the Rift

Define Tormentors [Questing: RE]

Prometheus Posts: 75
Up For Adoption atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 8.2 / 16.3 :: 4 months / 6 years [Immortal] HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Pyr :: Siberian Tiger :: Hypnotize & Flaming Touch Adoptable

Mercury trails behind my handsome potential form, filling the indentations of my cleft hooves in the mud of this beautifully disgusting place. Every corner of it reeks of death and every blowing wind through the dying trees tells of loss. There is always a low, mourning whistle; the cry of the lost souls as they search endlessly for their purpose in the last scrap of existence that they maintain. I stand tall above them, parting the mists they form with their ghostly remains and sending the mercury down to meet the swamp water's edge in tiny, quick moving rivulets. You avoid the shining metal like it is the plague of life and vivacity that you've long since lost. Your careful and hesitant steps around the trails of it that surround me are an amusing form of entertainment, but I still find myself bored by the outing, even if the destination is my former home.

I remember my first days dead, when I was no more than a child sure of my sovereignty. I was lord of the undead, champion of all lost souls, guardian of hell and friend of the reaper. Now I am such a different thing altogether. I've lost my desire to rule, but only to a certain extent. Perhaps I've not lost it so much as let it grow and bloom- my level of maturity has risen with each day, and with it, so has my dangerous level of intelligence. I am able to stride now with a powerful tiger at my side and take any form of myself that I wish; I can mine the earth and exploit its resources for my own benefit. From nothing, I create chains. Chains that wrap around your neck and rattle with each step. Chains of silver and iron, chains that reflect in the mercury stained water and rise the souls of the dead with their clatter.

But if one thing has remained the same, it is the hunger. I lower my battered head now to the marsh's shores and pull eagerly at a fly-ridden corpse. There is a deep rumble in your throat as your submissive silence turns into a hungry growl, but in seconds my hoof strikes your shoulder blade and you are reminded of your place. The scent of your blood, hot as it runs from your side to blend with the mercury at my feet, acts only as a reminder of my thirst. I begin to tear at the corpse with my dagger-like hooves and pull its flesh away from its bone with my teeth. The Sun King's request will not go unanswered, but first, a meal.

Only when I am satisfied do I step away to let you pick at the remains. Our bond does not always extend to kindness- our love is a strange one, not spoken of in the homes of the living and the civil. You grab hungrily at the bones, leaving them clean and further filthying your dusty coat with the craps of meat. In that moment I find you simply beautiful.

My cool legs, spattered in white varnish spotting, are soon submerged in the water, and little grains of sand float to the top to surround me as the metal within them is stirred by my ability. My head lowers beneath the surface and my white eyes seek out the remains of the dead. The snapper fish flee the sight of my face.

Even they know to hide from the lord of the dead.

img © foter
[Image: siggy1_zpsfwdjquxw.png]
please tag Prometheus in all replies!
magic & force is permitted at your own peril.

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

Lord of the Dead you are not.

From beneath the murky waters, a corpse laying still begins to stir. You may not notice this slight movement at first, only the eyes open their gentle lids to view you as you search for a pegasus trapped still within the dead waters. He may be the one you seek, but he will not be so easily caught. The God of the Sun has warned him of your venture, even as the words slipped off that liquid tongue of the golden brute. Now, your quest will become all the more difficult.

The lifeless eyes of milky white begin to glow a deep, violent red within the water, even as motion begins to return to the atrophied limbs of the dead pegasus. He is a massive beast, and you might be wandering just what brought this beautiful creature to his death, were it not for the massive hole in his chest, an ugly gaping wound that more than allowed you to view his hollowed out cavity - demons, after all, should have no hearts.

He loosens himself from the gripping holds of the dead surrounding him, tattered flesh pulling from his legs as he turns upright, arising out of the swamp to view your pulled together mirage, a fake form to hide the death that reeks below the surface. Destroyed flesh and a mess of feather and bone stand straight up from his back as the dead rises above the water, putrid, stale liquid pouring from the hole in his chest and dripping from his hooves. His face is sunken, worn, lacking the healthy tissue of the living. However, Prometheus, you are not the only corpse blessed with magic.

A horrible screech begins to fill the air, deafening and paralyzing to hear. You may flinch at the sound, since your living self is now in action. Suddenly, in a flash, bones begin to lift from the previously lifeless water, turning into javelins as the pegasus corpse launches them at you with ferocity.

You have awoken the dead, but can you return him to eternal slumber?

Stallion :: Unicorn :: 8.2 / 16.3 :: 4 months / 6 years [Immortal] HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE

I see death rise from the stagnant pool, and as the zombie shudders and quakes, I lift my head to greet it with a grin. His horrifying screech does not phases me, but the mercury at my heels seems to shudder and sink back into the porous earth. Beside me you growl defensively, and I allow the weighted chains to fall from you like ashes off of the remnants of a fire. The snapper fish that chose to flee from me are lost in the haze of the dank water; even the beast's hideous form fails to reflect in the muddy surface. The water is forever stained with blood and muck, and now a faint trace of silver from my mercury slithers into it as well.

The creature seems intent on causing pain; it screeches and causes the instincts built into this form to wreak a shuddering sensation upon me. I spit in disgust and allow bile to dribble down my throat at the idea of my weaknesses in this form. Perhaps it will be better to return to the form of a child, for just a moment or so. And as I stand half submerged in the water, my illusion fading, I feel a change in the air and hear a whoosh of motion. I had returned to my proper self not a moment too soon, for bones are seen flying by, and one strikes true and forms yet another cavity in my chest. My withered, cold heart is revealed, but the stale pus that oozes from the wound brings me no pain. I feel a sudden elation at the realization that I am immortal and untouchable. Another bone slides across my flank and I make no move to avoid it as it flies towards me swiftly. The cut along my side is a mere grazing of flesh, like a knife run carefully along the hide. With madness, I laugh. The wound and its giver bring me joy; in fact, were it not for his impudence when addressing his lord and master, I would leave the beast to his own devices. But he has shown me disrespect, and for this he must be punished.

I find it strange that before I can even act you leap into the fray. Your body falls into the water with a heavy splash, coating you in grayed algae and smudging the silver stains of your melted chains deeper into your coat. I find myself wanting to call out to you, loving you more than I ever have, yet still I refuse to admit it. I watch with pride as your muscles coil to spring as I have taught you. As you leap from the shallow surface with grace and poise, I find my gaze fixed. You reach out with dangerous claws to catch the creature where he hovers*, and your open, snarling mouth aims to bite down on his rotting flesh to drag him back down with you. I wonder about your intentions- do you hope to draw him back beneath the surface, to drown him when he has no need for breath? Surely you know this will do him no harm, certainly you understand that the foe we face is no mere mortal.

I watch the fire in your eyes and I see undying loyalty. I begin to fear that your thoughts are not with you, that you simply strike to save the life of your master- to save I, the child of death who already belongs beneath the ground. There is a rush of pity and a need to protect you. When I stagger you run, when you breathe, when you sleep, I simply exist. I cannot jeopardize such vitality, cannot be to blame for your death.

And so I begin to charge forward, sending waves of water behind me, moving as quickly as I can even as the muddy swamp floor sucks at my hooves and slows me down. My head lowers and my gaze stiffens to create a look of determination, perhaps the first emotion that has crossed my features in some time. My broken horn strikes for the hole in the monster's chest.

I find my broken body quivering with anticipation.

[[P: 1/? || WC: 703 || M/CU:1/2 || AS: Prometheus reverts to his undead form and is unharmed by the bones, though one embeds itself within his chest and another grazes his side. Pyr runs forth and leaps up at the monster with his claws out and his jaws open, poising to bite. He is attempting to drag the creature into the water (*I was unsure if the corpse was hovering or simply above the surface of the water. Either way, Pyr is attempting to latch his claws onto the creature and bite him to drag him back beneath the water's surface and hopefully rip off some flesh.). Prometheus runs forward and aims for the creature's hollow chest, using his horn as a weapon. || Note: Eep, zombie fight is fun! Belial may be joining before or after the fight, I guess we shouldn't wait.]]

img © foter

Helovian Ancient

The zombie coils in frustration at the sight of you returning to your normal self after just a little bit of goading from the screech he has let loose. There will be no victory with him defeating this weaker undead, smaller in frame and less apt with magic. His eyes narrow, deadly slits of bright red, as you sink into your less glorious form. A smile winds up on a twisted, hallowed face, even as he continues to pelt bones at your withered form.

One javelin slices into you without resistance, yet instead of agony you feel nothing. What can you feel, after all? This corpse should have known better, being dead of feeling as well. How can you kill the undead? You would need to discover the answer now.

A stroke of heavy wings, lost of matter but somehow still functioning, slides the corpse around over the murky waters from which he lifts. the hovering body watches as the tiger makes his move, slowed by the muck and the dead below, yet still more agile than his dead master. The claws and paws of the tiger meet with force, gripping onto one of the dead's legs, ripping it from the knee off. Yet, he would not manage to tug down the dead from the air. After all, skin is fragile, bone is brittle, and the connective tissue holding all of this together is decayed. Your tiger will likely meet with nothing but a discarded limb from the dead pegasus and a face full of putrid water. mangled, tear of sinew and flesh dangles where the front, right leg had once been whole, now split in two.

Yet a zombie feels no such thing as pain.

You take heart, though, knowing your beloved cat is in danger. The corpse ignores this one, though. Let him drown in the waters of the dead, that is not the zombie's target today. Instead, the dead seeks the dead, to put him to sleep as he should be. Forward on broken wings, meeting your charge with his own, yet swerving in the air so that his rump and back hooves slam out at you, your small horn tearing holes in the back limbs of the flying dead, but not halting his assault on your own body. He will tear you limb from limb.

This is foolish, and but you do not recognize the futility of your efforts, even when the water engulfs you and you are left to drown among the bodies of the dead. I watch you as you fall with a sense of dread that I do my best to quell as I continue my forward gallop and allow my horn to slice at what remains of his tattered hindquarters. I cannot think of your fate now, for the beast's jagged hooves are striking towards my thin-boned neck and threatening to crack it in half. Even if I'll feel no pain, there is a slight fear that I cannot shake. The image of hooves striking towards my face, flying past my eyes, heading for the neck- it is one that is all too familiar.

As I run past the beast, gait slowed by the wet muck of the marsh's floor, his hooves strike the arch of my neck where the tattered mane meets flesh. There is a splatter of black, thick blood that has soured in my dormant veins, and in my mind I hear a colt's last, desperate cry as his life is ended. The sensation of being struck in such a manner is mentally crippling. I find myself skidding to a stop and tumbling beneath the surface of the marsh waters. Shadow surrounds me and I long once more for sleep. This battle is pointless; it will rage endlessly and still no victor will be determined.

You have not given up. Perhaps it is your stubborn will to live that I have long since abandoned, but you persist. From my place beneath the surface, I can see the dim shadow of your form rising from the water, leaving behind the monster's leg and letting it bob to the surface. I want to cry out your name and hold you back, but to keep a tiger chained is to condemn him to a painful death. It is too late for me to control you now, and you are on your own. But I, I remain protected. For as long as you breathe, I will never be alone again.

The realization that I would miss you if you were gone strikes like a knife and I cannot bear to let you face the beast alone. I rise from the marsh amid a shimmering illusion that quickly becomes reality. My dull and torn coat grows to a deep red coated with white roan spotting, and what was once a broken horn now aims directly towards the beast in a threatening stance. Immaculate dagger-like hooves of a goat are lifted from the water as I prepare myself to ram into the monster before us, but out of the corner of my pure white eyes is an image that enraptures me.

You have stood proudly and firmly before the monster of the swamp, and with eyes that seem to grow a darker red each day, you seem to stare into his soul. I recognize the trick you were born with and have since mastered; watch with fascination as you do your best to draw the being into your web. Your spell of hypnosis now is our final hope, our last chance before we must give in to our fates. You to death, and I to eternal war.

[[P: 2/? || WC: 553 || M/CU:2/2 || AS: Prometheus is hit by the hooves at the top of his neck, around the middle of its length. He falls into the water as Pyr gets out of it. Prometheus gets out of the water and is in potential form but merely for writing and creativity purposes; he attempts no attacks. He ses Pyr attempting to hypnotize the zombie using his advanced hypnosis skills. || Note: The pair is trying to end the fight with this one, here goes nothing. ]]

img © foter

Helovian Ancient

You falter and slide into the muck and mire at the light kick of the stallion's dead hooves, and vacant eyes turn to watch as you slump worthlessly into the water, sinking beneath the surface with no attempt to stop yourself. The pegasus smiles, the look so cruel and callous that it would put your own smirk to shame. However, that pet rises from the swill of water, his paws sloshing across the surface at the stallion turns to face him.

The pegasus would lunge at the orange and black body, decaying maw snapping open and shut with atrophied muscles that hardly work. What magic holds this creature together and moving is the same as within you, but you know all too well its limitations. Yellowed teeth grasp for flesh, but it stops short as the cat makes one final attempt to stop this beast from killing him.

A fierce look on the rotten face which glares with red, intense eyes. The cub begins to watch him with dark, large, feline eyes. Brave, unyielding to the advance, a calm face greets the undead. The zombie's own eyes of glaring red catch them, but the pits of black grab hold of the crimson eyes, and the flying dead's will to look away is shattered. You see, even the dead can be so hypnotized by the living. It is quite reasonable for the only sense still lingering, vision, is able to be grappeled and locked down. The zombie hovers in the air, jerks his head away from your cat, but it is no use. His neck soon slackens, even as you watch him, and the monster has been quelled.

For the moment, anyway.

The hiss of death returns to the pegasus like an old friend. I watch as the zombie falls at your will, and I do what I can to not express my gratitude. The life you have saved me from, the existence we are now free of is not one I will forget the thought of. To fight forever would be no burden; to fight alone would be the worst I could ever imagine.

But the sentimentality and the heartwarming sensation of my feelings for you are sickening. I turn instead to the silent and still corpse before us, pretending as if it has always been this way, doing what I can to forget the part you played in its rest. I waste no time and draw metal from the earth expediently. It falls across the pegasus in thin ropes that begin to bulk themselves up and form rings and chains. You recognize the image, you see it in yourself. You cringe and for a second your concentration is broken.

I fear the worst, and the chains tighten immediately. Blades form from steel and strike through the creature's flesh as you attempt to gain control once more. There is a sickening crack as a dagger strikes through what I sense is the spine, a wretched, splitting sound as one falls down towards the scapulars, hopefully severing them. Blood and dirt from the mire stain my vision and the scene is unclear. I sense worry coming off of you in waves, and I fall to my knees in what I recognize as exhaustion. Not physical exhaustion- in that sense I will always be tireless.

No, exhausted by efforts of hiding my love for you and faking my hate. I wish to call you to my side now, to apologize, to beg you to forgive, but it is too late. Your tail twitches rhythmically and your eyes focus on the target- you are lost in your power once again. I try not to fall into the dead waters. I try to stay afloat, even as everything else sinks around me.

img © foter

Helovian Ancient

Dead, vacant eyes stay locked onto those of gold, dimming with a lack of sight as the mind whirls like a machine in the swollen skull of the pegasus.

The undead foe does not see (how can he?) the chains that slither like serpents through the marsh water and roll around him with an insatiable hunger. They lurch and slide around his sides and slip into the nooks of his bones and his body. He can feel them, but he is powerless to resist while caught in the eyes of the tiger.

The moment fades.

In the blink of an eye the hypnosis splinters and cracks. Pale legs of bone and warped flesh kick as the pegasus rears against the restraints, but they tighten in an instant, severing the pegasus' neck from his withers.

The two segments of the body slump into the water, seemingly deceased at last.

Seemingly.

The battle at last is complete. I watch as the remains of the pegasus slither into the thick mud of the marsh and your eyes slowly regain emotion. They turn to me, glittering with pride and pleasure; I cannot tell at what. That you have proved your love for me, or outshone me? Or perhaps, even, a genuine happiness that I have gotten exactly what I wanted?

But no, this is far from what I wanted. I lift my weary form and make my way to the corpse, I drag the pale bones of the wing structures out of the marsh and onto the bank, staring at the few scattered feathers and their tattered condition. I stand over them, silent, watching and waiting for something to occur. I know I must return to the God of the Sun and present him with my findings when birdsong first falls, and as much as the triumph of the thought fills me, I feel empty regardless. I have hoped, perhaps, that in an instant the wings will mold to my flesh and I can at last take flight.

But there is only silence and stillness in the marsh. You come close to my side, perhaps sensing my sadness. For the first time in so long your fur brushes my side and I do not flinch; neither of us flinch. You have proven yourself strong when I have faltered- protected me in my time of need. I want to thank you, I wish I could thank you. I owe you this thanks at least, but say nothing instead. Silence and stillness reigns this marsh.

[[Hurrah, at last! Thank you Boom and Blu both, this was very fun. :)]]

img © foter