[OPEN] But I'm Just a Kid

Voodoo Posts: 231
Outcast atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Eight :: Birdsong HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ouija :: Arctic Fox :: None Nevada
Voodoo
tear me open pour me out
inside they scream and shout

Poor girl we hiss in the back of your head, shaking our dual horned heads. What you had done to her that night has stayed with you ever since, eating away at your conscience, and when you weren't thinking of it, we were scolding your for it. Blamed it all on that potent concoction that your good buddy Ros had fed you. You can still feel the overwhelming burning sensation of the liquid as it sloshed down your throat every once in a while, but you truly remember when we give you some real hell about it for a few hours. The thought makes your jaw clench tight and the pooled up saliva to go down easily.

It was a long walk, but you had been pondering it for far to long, and that look that Ouija had given you when she realized what you were thinking about.. that really ended it all. You had to go see the poor girl. You had to go apologize. You had just met, and she had been bombarded by both of you.... had Rostislav ended up doing the same thing to her? He did have eyes for, you had gotten pissed when he made it so apparent. The sand quickly transferred into forests and was even sooner to begin growing green grass once again right along the outskirts of the Heart, but as soon as you had taken to the forests, you could feel the need to move on aching in your bones.

Hours passed and an obedient Ouija had finally started to become tired, so the two of you had stopped for a rest somewhere outside of the Grove. There, she closed her liquidy black eyes and gave the biggest yawn that infected you instantly, passing the stretch onto whatever animals had watched or heard the relaxed release of air. As much as she begged for a nap with those big doe eyes, you couldn't bear to wait any longer on the apology, and we scolded you for even thinking of it. With that, the pup crawled onto the widest section of your ass end and curled up in a warm ball, falling asleep without much effort.

The air begins to turn briny and wet, causing your nerves to bunch up and begin to do their thing. You eyes become shifty and chipped hooves start to drag and strike forward unexpectedly, ears constantly moving as if someone would drop out of the once more visible air. The trees have started to turn from lush evergreens to tough-barked, tan, and strange looking ones that kind of resembled the few trees that call the Throat home. They are much less abundant now as well, most of them sitting nearly ten feet away from each other at the nearest, and the needles that were a dark green are now more vibrant green colors. You feel so much more exposed now that you're out in the light again.

Finally you can't come out any further into the bald patch and you pause beside a beach tree, ears cupped forward as red nostrils check the new air. A soft, curious whinny falls from your mug in a pathetic attempt to make your presence known; "Aurelia?" your voice falls flat against the foreign soil, and if you had the tail of your bonded it would be touching your belly right about now. Speaking of your bonded; she's still happily passed out in the exact same spot on your rump.

Text here "Chat here." Voices here
Tagged: @[Aurelia], Faeanne, @[Ryuu]
Ooc: Even though this is open, please have Bay and Brit respond first. Dooey needs to meet his son and one/third-daughter. <3

i run but it stays right by my side
Table by Frostie
EVERYTHING YOU'RE RUNNING AWAY FROM
IS IN YOUR HEAD
[Image: 5389e9aca8b63]
Please tag him in every post!

Ryuu Posts: 28
Outcast
Colt :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 1 Year
Mali :: Rough Collie :: None Brit

Momma, I think I hate the world. It hurts. Does everyone else feel the needles in their legs when they walk, like I do? Or is that because I'm a freak? I know I'm not normal, Momma. But won't you try to love me anyways?

It's sunny today, Momma. In fact, it feels a little better than the rest of the days. They all blur together into one big colorful stream, but I don't mind. All I know is the pain. How can you and Fae smile and laugh when it hurts, Momma? Does it not hurt for you? Or are you laughing at my misery? I never laugh with you.

Momma, I think there's something broken inside of me. I don't want to be a freak.

But even if it hurts, walking is all I have to do. I limp, and it takes a lot of time, but I would rather leave than see you go. It feels less like abandonment. Maybe this could be called exploring, but I think it's masochism. It's a beautiful day, Momma. Shouldn't we be spending it as a family? Then again, what do I know about families? Ours is perfectly normal to me. But it doesn't make my heart hurt any less, Momma. Why am I the one with the dagger on my forehead? Why can't I have pretty feathers, soft and harmless, like you and Fae? Why am I such a disappointment already?

I look like a fawn, with spindly legs and a body too small for the weight of living. I stare forward, lost expression unwavering. I am weak. I am prey. But I go out anyway. I hobble and I whimper sometimes, but you aren't there to wipe the wrinkles of pain from my face. I don't think you would anyways, Momma. I think you want me to suffer for taking your childhood from you in order to start my own. I look about when I can't keep moving, one eye gold, the other carmine. My reflection isn't something I can stand, Momma. I want to be pretty like you and Fae. I don't think I can ever be handsome, Momma, so I'll try to be pretty for you.

Wait! Your name! My little head rises but I can't see you, so why would someone say your name if you're not around? All I see is a hesitant man who looks a lot like me. I wish you were here, Momma. I don't belong in the spotlight. You are the light and I am the shadow. I wish I could run, but I'm already aching from walking. He wants you, Momma, not me. But I'm scared, and my lips tremble, and I can feel the words coming out of me even as I scream at them to stop.

"Momma...not here now." I wish I didn't sound so weak, like I want to cry, but my eyes are crinkled and I think I might. Momma, why do I have to do this? Why did I have to speak? I can't remember the last time I did. All I want is to be silent and unseen. But now I can't. "She somewhere." I choke it like it burns, afraid he will misunderstand, even if death and running away are things I don't understand well enough to know he will mistake my words. Instead I press my tongue to the roof of my mouth and count my breaths.

I'll be pretty for you, Momma. I won't cry.

@[Voodoo]

Ed Ivanushkin @ flickr

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee

Aurelia
Keep your head up, keep your heart strong.

"talk talk talk"

Fae is not here. Shall I just say she was never here? She was never here. Oh, that's a tantalizing though, but she is here. Not yet have I handed her over to Africa like the gift the girl is. Will she grow up to be a hero or the neighborhood slut? The options are limitless for her, but I am worried for the boy. He hurts, I can see it in his features. The facts that he can stand is quite surprising! I am captivated to the young boy. He has what I believe to be, a fighters spirit. He seems more like the type of the mare, Africa, not whatever type I am.

Fae and I walk through the trees, dodging each tree branch like it a needle that will lacerate us to our ends. I hear my name being said, and so does the dark-colored foal neck to me. Both of out ears perk forward. Like mother like daughter, we both pick up a brisk trot towards the voice. "Momma...not here now." IT'S RYUU! Why is he alone? Has Shilva not been careful about watching him? I guess that's my fault. Why put a baby snake to watch a baby horse? Wherever that snake may be, so be it. She doesn't need to helplessly follow my around like a prisoner.

Fae and I turn the corner and see him and Ryuu. "It's okay Ryuu..." I cut in front of Fae and Ryuu then slow to a halt. My gaze is harshly pinned on this stallion, Voodoo. My ears have slowly folded back onto my pale neck. The breeze makes my mane tickle my neck, then sway gently. I am both freaking gorgeous right now, and menacing at the same time. Protective instincts? "Voodoo, why have you come here? Why have you trespassed? You are lucky the World's Edge King didn't find you intruding, or he'd have no problem snaking you out of here." I talk slightly coldly to him. He is a fucking father now. He needs to grow up and take my words or stay the hormonal baby he is for the rest of his life. "Look, Voodoo..." My voice is noteably softer, and I look in the direction of only Ryuu, not Fae. "This is Ryuu... your son, but I bet the reason you've stopped by is to see what devil spawned from the likes of you and me. Ryuu is no devil, though. On the contrary... he is a sweet foal." My gaze is on the foal, my adoring eyes and soft tone are sweet and endearing. I look at him for a moment longer before returning my stare back to Voodoo.

"Either leave and have no family, or join the World's Edge and have a child..." and whatever I am to you.. I wanted to add on, but I didn't. No need to freak this stallion out more... after-all, he has just learnt he now has progeny.

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.

Voodoo
tear me open pour me out

From the tall grasses and brine infused air comes a tiny colt, his hide painted black with soft gold and dark red decorating his hide. Your ears flick forward, never-ending gaze watching the unsure-footed newborn make his way toward you; those eyes, three small horns sprout from his small face, each also laced with the mismatched colors. What an odd combination, red and gold is. Your snout dips down slightly from it's highly strung state, your muscles relaxing slightly in the presence of the newborn. "Momma not here now. She somewhere." The lanky colt spoke with such small, unsure words, making it even more obvious that he is still very young. Wait.. did he say "Momma?" You repeat the name in a near whisper, glossy eyes watching the pale gold and wine red stare.

There's no fucking way we whisper, attempting to assure you before your body can even react to what is now registering in your brain; every single muscle begins to tense up again, your nerves stirring up the steel butterflies in your stomach. A slack jawed stare only lasts two seconds before hoof beats are finding their way over, crowned skull lifting into the air rapidly. Ouija stirs at the quick movement, her eyes blinking in a sleepy state as she readjusts to the sunlight. Your off the wall emotions begin to reach her, and a soft whimper catches your attention, ears turning back to listen to your confused companion. She curls uncomfortably at the familiar feelings.

Aurelia and yet another foal thunder toward you in a rush, your reaction of course being to stoop down like a beaten dog and take an uncomfortable step backward. The golden-flecked mare cuts you off from the little black foal, "-Ryuu." Everything happens so suddenly and you are still in denial of your own thoughts as Aurelia begins to tear into your hide. Her words bite at you with venom, accusations of this and that, then demands of staying or going. What in the fuck is going on? we scramble around in your skull, attempting to stay calm ourselves as we feel your pulse rising steadily, the beat of your heart is likely visible in your neck and chest.

All of the information flutters around in your head, your jaw still hung slightly agape, no words even able to come to mind in order to speak. Instead of trying to think of what to say, you lift your skull slightly, glancing back at the foal that apparently was sprung from your loins, then down to the other black filly by Aurelia's side. "But.." You pause again, sucking in a deep breath before you can gather enough words together for a simple sentence, an explanation of your apparent "trespassing." Instead, "But she looks nothing like me." comes out, bloody eyes set on the white-haired, thicker filly.

In the short amount of time that it takes for your eyes to travel from the nameless filly and back to your Ryuu, Ouija slips from your back and wanders toward the colt, her oil-black eyes looking up at him with curiosity; we flip through the files of your memories, pulling up the first and only night you had ever even encountered this mare. And so had Rostislav. Ros got a hold of her too! we connect just as you do, laughter rumbling through your head as we all break down and fall to our asses, rolling in laughter. "And, he's mine?"

The need to go to your son and actually meet him boils in your queasy stomach from which the butterflies had successfully escaped from and spread through out your entire body; your legs, shoulders, face.. Damn, even your face tingles now! "Ryuu?" is all you manage to get out now, Aurelia's questions and commands have completely blurred out in the back of your mind already. Without much thought, you attempt to step around the white mare, eyes focused completely on the tiny life that you had helped create. "-or join the World's Edge and have a family." Her words cut deep over and over again, echoing off of the bone walls just to terrify you once more.

Hoping that you had reached around Aurelia without her pushing you aside, you drop your rummy snout to the colt's height, rimmed ears pressed forward eagerly. His body is tiny and boney, his long legs dyed with you and Aurelia's matching colors; even though he looks nothing like you, it is obvious that he is your son. The butterflies all seem to stop at once and your heart throbs in your thin chest, leaving an almost painful strike in your veins as the blood flows quickly. "You're.. Perfect." Your mug reaches out carefully, high hopes that your spindly little one will accept the velvet soft touch crying in your chest. We lean, pressed against our red-washed windows, waiting for the sentiment of the moment to either catch flames or crash and burn.

Tagged: @[Ryuu] @[Aurelia]
Ooc: So sorry if this doesn't make total sense, my feels exploded.

Table by Frostie
IS IN YOUR HEAD

Ryuu Posts: 28
Outcast
Colt :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 1 Year
Mali :: Rough Collie :: None Brit

Momma, I don't know what the word anxiety means. But I feel it in my chest, like a raging fire and a weight that tries to collapse my ribcage. I feel pressured and small, like I'm being forced into a smaller and smaller box the longer he stares at me, silent. Momma, you try to tell me to be brave, but I can hear the emptiness in your words. I know what you really mean is to suffer in silence, because you don't want to know what your greed has done to me, not when you see your mistake in my face every day. So I lock my knees and try to be your good little soldier, even if my sword is broken and my shield is battered far beyond the age upon my limbs. His confusion is only a further cause of stress to me, and I want to whimper like a beaten dog beneath his piercing gaze. Wildly I wish that you are here, that I may hide behind your light once more, the position I most naturally fall into.

But when my wish is answered, suddenly I find I do not want you here at all. I had forgotten how bright you are, Momma, how sharp and explosive. All things that make me cower and shy away, a creature of sensitivity and silence. You cut in front of me, shield my view while concealing my frame behind the slightness of your own. Faeanne is beside you, no, beside me now. I don't know what to say to her, but I limp a little closer. She's bright like you, Momma, but I can't help but want her sisterhood. I don't follow you around as she does, does that disappoint you Momma? Do you wish I would stay in your presence, adopt more of your traits?

Everything is loud and it's hurting my ears, and I wish you'd stop being so angry, Momma. I don't think the fellow has done anything wrong. But what do I know? So I keep quiet, keep still; keep living as I always have by these two commands scratched into the very bones of the skeleton that holds me up. And even when you speak, Momma, even when your voice is soft like lily petals and sweet as honeysuckle all I can hear is the word; son. You have told me of my father in bitter snippets, and I have learned to stop asking. But now, to have him standing but lengths away- lengths that to me are so far, so impossible to cross with the pain that stabs through my legs as a reminder of my weakness- I can't think of how I should feel.

Your eyes are soft, telling him that I am no devil to fear, that I am sweet. Sweet like Fae's happy humming, or the scent of clover and sweetgrass growing aside one another. Sweet. And maybe it's not beautiful, but it's something close enough for me. My eyes swim but I don't let them fall. Crying isn't beautiful, isn't strong or brave, and so I don't succumb. It's these rare times when I think you might really love me, Momma.

He speaks my name. It sounds odd, foreign, on his tongue. But it's my name regardless. I lift my eyes shyly through thick fanning lashes of the darkest coal, responding to the name you had given me when I first entered this cruel and unforgiving world. Even if I had the freedom to move as I please, I wouldn't have backed away from the stag you call my father as he moves closer. I can't conceive your anger when you told me stories of him, the few times I dared to ask. He doesn't seem as evil as you portray him to be. In fact, his face is open and delighted, intrigued by...by me of all possible living souls!

And I can't remove my stare, hesitant and desperate as it is, craving the affection he seems to contemplate giving. This time, my knees are shaking for a whole new reason, and I keep them locked up tight for fear I will sink to the ground like a broken puppet and he will leave, disgusted with my inability to be a proper son. His words strike me like a hammer's blow, and I stare at him, unable to conceive what he has just breathed upon my harks like a prayer.

Perfect.

And this time, Momma, I can't help but to cry. And I stumble forward and press my muzzle to the one he offers me, so tiny in comparison as silent diamonds spill onto my lashes, their source of happiness making them shallow and fewer in number; clinging instead of tracking down my cheeks. "D-Dad? Ryuu's dad?" I choke on the words, unsure of myself, scared that he won't want to claim the more intimate title that I hesitantly offer to him in the form of a question. I don't know what to do from here, but I fear to remove my touch, instead inhaling his new scent and drinking in the similar features of darkness that echoed in my own reflection.

@[Aurelia]

Ed Ivanushkin @ flickr

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
you guys can skip me <3 just assume aurelia is tjere watching really closely

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.

Voodoo
tear me open pour me out

Hesitant and nervous, you glance to Aurelia, almost begging for permission to touch your son, to hold the warmth of his small body so close and dear to your hammering heart. You expect a quick snap of authority, a harsh bite against dark skin in order to drive you away from the touch of a child; instead, she stands and glares, the cold chill of resentment more than alive in her pupil-less eyes. Even with venom running through her veins, the mare still holds a strange amount of golden beauty that you cannot help but notice, even if she is shrouded in black cloaks of anger right now. Glass eyes shift from the dappled mare's molten gaze to the tender, water-filled eyes of the newborn before you.

This is when your ruby lips reach out longingly, ears folded forward excitedly as the colt seems to take in your raspy words; his eyes are dancing behind a shiny glare and tears begin to pool from the corners of his small eyes. Unsteadily and seeming to be by accident, he manages to take a fumbling step forward, his matte snout ramming into yours with the softest push. The touch could have cause an arch of electricity, but what the small boy said next caused your heart to nearly stop and burst in it's bony cavity - "D-dad? Ryuu's dad?" Now it was not only Ryuu crying, but you as well. Hot tears welted in both semi-gloss eyes, spilling quickly in three large droplets over the edges of black lids. "Yes Ryuu, daddy."

The words -despite their gravely inlay- are warm and gentle, a whisper to the black colt pressed lovingly against your wine-colored snout. The warmth of his velvet-soft touch tickles every nerve in your body, a broad smile replacing quivering lips as a relieved laugh rattles your body. "Ryuu's daddy." You repeat, almost as if the more you said it, the more it would stick in the youth's mind. Your mind is completely occupied by the foal, and as much as we babble and poke fun at how pathetic you look right now, you manage to zone us -and everything around you- out.

Finally you pull your snout up from pressing against Ryuu's, taking a careful step forward and dropping your single horned skull down, hoping to wrap your neck around his back and hug him against your chest. "My beautiful little boy." your voice shakes, another near whisper for Ryuu, Faeanne and Aurelia to hear.

Tagged: @[Ryuu]
Ooc: Sorry for the small bit of powerplay against Aur, I figured it'd be in her character to do so in this situation. If you want it changed Bay, let me know and I'll retype that section. :3

Table by Frostie
IS IN YOUR HEAD