the Rift

[DROP] Royal NS Companion Drop

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

Royal, Mythical NS Companion Drop

|| Kitsune, Boggart, Cerndyr, Hellhound

The race to the egg has begun. A stunning, turquoise gem sits in a pile of kept and driftwood, and it is all alone. You want it, need it, and have to have it in any way, shape or form. So, you run. You run for it because you know whoever gets to it first will take the egg as their own. Inside is a precious treasure, and you know this for a fact.

This will be a dice roll race! All previous denials will be used in your favor in the dice. You have 96 hours to post to this drop before it will close.

Delsolea Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
delsolea
the static on your arm - it is the catalyst
She flies down the beach, with mane and tail streaming behind her. Her wings are tucked to her sides to minimise wind friction, to give her the speed. She had seen something gleaming, shining away in the sand and her curiosity has finally won out. So far her time in Helovia had been time well spent, meeting Abishia and Aurelia and meeting Liit and Oxy in the Meadow; she had come to the beach because it was where she belonged, where she loved. The wind was strong here, it gave her an ease to open her wings and soar. For now though, there was no need to fly.

There was only a need to run.

The gleaming egg was fixed in her vision as she opened her stride out, though she could barely make it out. For a moment it disappeared behind a larger piece of driftwood that blocked her path. Delsolea took one shorter stride before it, preparing herself. As her stride came together her hind legs planted together, muscles bunching and releasing with energy roaring in her arteries and veins, propelling her straight over the object. Delsolea grinned. This is where she was strongest; agility and speed.

Landing on the other side, Delsolea continued to run until she was there – though she doubted she was the only one heading towards the object. As she comes in closer her speed drops a little to give her a moment of caution, hesitation – in case there was a trap waiting to be sprung – but there was nothing, and she came upon the pile now, slowing to a walk and a halt as she peers down at the object.

The egg was a marvel, she could see now. Delsolea watches it as she looks on, wondering if it was a companion of sorts. She had seen quite a few, wondering where they had come from – perhaps this was it.

With shining eyes Delsolea continues to watch, resisting the temptation to touch it… quite a hard one to resist, with the colour and shine, as it lay amongst the contrasting driftwood and seaweed.

Wishlist
Delsolea hopes for a cerndyr with Lamplight.
image by tamme <3

[ooc] hope i've done this one right <33 i hope!

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel

Nothing could ever change the past, nothing could ever bring back those who were lost, the only thing one could do was to move forward and look to the horizon. There would be pain and suffering along the way but maybe eventually things would get better and turn into something that was worth living for. The white mare stood staring out over the water letting the events of the last month or two finally sink in. It was shocking that things had changed so dramatically but she felt for the first time in a long time she was finally moving in the right direction.

Turning her head the brilliant object caught her eye and again her vision narrowed until it was only the beautiful egg she could see. It was calling out for her to come to it, claim it as her own, there was no way she could deny it. With a graceful toss of her head she jumped forward into a smooth canter so that she may get to the egg before anyone else did. Before she had tried for something so magical and been turned down, this was her chance to feel what it was like to have something so dear. Another soul connected to her own, she could not even imagine what it would feel like but she knew that she wanted to be the one to experience it.

The sand of the beach moved out of her way easily as her strides carried her closer and closer, it was so beautiful. As it came into better focus she knew that she needed to be the one to care for it, to look after it and to raise it. She didn't mind whatever creature was inside, she would love it all the same, little did she know it would be a potential addition to the unexpected baby growing inside her.

Brisa speaks

Brisa is hoping for a Kitsune companion with
Electric ability: lightning can manifest from the tails and be used as whip-like weapons

1 previous denial
Step Right Up

Wishlist

Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Liit Posts: N/A
Unregistered
every day the gods are flipping coins

The ocean roared as it did when she found herself there yet again. This time she was completely alone, without a single soul to see her as she picked her way along the edge of the sea, hooves awash with white foam and her eyes turned towards the distant horizon. What snatches her attention is little more than a soft glimmer, one that glints in the corner of her eye as the beach seems to curve away from her and to the far right. Squinting and trying to see, she thinks she has missed it, whatever it was, and that perhaps it was just a shining piece of glass that had survived the waves.

A few more steps on and she finds that something is blinking in the sunlight still, this time drawing her in. Not too far up the edge of the beach does she see it, a small, blue-green globe that appears to be peeking up from a nest of salt-smoothed wood and seaweed that had been torn up from the ocean. Sucked in by the vibrant appearance of the strange thing, still a fair distance away, the pale mare picks up her pace, hoping to get a glimpse of the curiosity before anyone else has managed to snatch it away from her. With her near-white legs quickening and her tail flicking behind her in the sea air, she moves at a quick jog up the beach, her dark eyes fixated on the small glimmer of colour that has seemingly risen out of the sand.

Once close enough to the mysterious thing, she slows, seeing that it is a strange egg, and that perhaps she had stumbled upon the nest of a monster. Oddly, she is not disturbed by this thought and continues onwards, a stare glued to the smooth shell of the egg that had reflected the sun into her eyes only moments ago, and her nose pushed outwards as she strives to touch it. She was unsure of what she had stumbled upon, thinking that perhaps it was a trap and that she was soon to be devoured by some rampaging beast that should be enraged at her close proximity to their treasure, yet she cannot help but lean in closer and closer as she reaches out towards the egg.

Wishlist
Liit hopes for a Cerndyr with the Earth Spirit ability.
<style type="text/css">#liitluv p::first-letter { padding-left: 20px; font-family: 'Cinzel Decorative', 'cursive'; font-size: 16px; color: #323627; line-height: 90%; }</style>

Tamme the Tempting Posts: 140
Administrator
Mare :: Other :: 2 :: 2 HP: 9001 | Buff: Admin
Tamme
Note to all players: after an admin discussion, this is open to those whose wishlists have not been posted for 30 days.

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia
The new colt new he shouldn't be this far away from his mother, but there was something drawing him this way. Something seemed to be screaming the hybrid colt's name. He knew mother would be beyond angry at him fro running off while she slept, but the voice was irresistible. The pale yellow and teal colt trampled on, long legs still slightly unstable, since he was only a few days old. This place was strange, very weird indeed, the ground was very soft, and slippery under his thin pointed hooves. In the colt's excitement he spread his little wings wide, even though the silver and teal appendages were only two feet from tip to tip. The trees were gone making it easier for the horned and winged foal to buck and kick as he ran towards the voice in his head. Since he was so young, the sound of the voice calling his name didn't bother him at all. He had already been taught to come when his name was being called, so why not follow this voice?

He squealed in delight as he pushed his small body forward. A strange whooshing noise, almost drew him up short. Not to far from him there was a the largest amount of water he had ever seen. He squealed again and was about to gallop towards the water, when the voice force in his head screamed it's loudest yet. Wheeling about his eyes fell on a mess of wood and kelp not to far from him. Bright silver eyes land on a few others around, before he takes off.

All playfulness was gone replaced by a very serious and desperate urge to get to the tiny blue green speck placed on top of the pile. He HAD to reach it he HAD to beat everyone else. He was off, sand flying behind his his short black and white tipped tail flying behind him as he tore across the ground. This was going to be his, it was his prize to take back to Mamma. Oh how proud she would be when he brought that tiny turquoise orb back to her!

"Talking"’Thinking’
Words: 358
OOC: He wants a Royal Cerndyr Earth Spirit Wishlist
Ilios
Image CreditSevin's table design

Abishia Posts: 225
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16 HH :: 5 years ~ Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Wild.

The waves crash against her hooves as She stands, dome turned to look out upon the waterscape, at peace with herself And her surroundings. Lazy glare turns to shore, but is soon widened by the sun glinting off something... precious.

Curiosity arouses, forcing her to move her clefts in it's direction. Something yearns for her. Her muscles lurch her into a awkward gallop, fast and uncontrollable. Skidding to a stop, the sides of her barrel heave, nostrils flaring and her gaze wild and free. Below her is a pile of drift wood. She stares harder. There is something i need. Something that i have to have... She comes across treasure. Blue, shining, valuable. Pure joy lightens her features, curling her kissers into a smile. Flicking her lobes, She realizes She is completely alone... This thing... Could be hers. A giggle erupts from her. It must be an egg of some sort... She tips her head, slightly confused at how the thing got here, And why was it so damn intriguing? Realization struck. A companion!  This must be where they come from! Her smile only grew. She glazed the shore And waters with a swift glance, insuring that No one was around. "Hello little precious. Why are you alone? Where is your bonded? " She giggled slightly. Flaring her nares to get a better sniff. It glints again, making her squint in the blinding light. Carefully, She dropped to her knees, hind legs still standing And taught. She stared in wonder."My, my. Why would one leave something as beautiful as you?" 

-----------------------------

Abishia hopes for a Royal Kitsune with Dark Illusions.
Wishlist: http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=11914

"blah blah blah."

ABISHIA

Image Credits

lines
please tag me in any and all posts

Esther Posts: 26
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: Four Years Buff: NOVICE
Emily

Esther
Queen of the Stars

What had drawn me this far out from my new home I did not know. Then again, in my life I have never seen a beach before. I have never know what it's like to run in the sand or feel the splash of salty waters across my frame. This sand feels strange under my different colored hooves. My aqua eyes take in the surroundings, the excitement filling my frame. I nearly prance across the sand.

In all my musings about my first time on a beach, I almost miss it. The shine of the gem, catches my eyes. It is similar to some of my own markings, which just making it even more beautiful to me. I find myself changing direction, my heart beginning to beat faster and faster with the incoming adrenalin. I can see others, racing in all directions for this gem. No, I have to have it. It has to become mine. I have to win. Instinct kicks in, my hooves pounding into the sand as it gives way under me. My size could be both a hindrance and a help. I was slimmer than any other draft, gifted with my mother's speed. However if needed I had some weight I could throw around if it came to a fight.

Either way, I want it, I have to have it. Somehow I just know if I don't arrive first, I will lose my chance at something amazing. I can only hope it is something as amazing as the connection between Dèodat and Odette. I should only be so lucky! Please, let me get there in time! I drew close, but I do not know if I was first.... Oh please let me be first...

"blah blah blah."

Wishlist: Cerndyr | Starpast

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

T H R A N D U I L
There came a merry day in spring,
Where the waves crash and fall,
When the masses raced to claim winner's ring,
And the golden fought to answer the call.

Below the sun there flashes its twin. A coat that shines as the sun but sparks with more clarity that the sands the cloven hooves kick up. Muscles pull against their bonds as he stretches out, trying as he might to pull the cold from their depths. Earth eyes flashing below twin Impala horns. At this trot he had left the colds of mountains early in the morning, hearing tell of a beach off on the coast where the warm spring sun could be felt in its full glory, hinting at the summer beyond. Thranduil needed the heat. The Basin was where he desired to be, with so many there to toy with, but the golden son was not yet used to its rolling winds, and icy paths. He was born of the drier lands, where the heat of even a winter day could bring a sweat in a full run. When at last he had found that blessed beach the young buck kicked up his heels and set off pulling his muscles out. Feeling the spring sun absorb into him, and the cool spring breeze and ocean mist roll around him, twisting with his ever growing vanilla locks.

He had not travelled far when he rounded a turn, nares finding them before his eyes or harks. Head rose, and limber limbs shortened their stride. There were many about this place, equine, unicorn (fake Unicorn- Thranduil resisted a smirk), and Pegasus. What drew them- It was placed like a jewel in a stone, but with the careless nature, like a child setting aside diamonds with no care of their value. Yet, it was not clear, but a blue as light and as calling as the waters of the sea. Harks lifted. Heart pounded. Eyes clouded. Had it called to him? Thranduil knew not what lay upon the driftwood, but felt only that he must know. Now. Sand roared back from his heels like waves of gold as the youth lunged forward. Earth eyes looked beyond to finally see the others he had sensed racing towards the egg. It was a race. It was a race. He could not hide the smile that swept his maw as he settled on the prize once more. Competitiveness was pushing him, but whatever lay in that fragile stone, the golden swore, was calling him. Calling the twin horned in a voice and in a place he had never before felt. This awoke a need. A need to know. A need to answer.

Muscles stretched before now roared with the full might of a pounding engine. Lungs began to feel the strain as the beast pushed into top gear. They clawed his sides for more room, while his heart pounded about them. Ears, now filling with sounds of the struggle. Golden coat, already warm from the sun and travel stained a darker gold, and folds began to lather. Head lowered and tossed trying ever harder to pull his mass across the thick sands. All the cold from the mountains had now vanished as Thranduil raced. His body burned, but he could not slow and yield to its pleas. Not now. This time the golden nerves relished the full feelings of strain, fully testing himself. Going wide open, but not for a morning run, not for as a passing fancy. It was made all the sweeter for it came with a tangible purpose. His harks trained on the others about him who raced to the prize he looked on only to the calm and serine turquoise gem. Waiting. Calling. Though pride might be hurt if he lost a race to this lot, never answering that call would hurt him more. It was more than a curiosity. It was a need. There was something more to this stone, its voice so powerful in him, as if it was alive.

So golden had joined the race, youthful and fit he lunged with his full force towards this fragile gem. Raced to the fragile stone. Raced to the sea colored gem. Raced to the call. Raced to answer.

OOC :: Thranduil seeks a Cerndyr, with Dark Mist
Wishlist

"blah blah blah."

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Jorogumo Posts: 70
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 2 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Selkie

Jorogumo
The hurt the head forgets, The heart will always remember

The spider could see others gathering. She left her cold northern home for the sheer sake of it. There were poisons to be found throughout Helovia and she needed to find them to gain her own. But her quest was shoved aside when she saw the others running and for a moment she stood there, until her eyes rested on what they sought. Her eyes also focused upon a painted thing and disgust and rage filled her stomach, the chou was there. Such an ugly thing didn’t deserve whatever prize they sought.

Jorogumo ran her developing legs drawing her forward. It was faster than she had ever run before, faster than when she ran from the darkness. There was nothing that could stop her from claiming this prize as her own. This egg would be hers, she was no longer the loser, the weakling, she was the conqueror, the Spider Queen. This would be her first conquest. Her youth meant nothing. One way or another that egg would fall into her clutches, and she would be more than willing to let heads roll for her treasure. After all, a queen needed to strike fear into those that she ruled.

She pushed herself further and further, driving herself closer and closer. The prize was waiting, the prize would be hers, she could hear it calling out for it’s true master. The spider knew not what was in it or the price of her greed would bring or the young life that lay in wait for someone to bond it’s soul with.

"blah blah blah."

[Seeks a kitsune with dark illusion Wishlist]

Image Credit

Icon by Bronzehalo

Biru Posts: 33
Up For Adoption atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16.3 Hands :: 3 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Annabelle :: Royal Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Adoptable
On account of things being a little "up in the air", Biru took it upon himself to discover the lands, in and of itself. He first set of in the direction of delicious smelling salt. The air was fresh, crips, and mingled with the scents of others. It ranged, from sweet smelling females, to the stench of other masculine males. The scents mixing were not a pleasant one, but 'twas the woes of Birdsong, or spring. His eyes watched over the gathering for a moment, not sure on whether or not he should approach. A large group began to watch, to wait, and Biru took his chance, he would not sit idly bye.

For now, he could make out an egg. It was situated in driftwood, curled up was a green, glimmering gem. The smooth, cool surface gleamed in his eye. It resembled much of the other eggs he had seen with Lia. With a leap, he began to run. He was a warrior, he would win this egg.

Tainted blood carried his un-cloven hooves across the sand. Sand was a rough substrate to be running in. The sand clung annoyingly against his side, and compacted against the frog of his hoof. He grumbled, but a little discomfort was something he was used too. The muscles rippled beneath his taught coat, the thunderous roar of his own body was all he was focused on. Sweat beaded across his hide, creating a sheen that glittered in the light. He had no awareness of who was around him, or even what was around him. The only thing he had his eye on was that green egg. The sad thing was, he was working so hard, the poor boy couldn't even tell the gem was turquoise. Sure, potato po-tat-o in some cases, but he knew the ocean well enough to know they were the same color. It seemed that this egg though, just pulled his soul towards it. He wished that it was meant to be, and that soon upon his arrival, he could share a gift from the gods, and be bonded to a loyal companion.

His breaths began to become more ragged as time wore on, and he began to wonder just how far the distance was, and if he was truly moving as fast as he thought. He deduced however, that he (if not moving fast), was at least moving so slow, that he was able to slow-mo his epic movements.

Dark Mist : Cerndyr

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

Round One

You take off. Hooves are flying, and so is sand. It's clinging to your pelt, maybe even stinging your eyes, but you know that you have to keep running. There are five clumps in positioning, but plenty of distance left between you and that pile of driftwood. You still stand a chance if you can keep running!

|| Brisa is currently in the lead. The wind seems to push stronger against your back than the others, and you've chosen the path of least resistance giving you maximum speed.

|| Thranduil and Jorogumo are tied for second. The lunging of Thranduil allowed enough speed to overcome everyone in the pack except Brisa. And, with Jorogumo's speed is almost like a jet - kicking into high gear very early. However, with three horses now tearing up the sand it is making it even more difficult for the others to gather such speed so quickly.

|| Abishia, Biru and Ilios are all tied for third. Each of you can feel a magnetic pull towards this egg, and your surges forward are just far enough away from the sand being kicked up so you do not have to inhale it. However, with not as much traction as the clump of horses before you, you just can't gain the same amount of speed as them.

|| Esther and Liit are tied for fourth. You take off running for the egg, but it seems that you haven't realized just how quick everyone else is. As you try and kick into high gear you find it more difficult due to holes and piles of sand now littering the once clear beach. But, inside, you know that the egg is meant for you and you won't let a little bit worn terrain stop you from getting what is yours.

|| Delsolea is currently in last place. Upon landing, momentum drug you forward, limbs flailing in order to find balance. But, instead of balance you found a piece of driftwood which managed to pull you down and off of your feet for a moment - too late for you wings to save you. However, you can still make it to the egg if you try hard enough! Run - run like the wind.

This is a dice roll race! All previous denials will be used in your favor in the dice. You have 96 hours to post to this drop before the next roll - there will be at least 3 rounds (4 if there is a tie for first after the 3rd round)

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel

Feeling the softness of the sand beneath her feet brought back some of her favourite memories of the past couple months. The ocean is what brought her peace after all these years, it allowed her soul to soar to new heights. Maybe it was the reason for her choosing to call the Edge her home when she had many other options, well at the time it was because it was the first place she had been offered but now she knew it was the correct choice for her.

Normally when she was this close to the ocean she loved to explore everything that there was to find, but not this time. The driftwood was her intended target, upon it the beautiful teal coloured egg beckoning to her, needing her. Please let this be mine, she thought silently praying to the gods above. If they could hear her wish wherever they were out there, let her be the one to raise the creature within the egg, she was capable, more than capable.

Urging her muscles to stretch just a little bit further, move a little bit faster, maybe she could be the first one to reach the target. Refusing to give up she pushed herself forward gaining speed with each stride, well at least in her mind she was not so sure about if it was actually happening or not. The wind blew from behind hopefully helping her gain that little extra speed to put her in the lead, now it was up to her to give it everything, show them that she had what it took. Stretching her head forward with each forward stride she threw her entire body into the motion, it was only her and the ocean's egg before her nothing else existed, nothing else mattered. Nothing was going to stand in her way, she needed this, she needed to know that there was more to life than just what she currently had discovered. She was unstoppable, no one could stop her from dreaming...ever.

Brisa speaks

Brisa is hoping for a Kitsune companion with
Electric ability: lightning can manifest from the tails and be used as whip-like weapons

1 previous denial
Step Right Up

Wishlist

Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Esther Posts: 26
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: Four Years Buff: NOVICE
Emily

Esther
Queen of the Stars

As the race continued, I glanced around quickly. I was tied with one other for fourth place. No no no! Fourth place won't do at all! I have to win! I have to get there in time. I struggle to get a solid purchase on the sand, the ones ahead of me, there's like six of them are tearing up the sand.

Desperately I look for somewhere with better traction. Oh there! Along the waters edge! If nothing else I can use the better traction to speed past some of the others, before cutting back in towards the pretty thing! Carefully I pick my way through, dodging holes from where the front runners have kicked up the sand.

When I reach the untouched sand with the waters lapping gently around my hooves and ankles, I kick my speed up another notch. Please let my speedy genetics be enough! I have to reach it in time, I just HAVE to! My ears are laced back as my entire focus shifts to just taking the fastest path to the shiny stone in the driftwood. My gait stretches out just a bit father, trying to cover as much ground in one stride as possible. This shiny would belong to me! It just had to!

I need to prove myself to everyone. Winning this race to this shiny object and winning whatever was pulling us all forward was the best way. The prize had to be amazing, for all of us to be fighting this hard to reach it first.

"blah blah blah."

Wishlist Cerndyr | Starpast

Liit Posts: N/A
Unregistered
every day the gods are flipping coins

There were others. They were quick, dashing through the sand and sending it flying up behind them in a flurry of dust that accented their speed. She had not been as quick, perhaps lagging behind the others as they had all spotted the shining treasure at the same time. The others dug their hooves in and ran as though their lives depended on it, and that’s what she did too. Spurred by the desperation to make it there in time, she bolted from her hurried jogging pace to a flat out run, bolting in the direction of the egg.

Behind her were others running, perhaps a little too late to the show or perhaps coming to the realization that they were not alone either. The only thing to Liit’s benefit is that she was quicker to come to that realization than they were, leaving her behind several others and running alongside another mare, one that was tall and heavier set than the petite, pale figure of Liit. With the urgency of needing to get to the egg quickly, preferably first, she ducks her chin and stretches her legs as best she can. With the heavy breaths of the larger mare slowly fading as she ducks away, turning quickly to one side where the sand is smoother and not as trampled and treacherous as the sand that Liit was currently navigating.

She thinks that it would be wise to follow the larger mare, to try and cut alongside the waterside and turn back towards the group, but she knows that her legs are not as long and her only hope is to stay as close to her original path as possible. Instead, she redirects her path to the left, finding a relatively undisturbed path of sand alongside the divots and the dangerous dips left behind by the others. This puts her hot on the trail of the others, if a little to the side of where they were running. Now she pushes herself forwards, feeing the soft sand give way under her feet and her lungs beginning to work as she fights to keep up to, and perhaps, pass the rest of the pack. The pale mare could see she was not too far behind the others, and thought she still had a chance to make it to the shining egg in time.

Wishlist
Cerndyr + Earth Spirit
<style type="text/css">#liitluv p::first-letter { padding-left: 20px; font-family: 'Cinzel Decorative', 'cursive'; font-size: 16px; color: #323627; line-height: 90%; }</style>

Biru Posts: 33
Up For Adoption atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16.3 Hands :: 3 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Annabelle :: Royal Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Adoptable
There are a few ahead of him, and he can't help but to grunt in frustration. Sand spewed from behind him, but he just couldn't eat the ground like he wanted. Muscles began to try and overcompensate now, he burned with the work. It had been a while since he trained, and it was showing. How on earth did he let his body deplete like this? Pain began to numb his thoughts as his legs worked to push his large, hulking body through the sand.

The others in front of him kept his eye on the prize. He would not give up that easily. Shifting from the soft, loose sand, he moved to the thicker, salty saturated sand. The wet sand thunked with every racing step, it was an awkward sound none the less, and he let out a soft chuckle at his own inappropriate thoughts. Moving on this sand was much easier, the ground was able to support his heavy weight, and not bog him down.

Sweat began to roll in rivulets down his muscles now, the hot sun scorching his dark hide. He could feel the heat radiating from his body. It would do him good to find an icy bath for his muscles after this, so he would have to explore the mountains later. His breathing was running ragged now, and he could only hope the end would come soon and fast. But, he had to win, there was no loosing in his book. He just hoped the hoofbeats behind him would not catch up.

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia
Realizing he was in third the foal swerved wide, away from the others, until he was breathing clean air. The buckskin colt wanted to scream his joy at the race, but something told the foal to safe his breath for running. 'I have to get there first, there is no room for losers.' He thought darkly pushing his long legs to stretch farther than before. His long spindly legs, and light weight helped him to stay closer to the top of the sand instead of sinking as much as the others. He was going to get there first or die trying. The deep set chest he had inherited from both of his parents made the running easier, since his lunges had room to expand to their full potential. Running was in his blood followed by endurance, since his father had the heavier draft's stamina and his mother had the hardy long winded lighter breeding. He was set for this now if it had been a fight he would never have been able to win.

He kept his mind clear of all thoughts, besides steady breathing and the movement of his legs. 'In and out, right left, in and out, right left.' His heart was screaming with pure joy as he pushed his winged and horned from over the warm sand. He sure would be tired when he got back to his mother, but he really didn't care. All he wanted right now was to reach that shinny blue orb on that blasted wood pile ahead of him. The colt thought he might explode if he didn't reach the blue speck before everyone else. If he had allowed himself to think he probably would have been fretting over the thought of what would happen if he had to fight for it. Either way this thought was not in his head, he was so focused on his deep even breathing and strong thrumming legs that he hadn't even noticed if he had passed anyone.

"Talking"’Thinking’
Words: 332
Ilios
Image CreditSevin's table design

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

T H R A N D U I L
Summer shoved spring.
Golden snapped at black.
Where the call rings,
He can not turn back.

It’s a mass of flying sand and hooves. Sweat and desire being welded together. Far enough ahead to feel the cool breeze of the front but behind enough to feel the biting sting of sand races the golden Thranduil. Alongside his grasping lungs comes the sounds of others, joining in. One hark slides back and he can hear a multitude chasing his lion tail. One is too close. The chaser is level with him, snaring up like a spider. The brute could not stand the dark one so close. He lets out a shrill roar. Head lowers, ears flatten under curved horns. Teeth bared, he snaps his Spanish head over, teeth reaching to clack.

It came like a roar over the sounds of strain and heat, pulling the beast from his aggression. Had he lost time or slowed a competitor? The golden sun could care not. Others were spreading to the sides, were they getting closer? He noticed not. The voice had called him back, and he was once again a prisoner to the siren stone. Once again, the sea color gem upon the driftwood, washed away all others. Body refocused. Harks forward, earth eyes only on the stone ahead. It was frustrated? Desirous? He could not work out the energy radiating from that stone, but only knew it was growing stronger. The need to answer grew stronger.

There was reality to contend with no matter how strong the call. It was spring, but the sun was lashing out at the racers in a fury of summer heat. Coat was a dark gold and speckled with sand, that joined in the lathering sweat. Cream locks were at least lifted from his neck and forehead, allowing a small breeze, and revealing his leafen star, but they tangled and whipped back, helping very little. Though the spirit of the beast was still there, his initial speed was not. With lungs beginning to burn, and head a roar of sounds. The sounds of water crashing came like cymbals in a symphony of drums, and it pulled the golden’s mind to the cool water, but the call would not yield, and his direction stayed true. Sand is not grassy turf, and it was working these racing creatures more than its brother terrains. It asked more, and gave less.

Youth though, was in his favor. Morning runs had built endurance, even if not in the right places. Searching for more traction the golden body stretched out. Fore limbs were springs, hitting the ground and pushing off to fly as far as they could reach, shoulders rolling. There was not a piece of this creature at peace. Hinds became his powerhouse, cloven hooves taking longer to dig a bit deep in the barely touched sand but to gain more traction than found in the top. It caused those tiny grains to fly back like a cape of gold. Oh though how that voice spoke to him. It called to him in tongues he had never heard, and clouded his mind slightly to those who raced behind him. His need to answer was burning hotter than his blood, and he strained his youth body if just allow the golden coat to settle around the turquois stone, matching the sun stricken sky, burning sands, and cool clear water.

OOC :: Thranduil seeks a Cerndyr, with Dark Mist
Wishlist

"blah blah blah."

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Abishia Posts: 225
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16 HH :: 5 years ~ Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Wild.

And now others, they our from every direction, and suddenly, She is running again. Sand flies, starts to clinic in her tassels, her eyes sting, But She squints, pushing her muscles to urge her forward. Her long, lean legs extend before her. The sound of pounding hooves is the only thing that reaches her harks. She jams them backward against her neck with a disgruntled grunt, and pushes harder. The sand that is flying makes it harder and harder to see, But She must keep going, there is a pull that her whole frame. It makes her run, even if She doesn't want to. Her bared are flaring, her barrel heaving with every step, and her heart pounding steadily within It's bone cage. But She is fit, She uses her long legs to the best ability, her strides long and fluid.

She pays no attention to who is behind or in front, all She can think of is the pull. She pushes harder. Another grunt escapes her, the effort jiggling her lean bodice, But She doesn't give in. All She can think of is that beautiful little egg being hers. A loud whinny echoes from her kissers, energy flowing through every limb.

She has to keep running.
She must.
She has to win.

She keeps her head tucked, pushing herself even harder, working to overcome the figure just in front of her. Her hooves are barely grazing the sand now, her speed intensifying as does the magnetic pull. Push! Push! Come on! I need to get there! Whatever it is, I want to call it my own, I want to be able to claim it as mine. She pressed her harks harder against the back of her neck, an attempt to make herself more arodinamic. Her neck is now lined with sweat.

If feels like It's never going to end. Her body and mind want her to stop, But the will to reach the object is much too strong. With being lean and lanky, She sort of has an advantage, provided her long stride and how She can gracefully move her bodice, also, She had spent much time running in her wake, from here to there, for just plain fun, and of course fleeing from the wraiths (which She found herself doing much too often). Her age was also putting a good luck charm around her neck also, with young, fresh lungs, her stamina would be far better than that of a heavy, old soul.

Push. Push. Push. COME ON! Her muscles are screaming, telling her to stop, But She just can't.She screams right back at them, and they listen, a bolt of speed gaining her a bit more ground. Energy still pulses through her, adrenaline forcing her to keep those legs moving... And of course the tempting thought of winning pricks her stomach. But She is still running blindly, to a prize in which She does not know, But feels like She has to have. She replays the blue twinkle of light in her mind again, a smile captivating her maw. But She doesn't keep her mind off her hooves for more than a few moments, making certain that She doesn't concentrate to much on her thoughts, rather than the situation at hand. She has no knowledge to where She is running to, so She must run cleverly, keeping her focus centered on the prize and her balance, she urges on, eager to see the outcome of all this. This is no race... This is survival of the fittest, and the last one alive gets the treasure. She knows this place well, the sands familiar under her dainty hooves. But all She can do is pray. As She runs, She sends prayers up to the Gods. Please mighty ones... Give me strength. Please dear Gods give me stamina. But again, She is careful to remain concentrated on her footing and where She is placing each hoove, and keeping her senses alerted in case anyone would stumble and affect the path in which She was running. The sand beneath her feels loose, unstable, But She tried to ignore that fact, and hey, She has spent many moon's in the Blue, running, frolicking, so She is almost used to the traction She is getting, But She still feels a lag. Her heart beats rapidly. She encourages her legs to move faster, faster, and yet, She still isn't satisfied. She pushes harder, grunting with the effort. Oh please Gods, give me the courage and strength to at least finish this race... Please dear lords, I beg you to let power run through my veins...

Push, Push, Push, Lean muscles ripple under the sweat lined, chestnut coat. An idea sparks within her, the thought of well, I may need to pace myself is this race lasts for longer than suspected. She doesn't slow, But is careful to not Push herself to her limit, in case the race would be lengthy, She would have the energy to surge forward, and if it wasn't, She could give that last spirt of energy that could be the game changer. Slowly, She begins to enjoy the feeling of her locks flowing out behind her, the wind in her face, and her hooves pounding into the sand ruthlessly.

Abishia hooves for a Royal Kitsune with Dark Illusions. Wishlist posted above.
"blah blah blah."

ABISHIA

Image Credits

lines
please tag me in any and all posts

Jorogumo Posts: 70
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 2 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Selkie

Jorogumo
The hurt the head forgets, The heart will always remember

Laughter escapes from her lips as she passes the rest. Only two stand in her way. Only two. They will be run over and destroyed in her wake. Jorogumo is focused solely on her prize. She pushed herself further, closer towards her goal, trying to push past the stallion next to her. “You’re going to lose!” She called out to them as she pushed herself forward. “A queen always gets what she wants.” The last few words were muttered under her breath. They wouldn’t of course hear it due to their distance, and she intended it solely for her ears and hers alone. None recognized her as their ruler yet, but one day they would.

Jorogumo kept pushing herself, trying to surpass the mare in front. Trying to take the lead and become the conqueror to seize a hold of that first place. Their finish line was drawing closer with each step, and she intended to be the one to break the ribbon. Second was the first to lose. Second meant failure. Jorogumo wasn’t a failure. She was a queen, a winner, conquerer, and all would know. This would be her first conquest. This would be ingrained in their minds of the spider, seizing the prize and walking away with the crown.

The spider was surprisingly fit for one so young, frequent traveling kept her body in pristine condition. Her growing legs drew her forward. Pushed her owward and she craved to see the hornless mare in front be put behind her.

"blah blah blah."

Image Credit

Icon by Bronzehalo