the Rift

[OPEN] Choking On Dust [joining]

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno

It held to her like it always would do, hanging to the loose threads that strung themselves around her heart and dragging her back to the place it always wanted her at. The feeling tugged hard, paining the weak parts of her chest and tearing them off of her as if she would never need them again. Home was going to become a prison and here she was, bringing someone that she truly cared for, something that was hard to come by these days, all the way to what was now her prison only because he wished to see the Throat.
She thinks for a moment, with sea salt coating the air and the sound of waves kissing the beaches in her ears, if it would be good to let him know that she wasn't sure this was something she wanted to do to him. He wanted to come here, and if she found safety and comfort in having a friend close by, then she would let his wishes be.
It's a selfish thing, but she doesn't care much for it now.
The whole way to their destination, she could do nothing but bring up small talk. She would offer him the occasional words about the weather, attempt to find something never too serious between the two of them. The incident at the Frozen Arch left her uneasy, restless with her mind begging her body to allow some sort of relief. When she was through with this thing, she could think nothing more of taking off from the Throat and going as far as she could, where she could eat herbs like some drug addict and sleep in the hold of a pond. It sounded so wonderful, but it remained more than far away.
The Dragon's Throat wasted no time in the typical welcome gave to all that came across the desert land, opening up before them with a sea of sand that blew upwards, smashing into her face and engraving itself into her coat, into her hair, hanging in the thin fibers of her eyelashes. The set of feathers hung up in her forelock flickered with the blast, the glittering display that the white one had once given off now becoming dull.
She hopes he's still following her when she opens her lips and gives him a bit of know-how.
"It's the storm season, so don't be surprised with the weather's attitude. It only gets worse with the heat after this."
If he is not back there, she didn't care. Her voice faded into the air about her and left her ears. If he'd left her, then it only gave her more of a reason to take off and bolt, to find herbs somewhere in the wilderness and bring them back to offer to the herd, to place a reason as of why she wasn't around.
Maybe then they wouldn't be so aware of her state, and she could be alone.

OOC: Would like to ask that Sacre post before anyone else does, just for the timeline of the thread to run smoother.

@[Sacre]
If you could hear me then, can you hear me now?

Image Credits

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi
Sacre
show me your fears, show me your scars
I'll take whatever's left of your heart.

"Wa- wait!" Sacre had shouted after her as she had began to move away from him. The boy hadn't expected her to start the journey straight away, surely she had needed to rest first?! Away she had gone, however, and Sacre quickly followed wishing not to be left behind nor get lost along the way. Inari bounced after them with excited yips, they were going some place different, a place they had never seen before! Both horse and fox were frantic with anticipation. Was this finally going to be the chance to feel like they belong somewhere. As they had travelled, however, Sacre felt a part of himself being torn away as each step took him further and further away from his family, his old home and Roux. Even now when he'd obtained the arrow that would always connect him to Roux, he always still felt an inch lost without the red colt by his side. It was then that Sacre decided, once he'd found this Dragons Throat, he would make a point of finding Roux and offer to take his twin with him. Yes, that was what he would do.

He indulged in her small talk along the way, answering simply back and commenting on the weather. It was a long hard trek, but finally they reached the Throat land with a trumpeting sound of arrival courtesy of Inari. Who yipped madly at the vast expanse of desert before them. Sacre stood his mouth agape; he'd never seen anything like this before! It was hot, humidly so and the dust picked up in the wind. It was nothing he couldn't get used to though, the Aurora Basin in the deep winter was very similar, except it was cold snow in the face. He laughs at her comment, a boyish sunshine of a laugh "this is like the exact opposite of the Basin. Just sandstorms instead of blizzards." He felt the wind pick up and play with his dark mane, its power was exciting and sent a whoosh through his body. The dust was a pain, however, and his eyes narrowed to slits as he tried to see through it and lock onto the form of Sikeax.

Walking up to where he thought her side was, he looked out across the vast expanse before looking back. "Is there any shelter here?" He asked hopefully, it was hard to talk after all with sand in your mouth, nose and ears.

@[Africa] & @[Sohalia]
Tagging so you see his request to join thread :D but please take your time <3

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia

She fell into the sky as a dove released from its cage, a flurry of brilliant ivory feathers and whipping silver hair. The sun shone brightly high above her, and, not for the first time, she wondered what it would be like to rise higher and higher, to lose herself in all of His glory and light and heat. There was not a cloud in the sky, and she rose, soaring effortlessly through the endless blue, enjoying the sensation of the wind in her banner and the companionship of her zephyr, who glided along beside her. It was a lovely day, made even lovelier by her recent ascension to leadership beside her dear friend, Africa.

She wasn't quite sure how it had happened; one day, she had been simply the Forger, content and even eager to lose herself in the work that was so clearly cut out for her beautiful gift of magic, and the next day, she had been given the title Sultana and the myriad responsibilities that came along with it. Never in her life had she imagined climbing to the highest rank of a herd - though, come to think of it, she had never even imagined herself in a herd, either - and yet, here she was. She had to wonder if there wasn't a higher power at play, a universal ulterior motive. She had to wonder if there wasn't a reason for all that had happened to her until now.

Shadows on the ground drew her attention, and she smiled as she folded her wings to drop to the ground. For the first time, she would be able to welcome any newcomers into their folds as a Sultana. For the first time, she would have the final stay on who could stay and who should go. Astraeus was a golden blur beside her, his greeting shriek ringing in her ears as she landed on dainty hooves, leaving enough room to drop from a canter to a walk, arriving in front of the pair breathless and bright-eyed from her flight. She was familiar with Sikeax, if only by name, but the unicorn colt was unknown to her. "Hello," she said, nodding to the filly while looking curiously at the boy. "I am Sohalia, Sultana of the Dragon's Throat. Welcome to the desert."

"Talk talk talk."
@[Sikeax], @[Sacre]

Sohalia
Don't wanna leave this life knowing I barely tried...
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno
 </style>

He was in no rush, unlike herself. He was right behind her the whole way, keeping with her pace and seeming more than eager to get a place that she found so common. She'd become so accustom to the desert that it never bothered her. He speaks of the winters up north momentarily, and she feels the urge to tell him she grew up right outside of his birth place at the Frozen Arch in the dead of Frostfall, but something tells her it's useless information that wouldn't be worth telling him about.
He tells her about the blizzards and she can't help but smile. Yes, she knows how they are, but the sandstorms that occasionally work their way into the Dragon's Throat are nothing like the blizzards. They pass quickly and don't fight with a vengenace that makes living here a nightmare. There aren't harsh falls and you can always find a place to block out the sand, instead of being fully engulfed within the cold and the pelting ice that is thrown in every which direction.
"There's more shelter than you would think there is. The oasis is up ahead, which you'll get a chance to know well once you're accepted. We're surrounded by the ocean on every side, and the only way in is through this land bridge, unless you can fly. There's also a lot of Pegasus here, but they don't bi-"
She cuts her words like a knife cuts through a cooked piece of meat. Her words must of carried the power to summon, having seen the sight of Sohalia coming forth from the sky and landing before her. The weight that had been held atop her heart gave way a bit more, pleased to see someone she knew from when she had first come to the Dragon's Throat. Sohalia had a good head and a kind heart from what she knew.
While the winged mare came to them, she brought herself to a stop and looked over to Sacre to see if he was looking presentable. It sounds like such a thing that could be used in the name of an insult, but she had no meaning to it that way. She wanted rest, and her body refused to hide the fact that she was desperate for it.
Sohalia's voice came to her ears in a soft way of riding the wind, lingering for a moment so that Sikeax could let her nerves settle with the sound of a herd mate's calming presence. The subject of the white mare's new rank brought surprise to her, quickly pushed away to let happiness slip in for her sister.
"Hello, Sohalia. Congratulations on your new rank." She refuses right then to let Sohalia know that something was bothering her. She wanted to make sure that they knew she was willing to keep up with any responsibilities given to her, and that personal issues could be pushed away for the well being of her herd and family members.
"This is my friend, Sacre." She motions to the black colt with her horn. "He wished to come to the Throat with me, so I brought him back."
The sight of the bird behind the mare brings curiosity, intrigued by the new being. It was more than different, reminding her of Silas in the fact that it was a large bird and trailed closely behind a Pegasus, though she finds herself lacking the ability to ask the question. Her eyes are heavy, tired, blurring out what there was and merging the colours into one another. Her throat was dry already. The desert always had the ability to leave her that way, and so close to home now, she felt even more far away than ever.

@[Sacre] @[Sohalia]

Thank You to

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi
Sacre
show me your fears, show me your scars
I'll take whatever's left of your heart.

"well once you're accepted." Sacre shivered in excitement and a little apprehension. His only home for the very early months of his life had been the Aurora Basin and, although he had fallen out of love with the place, there was still part of him that missed the snowy mountains and he felt somewhat dis-loyal for leaving. He wondered if Roux was still there, still discontent with it all, after all it was Roux that first mentioned unsure feelings towards their childhood home. Once proceedings were over here and hopefully the herd would accept him, would he be able to go find Roux? To bring him to the Dragons Throat. Would he even come? His brother had always had his own mind, even though they'd been so close, there were quite a few times when Sacre felt more dependant on his blind twin. Sacre just worried about him, if he still remained in the mountains then they were opposite ends of the land now, it would take him much longer to find him. At least, like he had Inari, Roux had his bird and was no longer alone.

Sacre turned his attention to the desert land and Sikeax then as he wondered what kind of land it was, what horses inhabited it? Levi had sung praise and wonder which spurred the colt onwards to find it. Now he was here he felt a little nervous. Sacre had never had to have been accepted into a herd before, not when he had been born into one, this was something completely new and different. Something he craved; a home that felt like home.

Sikeax cut off her words and Sacre frowned at her, following her gaze to the approaching dove that descended from the sky with a golden bird that quickly captured the young boys attention. This one was nothing like Roux's kite or that spotty stallion's owl, he'd never in his life seen a golden bird before and when the two landed the snowy mare addressed herself as Sohalia; the Sultana. Inari's gaze widened at their new company as he sat back on his haunches between his bonded's dark legs, taking in the dazzling pair through a whirl of sand.

He is introduced by Sikeax who had offered shortly early a congratulations of new rank, so the mare Sohalia was relatively new? It made no difference, she was still the one in command and Sacre took a moment to take a deep breath before plunging into talk. "Thank you for the welcome!" He rather awkwardly dipped his head making it quite obvious he had not been around anybody important sounding in a while. "I'm sorry for intruding, but I've wanted to come here since I met Levi in the forests, he spoke warm words of this place. I wondered if you might permit me to enter your herd and call it home."

It all seemed rather strange to the young boy who almost felt like he had to somehow impress her, though there wasn't much about him that was impressive. It was almost like he was asking for the last piece of bread in a long queue of people, like he needed something important to make him stand out. Yet, Sacre failed miserably at finding it and instead glanced at Inari for support before speaking honestly. "We've travelled almost everywhere in the wilds, talked to many interesting horses and we had fun, but it's very lonely out there and we can't share our stories with anyone." He laughed at that, stories, facts of their life, it was the only thing Sacre had to offer accept maybe his horn and a willing mind.

@[Sohalia]

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia

He was as black as night, or would have been if not for the deep red lightening his hide at various points. He stood quite a bit higher than the petite Sultana, who had to lift her head and crane her neck ever-so-slightly to smile into his light blue eyes. His horn was red and long, and though the history of the Dragon's Throat suggested that she keep his kind at a wary distance, she dismissed the errant thought with a brief bob of her head and stepped a bit closer, creating a more intimate circle.

The young unicorn filly greeted her with only the slightest hint of surprise in her tones. The dove smiled at her, a gentleness shining from within bi-colored orbs. "Thank you, Sikeax. We haven't had the chance to formally announce the change in leadership, but I do hope to serve our family to the best of my ability." She rather wished that Sikeax had not alluded to the change in rank, but it was no use crying over spilled milk, now, was it? Still, the angel had hoped to be seen as a strong, but kind, leader, and though she knew that she would have to earn her place, she found herself ruefully thinking of the ease with which Ampere had assumed the throne.

At the mention of the newcomer, Sohalia added, "Welcome, Sacre. It is my pleasure to welcome you to the Dragon's Throat." She paused, allowing the excited vocals of the colt to fill the silence she left behind, nodding occasionally throughout his brief narrative. Astraeus preened himself, having landed gracefully on her back, watching the pair of unicorns with a sharp, golden gaze. "You are hardly intruding, my dear," she said with an almost motherly amusement. "Particularly as you have been invited by Levi and accompanied this far by Sikeax. I am quite pleased that you have accepted their invitations, and I would like to be the first to welcome you home."

"Talk talk talk."
@[Sikeax], @[Sacre]

Sohalia
Don't wanna leave this life knowing I barely tried...
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!