the Rift

[OPEN] don't be mad

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
   ranjiri</style>
  dreams start their drifting and you hear a lullaby</style>

My wings felt particularly heavy as I flew toward the place that had been known as the Foothills before the sickness had struck. It had been my home. It was where I was born and now it was gone. I felt like part of my childhood disappeared with it because I couldn't say 'this field was where Bear and I played tag' anymore. Everything was different and I'm already one that doesn't really like change. Anyways, I had heard through the grapevine that Daddy wasn't the leader of the Throat anymore. He was in the Hidden Falls now. Part of me wondered what had made him decide to leave the Throat when he'd been so adamant about staying when I was younger, but I suppose he had his reasons.

I made my descent when I finally reached the new land, my hooves found purchase on the ground and I trotted forward a few steps before I stopped and folded my wings against my sides. Instinct told me not to go into the land because I didn't know the people and they didn't know me like they did in the Throat. Everyone there knew, or assumed, that I was at least kin to Midas the Gallant. Their leader. The desire to see my dad, though, made me walk hesitantly into the herdland.

"Dad?" I called, hoping that he was somewhere near and would find me before anyone else did. I cleared my throat then called again with a little more confidence. "Dad! Fina!" I called her name, remembering that he had the fire-bird. If she was anywhere near I hoped that she would tell daddy that I was looking for him and would bring him to me.

"Talk."

@[Midas]

Credits

aud pixel!
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

High in the atmosphere I’d been circling, enjoying the silence—the peace that came from having wings full of wind and gentle torrents to ride upon. My aurous gaze would drift low every so often, marking certain landpoints that appeared as small fussy dots to my limited vision. Ever more I stood as the silent sentinel, watching from above. Fina patrolled the mountains closest to the sea, my preference was the hidden entrance.

I had heard her call, swirling into heaven with almost pleading note. She wouldn’t’ have to wait for long, my beloved daughter was just below me. Upon hearing the first ringing I drew wings inward, tucking them low until this body fell from current height to lower points that would allow ample space for a visual of who called and sounded so similar to my youngest child. Little Ranjiri.

Her golden feathers shimmered in the glade, eyes searching toward the forest and drifting up with a searching purpose. I beamed as only a proud father could, the sight of this innocent cherub warmed something down in the very core of my being. I’d not laid eyes upon the gilded girl since the day of her curing—a fateful day for us both. It was upon bent knee that I’d laid beside her that eve, uncertain in grief as she fled into other parts of the world before a single motion could be made toward a halt.

Those dark nights had faded into only a memory and no sign of discontent could be found as I drifted lower still. Eagerly searching ground with outstretched limbs ready for impact. Gold flourished as daggers kissed the dirt, it spread from my cantering steps, wings remained outstretched—moving to embrace her, the one who had been carried by the lovely temptress, Ktulu. “My child, it lifts heart to see ye is well.”

MIDAS & FINA
I'm waking up to ash and dust

STOCK CREDITS
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

ranjiri</style>

There was a few minutes that passed that I didn't think my dad or Fina would show when I called for them. I was scared that they didn't want to see me because of what I had been. It had taken a lot out of me to gather my courage and come back here and when he didn't show immediately I felt like crying. Really, though, it was silly of me to think that he would just appear out of thin air. The herd land was rather large and he could be anywhere. With that idea fresh in my brain I held my ground and waited a bit longer, but with each passing minute my hope diminished. Finally, I turned to walk back toward the border when I heard wings followed by his voice.

“My child, it lifts heart to see ye is well.”

"Dad." I said as I turned back toward him, a hesitant smile curling the corners of my mouth. He didn't seem upset with me, only happy to see me again. "I missed you." I wanted so badly to run to my dad like a little child and burrow under his wing and hide, but I stayed where I was. My wings tightened against my sides then loosened again and my tail swished against my legs. There were many things I wanted to say and questions I wanted to ask, but I couldn't without apologizing first.

"I'm sorry." My smile had faded as I spoke my apology. "I.. I didn't want to." It was kind of a lie. Whatever darkness had infested my soul had brought out all of the ill feelings and thoughts about my dad that I'd suppressed all of my life. "I'm sorry I hurt you."

"Talk."

@[Midas]

Credits

aud pixel!
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

She didn’t try to hidden visible sorrow and the pain that was riddled across her face, my features smoothed from concern into a velvet tenderness when the golden cherub stumbled through an apology that wasn’t necessary. Any parent could understand how I would always love my children, no matter their sins against this world. “It wasn’t actually ye who spoke those things,” voice was soft, encouraging. Gold dipped wings stretched further apart, limbs moved to close what remained of the distance between us--reaching for her and enveloping my babe in warmth as feathers danced across her spine.

Muscled threads carried crown higher, tickling muzzle yearned for a cheek before running the length of her neck in a firm but gentle embrace. “Think of it no more, dear one.” She smelled of sweat and salt. There were stirrings of guilt, knowledge that if I’d somehow been with this sweet soul before the sickness came—perhaps the result might have been different.

In those moments that we stood near each other I wondered about the darkness and disease that had descended upon Helovia, and if we’d actually overcame the danger or if it had only been pushed back. Soon to rise again, stronger and more likely to cause death. “Has ye settled into a home yet Ranjiri?” I asked, “Or seen either of thee’s elder brothers?”I’d been able to talk to Cera, but there had been no trace of Hototo. I could only hope that the eldest son was alive and well. Earth was surely keeping a keen eye on the fruit of his loin.

MIDAS & FINA

STOCK CREDITS

ranjiri</style>

I didn't disagree when my dad said I wasn't the one who had spoken the hurtful things that I had. What good would it do to disagree? He would only insist that I hadn't. Or maybe I would just hurt him even more when I told him that I had spoken them. It had taken whatever evil had infected my body to loosen my tongue enough, make me hateful enough to want to hurt him like I did. I remember not feeling like it was enough to just emotionally hurt him. I wanted to physically destroy him. Just remember it made me sick to my stomach an I winced as he embraced me, so easily forgiving my faults. He had a weak child and he loved me anyway.

"Think of it no more, dear one."

"Its easier said than done." I retorted, frowning. But he was right, there was no doubt about it. I should just try to forget all about it instead of dwell on it. Dragomir had pretty much said the same thing. "Tell me that you forive me." I whispered. I knew already, in my heart, that he did but I needed to hear it for my own peace of mind as selfish as that might sound.

Daddy asked about a home and my brothers and I shook my head. "Not yet... No." I hadn't seen Hototo since he left the Edge when Momma was in charge there and Cera ... I could barely even remember what he looked like. "Why are you here now?" I asked. "Why not the Throat?"

"."

@[Midas]

Credits

aud pixel!
Ascended Helovian

Deceased

She pleaded for my forgiveness. Oh that I was been able to chase away those memories, trade our thoughts, she’d know that I’d already forgiven any and all transgressions even before those hateful words had left her lips. “I forgive ye, of course I do.” One day my dear daughter would have a child of her own (the gods be good, not to soon.) Ranjiri would understand that some forms of love were of the purest variety—a special affection that was for offspring alone.

The child of sand hadn’t seen Hototo or Cera, and I sentenced myself to an all too familiar inquiry of my purpose in this landscape. “Earth came to me during the sickness and dark time—he requested my presence as a ruler for this territory, and Sun chose new leaders to carry on the reign back home.” I’d heard little to nothing on who these new sultans or sultana’s were. It was assumed the Guacho would be leading as a Sultan, there’d been no noticeable reason for him to abandon the throat—but as for his colead, I could only pray that the Sun wasn’t faulty with his choice.

“This…is where I’ve been living these past months…” Shame colored my tone as I added with a sad little shake, “Cera was less than pleased with my choice.” Would she condemn me as well? Had I truly failed as a mate and a father simply because I hadn’t left home all those years ago when Ktulu had asked it of me.

MIDAS & FINA

STOCK CREDITS