the Rift

[OPEN] Here Me Calling

Beowulf Posts: 48
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18Hh :: 8 winters HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Mykah :: Canadian Lynx :: None Eaglecry

The soft white blanket was gradually receding from the lands. Patches where it was thickest still remained. Signs of life peeked through the white, slices of greens broke up ; that once was; whiteness. A small cub seemed to find these patches of deep snow bounds of fun. Jumping into them and leaping back out with great energy, And not too far behind her was the bulking size of Beowulf, watching her with orange orbs as the young Lynx enjoyed her exploring of the wilds. ”Do not sway from the track Mykah”His deep voice bellowed across the way, though it held a gentle and father-ly tone to it. He spoke the words whether or not the cub could understand him.

The pair had been together for just a short while now, but Mykah was quickly growing. The Lynx cub had found her feet in just a few days, already muscle grew around her weak frame. However that did not mean she was able to fend for herself. The beast still kept one eye on her and the other upon his surroundings. You never could tell when and enemy was approaching.

The path way veered to the left, narrowing; but not enough that the Beast found it tight, a wall of ice and snow loomed up from the ground, a neatly chiseled arch stood before the pair. made from hues of the most deep sapphire blue you'd ever have seen. The beast stood in awe over the sheer beauty. His eye's too busy to watch Mykah. Whom now had swayed further from him than he knew. She had not fully followed the Beast, but found her own path, chasing after the tiny insects that filled the spring air. Mykah was distracted far to easily, her curiosity took over everything, especially still being of such a young age.

Panic ran through the Beast as he turned, searched for his bonded. She was no where in sight and he began to worry for her safety. If another came across him, would they see a predator, even of her being so young. A lynx may be a predator, but to horses they served no danger. They were not as big as a mountain lion, they snacked upon small birds and rodents. Which Beowulf had come to learn. Along with the help of Agrona.

”Mykah!” He called out for her, hoping that she had come to learn the sound of his voice, that she would return to him. He searched with the utmost care, for if he trod where she hid in the shrubs, there may not have been such a good outcome of that. Already he had learned to watch where he stepped, to make sure that Mykah was up in front so he could see her, unless she rode upon his back. Which the kitten had just taken up to doing. Climbing up his leg and up onto his back, Hiding amongst his hair as she slept so easily in the dip of his back.

”Speech Speech.”

@[Aurelia]
::OOC- Aure can find her if you want :D

Love tames the benumbed beast.

[Image: beoicon_by_eagle_cry_designs-da14rlt.png][Image: 53377b251b35e]
*Please tag me in all posts. *Permission granted to cause bodily harm, use magic ect upon me. With the exception of death

Abishia Posts: 225
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16 HH :: 5 years ~ Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Wild.

Her hooves dared to slip from beneath her as she walked upon the ice, a thick coating of it below, and a roof of ice above her also, it seemed. A place she had yet to visit. An odd, weird place, but the scents of cold and pine reached her nostrils, The Basin?   With a swift glance at her surroundings, she decided that No, this place mustn't be part of the Basin, for there was No gates, nor the shining gold guards. 

With a flick of an ear and the whipping of her head, she flexed her shoulder muscles, the calling of a name had interrupted her thoughts. A low, deep voice, by the scents of it, belonging to a male. But why did she feel fear? She was never afraid of such things. 

Within a few steps, he came into View. A huge, startling sight. She wanted to flee, her instincts screaming at her to run, hide. But she was sure he had spotted her, for she was facing him head on, and he was only a few paces away. Her heart beat quickened, thumping in her chest,  blood raging in her harks. She glanced about, flicking her harks nervously. He was very large, with a mighty mane and not one, but a few horns. A beautiful but freighting sight. But I am horned now too. I don't have to be scared. Bowing her dome to him, she parted her maw to let kindred vocals call out in a polite greeting. "Greetings sir, I am Abishia.  "

@[Beowulf]

"blah blah blah."

ABISHIA

Image Credits

lines
please tag me in any and all posts

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee

Aurelia
Keep your head up, keep your heart strong.

"talk talk talk"

I walk through this field of ice with one thing in mind. Fire. As soon as I think the word, my entire body is licked with flames that resonate warmth throughout my golden-white body. My foals have been born, my snake has hatched. Neither are with me, though. All I have today is my sanity (maybe?). In the distance, I see a cave. It blends in with it's surroundings pretty well, but I've been analyzing every inch of this land. This tactic is how I noticed this cave. If I hadn't been studying every curve and bump in the ground, every wall of snow, every blue-topped mountain, I would never have found this ice ridden cave in which two horses were gathering.

I see this figure of what looks like a horse, but may be a deer... or a cow? The animal has flashy black splotches all over it's body that stand out quite a lot in the background of this icy land. The figure slips into the cave. Instantly, I want to explore this cave that did not interest me before. My gait is thrust forward my a leisure walk to a fast-paced gallop. The crunch of snow is crunching loudy under my slick beige hooves. Each step requires more work, as I have to drag my hooves out of the snow and place them back onto it-- only to have them sink deep into the snow again. I am not sweating, though. In fact, I am actually kind of cold. I lived in the Dragon's Throat for quite some time, and that was the setting for me.. not cold lands where I am attacked by stupid stallions with horns and ugly-ass markings. I've been called a temptress here, and I am not exactly doubting that idea now, but is that an insult or a compliment? Many horses cannot attract others, for they are ugly, but everyone says I'm beautiful...

Am I blind to this beauty everyone sees?

"I am Abishia." I reach the entrance of the cave where I am slowed to a walk and join what seems to be two horses. Instantly, I see the cow-deer-horse-mare. She is actually pretty.. maybe? Again, I may be blind to beauty. This foal is the one from the threshold. I met her while recruiting Draeseong. The noble stallion had attracted two mares quite quickly, and they were all for staying and chatting, where as me... Well, I'm not afraid to go in there and demand they follow. "You're the girl from the Threshold. You didn't follow me to the World's Edge.." My features turn into an expression a cop might have while interrogating a suspect. "Are you a sick-wraith animal or a stupid mare?" I retort. Maybe if I scold her, she'll know to take advice when it's given next time. I do not like mares, a lot of the time. Many are stupid, annoying, and irrational. Maybe Note is a mare after all? I wouldn't be surprised. I think the Moon God of Sun God (who I hear is quite handsome, but impatient and hot-tempered) would love to turn a girl mare into a stallion and see what happens.

My gaze flicks towards the stallion Abishia is talking to and right away, I think: hair. Isn't he hot with so much hair? I know, for sure, I would just quest to be bald if I had all that hair. Well-- I don't know, because that would look bad. Luckily, I am not the one who has to worry about all these decisions. I wonder if he wakes up and asks himself "Braids, down, or pigtails?" "I'm Aurelia, a World's Edge Philosopher. Who are you, blue stallion?" I extend my muzzle to him, hoping to bump my soft pink nose against his whisker...y one.

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.