, can you hear me now?

Image Credits

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi

demons run, but count the cost,
the battle's won, but the child is lost
Oh how long had it been since he'd ventured into these mountains! The last he'd stood here was when he was with Roux and they'd just been set free from the Worlds Edge to return home. Only, Roux mentioned his uncertainty and stirred thoughts in Sacre that had already been bugging him and soon after, the boy had left. Though he still hadn't managed to settle himself, he felt much more confident that he did almost a year ago from now. Looking upon the Steppe now with eyes of an almost a two year old he felt a shiver of nostalgia, he didn't hate the mountains. They were home, a childhood home. Sacre had a relatively good childhood apart from the odd blip, he had Roux and a herd that looked out for them and even now Sacre couldn't help but feel a twinge of guilt for simply upping sticks and setting out on his own. The more he thought of why he came here the more he longed for his twins smell and his mothers coat, old enough to at least stand by himself and fend for himself along with Inari, but not old enough to forget what was precious to him. That was something Sacre would never forget. He would love his family forever and under any condition as was the way of life.

"Roux." He said quietly to himself, as if the red colt was stood right next to him. "Where are you? Are you happy? Do you miss me?" He asked of the snow, the mountains, the startled hare that scurried away and the sky. Finally, he sighed and moved on, Inari shifted on his rump as he awoke from a slumber and scented the air. Yap!

Stop.

Sacre looked out across the vast expanse of melting snow, drifting to the icy archway and to the moving figure. He began to cautiously walk closer, trying to see who it was or if it was a stranger as he did so. A unicorn around the same height as himself, she was a pale colour and the blue hint to her horn was familiar. It wasn't until he saw the marking upon her rump that he recognized her. Sikeax! He stopped suddenly in shock, the last time he'd seen her was when she'd been a walking corpse that had turned cousin Deodat onto their side with Crake as an ally. Yet, now she appeared perfectly normal and how he remembered meeting her the very first time, in not quite a bit taller as she grew in months.

The boy began to slowly walk towards the archway as she falls, uncertainty etched into his gaze. "Sikeax?" Inari slowly and carefully jumped down from his rump to stare at the girl who was a stranger to him.

@[Sikeax] [ooc; would you like to be tagged? :3]
sydna

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno

Sorrow has already gone about settling to her system, ready to accept how she is in a state with no good to be seen when the feeling of eyes reach across the empty and touch her. Slow and steady, cold shiver trickle down her spine. They've gone ahead and burst to sparks when the voice that holds her name, something that is said a great many of times recently, hits her.
The process of gaining attention never seems to take long. Her sights turn around and welcome the sight of a boy who is almost a man standing behind her. He seems healthier, masculine, a man who looked prepared for the world.
"Hey, Sacre. How are you? It's been a long time."
Her legs question her brain if it would be best to stand and greet the dark colt. She's in firm belief that her body no longer carries enough will to be able to stand, to walk over and see the odd creature that left his body to stare at her growing heap on the floor. It's red body springs a bit of curiosity to her thoughts, but she thinks and remembers if she knows him later on, then she's likely to see that creature again.
"Would you like to join me? Your friend looks," She spares a brief moment to look at the thing one more time before finishing her sentence. "Curious."
She doesn't admit to him that she herself is curious as of who the animal is. Her hair shrouds the pain and misery that lingers about her eyes, the glow of her horn spreading soft light against her feathers. A part whispers low that maybe it is best to hide the feathers, to sweep them away where he could not question such odd changes in appearance. There is a lack of ability like the one that makes her want to rest more, to lay against the cold and mourn, to wither like flowers.
Relentless as the need is, her company halts the need of tears. It is best to try and offer a smile when there are none to be given. It hurts to crack it, try to place happiness against a dying face when she watches him stand there.
I'm sorry. The thought goes without definite direction, whether it is something directed to him or herself, it is unknown. More than ever, she uses it to place more hurt upon herself.

OOC: It's be lovely if you could. c:

@[Sacre]

Image Credits

you were angels,

She seemed... Normal. No signs of that scary personality he had seen back at the Basin yet he still couldn't shake off the image when he saw her. The things she had done! How could she simply greet him as if everything was okay?! Had her mind forgotten that one dark twist in the tale where his cousin had been a victim and she was the villain. Well, alongside Crake that was. Low and behold here she was! Slumped on the icy floor like she had no strength nor will to raise herself to greet him and to leave the mountains she had cursed that night. Sacre struggled with himself for a few moments as the filly spoke his name and asked if he'd like to join her. Join her?! In villainous acts of soul twisting, to watch as darkness strangled and sunk its hungry claws, maiming and deforming flesh. She sat so serenely, so oblivious and looked like the Sikeax he had first met. What was this?! He frowned and shifted, struggling with right and wrong. If Deodat had been turned, then what's to say Sikeax hadn't been turned? Was he being cruel in his thoughts? Sacre didn't know! The indecision hurt and the seconds ticked by before finally he laid his bright blue, conflicted eyes on her again.

"I get by" he answered honestly, a frown forming on his brow as he unconsciously shifted closer to Inari. "You were... Different the last I saw you. Strange and frightening." Was she going to turn on him now? Cause him to flee to the caves once again. Or had the curse been lifted. He watched her with a new wariness, his legs now pinned into position and his ears flicked back and forth with nervousness. Inari watched them both in confusion, feeling his master's uneasiness and wondering what was wrong. "Are you going to turn into a monster again? Attack the hearts of friends and family, like Deodat" He swallowed. It had to be said and his voice cracked with it, the feeling wasn't a nice one to suspect someone who was once a friend, was still a friend?

He looked down to Inari as if to find some comfort. The fox returned his gaze with innocent eyes that had no idea what was going on, but it was something strange and uncomfortable for his burnt black friend.
sydna

@[Sikeax]

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Disgust piles into her, the feeling of sickness roaring into her stomach and settling with the harsh style that an ocean uses when the storm rages on and there is no relief. His words sting like bees in her hide. Every part of her begs for her to recoil and find a place to disappear to, hide and never return from what horrors he seems to speak about. Her mind still refuses to release the jailed section of her memory, to let her figure what he is saying and what they're supposed to mean to her. There are no tears to seep from her blues. She's gone ahead and used all that she's got on Amara, and if Sacre wished to throw pain towards her, then let it be so. She lacked the ability to care for his hate, if that is what was, only sweeping it away when the air hung cold between the walls of ice.
"How am I a monster, when my words are ones that show I still care about you? I cannot think of a single moment that I have been a monster, and if there was a time that I was, then my memories have hidden it away along with everything else. Explain, please, if you want, how I became to be 'strange and frightening' like you say I am."
The words are icy as the world around them. She's not hurt, instead pained and sick to her stomach with the feeling of her heart rotting within the confined spaces that her ribs hold in.
"I am no monster that you say I am. I am Sikeax, and I met you when we were still children, and that was the last time I recall ever seeing you. So tell me, what have I been missing, other than memories?"
Her stomach churns more, twisting into knots and leading to even more discomfort. A headache threatens to enter her, to plague her with more of the signs of a spring sickness, if anything. He spoke of someone named Deodat, and fingers grow within her mind and attempt to put a name to a face. She comes out empty-handed and stares to the little animal that stands beside him as if the name is the name of that creature.
Eyes move to bear into his skin, the dark coloured pelt she remembers just too well and one that is now making her hurt on the inside. Beneath, her body shifts and she stands, swaying against her own weight and legs threatening to release from underneath and send her to the floor again. Momentarily, her vision blurs, the different shades of colours that flash before her nothing but bothersome.
The headache kicks in as if it was on cue, ready for the right moment to make the appearance on the stage that the play is set. Oh, if she could vomit, she would of already done so.
All that she has it set towards him when she turns around, coming to face him and seeing that he looks more of a man that she could remember him being. It was time for her to begin counting her days to when she would be full grown, to when she would be able to escape the dark depths of youth and leave to be a new person without the control of adults.
"For whatever I've done to make you look at me like you are, I'm sorry for something I can't remember even doing."
@[Sacre]

Image Credits

you were angels,

Her words stung like a harsh whip and his lips curled in anger, but his eyes looked stricken with uncertainty. How could she forget? She had taken one of his own, walked into the Basin and took one of his own. Yet, she did still talk to him with care, that much was true in the words she spoke. Had she really forgotten when the had curse lifted? Had the curse lifted? Sacre was lost as to whether to trust her or not and he really wanted to; he'd never felt so torn in his life! Father would say not to, father would condemn this girl and he would remove her from the earth. Maybe mother would too or even Roux. What would his twin do? His face contorted into a tortured expression as he struggled with what was the best course of action, the wisdom of Lace, his fathers disapproving face and his own wishes. Torn, the boy swallowed hard and looked to Inari. His fox stared back with concerned eyes, the poor vulpine hadn't a clue what was going on other than it was hurting his bonded.

Sacre hesitantly replied, his voice matching his stricken gaze. "Your sanity once. That was what you were missing." He glanced to the floor and finally decided on where to put his loyalties, looking back at Sikeax with an apologetic gaze. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to offend you. It's just that time..." That time, when I didn't know you at all. She had no longer been Sikeax, the bubbly foal he'd met that one time. "Your body was decaying you looked like a zombie and you came to the Basin preaching about the undead that walked the mountains. Deodat came and protected us, you turned him into something like you whilst I managed to escape. The days became darker, we had to flee into a cave system and hide from the rest of the wraiths like you had been. Do you not remember any of it?" He asked with a shudder as she finally got to her feet.

Sacre's expression flickered to concern as she swayed on her feet and looked all in all rather ill. She spoke once more, apologizing and reiterating her broken memory to which Sacre shook his head and frowned at her. "You look ill. I imagine it doesn't help by being this far into the mountain, do you have a home?" Wraith or no wraith, she looked and acted like the Sikeax he had first met, a Sikeax who was now looked ragged.
sydna

@[Sikeax]

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Each word has the weight of a thousand planets, hanging in the air and settling down when they find the forbidden passage into her ears and escape into her mental state. Once more, everything is crashing down her and if the waterworks start now, then it's more than likely she'll find herself crying long after this.
The part of her that had been lost had been gone for the better. It seems easier to see the truth in her lost memories. Her mind had gone ahead and decided that her past was not enough for her, to lock it away under lock and key, and to pretend that she was never going to try to find that lost part. For the better, in every single way.
She shakes her head, acting as if this is her desperate attempt to brush away his words and accept the apology he had offered her. It was accepted the moment that he allowed it to be released. She could not hold anger towards someone who was giving her lost pieces and in a way, piecing her scattered puzzle pieces back together.
Deep down, the shake is nothing her but a scrambling try at relieving herself of believing his words, things such as decay, zombie, ones that seemed designed perfectly for her to lose her broken sanity and be shipped off to some state she didn't need to be in.
Like Amara.
Her eyes gaze upon him and she sighs, releasing breath that seems so tainted that her body refuses to keep hold of it. The concern on his face makes her worry as of his state, how he was thinking of her as she stood before him and having given him her best attempt at being angry towards anyone that wasn't Adrixaura. A pen prick hits her sinking heart and it might as well become a ship sinking as it filled with water.
"I don't remember any of that. I remember leaving the Dragon's Throat to find Amara in the Marsh, and nothing else from there out. I woke up, and she was what you said that I was. And yes, I have a home. I went back to the Dragon's Throat since I have no other place to go. Do you?"

OOC: So sorry, I tried Dx
@[Sacre]

Image Credits

you were angels,

He watched her silently, taking in each subtle movement on her face and calming slightly as her composure appeared to return. Their conversation was strange and painful for both of them. Sacre remembered her as a decaying monster out to threaten his friends whereas she seemed to remember nothing, a blank space in her mind. The colt couldn't even imagine how strange and difficult it must be to know something happened, but not what. All of a sudden he felt extremely guilty for his earlier volatile reaction, but he couldn't help it could he? He had truly been frightened of Sikeax that day, frightened of her and for her. That day he had been a boy and a very silly frightened boy! Between then and now, Sacre had been grabbed by the horn and dragged through the stages of maturity. Roux had taught him love and loyalty, his lineage had taught him hardness and prejudice; life so far had taught him to form his own view on events. Finally, Inari had gifted him glorious days of companionship and patience. He drew on all that now to keep his mind clear and free himself of festering fear or even hate to look upon Sikeax like a friend should; with a soft smile and an open heart.

She spoke finally and Sacre took in each detail, ears twitching at the sound of the Dragons Throat. Levi, the winged fellow he had met that one time, had been from there and promised to take him one day. Though the colt had never found him again. He looked at Sikeax thoughtfully as a small plan formed in his mind. There was no way he was going to leave it as it was and the boy had always wanted to go to the Throat land. She also mentioned a mare by the name of Amara, though Sacre could not find a face to the name in his memory. Perhaps this unknown female had turned Sikeax into a wraith. If that had happened, then it all made sense. It was only a guess in the end.

"I don't know who Amara is, but maybe she knows what happened to you..." He said almost absent mindedly. There was a possibility this mare was still a wraith, however, so Sacre held his tongue over trying to find her. Instead he addressed something else "I don't have a home any more. I fled when the darkness came and never returned." He admitted quietly. It seemed wrong to be uttering his disloyalty to the Basin in the very mountains they lived in. He moved on quickly, not wanting to dwell on it "the Dragons Throat really! I met a horse called Levi who was from there and he said he would take me one day, but I never saw him again." He sighed sadly before his expression became excited all of a sudden " will you take me?"

Sacre had no idea if she'd agree to it or not, but the colt quietly hoped she did.

ooc; n'aww it was good!
sydna

@[Sikeax]

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Things came to settle between the two, shifting through the black dust that settled across their friendship and finding a way to bring out the good between the two. He wanted the Throat, her home, the last thing she had been expecting. Her legs had already been upon the duty of returning to the Wilds, to find a place within the trees and shrubs to sleep, to bask herself in the grace of cool waters in early Birdsong and sleep, only to awaken to gather herbs and return home with them. Plans shifted fast and while her heart, weaked and making use of her ribs to drag it's wounded body back into her chest, found a bit of hope in having someone that she could consider a friend in home with her.
There was always Africa, she reminds herself, but the single winged mare was more than likely to be caught in her own issues and not have the spare time that it took to spend time with a yearling.
Her pale eyes, tired, weak, lazy with the weight of wanting to return to some place there wasn't so much cramped space with other souls to squeeze in on her, took in his expression and saw that there was good in his need.
"I'll take you there. I don't know who Levi is, but I can take you there. It's a good way there, but I guess we could head home together now."
She brushes the slow pace of her voice out of her lips, pushing off the feeling of exhaustion to return home with her friend in tow. The joints within her legs ask her for relief, to sit within the cool air of the North and not be forced to bake within the heat of the Dragon's Throat. She can offer them no such relief now as her steps make her pass by him, only stopping at the opening of the cave system to stop and turn to him.
"Let's go, the faster we're there, the faster you can get accepted into the herd and the faster we can rest."
She should of changed her words to 'the faster than I can rest', but in the selfisheness that seems to surround those words, she sweeps it away and begins into the snow, feeling the sharp feeling of the cold being thrown against her pelt and running it's long fingers across her to send chills down her spine and rattling her bones.

OOC: I'll make a thread in the Throat for them in a minute and I'll tag you so he can be accepted.
@[Sacre]

Image Credits

you were angels,