the Rift

[OPEN] Finish What I Started [Rostislav]

Kiara Posts: 171
Deceased atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 13.2hh :: 5 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Keiran :: Black Panther :: Stormcall Emily

It had been a couple months now since her encounter up in the Heavenly Fields. Her barrel was rounding out, clearly showing that she was to carry that stallion's spawn. She moved much slower, due to the encouragement from Keiran. Even if she didn't love the father, this baby was a part of her. It was not just like him. Just like Malachi, he or she could be molded into an upstanding citizen of Hidden Falls..... Kiara did not like to think of her dead first born son.... She had failed him in so many ways, even in his death.

Today was a new day however. Today she needed to seek out someone, anyone, that would be willing to let her use themselves to finish her quest. She was going to do this, for the best for her baby. For herself, and for Keiran. No one else wa going to hurt them. She had to be strong, finish what she started and return to the God the the Spark... Oh he was going to love the fact she was a head healer in a new herd.... Carrying a baby from some who belongs to the Basin. It didn't matter now. Now she had to focus on the task at hand.

In the meantime, she scouted for a good safe place to start the herb garden. Keiran bounded ahead from time to time, his yellow eyes looking for a place... But also for any danger. In her heavily pregnant state, it would be harder for Kiara to get away. Her bonded wanted to give her as much time as possible to run if needed. No more harm would come to her if he could help it.

@[Rostislav]

"talk talk"

The Heart is Wiser than the Mind

Please Tag Kiara in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kiara at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Rostislav Posts: 245
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 7 (Frostfall) HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Damaris :: Common Hellhound :: Acid Lauren

Wandering quietly, I graze bits of grass that are sprouting up around. Damaris runs ahead, frolicking on her own. I wonder if she gets bored of me sometime. I'm not very fun for a puppy. I don't frolic, I don't jump and play. The emotion that hits me is one of annoyance at my self-berating. Damaris clearly does not agree with my assessment of the situation, and I hear her bark at me in the distance. As long as she is having a good time enjoying herself, then it doesn't really matter what role I play. I care for her happiness and her wellbeing. She starts barking again, but not at me this time. She's trying to get my attention as she spots something ahead. A mare, pregnant by the looks of it. I approach slowly, my usual lazy meandering is really the comfortable pace. I nicker to her, urging her to hush. She runs back to me and nips at my heels, wanting me to go check on the mare. I snort and she backs off a little, then starts nipping at my heels again. What is this madness?

Sure enough, there's a pregnant mare up ahead. A palomino dazzling in the sunlight, her belly round with the baby growing inside. She moves as slowly as I do.. actually, she might move a little faster. I'm pretty damn slow. I approach from behind, but call out, giving her plenty of notice of my approach. "G'day Miss! Pardon Damaris, she gets excited sometimes."

Text text text.
"Words words words."
ooc: sorry, wasn't sure what all to write :P

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Rostislav excluding dismemberment and death.

It was the barking that startled the mother to be first. She stopped dead in her tracks, afraid of whatever was coming. Keiran was with her in an instant, his eyes flashing in a warning. He was ready to call a storm if need be, even if he had never used it for protection before. He had practiced many times over his first year of life, knowing that he had to keep Kiara safe until she gained the magic to keep herself safe. This need was even greater now that she was heavy with a child.... Together the bonded pair turned to see who the barking was coming from, to give Kiara enough time to run if she needed to.

That's when the bonded of the barking hound also came into sight. He looked to be a good two hands taller than she was, or close enough to it. Hesitantly she began to back away, her fear of stallions screaming at her to run. You ok. I'm here. Will NOT let him hurt you and baby. The hound was nipping at her bonded's heels, as if she was driving him to the girl. "G'day Miss! Pardon Damaris, she gets excited sometimes." Keiran was instantly speaking into the roan girl's mind. They don't seem so bad. He smells like you, like Falls. So if he was a herd mate, surely she could trust him. Even still, Keiran moved to place himself between the stallion and hound and his bonded. "Good day Sir. Don't mind Keiran, he's very protective of me." She glanced down at the panther, He should be okay, he's family if he's from here. "I am Kiara, the Earth Medic." She stated her name and rank calmly, even if she felt anything but calm inside.

@[Rostislav]

"talk talk"

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kiara at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Rostislav
The mare and her bonded, a black panther, turn toward me and Damaris. She seems not-too-startled, but her bonded is very defensive. I see it in his posture, and I sense Damaris's apprehension. I'm pretty sure my body posture is already pretty damn relaxed, but I try to relax it even more. The palomino introduces herself and her panther. Kiara, an Earth Medic, and Keiran. Ah, so she lives here just like I do. That makes sense, the Earth stuff, and the fact she's.. y'know.. in the Hidden Falls. I stop and send thoughts to Damaris to investigate carefully and gently. No need to upset the panther or the mare anymore.

"That's alright. I am Rostislav, a Legatus here." So formal. I shake my head and try to loosen up. It results in a wide yawn that seems to come out of nowhere. I think maybe I should apologize for yawning in Kiara's face, but I don't. A yawn is a yawn. Damaris wanders over to the panther and extends her muzzle tentatively, her body trembling with excitement and nervousness. She doesn't want to have her head bitten off, and neither do I. I watch her more closely than I let on - she's my little one. A smile appears on my face as I look up at Kiara again. "How are you this lovely sunny day? Anything I can do for you?"

Top Shelf Sexy Badass
Image Credit

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

"That's alright. I am Rostislav, a Legatus here." Legatus..... It took the bonded pair a few moments before realizing that he was like the WingLeaders in the the Qian. He safe. If Czar and Czarina think he good enough to be high rank, he mean you no harm. Keiran's voice soothed the roan as the panther's body language relaxed. The hellhound pup moves in closer, and the pair allowed it. After all, if they were part of the Falls they couldn't be that bad right? "Pleasure to meet you Rostislav, and Damaris." At least she thought that was the hellhound's name. She hoped she was right.

A sound kick in her belly however reminded the fem how dangerous males could be. He not like him. He different. The panther continued to try and get the girl to trust those of her herd at least. Keiran allowed Damaris in close, which makes the roan girl remember how patient he had always been with Malachi. She could only hope that he would be like that when the next foal was born.

It was only then she noticed the horrid wounds upon the Legatus's withers and ear. "Maybe I should be asking you that question. What happened here?" She hesitantly stepped forward, only pausing for a moment before moving in even closer. She needed to get a better look before trying to use the magic the Earth God had gifted her and the herbs that she had been taught to use. Keiran, I will need your help. The panther turned and looked to his bonded, waiting to see what he would be sent for. After all, their stash was not far from here.

@[Rostislav]

"talk talk"

Rostislav
Somehow Kiara knows the name of my bonded. I can't decide if this is strange and if I'm disturbed by it. She must have been around me sometime and overheard it. That's all I can come up with - or heard it from someone else. Mentally I shrug. I do not see her as posing any harm to the hellhound pup and so knowing the little one's name can't possibly be that bad.

She moves toward me, startled as she sees my wounds from the recent spar I had with Elsa, the Mason. My ears pin back as she approaches; I don't want her to touch them. My withers are still trying to scab over, and my right ear.. well.. it's pretty tattered. The gash rip down from a top corner toward the base is gnarly. It's scabbed, but hurts like fucking hell. I grunt and raise my head up, trying to put it out of her reach. Damaris turns to look at me, concern in her eyes. I try to send waves of comfort back at her, and pretend that I'm fine. No, I'm a little unsteady. Don't touch my ouchies. I don't move away from her, but I'm certainly not going to make this easy for her. I don't know what she wants from me or why she wants to see my wounds.

Spar. Elsa's got wicked teeth. I grunt, acknowledging that Elsa was a formidable opponent, despite her girly, innocent looks. My nostrils flare and my tail swings through the air, twitching. Why does this Kiara want to see my wounds? I feel a surge of disbelief, and I look at Damaris. Ah.. she's the one in disbelief, not me. Of course, she doesn't understand my confusion - was I not listening to the mare? I think for a moment before realization dawns on me. Oh.. she's a healer. Right. I lower my head slightly, closer to her, but my good ear is still pinned back. I can't imagine that this is going to be a pleasant experience.

Walk. Talk.
@[Kiara]
Top Shelf Sexy Badass
Image Credit

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

((sorry this has taken so long, like really really sorry. liquid time for the win!))

As she looks over the wounds, her green eyes takes in every inch of the damage.
"Clearly she does..." Her voice edged with concern. Was this Elsa a member of the herd? She did not remember the name.... However she doesn't remember much from before she was attacked. A Mason I think. Keiran chimes in from her mind. She decided not to use her magic for now, not the magic given to her by the Earth God. Maybe, just maybe if she only used herbs the God of the Spark would count this and she could finally end her quest for her personal magic. Please go get some chamomile to start.... Maybe some horehound as well. We will really need to look for more herbs after this as I don't want to get to low.. He turned with a look to the hellhound and bounded off.

"I've sent Keiran to get some herbs that will help those wounds heal. However if it becomes painful or isn't healing in a few days come find me." She hoped this however would work. She really needed it to work so that she could seek the approval of the God of the Spark.... Maybe instead the God of the Earth would answer her... She was favored of his lands.... Being the Earth Medic and all, right? At least she hoped she made him proud. Keiran came bounding back, serveral horehound and chamomile clutched in his mouth. He did not stop by his bonded, but strode over to the stallion and lifted his head for the stallion to take them. "He has chamomile and horehound for you. Both aid in the healing and should stop any pain." Her green eyes looked to the stallion's as a sharp hoof inside her belly kicked. She winced, unable to avoid showing the pain. We should head to the place you picked to give birth.... I don't think it will be long.... She looked to Keiran who was still holding out the plants. Not yet... Soon, but not yet.

@[Rostislav]

"talk talk"

Her words are gentle and quite hopeful. I know nothing of healing, only of war and damage and sorrow and.. drinking, of course. Why I haven't just used drinking to heal all of this is beyond me.. Oh wait, maybe because it doesn't actually cure anything, as much as I may wish it did. So here I am with the resident healer. And her kitty friend - I'm not sure if I want him to eat me or if I'd rather he didn't. But why would he eat me if she heals me? I stop my thinking there, not wanting to delve down that hole any deeper than I have already. Where does my brain go, really! The healer examines my wounds and sends her beasty companion to go get herbs. Damaris lies down next to me, whining softly at my clear pain. After a moment Keiran returns. I'm taken aback as he comes straight up to me, and I bury my instinct to run from a natural predator as I reach down and take the herbs from his delicate touch.

I chew them, trying to ignore the strange texture, and swallow in a big gulp. I stare at Kiara and Keiran, realizing that she did not give me any instructions for them. I hope it was okay that I ate them.... What if I wasn't supposed to? What if it was intended to be topical and I ate something poisonous? I sway for a moment, my mind stirring and whizzing at a speed much faster than anyone's mind should be whizzing. Her wince of pain distracts me, though, and I grimace - both in my own pain and empathetic toward hers. "Are you alright?" Perhaps knowing pain as she does makes me more emotional than usual. I nod to them both and murmur a thank you. Damaris rises and wags her tail, her tongue lolling from her mouth as she jumps around Keiran happily. Her optimism fills me too, and already I begin to feel better.

WC: 335
Tag: @[Kiara]

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

"Are you alright?" His words hit her ears, but she waits a moment before answering. "I am fine.... The baby was kicking..." She glances to her swollen belly, a nervousness fills her. What if she screws up? What if the child looked like her attacker again? Would she love and hate this baby too? Hush. The strong voice and her mental sanity Keiran soothed her worries. Focus on our job. Focus on him. She took a deep breath, only to have a second strong kick take her breath away. She gained her composure faster this time. "Well, at least I know the foal will be a fighter.. If these kicks mean anything."

Keiran looked to her again. Rest place, now. She sighed and spoke calmly. "We better be going. Find me if you need more of either herb, or if it does not help." She turns slowly, and begins to walk back they way they had come. Her belly swayed back and forth as the contractions were starting to begin. It would not be long before the Earth Medic brought a new life into the world.... Little did she know the surprises she was in for. Keiran looked once between the stallion and his hellhound before bounding off himself to take care of his beloved bonded. There was not a thing in the world he would not do for her, especially while she was in this weakened state. Little did he know how soon he would be face to face with the one who put her in this state.

@[Rostislav] ((OMG I'm horrible. But we can concider this wrapped up now.))

"talk talk"