the Rift

Light's Absence [Quest]

Rishima Posts: 137
World's Edge Moon Advocate
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Kali :: Common Griffin :: Draining Clutch Charks
Abysmal heat served as the first indicator of our arrival in this horrendous hell-hole of a land. I had detected some twinge of disgust in Mirage's suggestion of the Heart, and while I was curious, I did not press the issue. Indeed, I am ashamed to admit that the concern passed from my mind with uncommon abruptness. I was excited, invigorated by the companionship of Mirage and Akaith, the prospect of an adventure in the company of she I held dearest. With a triumphant whinny, I set off, grinning back at Mirage as ebon legs tore the ground, a sudden canter reminding me of the last time I was here, the last time I ran, Asur... What a day of highs and lows that had been, and what an echo this was setting up to become!

---

The day was fading as we arrived, grasslands abruptly falling away into flickering shadows, dried and acrid plains and the gaping wound that spilled echoes of fire across our matching hides. I drew to a halt as we entered the land, squinting against the swiftly falling sun. "There is certainly darkness here," I murmur to Mirage. "And light. Where does it come from, though?" I eyed my sister curiously, wondering what thoughts she might offer on the subject. The shadows cast by the setting sun were long and dark, spidery creatures slowly slinking across the decrepit plain. Where did they come from? Light's absence... was not the absence of light, the source of dark?

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit
Despite the differences in size and conformation, pace is matched, their decline down the steep hill of the Heavenly Fields and subsequent gallivanting across the Thistle Meadows eventually bringing them to the Heart. Many memories tugged at Mirage's mind, they threatened to overwhelm her. Shivers, despite the heat, rattled her spine, she did not like it here, though she had spent a pleasurable moment here with her sister and their winged friend, Couth, too many dark, hateful things had occurred here also. The final demise of that stallion… No. Akaith's command invaded her mind, interrupting the dark, dismal thoughts that dared to distract her from their task. He is dead. You are not. The dragon said sharply, simply.

A soft snort rolled through her nares, as Mirage pulled up alongside her sister to gaze over the lands before them. "The light is from the Earth.. A great fire, like that of the Sun above us. It scorches everything and leaves behind charred darkness." Murmurs pushed forth from her maw, curious, gentle, inquiring voicing of her thoughts. "I think this darkness is caused by the presence of light, of fire.. Light is not absent here." Still she awaited some sort of sign, some kind of indication as to whether they were on the right track, or whether their hooves would need to take them further across the lands. Akaith gently landed upon the back of her bonded, chirruping into the strange, barren lands.