the Rift

[OPEN] This is what it feels like.

Delsolea Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
delsolea
the static on your arm - it is the catalyst
As daylight turned to darkness, the light fading away into the sky as the long tendrils of shadow reached out to grip at the sky, she followed the fading light and here she stood on the top of the steppe, watching it all happen. The stars began to blossom from beneath the shadow, shining bright. It seemed like an eternity passed, yet Delsolea was waiting for the sun to be gone for the night, and let the stars shine. Night was a wonderful time as well, and even here where the cold sunk into her very bones, she marvelled in it.

As she watched though, the light began to weave and twist in a new pattern. Light overhead shone bright and strong, twisting elegantly like some ethereal ghost drifting across the sky. It enraptured her, Delsolea couldn’t help but stare in wonder. It was unlike nothing she had ever seen before. Not even in Nocturne, the condemned world of demons and terror, where she had heard tales of the dancing light, had she even once seen it.

Looking out across the steppe and standing in the dancing light, she felt a strange peace come over her. Perhaps here, in a new home in the Edge, and across Helovia, she could find her old self again. Years and years had gone back but there was nothing else to it. She knew that it was locked inside her head somewhere… but the light made her feel hopeful.

Standing in silence and watching the light roaring, leaping and twisting, she wondered if it was truly possible or not. Perhaps it was.

With a sigh, the maroon pegasus remained still – feeling for the first time in a long time, hopeful, even if she stood alone at this moment in time.
image by tamme <3

Ulrik the Engineer Posts: 235
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 hh :: 11 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kirchoff :: Common Hellhound :: Superspeed Tamme
Ulrik the Engineer

The magical night-lights of the Frostbreath Steppe did not affect the Engineer. He was absently grateful for the light as he worked, but other than that, no emotion reached his guarded, tightly locked interior (if such a thing even existed). A burlap back was wrapped loosely around his thick, black neck, and inside, he had chunks of metal that he had gathered from the nearby mountains. The two, onyx horns on his brow had helped him scrape the blood of the earth from its very silver veins. Now, he had to return and continue his work. Ever since he had destroyed the metal wolf, he had been desiring a new machine at his side.

The Basin could forgive his selfishness this time.

Kirchoff, the hellhound, grumbled in his wake, blinking his silver eyes from the cold. "Going back. Too cold." The beast rumbled in his head, giving Ulrik an irritated look before picking up a wolf-like trot - his ground-covering gait.

The engineer smirked in amusement. He and Kirchoff had come to an understanding of sorts. Neither of them were getting rid of the bond they shared, and both of them cared about the other. Now, they bickered at each other like an old married couple, but Kirchoff was by far the most vocal. Ulrik settled into a brisk trot after him, large, muscular form churning through the dusting of snow. He saw, in the distance, something...

Hope, perhaps, would be dashed as the Engineer adjusted his course, heading toward the ruby figure in the distance. Kirchoff, alerted to this alteration, lifted his head and bounded forward, spying a winged creature. "Pegasus. Red colored. Female." The hellhound said in his mind, and Ulrik narrowed his bronze gaze. What was a pegasus doing out here, so far, in the cover of night?

Like a creature from hell, the black, bearded beast approached, large, cloven hooves coming to a stop just far enough away. He was in every way, a classical, pureblooded unicorn, but the fairytale had turned into a nightmare. A brutal, bronze marking ran up his left shoulder, and the long, leonine tail he flashed around his hocks was snake-like. Two, sharp horns of ebony protruded from his masculine brow. Ulrik was a monster from the north, covered in thick hair, and his light, wickedly intelligent eyes shone from beneath dark lashes.

"What are you doing here?" he ground out, his voice raspy and deep like a tumbling boulder. Kirchoff stood at his shoulder, standing proudly but without menace.

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Image by Nikkayla

(Please tag me in every post)

Unregistered
delsolea
Beneath the twisting and mesmerising light that coiled high overhead, Delsolea had to resist the urge to take flight and soar closer, wanting to touch it. Yet she knew it was too far from reach, too high overhead where she would never ever climb to without death coming to her first, either from failing to breath or from passing out and plummeting to her doom. Either way, she was not suicidal – nor did she have the wing strength to fly for so long either. For a moment she was gone though, her mind left as she let herself become free.

The price was paid for her moment as the sound of hooves cutting through snow broke her reverie, her green eyes snapping wide open as an immediate moment of pure self defense swept her. Her wings snapped apart so slightly, as her eyes trailed up and around to see the unicorn who stood, as bold as brass, with a large canine standing stoic beside him. The cold gripped her for a moment as he spoke, fear lancing her heart for the briefest moment.

He looked strong, capable of simply ending her right there and then if he chose to do so. Delsolea had once been able to defend herself, but now she was less likely – her strength had faded and her agility blossomed, giving her speed and manoeuvring that was better than some.

Tucking her wings back to her side, she cast her green eyes over the stranger. There was nothing hostile in his voice, nor in his stance; yet she could feel that he was one she wouldn’t dare to trifle with. Instead, she turned her eyes back to the light.

“The mountains drew me in; I had never seen snow before in all my years. I did not expect to find this place as spellbinding as it is. It is unlike anything I have ever seen before,” she says, giving him a true answer rather than avoiding what had been asked. After all, wasn’t she meant to be trying to leave her past behind?

“Should I not be here?” She then asks after a moment of silence between them, casting her gaze to his bright eyes to remain there, gaze locking upon him while some small part of her mind was enthralled by both he and his companion.

[ooc] you have fantastic writing omg i read this and its almost 2am and i was like 'must reply now!' <3

@[Ulrik]
image by tamme <3

Ulrik the Engineer Posts: 235
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 hh :: 11 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kirchoff :: Common Hellhound :: Superspeed Tamme
Ulrik the Engineer

Ulrik was a master of deception. Hatred was all he felt in his soul for this sky rat. Her wings were an abomination, some sort of mutation that had gone wrong and proliferated like a disease. Still, beneath all the hate was a very softly spoken, weak sadness. Why did she have to be born as she was? The colors she wore were beautiful and the markings flattering. She was thoughtful, as she looked up at the sky, and she was a fine specimen of a mare - just lacking a horn and possessing these two, feathered appendages.

The wings she bore popped open as he approached, and he had learned to see that as a defensive mechanism. Wind would catch beneath the feathers and provide lift if she want wanted to run away from him, and he would be stuck, bronze hooves firmly trapped on the mortal ground that he admired so much. She pulled her wings back, and he assumed that she had made some foolish decision about her safety.

Ulrik furrowed his brows at her words. Never seen snow? He had seen enough of it. The white shit seemed to never disappear, and after years of having wet and soggy fetlocks with cold legs, he was fed up. Though, he supposed there was a novelty in seeing fields of white, condensed rain, even if it was the bane of the season. The stallion grunted in response, frowning slightly with a curve of his whiskered, black lips.

"When you live in the snow, you grow tired of the cold, but the lights are enchanting," he agreed, the rasp of his voice a brutal contrast to hers. Why he was being nice, he had no idea. What he wanted to do was lunge at her with his teeth bared and get her away, but where was the fun in that?

Her question pulled a smile to his lips, and his bronze eyes glittered madly. "Well..." he trailed, humming thoughtfully. "You stand close to the entrance of the Aurora Basin, my home. We are unpopular to the rest of the land, mainly because we stay in the familiarity of our own kind." Ulrik had a way of making their prejudice sound like a big, family gathering. And who could not like a family gathering?

"We are a band of warriors, creators, and most of us take none too kindly to our lands being trespassed upon." Ulrik warned, shifting his weight slightly onto one hip. "You are far enough away, though travelling alone is never wise." The Engineer smirked. "You never know what monsters you will encounter when you are alone."

Kirchoff watched with silver eyes, starting to circle her. Though the movement was purely curious in nature, the action could easily be interpreted as predatory. "She is... a pretty color. I still don't understand why you don't like the winged ones. They are useful." Ulrik ignored him.

[OOC: You too! :D Sorry for the lateness. ]]

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Image by Nikkayla

(Please tag me in every post)

Unregistered
delsolea
It was an awkward encounter. He stood so tall, strong – he was a foreboding sight to her but yet when he spoke to her in return, his words were not any colder. His voice was not entirely friendly, but at least he was speaking to her rather than at her. It had been some time since her last conversation with one of the male gender, and he had been one who had fled from her because he was too inept to deal with her, and his children. He had fled form her and left her alone, alone to be with her children and alone because he was too arrogant to look beyond himself. He had left Delsolea with a changed view, but it was for the best she was beginning to find.

It was better not to trust straight away. Even beneath these dancing lights, mesmerized by the colour and patterns they created, it was not something that weakened her mind.

When he spoke of the snow and the cold, she was inclined to agree with him despite having little knowledge of it.

“The cold is wearing; I have felt it before for long enough but never like this. It is not somewhere I believe I would like to stay for long periods of time,” she says, admitting this easily. Why she was, she didn’t know – but Delsolea knew. He had spoken of how close they were to his home, the Aurora Basin. She remembers that both Aurelia and Abishia had said strange things about the Basin. She was not inclined to entirely believe them though, despite that Aurelia was one Delsolea trusted now.

However, the way he spoke of it was different. Being an inhabitant of it, it sounded like a tightly knit group, even if they were all of the same kind. His words had become more laced with danger, a warning to her yet Delsolea only steeled her mind, not letting him know that she may be slightly worried by him. She held her ground, despite the increase in her heart rate.

His companion was beginning to circle around her, and Delsolea watched him for a moment, wondering if they somehow communicated to each other, but she decided it did not matter.

Her gaze turned back to the horned, “I have heard from others of the Basin. Though I do not pass judgement without truly knowing – a lesson learned the hard way,” she adds in a dry tone, looking away for a moment.

“I would not set hoof in a place I was not invited to begin with, oh monster,” she says to him in a rough voice, attempting to show she was not intimidated by him. “I have been travelling alone for a very long time. I have learnt how to escape if need be, but curiosity is difficult to override,” she says to him, this time with her own odd little smile on the end.

“And it seems the endless curiosity I had as a child has never left. There is much to be learnt about this world. I plan on seeing more of it, even if monsters might stalk me in the shadows.” She says to him. After a moment, she wonders if she might ask for who he was, his name – yet she refrains.

At least, for now her curiosity as to who he and his circling companion are is curbed.

[ooc] i'm soo sorry this took so long omg and how odd it is in places D:
image by tamme <3