the Rift

[DROP] Chthonic Rites [Earth/Water Magic Drop]

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

The two answer her question, their responses parallel in reasoning. She expected as much. Now comes the decision: award her gift to the youngling, or the grizzled, more experienced male?

The sphinx weighs her options carefully and with a benevolent cruelty that only nature can manage, elects to side against the young mare with her small companion. "You are young, and you will think I am condemning you for sending you away empty handed," the ancient riddle of a creature telepathically spoke to Merida. "I am doing this for a reason. Hardship builds character, character worthier of exceptional greatness more than any other. Your time on this earth has been short, your experiences minuscule; take this as a crucible. Go. Suffer. Learn. Grow. Emerge stronger. And on that day, you will be worthy of a gift such as mine, when you can appreciate it for exactly what it is." She speaks eloquently and softly into the mare's head, knowing this will be a grave disappointment. But disappointment is not a concern to her. Giving her essence to one who she feels is most worthy is her entire purpose now, so that she might pass on in peace.

To the victorious stallion she turns, lavender eyes locking onto his orbs. "Congratulations," she telepathically hums to him. "Know that your victory here ensures you will always carry a part of myself within you, the very essence that made me what I am; remember this in those moments you will be tempted to go back on what you have said to me and use this gift for less worthy means," she advised simply. She should not have to lecture the winner. The sphinx believed this stallion would appreciate the magic bestowed upon him.

Closing her arcane eyes, the amalgam of creatures took a deep breath, feathered chest expanding and a light beginning to glow from beneath the plumage. The luminous orb grew quickly and as it did, the edges of the sphinx seemed to blur and fade away, her physical body dissolving into a fine, glowing mist that rotated and orbited the glowing ball of light. The orb floated to Rostislav's chest and met his scarred skin, the cloud of luminescent mist inching over his body and enveloping him, covering him from head to toe. When it reached every part of him, the mist sank into his body, along with the orb, and it was done.

The sphinx was no more, her magic now a part of Rostislav and his worthy soul.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Congratulations @[Rostislav]!

A single dice roll was performed for the final round. An even number was a victory for Merida and an odd number was a victory for Rostislav. The dice roll produced an odd number, thus Rostislav wins.

Talk

darknightoftroy