A little machine [Sno/Open]

Ulrik the Engineer Posts: 235
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 hh :: 11 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kirchoff :: Common Hellhound :: Superspeed Tamme

ULRIK                

I'm not the only one who can't see why it crossed your mind

I see your life and death reduced into a product line

The thought of seeing so many young, impressionable faces at the meeting touched Ulrik. Though mad and cruel, he had been raised as a part of a closely knit, tribe of unicorns. Caring for young was often a duty that was shared among all of the members, and as such, he had a bit of a soft spot for the tiny, delicate creatures.

A blueprint had formed in his mind as he had been watching Sno and the barely controlled Monster, and he now began to work on the new creation. It would be perfect, especially for a small child who was just beginning to press the boundaries of her home.

With a deep hum, he closed his bronze eyes and bowed his head, the long fur of his beard catching the breeze. The hum grew louder and resonated in his chest deeply, reverberating off the trees. As the note moved throughout the small area, the markings on his shoulder began to glow. It snaked from his shoulder, leaving it bare, and moved to the metal that lay on the ground.

Yes, that's it. He imagined the creation perfectly and the bronze light began to slither around the metal, shaping it for its purpose. All of the wires began to spiral out and connect and finally, a large, metal, cascading shell began to take shape.

Metal jaws glowed bronze, and finally, his markings made their way back up his body. In the place of the scrap metal stood a wolf, mechanical like his, but smaller. Ulrik leaned down and brushed his lips on a small switch near the top, and it whirred to life, eyes brightly glowing white. Perfect.

Credits

Snö Posts: 155
Deceased atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: 4 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
ali
image by jouste @ flickr.com</style>

Monster was nowhere in sight, leaving Snö alone to entertain herself. Entertaining herself was something Snö was good at but didn't particularly care for. Thanks to her mother she had spent most of her childhood alone. Even after she'd run away and made it back to the Edge she still didn't have anyone to play with. Her dad was always busy and there weren't any other foals in the forest for her to play with.

"Thais!" She called out the name she had given Monster and paused long enough to listen for his answer, which was usually the pounding of hooves. Instead of hearing Monster coming to her she heard humming and clanking, which was a sound she'd never heard in the forest before. Her ears tilted forward and she inched through the woods, peeking around trees until she saw a unicorn and a ... a thing on the ground next to him.

"Wow." She breathed as she stepped out and walked toward it. She stopped and froze when the thing began to whir and it's eyes glow. The filly blinked then began to inch forward again. "That's really cool." She looked up at Ulrik. "Did you make it?"

snö.   </style>
& when she whispers, your blood shall run cold.</style>

ULRIK                

The gentle sound of crunching leaves beneath tiny hooves caused one of the stallion's dark ears to flicker backward, and he waited. She called for Thais in a small, child's voice, but none answered. Ulrik preferred that. He would rather give his gift in the silence of their company only. She then made her appearance known from behind the trees, and he smiled at his compliment, the expression appearing to be more of a grimace on his features.

"Indeed," he replied, looking down at the smaller wolf with the glowing white eyes. It turned its head to Sno and approached her slowly, its optical sensors making contact with the unicorn and finding her to be his master. Now, the thing would follow her, soullessly, forever. Or, at least until its motor finally died.

With a cold, intelligent bronze gaze, he turned his face to the child and grinned. "It is for you, child..." he said quietly, his voice a deep rumble. "A wolf for the white wolf. You do want to be a wolf, yes? Powerful, strong, and lovely?" he asked.

Credits

Snö Posts: 155
Deceased atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: 4 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
ali
image by jouste @ flickr.com</style>

"For me?" Snö repeated, blinking in disbelief at the metal wolf that Ulrik had crafted. She stared into the white eyes of the wolf until Ulrik's voice commanded her attention again and she looked up at him. Snö laughed happily and bounced toward the big stallion and nuzzled him before turning back to her wolf. "Yes!" She answered almost as an after thought. "I want to be a wolf." If she were strong and powerful then she would make her father proud and that was something she craved for.

The filly turned to the metal wolf that was hers and approached it, smiling happily to herself. "I'm going to call you Tarak." She said to the metal wolf. Snö was quiet for a moment before looking at Ulrik. "Does it understand me?" She hoped so. It was magic that had brought it to life and magic did a lot of things, didn't it?

snö.   </style>
& when she whispers, your blood shall run cold.</style>

ULRIK                

Something about how children never thought they were deserving of the gifts they were given touched Ulrik; it was a stark contrast to some of these older misfits who expected the world with no work. He smiled softly and nodded once. "Mhm..." he rumbled in response. When she bounced over his way and ran her soft, downy fur against his leg, the stallion snorted once in amusement.

She wanted to be a wolf, and he grinned rather...well.. wolfishly. "Excellent. Then you, little wolf, must preserve the unicorn way." He listened as she named the metal creature and snorted, thinking of how Lotus had wanted him to name them as well. The stallion found it disturbing to name something that he would later destroy.

Ulrik shrugged a little. "It can recognize your voice and certain word patterns, but it is not alive. This wolf is not a replacement for a companion you may desire in the future, but it will follow you and obey what you say." The stallion explained this in a matter of fact tone, his bronze eyes growing distant as he recalled how he had wired the machine's sensors.

Credits