the Rift

.alone. [Any God]

Breeze Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Breeze had spent a few days in the Dragon’s Throat territory. He had kept to his own, not really daring to approach the others and loneliness had gripped his heart. But he had heard about the three gods and how present they were in these lands. He remembered Ru’yah speaking of the old gods of her homeland, but they had have trouble showing their forms in Isilme and they had also not been very nice. The Helovian gods could grant you what your heart desired, Breeze had heard, so he’d picked up his feet and traveled by foot to the Veins of the Gods. He didn’t actually know why he hadn’t flown, but as he carefully treaded on the small path of the side of a pulsating and breathing volcano he wished he hadn’t come at all.

The colt stopped in front of the three shrines and examined them one at a time. He had no idea who he should call upon so he just whispered to the ash and brimstone smelling air: "I am Breeze, son of Al-Shahin and Ru’yah. I humbly asks that one of you will hear my wish."

The young stallion looked around, he didn’t understand magic yet even though Lady Cassiopeia had given him a kind lesson, so he was anxious to know how the god would appear. But he became uncertain as seconds passed. How would he know how long he should wait? He decided to speak his errand too, maybe they wanted to know his desires before they decided whom to send forth?
"I seek a winged friend, my lords and lady." He whispered carefully.

[Ooc; Breeze want an Barn Owl, Golden-crested wren, singing bush lark or a Sparkling Violet-ear hummingbird and I would prefer if he (or me) don’t know which one it is until the end of the quest. Also if the die rolls badly, can you just roll it again or do I have to write a new post to come back to use the Throat’s Herd champs prize? :D]

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

God of the Earth
Buried in Water and Earth

Breeze would not have to wait long. A rumbling of the earth, like a minor earthquake, begins. Small pebbles jingle and twist away from the young colt, and a jolly laugh rolls in with the sound of moving earth. It would probably take a moment to realize that the earth is not quaking from seismic activity, but the thunder of hooves as the God of the Earth pounds up the small trail the Pegasus had carefully stepped over. The behemoth of a God comes to a surprisingly graceful skid of a halt beside Breeze, flashing the colt a grin.

A mess of black hair tipped in brown tells the season - Orangemoon. Youthful green eyes reflect the smile on his lips even as the God begins to speak. “Hello, son,” he calls, a bellow of a voice even though he was hardly yelling. “If it’s a winged friend you seek, maybe you should start with your herd.” The God gives him a wink, the crinkles around his eyes deepening in the expression for a moment. He gives another smile before taking on a slightly concentrated expression, thinking of what quest he could assign.

I’ll tell you what,” he says, his voice still thoughtful, “if you can cure the loneliness of another, I will give you the friend you seek.

[ You still have an extra visit to the Gods this month. ]

Breeze Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The young stallion jumped high as the earthquake began. It wasn’t until he’d unfolded his wings and started to beat them in panic that he realized that it wasn’t a seismic cause to the rumble. It was hoof beats and up the trail came a mighty steed. Breeze shivered at the sight of the god, cream legs feeling unable to support his weight. His tongue was tied and he could do nothing else but listen as the Earth God’s thunderous voice seemed to wrap around him and embrace him in a friendly powerful hug. But Breeze shivered nonetheless.

He couldn’t get a word from his lips, but as the god spoke he nodded, head swiftly going up and down, and at the end of his words Breeze nodded even faster. “I will, oh heavenly father.” He wanted to say, but his month was dry and he felt dizzy - like he did when diving under water for too long. He realized, just then, that he was holding his breath and he let it go. With new oxygen filling his lungs he felt a little better, but the god’s present was still very humbling for him. He just nodded again and with a quick smile he threw himself up in the air and beat his wings. But to leave the god felt as hard and wrong as it had felt to stand just next to him.

"Talk talk"